Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 01:19 PM   #31  

Hi gals,

I am going to make this short because I have been booted out several times the last 2 days.

It sounds like everyone had a lovely Turkey day. I am so jealous of those of you who are done decorating and/or shopping. I am a disaster.

Happy Birthday Dianne!!!

COngrats Zoe for your loss. I unfortunately gained 2 lb but with Thanksgiving and TOM it is not totally unexpected.

Hugs to all
JanieD
Old 12-05-2002, 03:46 PM   #32  

Exclamation

LOTS OF SNOW!!!!

I haven't seen this much snow in a very long time. It looks so pretty. I drove in it & was a nervous wreck!! Luckily everybody was going real slow. It was so icy but I made it home safely. Thank God.

Dianne, I hope you enjoyed your birthday.

Zoe, I haven't finished my Christmas shopping yet. I'm only half way through. I'm suppose to receive some retro money my job owes me next week. That's when I'll finish up. We're going to buy the tree this weekend. Can't wait.

Jen, maybe we'll stick with the Fabulous 40's & Beyond. Or Fab. 40's - 50's. We have to change it quick before Dianne decides to leave us.

Terri, how are you? Can you think of a name? Cute poem!

Janie, I get booted out sometimes. It's so frustrating!! I'm up 2.5. I can't even talk about it cause I get too upset.

Got to get off line for awhile. David is driving in this storm. He was half way to work & his friend called him on his cell & said second shift didn't have to come in. He might call me.

Till later.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 12-05-2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:14 AM   #33  

Happy Friday everyone!

Thanks for the birthday wishes I had the most FABULOUS day. When I came into work in the morning, my whole desk area was decorated with happy birthday stremers - Over the Hill signs and a huge 50 sign (I took that down before I could get my coat off Then they had lunch for me and when they opened the conference room, it too was decorated with tablecloth, cups, plates, etc. in the 50 mode. I couldn't believe they had done all that without me knowing -- then I was told that they waited until I left the night before to decorate and the funny thing was that I left late that night because of an upcoming meeting I was preparing for, so everyone had to stay late with me They gave me some gag gifts too - like an old lady's cane with all kinds of funny things on it like a horn, a sign that read Old Lady Crossing, like the deer crossing signs - so funny.

Then when I got home Willie and our best friends took me out to dinner. All and all it was a great day and the blow of turning 50 was softened
Tomorrow Willie and my sister are taking me to a play - Cabaret, so the celebration continues........sheesh turning 50 wasn't so bad after all!

As far as this site is concerned you can leave it as is if you want, I won't be leaving But I must say if you do change the name I really like Jen's suggested fabulous 40's and beyond!

Well, I wrote a book - I'd better get back to work. Hope you all have a great Friday and I'll talk to you's guys soon. Thanks again for the birthday wishes!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 12-06-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:32 AM   #34  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Glad you had a great day. To be honest, I'm not enthused about turning 50 in May; having heard from you that it isn't all that bad is encouraging

Es,
Wow you guys really got socked with lousy weather! Glad you arrived home safe and sound, it's nerve-wracking to have to drive in that.

have to run some errands, will be back later,
~Jen
Old 12-06-2002, 01:04 PM   #35  

Hi All,

I was just checking in finallly, and wanted to say hi again, I haven't totally disappeared.

Dianne, Happy belated birthday

It looks like you had a great day!

My 50th is this coming week, it is on the 10th.

I'll have to fill you in later on what kept me away in November. But it looks like things are settling down for now.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 12-06-2002, 01:53 PM   #36  

Hi everyone,
I guess with all that snow you folks had, it is really starting to feel a lot more like Christmas. We are in a valley here and never get more than flurries (and only once every 10 yrs or so), but it's great when the Mts around us are covered in white. I promised I drive Ellen up to play in the snow next time. I will even take her out of school if I have to. She has never really seen snow falling. It is such a beautiful sight, but I have to say I sure don't miss driving in it.

Last night we got an unexpected guest. A friend that Steve used to work with when we lived in Boston area came into town and the people she was originally going to stay with backed out. She was going to be spending Sat nite with us but now she is here for 4 nights. Our guest room doubles as my sewing room. I was planning on cleaning it up in time for Sat but when she showed up yesterday I just appologized and told her she can sleep on the sleep/sofa in the Family room. What does she expect with only 6 hours notice? She's lucky that I got the Bathroom cleaned for her. WHy do I feel guilty, or do I just always feel guilty?

Hope everyone has a great Weekend. I hope to get to the health club twice this weekend.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 12-06-2002, 03:38 PM   #37  

Talking

Hi

Dianne, sounds like you had a really nice time. I'm happy for you.
That was so nice of your co-workers. I like Fab. 40's & Beyond. How's Alana doing? Did you get alot of snow?

Jen, we give you the honors of starting a new thread since you came up with our new name.

Janie, I love the snow I just don't like when it gets icy & slushy. This weekend is going to be pretty warm so I think most of it will melt. The kids in my neighborhood had a ball. They were out till late playing in it. I enjoyed watching them. You have to take Ellen. She'll love it. Unexpected guest! I would have freaked. I guess she understood. Don't feel guilty.

Sandy, I thought you left us. I hope all is well with you. If you don't come back for a while Happy Birthday

I've been feeling really down in the dumps. I've been trying real hard with lots of prayer to overcome these feelings. I went to my Dr. for my results in my blood work which came out better than what I expected. Anyway, she put me on antidepressants for a while. I'm only letting you guys know. I didn't even tell Pete. We'll see if they help. She wants to see me in 6 weeks. I never thought I'd see the day that I needed pills for depression. Geeezzz!!!! She also told me it's heredity. Both my sisters suffer from depression. One takes meds. the other one won't. Oh well<sigh> we'll see.

Have a great weekend buddies.

Love you all,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 12-06-2002 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:06 PM   #38  
Queen of the Fresh Start

See you on Fabulous 40's and Beyond~#133....we've come too far to start over with #1 !!!
Closed Thread