Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2003, 11:13 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb Thursday Chatters

Greetings fellow health-seekers.

This time of year, we are all soooo busy. No one is posting very often and I miss you!!!!!

We are going to have a very hot summer. It's the middle of May and yesterday our heat index was 95 degrees. That is so hard to believe. I worked in the yard a little while before I started to melt. (Maybe I melted off some pounds---I can only hope.)

What is going on with everyone????
I have been doing so good at drinking water---until today. I guess I was just taking Saturday off.

Let's hear from everyone.
Tina
Old 05-18-2003, 12:37 AM   #2  
Just girl striving 4 thin

hello yep busy here too...one week left of school and then things should slow down...I pray!
Great excercising all...me I just swam for a couple of hours no hard core treadmill stuff...the gym is closed now on Fri am for the summer so I can only go there Mon and Wed...ho hum...I am a little nervous about taking 5 kids there anyways but don't want to mess up on work out schedule.. I didn't loose this week my first gain....... uggh!!! +.4!!!! i know it is only .4 but it is the first time to go up... It was TOM and on mothers day we went out to chinese food and must have not calculated the points correctly! Well really tired so better run...
Chat soon...
Old 05-18-2003, 09:21 AM   #3  
Susan

Good morning,

It's going to be a beautiful day here too! I agree with you Tina, it is going to be a
HOT summer . If it is this hot already, we will be toasted by the time summer comes.

I hope I make it until school gets out. We don't get out until June 7. Boo!!!! I'm not sure WHY we get out so late But no one asked my opinion on it either. I have this thing about going to school ONE SECOND into June. I'm sure that you can tell that I don't agree with it or like it. I've been so stressed lately that I sat at my desk one afternoon almost in tears Remember on occassion I do get to work with kids which lately I haven't been able to at all. Everytime I turned around, there was another emergency popping up. I went into teaching to work with kids, which I love!!!

Ok, enough about me!!!!

Tina, did you take some allergy medicine before you worked outside? I mowed the other night just so I could relax. I need to get out there and really work in my flowerbed but Pat hasn't given me the ok yet. He is still spraying for poision ivy.

Sherree, don't let .4 gain make you down. You could go to the bathroom and lose that! I think it was probably the sodium and TOM that did it. You'll have it off next week!! Keep it up Girl!!! You are doing GREAT!!

Tammy, how is the end of the year going for you? How is that cutie Tim? What does he have planned for summer other than his Eagle Scout project..... band camp?

Where has everyone been lately? I've missed everyone too!!!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 05-18-2003, 09:23 AM   #4  
Susan

Wow I didn't mean to write a novel!! Ha Ha, I can write as much as I talk.

Old 05-21-2003, 09:40 PM   #5  
Susan

Where is everyone? I miss you guys!!!!!! I lost 1.6 this week. So I'm at a total of 8 pounds. Keep in touch!!!
Old 05-22-2003, 11:02 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Susan, that's a great loss!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been in the mood to write. I've gained and have felt like a blob.
I'm supposed to write and support everyone but haven't felt like it. On a bright note, I have lost 2 of the pounds I gained.

Is everyone having a hard time losing????? I bet everyone is really busy this time of year.
I hope all the Canadians are having good weather now.

It was great here yesterday. I worked in my yard all morning. It was cloudy, breezy and a little cool. Today, the sun is out and it's warming back up. I don't think it'll make it to 90 but close.

Come on let's talk.
Tina
Old 05-22-2003, 05:24 PM   #7  
Susan

Tina,
You are doing great with losing 2 pounds. You are off to a good start!!! Don't beat yourself up. It is natural to be gain a little while you are on vacation. Make sure that you drink your water and write in your journal.

Is it humid down there? It is here.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:04 AM   #8  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Well I must have posted my gain somewhere for susan to be so encouraging to me...I did jsut post on teh other thread and mentioned my loss this week...
Tina you are doing good don't let a gain set you back to far...think of the bigger picture and of how you are going to feel when you get back on your loosing streak!!!
On the other thread someone asked me if I had been a school sec before,.the answer is no! I think they are only wanting one for 2 days a week...I may take that or cover the nap times daily!! Not too sure yet.
Any great plans for the weekend.
I am throwing a baby shower tomorrow for a fellow church goer!! Should be fun..especially since I am in charge of teh FOOD!!!
Well better hit the road..
SIS how ya doing....
Old 05-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #9  

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been in here in ages! Too busy this time of year. I've been staying up too late working on school stuff. I hate the end of the year because of all the busywork. It seems like we get one thing finished, then we get a message from the principal telling us we have something else to do.

We have been rather cool here lately. Rarely making it to 70 degrees during the day. It's kind of nice for the end of the school year. I'm still wearing sweaters and socks some days!! We have our class picnic this coming Tuesday. It is in the town park with loads of trees, so I know it's going to be cool. I always have a blanket in the car just in case!!

Sometimes I think I have the word sucker printed on my forehead!! lol We had a band boosters meeting Thursday night. I'm already uniform chairman for next year. That involves taking out bad hems and sewing on loose buttons before we send them to the dry cleaners, then later in the summer matching up the kids with the right size uniform.

Our band is in charge of the programs for the big band show at the county fair the end of August. That will involve soliciting businesses for ads for the program, setting up the program, and getting it to the printer, etc. Guess who volunteered to do it? Silly me!!!

The guy that did the progrms before me had a pretty good system worked out, so I think I'll follow his lead. He said he'd help me out when I need something. Another mom also said she'd help out too.

This weekend and next we have graduation parties to go to. Tomorrow a boy from Tim's troop and another boy from the Venture Crew that Tim is involved in are receiving their Eagle Scout Awards. We had practice last night, and I helped to get things ready for the meal that will follow the ceremony. Always busy.

The ceremony is being held at the estate where Tim will be doing his project. I had never been in the home. It is beautiful!!!!!!!!! It was built in the 20's, and has been completely refurbished to bring it back to its original stature. I think I could live there, but I sure wouldn't want to clean it!!! lol

Eagle project, band camp, scout camp, vacation in Georgia, a teen leadership academy, drum lessons, conditioning and running for cross country, and who knows what else is what Tim will be doing this summer. He's looking forward to September 5. That's when he will turn 15 1/2 and be able to get his driving permit!!! HELP!!!!

I can't believe how much I've written. Once summer gets here (last day of school for teachers is June 5) I'll be on here more often. Oh, we were just told this week that we have to do more cleaning things out of our rooms for the summer. I have a big cupboard in the back of the room that I've NEVER had to empty for the summer. They have decided to move everything out of the room to strip the floors completely before they wax. They usually work around that cupboard since it is so big and heavy. Have no idea what I'm doing with the stuff that is inside it. Glad we have a big basement. Anyway, the rooms have to be ready by June 12. We have a couple of teachers who have so much in their rooms, they never finish putting things away until the end of June. They are totally in a panic about this.

For me, it's kind of a good thing. I've already loaded a couple garbage bags, passed things out to the kids, given things to a couple new teachers, mailed things to a friend that teaches in North Carolina. Cleaning out can be a good thing.

Enough of this!! You guys will fall asleep I've written so much!!! Notice I didn't say anyting about weight loss???????? Let's don't talk about that issue today. lol
Old 05-24-2003, 10:19 AM   #10  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. Well Sheree, I haven't been doing to great. I haven't done horribly but I need to get a handle on it. I am going back to my old job hours so that should help a lot. I will be able to walk again. So I will be getting my butt in gear. Just have to get my head there too. Hope you have a great day all.....Sis
Old 05-24-2003, 02:28 PM   #11  
Susan

It's good to hear from everyone!!! I've missed you guys!!!

Life has been very busy with the end of school. My mom has been very sick, my horse has been sick and a good friend of my family passed away on Friday. So I will be flying home on Monday for the day, to drive to Austin with my Dad for the services, then back to SA and fly home. I don't want Daddy to drive by himself.

Hope all is well with you. For once, my head and heart are in the right place.... I've lost 8 pounds! Hang in there, you can do it!
Old 05-29-2003, 11:46 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

It's Thursday

Tammy, I loved hearing all about your life at this moment. You are so busy.

Sheree, hang in there 'cause school is almost out. Swimming sounds good to me. We have a pool one street over from us. I didn't go last year but plan to this summer. Weird how you buy a house near a pool, go the first few years, then forget it's there.

Sis, you can do this. Set your mind on winning. You can lose.

Susan, are you back from your trip---of course you are. How are your parents?

Kady, Maureen, Reina, Stacey, everyone, post!!!!!

Tina
Old 05-29-2003, 09:19 PM   #13  
Susan

Hi there,

Yes, I'm back and getting ready to go AGAIN! this time I'm off to Alabama for my nephew's graduation.

My mom is still pretty sick. She went to the dr. today and they gave her more meds. The dr. seems to think this will clear up the infection. She is so very weak!!!! It's scary. She is going to move her hip surgery til later in the summer. Daddy is doing well. I went grocery shopping for them while I was there so he would have stuff to eat.

Tammy is one of the busiest people I know!!!! I'm counting the days until we get out!!! I can't wait.

TIna, how is life with you?

Ya'll have a good one and I'll write on Sunday when I get back in town.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:20 AM   #14  

Just checking in before the running starts! lol Picking up my nephews at 9:00. Tim and I are going to talk to them about Boy Scout camp. These 2 boys have never been away from home. They have stayed overnight at our house a few times, but no camping experience to speak of. They are now in Tim's troop. Want to prepare them. I think the older one will do OK, he'll be in 6th grade. The younger one will be in 5th. Personally, I don't think he should go. He is such a baby and cries at the drop of a hat. He is really too young to be in the troop, but my brother and SIL pushed the issue to keep the boys together. I think the older one should have a chance to do things on his own without younger brother, but who am I?

A couple weeks ago the troop went to the Air Force Base in Dayton for a huge camporee. These 2 boys went, but my SIL went too. They hung out with her instead of doing things with the troop. I think Deb needs to butt out and let them be boys with the other guys.

Later today, we have graduation parties to go to. Tomorrow is graduation at our HS. The band is playing so Tim has to go, and I'll be there sitting in the "teacher" section. The teachers lead the graduates into the gym. I'm sure I'll cry. I've really gotten to know so many of the seniors because of band this yer.

Sis, I agree with you! I have to get my head and butt in gear. I have really been bad this month about getting exercise in. Food has not been the best, but I've done great on water. lol

Susan, hope things are better with your family. How was your nephew's graduation?

Need to head out. I need to get certificates finished up for our awards assembly on Tuesday. I have most of them finished. I realized last night that I don't have any done for those who have done fantastic on multiplication that they are just learning. I want to reward those kids who have gone "beyone the call of duty" to learn their facts.

OH! Bob checked out insurance rates for when Tim starts to drive in September. After checking the rates, he may not be driving until September 2020!!!!! Wow! Expensive. It is cheaper if the child has good grades, so that will help out since that's about $250 cheaper than kids with low grades. For Tim it would be over $600 for 6 months. I think he can walk. What do you think?
Old 05-31-2003, 07:47 AM   #15  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Well, except for yesterday I have been doing pretty good. I went a bit over yesterday but will make up for it the next few days. I have been getting my walking in(except for yesterday) 2.2 miles a day for the last 3 days. I am going to try to keep doing that. When the weather permits, it hasn't been very cooperative the last couple weeks. Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know I am still here, lurking even when not posting. Good luck to everyone and have a great day....Sis
Closed Thread