Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2001, 11:59 PM   #16  
Thursday Team

Sounds like your party went well Tina, and that pineapple dessert sounds yummy. I dont bake or cook much.... but hey I love pineapples straight from the can. Actually I do get imaginative with them and put em in a bowl

WOW you have an interesting job Christa, I'd love to have a job that sent me places for business. Your doing great at the gym! Those size 14's from the store will soon be waaaay too big for you

Join the club Tammy...I haven't looked at my WW material much in ages, I did write down what I ate for 2 days in a row(Tue/Wed) but never got around to figuring the points. I've been toying with the idea of rejoining WW again. Like you I know the program and should be able to do it at home, but something just isn't clicking and Im not doing it.

I need to get motived again and loose this weight. I have a chance to go on a cruise in several months, that should give me some motivation huh? I think one problem is....I wanted to be at goal weight before my next birthday (Ive been at it this time for nearly 2 years) and I'm no where's close to goal, I think that is keeping me from trying. But I need to try I know.

Well Im tired, as I've done the "go to graduation" thingy this weekend, and Im wore out. Out of 2 graduations... I only had 1 piece of cake, I thought about having more, but said no.....thats an accomplishment for me!!

Well have a great week everyone!
Dee
Old 05-21-2001, 09:36 AM   #17  

Well, here it is Monday again. It's supposed to rain all week. yippee.

Tina, glad your party went well. I've never tried that pineapple cake. I'm usually not terribly fond of pineapple, but this one must be good, huh?!

Christa, that sounds like an interesting job. I've never been to Norway or China, but I lived in Italy for a year a while back, and loved it. I'm going back this summer -- can't wait!! As for the shopping, I don't understand stores either. Seems like every manufacturer has a different rule of thumb for sizing. My size can vary tremendously, depending on the store, the make, the style. VERY frustrating!!

Tammy, the countdown continues, huh?! I'm sure you're excited to have the end of the year finally here. It will definitely be a challenge with your new student next year -- hopefully an interesting one, and a learning experience for your whole class.

Dee, I've done the same thing re: counting down to birthdays and other milestones. I've basically failed at all of them (I was VERY optimistic when I first started this!!), but I just continue to revise my targets and do my best. You know you can do this, and when you're ready to do it, you will!! (Me, too, I hope <g>)

I have meetings all day, which is about my least favorite way to spend a day at work. I suppose I better go get ready for them!

Laura~
Old 05-21-2001, 10:40 AM   #18  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

I am back from the graduation weekend. Things went fairly well, all things considered. We had a couple kind of minor glitches with the motorhome--speedometer & odometer stopped working, the freezer door won't stay shut, the door won't lock, lost the door from the outside storage compartment, my daughter's car started acting up and needs a new alternator. It was a fun weekend though.

Congrats to all who weighed in last week. I think that was the hardest thing for me when I actually went to WW mtgs.--weighing, gaining or staying the same and being told I needed to be more careful about what I eat, OR losing and just hearing "good". I really like following the WW plan and weighing at home. I do weigh most mornings and when I am up a little, I just remember to drink all my water and not use as much salt. I think I did okay this weekend--eating from the motorhome was much easier than eating out.

It looks to be another busy week--I have several meetings scheduled and some massive programming to get done. Just wanted to let everyone know I made it back.

I know I was gone for awhile, but I have a dumb question to ask. Why is there one thread for chatting and another for weighing for Thursday? Just curious.

Have a good week all.
Old 05-21-2001, 04:37 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday (or is that the wrong thing to say )

Linda, to answer your question---We Thursday people were talking soooo much (a good thing) that it seemed that we needed one thread just for weigh in results (and a little chatter) and another mainly for talking about everything. It has worked out great.
It sounds like your trip was an adventure. I'm sorry your daughter had alternator trouble. My husband has put several on the cars we've owned over time.

Tammy, I'm sure next year will all work out all right. And, just a few more days until summer. Yeah

Dee, just one piece of cake----that's what I call will power.

Laura, the cake I made isn't too pineapply (I think I just made up a word.). You take a Betty Crocker Sweet Rewards yellow cake, add 5 egg whites or egg substitute, 1 Tbsp. sugar, and 1 large can of crushed pineapple. Mix. Put in sprayed long pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cut in 12 pieces. 3 points
It makes very large pieces.

Christa, thank you for telling me about your work. Norway and China are very different places that I've never seen. You are lucky to travel there.

Susan, I guess your school is almost over, too. Yeah!!!!

Kimmy-jo, Sis, Addey, others-----let us hear from you.

This is a long post.
Good news--my husband is going back to WW starting tomorrow night. He's gained all the 100 lbs. back and more! This will make me be better.

Take it easy,
Tina
Old 05-21-2001, 09:34 PM   #20  
Susan

Hi Guys,

Well it is that final week of school. Can't believe that it is here already!!!! We have to work 6 extra hours during the week, so we don't have to go in Saturday. It is making a long week.

Tammy, my degree is in deaf ed. I'll be more than happy to help you. Just email me. The student needs to sit in the front of the class close to where you will be teaching. The interpreter will also need to sit in the front of the student. Hearing impaired students learn best by hands on. Deaf ed is my TRUE LOVE. I taught a self-contained deaf ed class for 7 years and now, I'm doing special ed (my district isn't big enough for our own program)

Tina, I'm counting down the days, then I'm going to San Antonio for a couple of days.

Sorry if I didn't respond to everyone. I'm really tired and am having a hard time staying focused. I had company this weekend and then didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time last night.

I need to get serious about the program again. It seems like I'm slacking off a little. I'm not doing too bad but could do much better. I'm thinking of getting a scale for home to see if that helps. What do ya'll think?

Hope you have a great week!!

Susan
Old 05-22-2001, 04:19 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
It's a beautiful day here in South Texas. I'm not sure of the temp but it's not more than 79 degrees. It's divine!!

This afternoon I'm making up some healthy menus. Since my husband is starting WW again tonight, I must get back in the groove myself.

Susan, I know you are happy about school getting out. It's very interesting that you used to teach the deaf. That takes a special person. About buying a scale........I'm not for it. I have one, of course, and get on it way too often. It's better to wait until the meeting. It's so easy to get discouraged taking your weight each day. We go up and down so easily.

Got to go wash some clothes. It's my day off but the other person asked me to sub for him this morning. He will let me choose some time off for him to work, in the future. I wasn't too thrilled at first with the idea. But, I did get some extra work done.

Tina
Old 05-22-2001, 09:22 PM   #22  
Susan

It a beautiful day here too! I'm can't believe in another month it will be 100 degrees. That is if we are lucky and it waits that long.

Tina, I thanks! I can't think of anything I would rather do than teach especially kids with disablities of any kind. They always amaze me. I say I'm excited about the last day of school but I get real emotional with my 8th graders that are moving to the high school. It is just as hard for them too!!!

Thanks for the scale advise. That's what I think too but wonder if I had one if it would help keep me motivated.

Where is everyone?

Susan
Old 05-22-2001, 09:49 PM   #23  
Cute & Cudley

Hi all! Well it has rained here all day and is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. This is putting a damper on my exercise. I was off today and will be off tomorrow - but not by choice. The baby is sick. He has a 103.6 fever. Took him to the doctor they ruled out ear infection - said it is probably a virus of some sort and that the fever could last 4-5 days. I really hope not because I do not want to have to take another day off. DH would take a day off but can't due to having to go out of town on business tommorrow. Oh well - it will be a short week for me. Next week will be short also with Memorial day and then I have a personal day on Fri. because we are going to a wedding in Wisconsin. Hopefully baby will feel better soon. It is so sad when you can't do anything to make them feel better.

I am so jealous of you guys that are getting out of school this week. Our last day isn't until Jun 22!!!! You are so lucky.

Tammy - I am sure that next year will be a cinch with the deaf student. I have had three deaf students in my class over the last couple of year. The teacher of the deaf came in a certain amount of hours each week, but the rest of the time I was on my own. It worked out fine. I am sure it will for you also.

Auntie - I have a scale and weigh myself almost everyday. I don't see it as a bad thing. I think it really helps me. It keeps me motivated, because if the needle is going in the wrong direction, I know I need to really be good and do extra exercise. I don't obsess about it though - I know you have to take into account water weight etc. But I find it very helpful to keep me on track. Maybe you should get one and try it for a month or two and then if its making you discouraged or obsessed get rid of it, if its helping - keep it. I think being able to weigh at home really helped me in my weight loss journey. You have to try different things and see what works for YOU!

Hope everyone is doing great! Keep drinking your water and get out there and exercise!
Old 05-22-2001, 10:05 PM   #24  
Susan

Kimmy,

Thanks for the advice on the scale. That sounds like a good idea! I was hoping that it motivated someone.

Sorry about the baby. Hopefully he will be sick just a day or so. I know that it is miserable when you can't do anything to make them feel better.

Sorry you don't get out until June 22. That isn't that far away, however it is a bummer when you know people that are getting out earlier. I loved my deaf kids. I don't know if I said earlier but teaching deaf ed is my TRUE LOVE.

Susan
Old 05-24-2001, 09:35 PM   #25  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

I'm not weighing in tonight. I hope everyone had a good weigh in and a big loss. With the end of school, blah blah blah..... I thought I would weigh in next week. I plan on being really good on the program so hopefully I'll have a loss.

I plan on returning to school, at least 15 pounds lighter. Tomorrow is the last day. It already started..... the tears! I'm the only teacher I know who absolutly hates to tell her kids goodbye!!! I'm like their mom to some..... and they call me Momma. I love it and so do they. I got a note from one today that said "I love you." It will be hard to see them go off to high school but they have to grow up.

Good night!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:44 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Susan, I hope you have a good day tomorrow at school.

Your students sound like neat kids.

Boy was today busy at work. I'm ready for a 3-day weekend--how about everyone else?

Tina
Old 05-24-2001, 09:58 PM   #27  

My weight is still the same as it's been. I go back and forth the same two pounds it seems like. I too tend to get weighed too often. Sometimes it is every day.

Dee, a cruise sounds like a wonderful incentive! One of my 2nd graders went on one not long ago. He is still talking about it.

Laura, I know what you mean about revising your targets for weight loss. I wanted to hit 20 pounds by the end of the school year. I have until May 31 and I don't think I'll make it. I am at 15 right now. Not very positive thinking, is it?

Loodie, I had to chuckle at your expense. The motorhome problems sound like things that happen to Bob and I!!
Our neighbors just purchased a new motorhome. It is huge! Their old one was a little bit smaller and wasn't very old. I'm not sure why they bought the new one, but I know that it cost alot more than our house did. Can't imagine!

Tina, I think that since you are doing healthy menus for your hubby, you should just come to all of our houses and cook for all of us too!!!! Anyone agree with this idea????

Susan, thanks for your offer of support for my student next year! I may take you up on it!! The woman that is the interpreter is an awesome person, and I know that she and I will get along great. We had a meeting this week with the mother, a special ed. person from the county, and a woman from the School for the Deaf (Janell). Janell will be spending one day a week with Deb and I for the first couple of months of school. She seems very intelligent and concerned about Dustin. Not so sure about the mom.

Like you, I always cry on the last day of school. I am a very emotional person. This year will be extra tough. My aunt (my mom's sister) has been given a week to live. She has cancer and has gone downhill so fast. She and my mom were very close, and her daughter Chris and I are good friends as well as cousins. Chris is an only child, so I have been trying to be there to help out when I can. Aunt Doris still knew us yesterday, but today she didn't.

KimmyJo, how is the baby? Hopefully things are back to normal now. Tim is 13 and I still get really nervous when he is sick.

I guess this is long enough! Maybe once school is out, I'll be able to keep up better on the posts!!
Old 05-25-2001, 11:38 AM   #28  

Susan, I'll throw my 2 cents in here about a scale. I'm in the same boat as Kimmy. I not only weigh myself every day, but I chart it using Weight Commander (found a link to it on Dottis' site). I realize that I fluctuate daily, but charting it helps show me trends, pinpoints certain days of the week to be careful of (always Friday for me, since on Thursdays after weigh-in I have a good lunch and then treat myself to a nice dinner <g>), shows how much I've lost over the last week, month, 6 months, etc. I'm way too analytical not to have that at my fingertips

But, as you've heard, everyone is different, so I'm sure you'll find what works for you!

Laura~
Old 05-25-2001, 02:05 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I am so sorry about your aunt. You know that I'm thinking about you.

I am afraid that the new guy secretary that works with me is going to qiut. He feels overwhelmed. He's kept his own business on the side. He does water message theraphy. It sounds interesting.
Anyway, he's complaining that the new minister never talks to him and leaves soon after I leave every day. I was told that David (secretary) would have equal responsibilities even though he'd have to learn everything.
Evidently the new minister thinks differently.
I don't know what would happen to me if David left. I'd have double the work and hours. Yuk---what a horrible thought. I'll have to quit thinking for the weekend.

It is a nice day here. I hope the weather stays this way all holiday weekend.

Tina
Old 05-26-2001, 12:36 PM   #30  
Thursday Team

Just popped online to read messages, and since I dont have anything pressing to do right now, decided to post. My daughter is being entertained by one of her uncles for a little bit and I was looking for a babysitter for the weekend. Mine had to go out of town unexpectedly and I work all weekend (which is normal) also have to work on Mon...boo hiss...LOL. But hey its holiday pay for me!!

Tina, if the new secretary quits wouldnt they hire a replacement? Or just let you do double work? Maybe he needs to try and talk to the new minister and see if there is a problem or not. It could just be coincidental that the minister leaves early.

That water massage stuff sounds interesting, I went the other day and had a full body massage...ahhh heavenly....never had one before. I'm planning a vacation for the end of the year...a cruise. It seems like its too early to do that, but I guess not. Will go to Cancun/Cozemul...isnt that where you went Tina? Any ideas what to do there?

Tammy sorry to hear about your aunt, my thoughts are with you.

Susan, did you get the scale? I hope it helps with motivation. Your goal of 15# lighter by next school sounds reasonable. I'm guessing your out for about 3 months? We are around here.

Well I should quit babbling and send this. Have a great holiday weekend everyone....
Dee
Closed Thread