Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 09:02 AM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default First Friday of the New Year!!!

It's here!! It's finally here! Thank God!

How is everyone doing? Hope the holidays and New Year (off to a good start) were good to everyone.

I didn't see a thread started for today, so as long as noone minds I'll get one started ...

I'll be back later to chat. I've got to get going this morning!

PS - I created a website: www.geocities.com/debbiedoo1976
I'm having fun with it ... so far ...
Old 01-03-2003, 09:35 AM   #2  

Good morning girls!

Deb ~ I like your website. We definitely need pics!! I hope all is going well with the apartment hunting and moving out. It sounds like you are more than ready. I am going to start another journal thread, just to keep me accountable, please join me!!

Not much going on with me today, here at work, and kinda bored. I did well yesterday, stayed OP and even got a short walk in. Plan on doing the same today. It is much easier doing this with my DH on board!

I hope you all are more chatty today, I was lonely yesterday!! It's Friday!!!!!!

Be back in a bit.....
Old 01-03-2003, 09:53 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Deb: I keep thinking I should start a website, I need to get some happy software or something to do it.

Tonya: I am trying to stay OP, it's hard though since I have a really bad cold and my body keeps demanding oranges and stuff. Then again during a cold your body uses more cals etc... I should be okay, I haven't been too wild. I want to go to the gym today though.

I start school again on Monday... my last semester for now.... it's strange knowing I am not applying for anything particular in the fall academicswise. I am going to call the YMCA to see about the aerobics certification... the whole process will cost me quite a bit though. Anyhoo have a good day!

Ali
Old 01-03-2003, 10:00 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Morning, Tonya and Deb!!

Not much doing here, just struggling to stay awake at work. Did anyone else have an exceptionally hard time getting out of bed this morning? I know I sure did! And another girl here at work said she almost called it a sick day today because she was having such a hard time getting out of bed.

I went to the Dr. earlier in the week about my back pain. She had some X-rays taken and suggested that I do physical therapy for it. So, hopefully, working out and walking won't bother my back so much anymore.

Jayne, you asked yesterday if there were any plans for Aaron and I to get back together. It's such a complicated situation... I'm sure you remember that I broke up with him because I was just sure that Workboy was going to be so much better. That was my first mistake--I really hurt Aaron and workboy turned out to be a truly despicable person who doesn't even have a kind heart. I miss Aaron SO much that it makes my stomach hurt, but we had some major problems when we were together--like that fact that he just can't get his life together and it drags me down, too. While I miss spending time with him and talking to him all the time, I don't miss all the BS that comes with him. He says he misses me, but that I hurt him bad (which I did), so he needs a little time to get things in order and to think about things with us. Which is fine, because I need some time, too, to think about things. When I broke up with him, I was hurting and angry with him because of a lot of things that he put me through and I need to remember those things when working through all of this.

Well, ladies, I managed to spend yesterday OP!! Quite an accomplishment after not having done it since November. I didn't get any exercise yesterday (unless you count napping as an exercise), but plan to get some today.

Deb--I'm going to go check out your website as soon as I'm done posting here. I'm sure it'll be wonderful!!

Tonya--Way to go yesterday!! Hopefully we can keep each other on track.

OK, I have to get a little work done now. (I guess the company thinks they pay me to do something other than jabber on here.)
Old 01-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #5  

I am here! I too, had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. i was feeling extremely guilty for eating like half a bag of potato chips yesterday! Why can't i have some self control? Arrgh...the story of my life!

It is supposed to snow a lot up here and I am on call tonight-can't decide if I should just stay at the hospital or go home-I really don't want to stay at the hospital but I will if I have to....
Wonder of wonders the patients are actually showing up....

Here is a poll for you guys...how long does it take for you to get an appointment with a doctor as a new patient?

Lori
Old 01-03-2003, 12:53 PM   #6  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default My 2 cents ...

Ok I've been away from the forum for a while so I've got some catching up to do!!!

First I'd like to say (adding to LoriD's post yesterday) that we ARE so supportive of each other. Not only have we evolved to a 20-30's something group, but now so many other changes going on ... people getting married, houses being bought and built and babies! We're really well rounded! So, for such diversity we always seem to support each other.

Jayne - I TOTALLY missed your pregnancy annoucement! Congratulations ~ Aaron will be a great big brother. And your husband was really sweet thinking of you like that - starting your New Year off w/ a relaxing bath. Awesome! I wish you a healthy pregnancy. I think following the WW plan (plus adding some extra points for baby) is a good idea.

LoriD - Unless you are PG (here on LI anhow) you have to wait a LONG time to see a OB/GYN. And if you ARE PG you still have to wait to see a new doctor, until about the 8th week, unless you suspect something is wrong. I waited 5 months to see my ORIGINAL OB/GYN as a "new patient" (she left the practice and started her own), I followed a few years later.
I hope you're having a healthy & happy pregnancy too! It's funny knowing someone from the board was here on LI during the holidays. Tee-hee!

Tonya - I joined you on the "Journal" thread. I am planning on moving back to my parents house. I wanted to be out (to avoid paying rent this month) by 1/1, but that didn't happen w/ the holidays. Here's the FUNNY thing ... I work for a college that happens to be on old state hospital grounds, so they have old doctors houses & cottages that they rent out - I got offered a 3 bedroom yesterday! Making the rent would be TIGHT - but I would have my own space ... and then some! I don't know what to do now ...
You must be so excited getting into the new house! Post some pix!

Jess - It's hard missing someone and wondering if you made the right decisions. You do have to keep in mind the good AND the bad. So the problems that you and Aaron had in the past won't just go away ... I learned that the hard way. Now that I'm getting ready to move out, Jeffrey has been different, nicer and it does make things harder. We're actually "friends" now ... but I have to remind myself that this isn't "him" 24/7 and that he and I have different goals (long and short term) in life. Not easy, and this also doesn't make other things in my life easy - especially the weight loss. And I know what you mean about someone else dragging you down. It's so funny how we become a product of our environments; emotionally & physically.
Hope your back is feeling better. Have you thought of going to a chiropractor?

OH ... you know what guys??? I started therapy the day after Christmas. I felt immediately better! I'm seeing a Social Worker, and feel comfortable with her. She says that once a week is a good idea and she specializes in eating disorders and family therapy.

Ali - You'll get those pesky pounds off! I asked my friend to p/up a running journal for me; to get back into the groove. Good luck in school, I start the end of January.
The website is fun, because right now I have the time. Geocities seems to be reliable for free and building it was easy.
Go for the aerobics certification ... it's something that will benefit you in MANY ways. I chuckled when you wrote yesterday "I'll need many jobs" (or something like that ...) ... that's how I feel! I'll always have more than 1 job.

Wow ... I rambled in this ... told you I had a lot of catchin up to do.

Hello to eveyone/anyone I missed or hasn't posted yet today!
Old 01-03-2003, 01:58 PM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hi gals,

I'm having a really crappy day. Lasy night DH & I had a huge fight. I found out he's beenlying to me about some behaviour of his. It happened a few years ago too & we almost broke up then. I am so hurt & upset. We tried to talk things out last night. I told him I forgive him but the thing is I still feel hurt. Is it possible to truly forgive someone & still feel hurt? Today i feel guilty for feeling hurt! Argh! I've been burying myself in chocolate too -I didn't even eat lunch either-just chocolate! I don't know how to get that trust back that I had. I feel like I am going to be suspicious of anything that comes out of his mouth. I don't want to be but how do you get trust back? Argh! Whya re men so stupid? I still feel angry & yet I feel guilty for being angry. Argh! Anyway sorry for dumping on you all.

Deb, neat website. Hello kitty is so cute. I like your chart idea.

Ali, have fun in your last semster!

Lori, when I was a new patient I only had to wait a couple weeks but that's b/c my dr was new & had no patient base yet. Now when I need to see her for my yearly check up I have to make the appointment two months ahead. Very frustrating.

Jess, I had the worst time getting up this morning too. I drove dh to work at 6:30 & felt like a zombie so I went back to bed & then I was supposed to get up at 8 to get ready for an appointment & instead I got up at 20 ater & I still couldn't get my feet moving. I barely made it to my appointment on time & I skipped breakfast & a shower! Tomorrow I am sleeping as long as possible.

hello to everyone else. I might be back later. Tkae care all.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls! Just a quick note to say hello! I went to the gym at lunch and I feel really good - second workout of 2003. woo hoo.

I have to run but I'll post properly later.

BBL!!
Closed Thread