Old 06-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #5

Hi everyone Just thought I would start a new thread since our #5 disappeared. No biggie, we'll just continue on.....
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:47 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default My miracle this week

Hello Friends ~

Some of you may know, back in February, I dropped my cell phone into water. Well, really, in the toilet.

After it dried out, it's been temperamental, only certain buttons working at certain times - when it feels like it. If it isn't working, I just SLAM it on my desk and it just might start working again – temporarily.

Also, the voice mail option does not work! I have had 10 voice mail messages in there since the "water event" but when I try to go to my voice mail, it says "Verizon wireless – your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again". WHAT? Excuse me? What do you mean, check my number? I'm dialing voice mail for Pete's Sake! So needless to say, I cannot get any of my voice mail messages. (So if you left me a voice mail between February and now, I didn't get it)

That is story #1

Story #2 - I'm driving to work on Wednesday - First of all, I only drive myself to work one day a week – Wednesday, since I go to the Chiropractor after work on Wednesdays. Usually, Greg and I drive together and we (well, HE) listens to ESPN on the radio. I don't have a choice. J Second, I almost never listen to the radio anymore. I used to listen to 94.9, our local Christian Contemporary station but now, I am usually listening to CD's – Casting Crowns is my newest and I cannot get enough of their music. So Wednesday, I'm driving myself to work that morning and for a change, for some strange reason, I have the radio on - listening to 94.9, KLTY. These 2 things in itself – driving myself to work and listening to the radio rather than CD's, is out of the "norm" for me.

I hear them say "register to have your electric bill paid". I listen and hear that KLTY is hosting a contest called "Lighten Your Load".

The winner(s) each week win their electric bill paid for one month during this hot summer season. So I get to work and while on my morning break, I remember what I heard and register. Day closes, the contest is now a distant memory, out of my thoughts.

Thursday, I'm on my break at 9:30 that morning and see that I have a missed call and a voice mail. YIKES! Voice mail?? I can't get my voice mail, remember? I look at the number that I missed and have absolutely no idea who it is. So I get online to MSN and do a reverse look up by phone number. Oh my gosh! The number belongs to KLTY, the radio station! Now what? I can't get my voice mail! So tell me, if I cannot get my voice mail messages, why did I try? I don't know……but guess what? I was able to get in and HEAR the message! "Hi Patti, this is Frank Reed from KLTY. I need you to call my voice mail and leave me a phone number where I can call you on Friday between 9 and 10 am". Wow! I call his number, leave him a message telling him that the phone number he called is a good number and also send him an email saying the same.

Friday morning – 9:20am, my cell phone rings. "Hello – " <heart pounding> "Hi Patti, this is Frank Reed from KLTY, how are you today……"….blah, blah, blah….. Woo Hoo! I won $300 for my electric bill!!!

My Miracle:

#1: I do not usually drive myself to work
#2: I do not usually listen to the radio
#3: My voice mail on my cell phone has not worked since February
#4: My voice mail has since stopped working again! (Thank you Jesus!)

So, this coming Monday, June 9th, at 7:20am, I will be on the radio, having WON this contest! That's right, ME!! I'll be on the radio, talking to the morning DJ, Frank Reed, and probably sounding goofy and silly.

Make sure you tune your radios to 94.9 KLTY this Monday morning, June 9th, before 7:20 am so that you can hear me win 300 bucks!

If you don't live locally, you can still hear it by going to www.klty.com and clicking on "Listen Live" and "Windows Media Player" at the top right.

This is truly a miracle! And now, I can't say that I never win anything!!
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies,

Wow, we lost some post, but as Zoe said onward we shall go. Hope everyone is having a great weekend...mine has gotten off to a slow start. I had planned on working out and cleaning, it's almost 11:00 am and all I've managed so far is one load of clothes, one load of dishes and 30 minutes of yoga! I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I think I finally crawled back in back at 7:00 am and slept until my daughter came home around 9:00 am. So as soon as I'm through posting, it will be time for me to get with the program!

Zoe, that is great and just goes to prove that miracles still do exist! All we have to do on our part is pay attention! If you are like me there are a lot of things to use an extra 300.00 for...like new clothes! I hope you have a good weigh in today.

Terri, Essie, Diane, and Jen...how are you guys? Hope to hear from you soon.

Jen, how is the Wii going? I have started losing again, and Ive lost an inch in my waist! Those yoga exercises are terrific...I really give the Wii credit for the recent losses.
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #4  

I'm back. The computer was so slow earlier, that I just got off the computer.

Since we lost our most recent post, I'll try to fill you in on my week:

Work: Annual evaluations were this week. I received a .50 raise with .50 more in 6 months if I don't blow it. My plans for securing the human resource may have just gone down the drain. I recently started taking classes so that I could get another degree in Human Resource. You see, we are on our 4th human resource administrator since I've been with the company. The current girl is not from Louisiana...her husband is military and I figured that when she eventually left, I might step into the position. Well...she just resigned effective in 10 days!! I doubt that I will be approached, but if history repeats itself I may still get a chance later on!

Weight Loss: Well I'm not sure how much I had posted and how much you read before we lost the post...but I've been walking on the treadmill and using he Wii Fit 4-5 days a week. In the two weeks since I've had it, I have lost aobut 3 lbs. This morning I weighed 166.4 I have also finally droped a few sizes. I have gone from a tight 18 to a comfortable 14-16. I am thrilled and real ly beleive that the Wii Fit is responsible. I invited my stepdaughter Misty over this afternoon. We created herMii and she worked out for 30 minutes. She was so surprised at how tough the exercises where. Now she wants one and we may get it for her birthday..

Well, I'm gonna watch some tv, take a nap...and then walk on the threadmill.

Last edited by short & sassy; 06-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #5  

Hey girls, it's so lonely in here...

Hope you all had a good weekend? Ill check in later.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ruth,

I didn't even know this thread was here. Jane told me about it and that you were over here. I didn't know you were a WW gal, guess I missed that or forgot it. I started back on Flex yesterday. Now that DH is past the surgery and recovering it seems that I my attitude has changed about my eating. I think I was really stressing out the last 10 months as we have struggled with this. I've been widowed twice and I think I had a fear of it happening again. Any way, I got up yesterday morning and it all fell in place for me. Which WW plan are you following?

Not a lot going on here since DH can't or doesn't want to go anywhere for the 1st two weeks post surgery. I don't blame him as he is having to where a cathater for 14 days (I wouldn't want to go anywhere either). So the plan is to go to the doctors office "only" for a couple of weeks. I will go to the store a couple of times by myself duing that time which will be good for me but strange because we go just about every where together.

Doesn't seem to be much going on this thread right now, probably because the site was down. I think it is great to find others doing the same thing and I look forward to meeting them. Better run.

You have a great day.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi, mind if I pop in?

Zoe - wow, that was really magic, you winning the electric bill prize! I wish someone would pay mine for a month or 2, lol. Especially since my home is all electric.

Ruth - a big yay for the raise! I was a HR director for several years, and liked it. Working in that field lets you help lots of people, and is so rewarding. You're doing so great on your weight loss.

Trish - when Neal was down with his back, I started doing all sorts of things that I don't normally do. Gotta say I was real happy when he was able to get back into the swing of things, lol. I'm so glad you're back OP. Bet you feel better already!

Well, I'm doing fine OP. I think I'm more active now, too, since I'm babysitting Mary's 3 girls full time. They keep me hopping, lol. Do any of you seem to take better care of yourself in general when you are OP?

Gotta run - have a good day!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #8  
a work in progress

Hello...I think I fit the criteria for this group: in my 40's, doing WW, I'm not fit, but I'm FAB!!! LOL

Well, not feeling super fab right now, but I just love that dancing broccoli These guys too:

Wow, that looks like some kinda weird exercise DVD...

Anyway, mind if I join in?

(Hi Jane )
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #9  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

just short of 3 months ...ya won't kick me out for not being 40 will ya? lol

Hello all....

Zoe,,,I just love stories like that.

well off to bed,,,
night all

(hi Jane)
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #10  

Hi Ladies,

Welcome to our little group. We have all been doing weight watchers for some time. We all started out as 40 somethings and then we began having those darn 50th...I'll turn the big 50 in a little over 3 months...so hence the Fab & Fit 40's and 50's.

Katie, how long have you been doing weight watchers. I've stopped and started several times over the years, but this time I'm changing my life habits for good. And I'm definitely on my way to being fit. My goal is to spend the rest of my life being a more active and healthy 50 ish lady.

Hey Jane, well I may drop a hint to the owner of the company tomorrow that I'm taking the human resource classes. I worked for his wife at the college overseeing a program that allowed students to earn credits for their jobs. I managed the enrollment, kept track of students assignments. So, if he mentions it to his wife she would definitely be in my corner. Secondly, I know that for our company human resource also takes care of all the company functions. I also have experience with that. For two years straight I oversaw the welding suppliers regional meeting. It was my responsibility to figure expenses, registrations fees, send out all registration materials, plan activities...etc, in fact my boss at the time told me if I ever wanted to go into party planning that I'd be good at it. So anyway...maybe I need to drop a little bug in his ears.

Hey Angie, welcome, I don't think we'll kick you out...you will just keep the rest of us young!!

Trish, I'm so glad that your husband is doing well and that now you have a little less stress on you. I can only imagine how scared you were after being widowed twice before.

Well ladies, the rest of my group should be along pretty soon. Summers are always a little slow in here. I believe Terri is visiting her mother and should be back soon. Zoe and I tend to go awol from time to time. Usually when we are off track with our lifestyle changes!!

So, everyone take care...I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Last edited by short & sassy; 06-09-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hello all,

Mary Kate - you ARE fab, for sure. And we're trying to get fit, so that's what matters, right?

Angie - you can be the baby of the group, how's that? We'll have a big cyber party on your 40th birthday.

Ruth - I think you'd be great in HR, for sure, with your personality. That's a very rewarding field, and I still get cards and an occasional phone call from past employees, and that makes me feel good.

We're having lasagna for dinner tonight, so I'll have to be very careful with portion control, and I've planned my lunch accordingly to have enough points for the lasagna. That's one thing I LOVE about WW, the flexibility is awesome!

ttfn,
Old 06-10-2008, 04:02 PM   #12  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HOLY,MOLY! This place is jumping! I thought I was in the wrong place, so many new people everyone!

Ruthie - you are doing great girl - 166!!! That wii thing is really working for you. on the sizes lost too - I'm happy for you. Hope things work out as far as the HR job.

ZoeGirl - Congrats on winning free electricity, lol. That's great. on your loss too!

Hi Terri, Jen, Es & Sandy - how is everyone?

We are having a Father's Day barbecue with about 25 people and that's just family, lol. It should be fun. What's everyone doing?

Oh....wait....almost forgot..... I REACHED GOAL THIS WEEKEND!!! I didn't even realize it as first, duh! Let's see how long I go this time.

Hope everyone is well.

Talk to you's soon.

Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...0/145/145/.png

Last edited by dpadro; 06-10-2008 at 04:10 PM.
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Dianne - CONGRATS for reaching goal!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #14  

Hey Diane!

:c heer3:Wow, you made it!! This time you will stay at goal...because we are gonna make sure you don't backslide! I've come to realize that this is a long term commitment. From now on I will always be exercising and making better choices! It's my new way of life!

No plans for father's day. Misty and I may take her dad and her husband out to eat...we aren't sure yet! We have a grandbabies birthday party on Friday, Lindsey will be 3 on Friday and we are celebrating her birthday at the park...hoping it doesn't rain.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #15  

Good morning, instead of getting in the shower, I would love to crawl back into bed. I woke up around 4:00 and the cats and the dogs weren't quiet enought for me to go back to bed. About 5:30 I started my morning on the Wii. So, I need something to wake me up!! Maybe the shower will do the trick.

Hope you are all doing okay. I'll check in this afternoon.