Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 12:40 AM   #16  

G'day all,

Visitors gone, it was my sister-in-law, she is always good to have a coffee etc. with.

Lily It was brought to my attention that with my website when you click on the thumbnails the pictures become huge. On my computer and dh's they automatically adjust but I now know that it does not adjust on all computers. Is this what you meant when you said you were a 'Netscape user'?????? I have now reduced all the images so that they can be viewed without becoming huge. Thanks for any suggestions, I appreciate your input.

Slavika Your New Year's Eve sounded pretty good, it is always good to share New Year's Eve with a few good old friends. Pleased to hear your migraines are on the improve. I don't get migraines but when I do get a headache I find them so debilitating, there is just nothing you want to do.

Trudy When is the baby actually due?? I hope your dd is well and your grandchild will make a grand entrance into this world very soon.

Ann sounds like you have quite a project on your hands after the mishap over Christmas.

Peggy dh and I take it in turns who is the dd, it is quite scary when you look back many years ago and no-one seemed to be too bothered about not drinking and driving . As obviously is the same in your part of the world, there is a constant blitz on drink driving here, heavy fines and loss of license.

Back to my computer and try and get a few more things ship shape again. Not sure what joy those clever people get out of spreading computer viruses
I'll be very cautious from now on.

Cheers all
Maria
Old 01-02-2003, 06:24 PM   #17  
Net browser

Hi Everybody We had a nice time at our friends on New Years Eve but I did end up with a headache. Fortunately I always carry Imitrex with me so that cleared it up. I guess that's why I quit taking the Inderal the last time, it just didn't do me much good. LOL Maybe I will have to get those "Botox" injections in my face to help with the headaches and as a bonus I would end up with fewer wrinkles. Do any of you know anybody who did that???
Well life is back to "normal" for me. DH went to work, and I had laundry and some cleaning to get done. Tomorrow night we get the grandkids for a sleep over, and that is always fun and they love it.
Gals it's TRUDY'S birthday today. I did not see her, but will celebrate her birthday with her next Tuesday at our Tea Time. I talked to her on the phone earlier and her family are all going to her place this evening including her VERY pregnant daughter. So, my friend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I know you are in for a great joyous year.

Last edited by slavika; 01-02-2003 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #18  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY

Hope you are having a great day and I wish you many happy and healthy returns of the day!

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-03-2003, 12:46 AM   #19  

Happy Birthday Trudy
Karen
Old 01-03-2003, 10:49 AM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: Im glad the medicine is helping the headaches.
Your New Years sounded wonderful. Love Lobster. An inside pool would be nice to

MAria: Sorry to hear you got a virus. Those things are so bad. I never open any email attachments. Not even if they are from my sister you just never know.
Your sister does sound a little different.
I did not notice the large pictures. No what I meant by Netscape is that the reason I could not see your pages is that you have a space in the file name some where, Netscape does not like this and IE will put A % sign to make up for it. Thats why I couldnt see it in Netscape. Now maybe the picture was a problem also but I couldnt view it at all so cant really say.

Ann: Glad the insurance is paying for things. Sounds like such a mess to deal with.

I like the new look!

Trudy:
Happy Birthday!
Old 01-03-2003, 05:47 PM   #21  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone...

Thanks for all the Happy Birthday Wishes... I really had a lovely day . I almost forgot how old I was... . I ate too much so today is getting myself back on track day.

My DD is still expecting.. Her OBGYN gave her Dec 24 as her due date, but Ultra Sound said it would be Dec 29... so she is over due for sure. She had a fetal assessment ultra sound yesterday morning and she brought the pictures over last night. With her help pointing out the baby's head we could see the profile in 1 picture and another had the face.. the 3rd was of a "little footy"..
so cute. Her doctor thinks it will be this weekend (I heard that one before).. if not she goes for another ultra sound on Mon and sees the OBGYN right after that. This waiting is sure hard on the nerves. I can't wait to start doing Grandma duties.

I bought a Norton 2003 Antivirus today and with tax spent $91.00... Slavika just e-mailed me that Costco is going to have it on sale for $67.99 on Feb 3, that is quite a difference in price. Looks like I have to return it and wait for Costco. What a pain those Virus criminals give us.

Bye all..
Old 01-04-2003, 04:59 AM   #22  

G'day all,

It is getting late in the evening .....I have bought a new filing cabinet and re-organised our office/computer room. It is very comfortable with lots of room.

Lily I have downloaded Netscape 7 and I now have the choice of either using Netscape or Explorer. One of the reasons was to see what you see of my webpage in Netscape, however I am confused as it appeared the same as it did in Explorer I have updated my webpage again with more/different photos on Peta and David's page, perhaps inadvertently I have changed something else and it is now OK in Netscape.
Please enlighten me!

Trudy How are you coping with the wait for your grandchild? Hope it will not be too much longer.

Off to relax for a bit before going to bed.

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-04-2003, 01:53 PM   #23  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Has DD had baby yet? Sounds like you had a great birthday!

Maria: I went and download Netscape 7. I was on an older Version. I did not have a problem this time. Like the new pictures you added to!
Old 01-04-2003, 05:54 PM   #24  
Member Florida Chick

Trudy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BELATEDLY. Didn't get on line until your birthday was all over. so glad you had a nice one with your family. Maybe by now you are a Grandma. And Happy New Year. Ann
Old 01-04-2003, 06:37 PM   #25  

G'day all,

Magnificent morning here. We walked to the beach and had breakfast at one of the little sidewalk cafes.....very pleasant, what a life we have

Thanks Lily for your feedback and I am pleased my website works OK now in Netscape as well as Explorer.
We had Netscape many years ago, don't know why we changed to Explorer. Netscape is just that bit different, don't know which I prefer.

Still no news on the grandchild from Trudy , hope it will not be too much longer.

We are off to do some 4x4 wheel driving today. DH has downloaded maps on to my laptop which we can use in conjunction with our GPS (Global Positioning Unit). It is supposed show us exactly where we are with an arrow following our route. These maps are very detailed and show all the outback 4x4 wheel drive tracks. We are not venturing too far from home today to just try it out. Should be useful in time to come when we do our travel around Australia.

It was a pleasure to sit here this morning with our computer room all tidy and everything in its place, we have promised each other to keep it this way......at least for a week or so

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy

I'm not a happy camper. Just had a great post all written, and got the message that I had used too many similes, so when I went to edit, lost the whole thing. So I can't even remember everything I said. So Hi everyone. Hope you are having a great weekend.

I need some advice. Our pampered pooch has been to the Vets, and she has been put on a special diet to help prevent kidney stones. Needless to say, she is not about to eat the stuff. She wants what she has eaten for the past 11 years. She looks at us with sad and longing eyes. The Vet says just put it down and after she gets hungry enough she'll eat. He doesn' know our dog.It has been 4 days and she is not eating. So tonight we thought if we mixed some of the old stuff with the new,maybe she would eat. So-she picks out all the old food, and leaves the new. She is so mad at us, that last night she left a mess on the floor(in the middle of the night) and she never never does that.
HELP. I think that if this goes on much longer, we will probably break down and just feed her.

Will wrack my brain and tomorrow try to think of all the wonderful things I said to everyone.: Ann
Old 01-04-2003, 10:54 PM   #27  
Net browser

HI EVERYBODY
Maria I saw your pictures....they are all great. Did nobody take one of you all by your self in your pretty red dress? I would like to see that ONE.
I cleaned my computer/sewing room today (it took most of the day and part of the evening). I threw out so much stuff, I hope I'm not sorry. I moved a long low chest of drawers thingme with DH from the basement to the computer room and I am starting to feel my muscles complaining now.
ANN you didn't say, but does
"pampered poochie" already have trouble with kidney stones. or is this change in diet simply to prevent them? My little bichon doggie was diabetic and the vet put her on a restricted diet too. I found that she could have things like boiled hamburger meat with some carrots/peas in it and I put that in with the dog food that she just hated. I also saved "gravy" from roasts etc and tried flavoring her food with that (not much just a bit). I guess if your poochie already has trouble with kidney stones (which I imagine would be painful) I probably would give her the new dog food and add just a bit of the old food to it like you are doing. If she never did have kidney stones I think I would just continue feeding her the way you have been for 11 years. It sounds like the poor little thing is really stressed over this and that can't be good for her either. Did the Vet say that changing her diet would make that big of difference in the development of stones? I don't really know what causes kidney stones....I guess I will have to go and look it up on the internet. Keep us posted as to how she is doing. I sure love dogs. What breed of dog is she?

Last edited by slavika; 01-04-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:11 PM   #28  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs up Pampered pooch

Slavika: She is a Cockapoo, named Cuddles. Before we started this regimen she weighed 9.5lbs, but now I'm sure she has lost a bit. After doctoring up her supper tonight she did eat some. But she does pick out all the stuff she likes and leaves the new stuff.

She doesn't yet have stones, but she has some sort of crystals in her urine, so that is why the Vet wanted her to go on this diet, to prevent the forming of stones. Tomorrow, I'm going to call and see what he says. Just how important this is, and if there is maybe someway to modify things a bit.

Spent the afternoon working on music for our spring Chorus show. We are going to do a musical garden. Never knew there were so many songs about flowers or with flowers in the name. It should be fun and different.

Hi everyone. Have a good week. Ann
Old 01-05-2003, 10:19 PM   #29  

On to the next thread all......

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread