Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #61  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Kim
Great loss ! You're doing an excellent job. I no longer eat at my 'puter desk, it's too easy to mindlessly munch. I've been eating every meal at the kitchen table.

Susan,
The ice skating is certainly a great form of exercise! Good for you

Terri,
Welcome home! Sounds like you had a good visit in spite of the very seasonal weather. I was worried when we didn't hear from you....you'll never be able to leave this place! Sorry to hear the flu has hit your family, it's not fun. This year I got a flu shot for the first time ever. It was free at work and I'm now in the at risk group since I'm over 50

Dianne,
That grandson sounds too precious! What a quick wit, and deep thinker. You're doing so well with the exercise! Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever loss you post on Sunday.

Es,
Have a good visit with David. I know what that non-exercise rut feels like. It's not like you, however, to not be working out. Anything wrong?

We're in a cold snap here...it was only 6 degrees this morning, with a wind chill of -12 Now that the sun has gone down, it seems even colder.

Have a great weekend, everyone. We'll have the boys here overnight tomorrow, after an evening of games at Joey's place with them I can't wait, naturally!

~Jen
p.s....good luck to your Steelers, Terri, and the Pats, Sandy! I personally am rooting for Indianapolis, cause of Peyton Manning !

Old 01-14-2005, 08:32 PM   #62  

Hi all,
You put me to shame with all the workouts. I can't make it to curves because they don't stay open late enough. Most nights I don't exercise until 8:00 and some I don't get to because too many of the kids need help with homework. Did I mention I'm a teacher and commute 45 min. to work? All the kids go with me and attend school in the district where I teach. I leave at approx. 7:10 in the morning and get home between 5 and 6 in the evening. One child is ADHD and sometimes needs a lot of me sitting beside him and saying get it done. I thought I was doing wonderful walking the dog 4-6 nights and ice skating. Did I mention the dog is an English Setter and hyped? She doesn't know the word walk, it's more of a trot. I am very interested in the WW video, Diane. I guess you can only get it going to meetings. I hear they have changed the way that works. Used to be lifetimers could just weigh in and pay the price of the meeting. What other videos are out there? Any suggestions??

Susan

Last edited by icemomma; 01-14-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #63  
Phil 4:8

hi,
i'm a newbie and i mean new. i am 52 and 300lbs. i have fibromyalgia and diebeties an long with some other health issue. i have not figured all the ins and outs of TFC. i'm looking for a buddy. my blood sugars are way out of control. i said that's it and i started my journey this week 1/10/05. you will have to let me know if this is an old thread or new. i haven't figured that out just yet. i can give encouragement, ask quetions, pray. what ever you need. have a great evening and hope your new year is going well.
kind regards
love2
Old 01-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #64  

Hi Craftymom,

Welcome,

You would be amazed at how following a reasonable diet will put the blood sugars in control. I have found by watching what I eat and following a plan that I feel much better. Good luck with the endeavor. Sometimes I believe in the AA saying, "take it one day at a time!!" Oh and I believe this is a pretty new thread. I'm Susan and 43 for a few more months. I weigh 160 (I'm only 4'11"). I have been skinny before, but dealing with the deaths of my mom, grandmother (within 15 months of my mom), new boss, the new work site, I have just begun to become unstressed enough to change lifestyle again. (Trying to take the time to count what goes in my mouth).

Susan
Old 01-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #65  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Welcome to our group Craftymom. Prayer always works. I'm 50 years old. Been married for 24 years to a great man named Pete. I have a 33 year old son, David. I have 2 dogs that are my kids, Sammy a Pug, & Susie a chihuahua. I'm a legal secretary & have been a weight watcher practically all my life. Trying to lose weight has always been a challenge. Working out is what has helped me so I've maintained but have become quite lazy lately. I'm back on track. I have to lose 30 lbs. Pete is a diabetic & my sugar is borderline so I have to watch my carbs. If you lose 10% of your weight your sugar will come down.

Susan, I take One Day at a Time. If I look at the big picture I'll throw in the towel. We're going to do this right? I have an extra DVD. If you want me to mail it to you let me know. I'll send you my email in a private message.

Jen, about working out - it seems since I started working full-time I don't have enough time. I know it sounds like an excuse but weekends is the only time I have with Pete since he's been on the night shift. I have to find a way to at least get 3 days in. I have to cause if not my weight lose will be super slow. But thanks for asking my friend.

Terri, I hope you & the fam are feeling better. Sending a big hug to all of you & REAL BIG hug to Brit.

Amiga, I have a pilates DVD. Holly molly I tried it & was sore for days! You wouldn't think because it was pretty easy. I was sore especially around my abs. It was PILATES FOR DUMMIES! It felt great.

Well, let me start straightening up around here.

Have a great day everybody.

Hugs to all,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-15-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #66  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Craftymom and welcome!
We are actually an "old" group/thread...been here since 1999. It's great to see new faces and gain motivation by reading your messages.
I can identify with the issue of weight affecting our health. Lately, with being the highest weight I've ever been, I've been having knee problems. I know it's due to being out of shape and carrying this weight around.
With the new year brings a new resolve to take better care of myself.
I wish you luck and strength.

For all the newbies....I'm 51, married to Joe for 33 years; we have one daughter,30, who's married, with two boys, 9 and 4 and one son, 26, who's single. Born and raised in Chicago, now live in burb NW of the city. I love to garden, swim, read, and mainly enjoy times at home with my family. After working retail for 24 years, I took almost 4 years off and loved being at home. I took a job last year in a neighboring town, working as a customer service rep. in their village hall. I love the job and am shocked to find it's almost a year already that I've been there.
I am the couch potato of this group! Hate to exercise, but am forcing myself to walk on a daily basis.
As you can see by my weight tracker in my signature, I've got lots to lose....but no matter how much we need to lose, we still lose it the same way, one pound at a time. I can't let myself despair over where I'm at, but rather look at where I'm headed.

Susan,
Your days are full! I think it's great that you find the time to skate and get those walks in with the dog. Any bit helps, you shouldn't sell yourself short.

HI to all,
~Jen
Old 01-15-2005, 02:29 PM   #67  

Jen,
Peyton Manning is evil. Just kidding.

Susan,
The WW DVD is great. I like the high intensity. It seems easier than the moderate. I am a lifer. Normally our meetings are $11 and I could go in anytime and weigh but I signed a paper stating that if I am 2 pounds above goal I have to pay $8.50 a meeting and pay for any missed meetings. That is until I get back within 2 pounds.

Craftymom,
Good luck. 10% will definitely help. Take it 5 lbs. at a time. We are here for you.

Es,
What is Pilates exactly?
Britts says hi. She took her youngest brother out to a movie and dinner. The other boy is staying and watching the Steelers.

We are ordering pizza for the game. I have allotted 2 pieces for myself.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 01-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #68  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
As I write this, the Steelers are tied with NY. I really do hope the Steelers win it, I think they deserve it. As for my Bears..... hope springs eternal! lol

Es,
You're right about working the full time hours. It's a huge chunk of our time, no, our lives, isn't it? I really like my job, but am still wanting to be at home, but then again, doesn't everyone? My hours change each month; this month I'm on the 8 to 4 shift, which makes it a bit easier to do things, since I'm home by 4:25. I'm glad I work closer to home now, used to be a 20 mile drive, now it's only 6

We're off to Joey's for the evening. Haven't seen the boys since, I think, Christmas. Am attaching a photo of them from then.

later,
~Jen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brandon and Matthew 2004_gif size.jpg (40.3 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-15-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #69  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Jen, the boys are so cute. I work the 8 to 4 shift. I get home around 4:20 but then I cook. By the time I'm done I don't have much time to do anything. Oh well Gotta do the best we can. Have fun with the boys.

Terri, pilates is just like yoga. Lots of stretching. It's very popular now. They have classes in all the gyms. I decided to buy a video since I'm a beginner.

Have a good night my friends.

Hugs,
Es
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 PM   #70  

Hi Everyone,

Wow, we are growing in numbers! More friends and more support. This is our year!
Welcome Craftymom, we are a great place to build friendships and give and get support. Check in every day or even a few times a day. Getting started and changing a lifetime of habits is a lot of work, and we are all in the same boat, but perhaps in different places on our journeys. I am also 52, married for 28 years and have 2 sons, Dave who is 23 and Greg who is almost 18. Both of them live at home right now, but transitions are coming.

I was disappointed in my results at the scale this week. I lost 1 lb. and was hoping for more with all that exercise. I think tomorrow I will go off to the market for the zero-pt soup ingredients and some Lean Cuisines. I think that the core plan is great, but that I am probably too kind to myself portionwise.
The only reason that I have the time to exercise right now is because I am between work assignments. I will probably be busy again starting mid February.
Jen, by the way my knees are terrible, I feel better using a stationary bike instead of the treadmill. I am ever hopeful that some weightloss will help.
Terri, what a game!!!
We are into our winter schedule. Greg is rehearsing for 2 plays at once. One is for the Massachusetts Drama Guild competition and the other is the high school spring musical. Mike and I are on the parental crew. He is helping to build the sets and I am working with the costumers, "The Sew and Sews." I am really happy to be involved again, especially after how last year went.

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 01-16-2005, 09:29 AM   #71  

Jen,
Cute boys!!! Just wait until they get to the preteen and teen years!!! I always have girls showing up at my door, calling for Matt or Danny, and I even found one this summer hiding behind a bush in front of my house. Girls are very forward. I even had a grown woman tell me how handsome my boys are. Their friend's moms even just love them. Just wait, your day will come.

To ALL:
Sounds like everyone is just as crunched for time as I am. Trying to find time to fit exercise in. Have a good Sunday!!!!!

Susan
Old 01-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #72  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Buddies

I'm so happy to be off. It's snowing. It looks so pretty. I have to go food shopping but I'll wait till this afternoon.

Susan, I'm going to exercise, Thusday, Friday & Sunday. If I can squeeze in an extra day it'll be a plus.

Sandy, our group has grown. We lost a few. It's been awhile since we heard from Zoe, Ruth & Linda.

If you're reading this girls please stop in & let us know how you're doing.

Till later

Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-17-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #73  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi buddies,

Sandy, you sound just like me - I too was disappointed with my wi yesterday - I lost 1 lb. and expected more because I exercised 5 days out of 7. But as I have experienced in the past, sometimes, the payoff in weight loss does'nt show up until the following week. I think I was mainly disappointed because I was .4 away from the 5 lbs . loss and the red ribbon But a pound is a pound is a pound and I'm now down 4.6 lbs. so I'm really okay with that. I'm sure I'll get my ribbon next week.

Crafts - Welcome to our group - you'll like it here. Lots of encouragement and support.

Jen - the boys are so cute and I can't believe how much they've grown. Very handsome guys!

Es - cool that you're committing to exercise those 3 days and maybe more if possible. What I've been doing with the ww is committing myself to something each week. Like the first week committed myself to tracking (since I hate it) and so I made sure I tracked the whole week. Last week it was exercising, now this week I'm committing to both. Alana's doing it with me also - I got her a book and some trackers. She leaves this Sunday coming so she'll have the materials with her and can do it on her own.

She was supposed to leave yesterday to visit with her brother in Florida but when we got to the airport, she had a panic attack and didn't want to get on the plane by herself. She felt terrible about disappointing Steven, but we told her it was okay, she had to go with her feelings. I felt so bad for her - we tried to calm her fears, but then I thought about, God forbid something happens and she didn't want to go and we talked her into it That would be terrible. Her relief when we canceled the flight was so obvious.

Well, can't stay long - I'm babysitting "the Jess" She's my sweetie! Last week at dinner, she told Alana they forgot to say a prayer, so Alana told her to go ahead and say it. So she God Blessed her parents, siblings, etc. and then she said "God Bless the furniture and the windows" Alana cracked up laughing and then Jess got embarrassed. She is too cute!

Hi to Terri, Susan, Kim, Tina, Janie, Ruthie and ZoeGirl. Have a great Monday everyone! Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...eer/lb/0/25/4/

Last edited by dpadro; 01-18-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:09 PM   #74  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Village hall was closed for the holiday today but we still worked..staff meetings, TONS of food, cleaning out files, rearranging our office, etc. It was a productive day, and I got out early at 3 p.m., which was nice.

Everyone is doing very well with their re-commitment and exercising. Keep up the good work!

~Jen

Old 01-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #75  

Hi girls and hello to all the newbies!

I'm a long time member of this forum, but I seem to go awol several times a year. This is a great bunch of ladies and they give wonderful moral support.

As you all may remember, my father was diagnosed with cancer in late October, he is still with us, but this is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with. The cancer seems to be reducing in size, but daddy seems to have one complication after another. He refuses to move in with me and he went to a nursing home, but that didn't work out. So now he is living by himself at his old house. He ignors problems, then ends back up in the hospital.

Between getting older, being overweight and going through the stress of my father's illness, I have high blood pressure (I call it the family curse). Anyway, sorry to come in and rant, I just needed a sounding board.

I hope you are all doing well, I need to catch up on what is going on with everybody.

Happy New Year!
Ruth

checking to see if signature took

Last edited by short & sassy; 01-18-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Closed Thread