Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #31  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hello

Sandy, I'm so happy Greg is doing better. I told Pete if I mess up he'll have to go bald. It came out good. He's very happy. He said I saved him $15. Now David wants me to cut his! I told him Essie's Barbershop is closed on Sundays.

Be back later. I have to feed the kids. You all know by now my kids are Sammy & Susie.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:38 AM   #32  
NeverGiveUp

Talking

Hi Buds,

I sent some of you the Discovery Health Challenge. It's been all over the TV. It's something like what we're doing.

I'm feeling better. My ears are clogged & my glands are a little swollen(sore throat) but each day I feel better.

I'm teaching Pete how to cook. This is something he's been wanting to do. Yesterday he mades chicken with vegetables in the Wok. It was so good. This morning he asked me what do I want for dinner He's really into it.

How do I put my weight tracker in my posts?

I'll be back this evening.

Have a nice day!

Love,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 01-09-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #33  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
To get the weight tracker bar added to your posts, under "User CP" go to "edit signature" and it will walk you through it.
That's cool about Pete learning to cook! I used to give the guys their haircuts for years. Now Joe goes to BoRics and gets a cleaner job than I could do, as I never had a clippers, just used a scissors. Plus he's in and out in no time.
Thanks for the link to the Discovery challenge. There's a lot of good reading and info there. Every bit helps.

Sandy,
I think you did a very good job over the holidays, that's not too bad of a gain. Your outlook makes so much sense, it's something we should all strive for.
Glad to hear Greg is making progress. How great that he's involved in another production.

Am coming back to edit this, since I just got off the scale. In addition to cutting down and being more aware of what I eat, that shovelling paid off, as I'm down 3 lbs. for this first week. My goal for the Valentine's Day Challenge is to post 15 hours on the treadmill. That's a minimum of 1/2 hour each day, and hopefully will help jump start me into a regular exercise routine.

Hi to everyone!

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 01-09-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #34  

Hi ,
I'm new to this board and after several days of looking I finally found you'all. My name is Susan and I'm 43 years old and approx. 43 pounds overweight. Done the ww things several times and was successful. Would really like to try the old freedom plan where you ate so many servings. I did the points thing back in 98 and made lifetime.I have 2 sons aged 14 and 12 (testosterone poisoning has hit). They both play recreational ice hockey and they each play for their school team. A daughter aged 7 does ballet and is a figure skater. I figured if you can't beat 'em join 'em so I started skating about 3 years ago. My husband is 2 years younger and was a confirmed bachelor 'til he met me and the boys. He just sits back and weathers the crazies around here. Hope to start some kind of ww tomorrow, not sure which way to go. Any opinions about which program, freedom or points? Did the Atkins thing and that's just plain crazy. I don't feel it is as healthy either.

Hopefullly tomorrow will be successful.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #35  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Susan,
Good luck on your fresh start. WW is the only program my dr. recommends to her patients. I prefer to simply count points and stay within my range. I don't even remember what that plan is called I tend to muck things up a bit if given too many choices or too much freedom.

HI to everyone...Es,Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Ruth, Sandy, Janie, Linda, Kim, Tina....don't be a stranger, stop in and say hello!

Have a great Monday,
~Jen
Old 01-10-2005, 09:00 AM   #36  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning buddies:

Welcome Susan! I'm Dianne. You'll like it here - I've made some really good friends.

Just popping in to say I lost 3.6 lbs. my first week back to ww. very pleased with that since I know the first week is always the best. I feel that's a good start for me, anyway.

Jen on your loss!!! Great job.

Hi Es, Terri, Ruthie, Sandy, Kim, Tina (my, but we are a-growin'! - so cool).

Linda, Zoe, Janie - I miss you guys! Hope you're all well. Hope I didn't leave anyone out. I'll be back later to respond better to the posts.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 01-10-2005 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #37  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Test
Old 01-10-2005, 07:01 PM   #38  

Hey, I just noticed the signature weight tracker only lets you post in whole lbs. increments, so even though I lost 3.6, it reads 3 Oh, well, its still cute

See ya's later.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...lb/0/25.6/3.6/

Last edited by dpadro; 01-10-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #39  
Queen of the Fresh Start

WhoooHoooo, Dianne, and Es, great start!

have a meeting and have to run, just wanted to say keep it up!

~Jen
Old 01-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #40  

Hey Es, amiga - we were posting at the same time! Congrats on your 2 lb. loss, great job girl Too funny about Essie's barbershop being closed on Sunday You should start charging!

Hugs,
Dianne

Whoops and there goes Jen! The 3 of us were posting within mins. Thanks, Jen - you too girl!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...lb/0/25.6/3.6/

Last edited by dpadro; 01-10-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #41  
NeverGiveUp

Thumbs up

Amiga, I noticed we were posting at the same time. I've been trying to get this weight tracker for a while. Finally, I got it! Congrats to you too.

Thanks Jen.

Hasta manana

Love,
Es
Old 01-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #42  

My husband sits across the room from me eating ice cream!!!!!!!! Had a really good day. Got in most of my waters, ate fruit and veggies, proteins. The only junk today is the popcorn I'm getting ready to pop. Thanks for the welcome. Ice hockey game tonight, so proud I only had a coffee and not the rink fries. (they're just one of the temptations)

Susan
Old 01-11-2005, 04:57 AM   #43  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hello,

Susan, popcorn is OK. As long as it's at least 94% fat free. Don't look at your hubby when he's eating ice cream. Grab something to read. I always keep health & fitness magazines around. This month's People magazine has lots of successes & they are all Weight Watchers. Be strong.

Have to get ready for work.

Have a nice day

Es
Old 01-11-2005, 10:52 AM   #44  

Dianne, Es, and Jen, you all got such a great start. Weigh to go!

I am a little out of synch with you as my weigh in day is Fridays Wish me luck, I am using my treadmill everyday, but I think with all the cooking I do that I am not that great on portion control. If I am not pleased with my results this Friday, I think that I will try using Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones for lunches next week.

Welcome Susan, This is a great place for support and friendship. Make sure that you have treats that are special and in your plan, you don't want to feel deprived. It sounds as if you are doing an exchange plan instead of points. I used to have pretty good success with that, but right now I am trying to follow WW Core.

We miss you Terri, Ruth, Zoe, Janie and all our newbies, check in soon.
Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 01-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #45  

Es,
Popcorn is good, 100% hot air popped. The bread is my downfall and so I'll save as many as possible to eat in the evening when its the hardest. As for my hands, well, I've taken up crocheting again so I don't snack. I tend to snack when I read so I had to cut it out. I'm a read-a-holic. Is the People the January issue??? Sandy, thanks for the welcome. So far so good today.
Yeah!!!!!!

Susan
Closed Thread