Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 05:11 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Wink

Our thread was up to 2 pages again, so, here we go again!

There's a new person out there named Dee. I hope she'll come join us. I saw her writing on the WW Weigh-Ins & Countdowns. And, our Dee told her to come on over here. That would be something having two Dees.

Dee, how is your daughter doing? Do you have any more vacation plans coming up? How is your weather?

It's been raining off and on this week. I can't get out and walk.
We have just about finished painting and getting everything in our house fixed up. Linda, how is your home? I remember that you moved into a new one a year or so ago. Do you have it the way you like it now?

Well, I've stocked my frig with fresh fruits. I went back to that grocery store and bought some strawberries. I made sure I avoided that checkerwho "threw" my other box of berries all over the floor.

Mother's Day plans - who has any???? My sister and I will take our mother out for Mexican food. My sister's two sons won't be with us this year. My son will be. I will try and stay away from the chips and salsa this time. They make great chicken enchiladas.

Have a great weekend and check in when you have time!!!!!

Tina
148/???/134
Old 05-12-2001, 12:57 AM   #2  
Thursday Team

Funny you should ask about my vacation plans Tina, my daughter just asked me tonight where we could go this year. Unfortunately I dont have any plans right now. Not even sure if I can get time off work til after Aug. and by then she will be back in school.... can you believe her school starts like Aug 17 this year...but they do get out on the 24th of this month.

Weather here is warming up....to fast if you ask me but the weather man didn't ask me huh. I'm not much of an outdoorsy person....I tend to burn easily...so prefer not to be out. My daughter loves the out doors! But what kid doesn't.

Sounds like you have good plans for mothers day Tina. Hope you have fun. Hey you should've had the checker go and get you a fresh box of berries the other day, then you could have been eating them for days.

Have a great weekend everyone! Hang in there and post when you can....
Dee
Old 05-12-2001, 06:34 PM   #3  

I am trying to figure out what I have been doing for the past week! I haven't read messages or posted in ages! We had a zillion e-mails this week that took a while to catch up on. I know there were track meets, paper grading, meetings, NAPS, chaperoning the band today, and who knows what else. Can't believe that a week has gone by since I posted last though.

The band did awesome today. There were 3 judges and each one gave the band a "one" rating!!!!! They sounded good at their concert last week, and today they sounded even better. I had decided that if they didn't get a 1, I was going to have to go talk to the judges!!! LOL

We got to the school OK, but the lead bus driver decided to come home a different way. We live northwest of Dayton, Ohio, about 35 miles. Well, when we drove into Franklin,Ohio, (soutwest of Dayton about 30 miles) I knew she was a bit messed up. I kept telling one of the other adults that we were going the wrong way. She agreed. The lead driver finally admitted she was confused, and the van pulling the band trailer took the lead and managed to get us home about 45 minutes later than we were expected. Parents waiting in the parking lot were not happy at all.

Food and exercise wise I have been miserable lately. My mind has been on so many other things, I haven't even thought about dieting. Maybe once school is out, I can focus more on me.
Old 05-13-2001, 01:03 AM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi Tammy---I've missed you!
Don't wait a week again. I need you!
That sounded like some bus ride. Yuk. However, I'm glad the band got a "1" since I'm sure they deserved it.

You can eat healthily even before school is out. Don't think of this as a diet. We just have to watch how much we eat. (How about that for a pep talk. )

Hope everyone enjoys Mother's Day with their special ones.

Tina
Old 05-13-2001, 10:07 PM   #5  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone has had a peaceful Mother's day. It has been a quiet one here. My mom lives in San Antonio along with the rest of my family.

It's been a beautiful weekend. We worked outside all day yesterday. Today, I've been worthless. Think I wore myself out.

School is on the down hill side now. Only 2 weeks left!!! I can't wait. Maybe I'll have a little more time to post.

Susan
Old 05-14-2001, 12:32 PM   #6  

Happy Monday, everyone (if there is such a thing!).

Hope all the mother's out there had a wonderful day yesterday. I didn't do much of anything, since I'm not a mother, and I don't have a mother, although I did call my grandmother yesterday

I feel like I'm just treading water these days. Nothing exciting happening at work or at home. I had someone come over to give me a quote on replacing the windows in my house (they're all the original ones from when the home was built in the 40s). $15,000!!!!!!!! I almost choked! Plus the guy was smarmy -- totally doing that *hard sell* kind of garbage (he could give me 20% off if I wrote him a check then and there without having a contract or even the price written in anything but pencil on the back of a pad of paper). I have someone from another company coming out tonight.

I spent part of yesterday organizing my food plans for the week. The analytical geek in me made a spreadsheet with a bunch of different stuff I could make with what I have on hand, added Points info and then figured out which day I would eat which things. I also made another interesting discovery -- I've found that if I eat something about every two hours, I'm really full all day. Let's see how long it lasts (I'm pretty proud of myself -- I just threw out about 3/4 of an incredible cinnamon roll that someone brought by my office!)

I tried three new things that I thought I'd share, too. Had soy pasta for the first time (3 points for 2 oz. vs. 4 points for regular pasta). Not bad at all, although a little mushier than regular pasta - I'll just try to cook it less next time. Also made some Italian tomato soup for a lunch/snack kind of thing. Very filling and the way I made it was 1 point for a little more than a cup. And finally -- No Pudge Brownies. Have you guys tried these?! Oh my gosh ... they're awesome! 2 points per brownie and you can't tell at all that they're not those gooey rich 5 point full fat brownies.

Ok ...enough rambling. Talk to you later!

Laura~
Old 05-15-2001, 10:33 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

We're a pretty quiet group this week.

Laura--wow girl, you threw away a cinnamon roll!!! Good for you. That took courage.
I've never heard of No Pudge brownies. Where do you get them? In your local grocery store?

Susan, I love going to San Antonio. When our son was young, we'd go there every summer and, of course, go to the Alamo each time. I wanted him to appreciate being a Texan. My husband and I went there for a weekend a few months ago--just a quick getaway. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott near the Lone Star Mall. I'd love to stay on the Riverwalk - maybe when I win the lottery--just kidding.

Tammy - are you planning a party for yourself as soon as school is out?

Dee- yep, schools seem to be starting earlier every year. It's too hot for the kids.

I was up until after midnight painting a bedroom. It looks great. Now I'm picture hunting. I've bought one print so far. I need a few more things to put on the walls. And.....I did great eating today. I had yogurt this morning, for lunch-left-over baked chicken and some fruit and for supper, more chicken (I splurged and got one of those from the grocery all ready cooked) and some box stuffing. I hadn't had any starch today so it was okay.

Post when you can.
Tina
Old 05-16-2001, 09:36 AM   #8  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Checking in. We leave for a maiden voyage in our "new" old motorhome. We have been packing stuff in it every night. Last night, we wrote out menus and went grocery shopping & unloaded it in the motorhome. I am really getting excited. We leave early tomorrow morning. Oh, yeah--my stepdaughter is graduating from HS, about 250 miles away, so we are using this as an excuse for a mini vacation.

Just in case I don't get a chance to check in tomorrow, I weighed this morning (a day early) and was down 1#. I can already tell the difference in the way clothes fit and my energy level--maybe it has something to do with sunshine--who knows?

I am uncommonly busy at work, so again this is short. Things are looking to get busier before they slow down. I have a program to write today and 2 major production issues when I get back on Monday. At least I am not bored.

Have a good weigh in and weekend all.
Old 05-16-2001, 10:05 AM   #9  

Tina - No Pudge Brownies are available at Trader Joe's. They are terrific! And even better, someone on the other boards came up with a way to make them one at a time, which is good, because it's VERY hard not to eat the entire pan. And even at only 2 points each, that's still a 30 point pan of brownies!

Loodie - have a great vacation!

I'm pretty proud of myself. Figured out how to fix my lawnmower all by myself. I stored it last year with gas in it before I had my surgery, and apparently it won't start with old gas. So I had to dump out the old gas, put new in, change the spark plug (had to figure out what a spark plug WAS first!), refresh the oil, and voila! I could mow the forest I had on my lawn (it was sooooooooooo long!). That was my accomplishment yesterday Didn't hurt that I earned 3 points, either!

Hope the rain stops -- we're supposed to be golfing after work today. There's another couple of activity points!

Laura~
Old 05-16-2001, 03:18 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
Linda is gone on vacation before I could wish her a great one!

Laura, I let you come fix whatever I need done. LOL Congrats on mowing your "forest."

It was a busy morning for me. I'm home now and hungry. I'll get to work so I don't hear my tummy.---no, I have a sandwich waiting for me.
I'm making curtains for the sunroom. I have this very large sheet.......need I say more.

Everyone have a great day.

Tina
Old 05-16-2001, 09:39 PM   #11  

This weekend is our big (?) festival here in town. They are already closing off streets in town and putting up rides, etc. I have to take a detour around town just to get to school and back home.

Our last day of school is May 31. I had a note in my mailbox today when I returned from a field trip that I am getting a new student tomorrow. I couldn't believe it. 10 days of school left, quite unusual around here for new students.

I did pretty good on food today. Did oodles of walking on our field trip. My class was very well behaved compared to other schools that were there for the day. I couldn't believe some of the groups. There was one class of third or fourth graders, about 20 students, 6 chaperones. They were awful!!!! I had 18 students with me today, no adult except me. We had many compliments from people that worked at the park. Made the kids very proud of themselves!!!

I weighed this morning. Up a couple of pounds. Need to get back into the routine. I don't know why I don't just DO IT!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 03:15 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday.

Tammy, it sounds like you have trained your students to be well-behaved. Good for you!

What's happening this weekend? I know that Linda is out of town. Jules is having a birthday.
Happy Birthday, Jules!

Our party is tomorrow night. It's weird how something has to jolt you into remodeling. It could've been another year before we redid the 2 rooms if not for this thing tomorrow night.
We expect 20 people in our little house. It'll be fun.
I need to go dig out the WW Pineapple Cake recipe and start baking this afternoon. I'll bake a couple of cakes. One will serve 12.

Hope all are well. Post when you can.
Tina
Old 05-20-2001, 12:26 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Something very weird just happened. When I logged on to the top of the forum, it said, "Welcome Back, MamaJ."
There's a glitch in the program somewhere.

I hope everyone has had a great Saturday.
I'm out of control, friends. Remember I said I was going to make the WW Pineapple Cake?
I did. I just can't resist that thing. I've had 3 pieces today. It's like chocolate chip cookie dough. I can't make it.
My party went great. Not as many showed up as planned, but, it was good anyway.

Take it easy and have a good Sunday!

Tina
Old 05-20-2001, 11:57 AM   #14  

Tina Maybe they're trying to tell you something,hahaha. Nust be a glitch. Anyway I wanted to get back to you about what I do. I work for a company that provides terminals and all aspects of software (terminal, host, GUI, Database) to the state lotteries. Not all fifty states but I know we do handle states like WV, IN, PA, DE, MN, MD, SD, FL, we also handle some international countries like Vietnam, the Leeward Islands, Norway, and Shanghai China. What I do there is test all of the software to make sure it functions correctly. If not I inform the proper development team, they fix it and give it back to me to test. Once all is functioning correctly, I say ship it to the jurisdiction and it is reviewed by the lottery and then finally put into production. The jurisdictions that I analyze are Norway, and Shanghai. I have worked only on international lotteries. I was sent to Norway last August, wow was it beautiful. It was my first time to Europe. I have not yet visited China, although it is a possibility that I will be travelling there shortly. I have a feeling that I'll be back in Norway within a few months. So that's what I do. I've been doing this for a ywear now and enjoy it, though my real love is for fashion and I am planning on starting some classes at the Fashion Institute of Technology since it's only about 20 min. away in Manhatten. I live right in the Meadowlands of New Jersey. If the trees weren't in the way, I could see the Empire State Building from my front porch. I'd rather have the trees though.
So your party went well, huh? I haven't heard of the pineapple cake, what's it like? Must be good. I ate 2 pudding snacks with lite coolwhip. Yikes, not starting off a good day, BUT I will be good for the rest of the day and week. I wanted to get out to the gym, but I am not feeling to good. I have to go to the Dr. on Tuesday, there's a possibility that I have Endometriosis. UGH, what else could happen. In March, I found out I have Epstein Barr, I tell you, you hit 25 and it all goes down hill. Well, if I do have Endo, I'll be glad to get it taken care of, I would like to start having children now (yes, along with going to school and opening a boutique) I just hope it's not too late. I couldn't imagine not being able to have children. I know I am meant to be a mother. God already told me he's going to take care of things though, so I'm leaving it in his hands.

Next Topic: I went dress shopping yesterday. UGHHHH! Nothing looked good. There must be something going on with the sizes. There is no way I have lost 9 lbs. fit great in all of my 14s and the 16s and 14s in the stores look terrible. There was 1 14 I couldn't get over my hips. It made me even more eager to go to the gym. I didn't go, but I really wanted to. I am going to the gym about 5 days a week so if I take off on Sat and Sun, no big deal right? Well enough chatting for me.

Take care and good luck this week. I hope you are all losers come next Thursday.

Christa
"Go as far as you can see, when you get there you'll see further."
Old 05-20-2001, 09:35 PM   #15  

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH, I think I need to make that pineapple angel food cake again sometime soon too. It is always a hit. In fact, I am going to a "reunion" of my Emmaus Weekend on Tuesday evening. We are supposed to have a carry-in. That sounds like something yummy to take!!

I'll either make that or make spice cake muffins with pumpkin. Love that too, and it is good for you. Well, maybe not good for you, but better than other things. I don't know if I ever shared the recipe or not. Take a spice cake mix (or chocolate works too). Add a can of pumpkin (15 ounces?). Mix together, add water to make it a nice consistency( I usually use the pumpkin can and fill it with water, don't use more than a can), bake according to cupcake directions. No eggs, no oil, no anything else. Just the mix, pumpkin, and water.

8 days of school left. I worked in my classroom on Saturday for about 2 1/2 hours. I'm pitching things, going through things to give to the kids, working on grades, writing out certificates for the awards assembly on the last day of school. Tim was with me and he got quite a bit of "busy work" done for me. I know I'll have many of the students who will want to help, and I will gladly let them!

Next year I will have a hearing-impaired boy in my classroom. His interpretor (sp?) will be with him every day. I need to rethink how I have my room set up. She will be bringing her own desk and lots of her own things. I want to make sure that she has enough room. I want to make her feel wanted. I'm nervous about having the little guy. I'm afraid that I won't be able to teach him Science and Social Studies. From what they've told me, he is top notch in math, so that doesn't concern me. He'll have my team teacher for all of the Language Arts subjects every morning. I know she is concerned also. I just hope I don't ruin this little guy for life!!!

I need to get my priorities together. You guys are all doing so great working the program. I haven't opened my Weight Watchers materials in ages. Not sure if I want to start attending meetings again, or just refocus myself by going back through the material and giving it a shot again. I know HOW to do it, it's just DOING IT!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Closed Thread