Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 04:54 PM   #16  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Zoe, Good for you! One pound is great, especially during Thanksgiving week.

Terri, Es wasn't the only one laughing when reading your post. Glad the turkey tasted good, I've heard it's a great way to cook it.

Es, shopping during the week is the only way to go...if you're able you might as well take advantage of it. I stay home on the weekends, even when it's not the holiday season. I'm heading out tomorrow for one more power shopping trip, and then should be finished. YAY!!!

The tree is up but not decorated, but the rest of the house is finished. We'll finish up the tree during the week; for some reason we never get it all done in one day!

Joe is at his once-a-year convention for the radiology industry, held every Thanksgiving weekend here in Chicago. It's the largest convention held in the country. Of course it's not as exciting for those who live here as it is for all the radiologists and other industry personnel who live across the country! Joey attends it along with his dad, as they're both in the business, just different occupations.

hope everyone's well.....stop in and say hi!

~Jen
Old 12-01-2002, 06:31 PM   #17  

Hello my buds:

Sounds like a good Thanksgiving was had by one and all - although yours was a bit scary terri Glad no one was hurt!

Well, as for Christmas shopping, I've decided I'm not gonna do it As some of you may know, we have 7 children with various spouses and boy/girl friends and 14 grandchildren. Every year I update my list on the computer with names/ages, etc. This year I've decided that each child under 10 years old will get a toy-r-us gift certificate and each child over 10 years old will get money in a card. I'm just not up for it this year, its too much work. This way they can pick out their own gifts anyway, the older children will appreciate the money. Then the married kids always get an american express gift certificate for dinner and a night out with us babysitting - they like that part, I feel a little guilty about not buying presents, etc. but then I think about the darn long list and the wrapping paper, etc. and I don't feel as guilty Maybe next year, I'll go back to the regular way. It depends on the reactions I get from the kids.

Well, congrats to all the losers and to those of us stuggling, let's hang in there together - we'll get there eventually.

I'd better get my butt in gear and prepare my clothes for tomorrow. I like to get everything out of the way so I can watch the Sopranos without interruption.

Talk to yous guys manana.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-02-2002, 07:11 PM   #18  

Angry

Hi Girls

Dianne, I would like to get the DVD set of the Sopranos for Pete but they have 4 of them. I guess I should buy the First Season huh? We have HBO but we never watch it. I've seen it a couple of times. He's thrown a thousand hints about an MP3. My brother was telling me since we don't have Optimum Online it'll take forever to download music. I don't know what to do. I know he really wants one.

Jen, I'm buying my tree Sunday. I'm taking a day off Wed. I was going to take 1/2 day since I have a drs. appt. at 1:15 PM but that's a great sale day. I decided to shop till I drop. I have to get my results on blood work I had done to check my cholesterol. It's was still high.

Ruth, how are you?

Hi Terri

Till tomorrow.
Hugs,
Es
Old 12-02-2002, 07:27 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
Your plans for gift giving sound perfect; the wrapping and shopping can be a hassle, and take away from the real meaning of the holiday. I had heard that this is the last season for the Sopranos, but Joey said they're doing another season...have you heard? If this is the last, the next episode should be a whopper!

Es,
the only reason I've got the tree up so early is that years ago we went with an artificial one. On Saturday Joe said we should dispose of it and go with a 3 ft. table model. A few hours later I turned to him and said,"I'm too young for a table top tree!" If he wants to eliminate the hassle of getting it down from the attic, and believe me, it is a hassle, then we should go with fresh trees each year from now on....in the door and then back out. He hasn't said anything about it since.

Spent a good portion of this afternoon gift-wrapping; we had a snowstorm come thru this morning, so I didn't go out shopping as planned.

Dr. Phil's show this afternoon was about weight-loss. Very interesting take on it...I've got to figure out what my payoff is, what's making me want to be fat. Cause that's what it is. I don't have anyone forcing me to eat the way I do.

~Jen
Old 12-02-2002, 10:16 PM   #20  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi again ~ just me, checking in to say hello. Been busy, busy, busy. This time of year can be so hectic but I love it!
I'm about 80% done with my decorating so I am figuring I'll finish it up this week, a little bit each evening after work.

Anyway....I just wanted to pop in and tell you all that I'm thinking about eact of you. I will find more time to post come the weekend.

Warm hugs,
Me <><
Old 12-02-2002, 10:52 PM   #21  

Hi guys:

Es - If Pete's never watched the Sopranos then you should get the first season, so he'll know what's going on. I can't help you with the MP3 thingy, I don't even think I know what that is

Jen - I heard that James Gandolfini (Tony) wants to leave the Sopranos, but I think they will do one more season and he'll probably get "whacked" in that season I could be wrong, maybe he gets "whacked" next week- its the final episode and its gonna be 75 mins. long! If he leaves the show, they may as well hang it up, it wouldn't be good without him, in my opinion. You are toooooo funny about being too young for the Table Top Tree -now I'll always think of those trees for old people

Speaking of "OLD" - I have just one more day of being 49!!!! Starting Wednesday, you guys are gonna have to kick my butt out, or rename this thread

Hi busy ZoeGirl - congrats on the decorating (I haven't even begun) and congrats on the lost pound - I think I found it

Hi Terri, Ruth and Janie - hope you guys are doing well.

I'll talk to you's tomorrow, buddies!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-03-2002, 07:41 AM   #22  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello all ~

Since my posts will be short, I want to come in here often. I really appreciate you's guys. I mean, this time of year gives me something to think about and I feel guilty not having these thankful and joyous feelings throughout the year. I am truly blessed in my life....at home, at work, my husbands work etc. but also, here too ~ all of you have been such a wonderful joy in my life. My means of support through the rough 'diet' times and then, my gallery of cheers when I do well. I just wanted to say thank you for being here and I don't know what I'd do without you's guys.

Have a warm day....it's supposed to be extra cold here today and the next 3 days....in the 40's!! (high 40's but still....brrrrrr)

Love you's guys,
Me <><
Old 12-03-2002, 10:24 AM   #23  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne!!! Say it isn't so! You will definitely continue to come here...we'll rename it, change your birth certificate, whatever it takes to keep you here

Okay, gals......what'll our new name be? We've got to come up with something by this evening, so we can begin posting under our new name tomorrow in honor of Dianne's birthday.

How 'bout FAB 40's AND BEYOND.....or........

someone can definitely come up with something creative, funky, which reflects this group.

love,
~Jen
Old 12-03-2002, 05:39 PM   #24  

Thanks Jen!!! If you could change my birth certificate I'd be ever so grateful

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 12-03-2002, 06:07 PM   #25  

Thumbs up

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I just lost a long post!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE/AMIGA!

Hugs,
Es
Old 12-03-2002, 06:56 PM   #26  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Happy Birthday Dianne!!!!!!!

and don't think we're kicking you out. We will surely change the name to something else. :-)

later you's guys

Me <><
Old 12-04-2002, 05:18 PM   #27  

Hi all!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!!!!!!!!!!! You stay right where you are!!!!
I don't blame you for making it more simple this year. My in-laws gave my kids gift cards for their birthday and they loved it. They felt important picking out what they wanted. They older kids LOVE money. I have always wanted to get money since as far back as I can remember. I still get excited.

Jen,
My parents went to table top trees. 2 of them. My kids are still confused. I think 60 is a good age for a table top.
I saw that Dr. Phil show. It was good.

Es,
Yes, I heard that next year is the last season for the Sopranoes.
My husband loves it.
I hate the crowds too. I have a little left to do. I will go with Brittany this weekend and get the rest. I have a Christmas Party to go to this Sat. I am not looking forward to it. The hosts are SNOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will drink early and then maybe I will have a good time.

I am all done decorating. I bought cookie dough from a fund raiser for Britts and they are the only cookies I am baking.
I am simplifying it too.
There is a book by John Grisham called
Skipping Christmas .
It is SO good. Really a great Christmas read and it only has 176 pages. I got it for $8. Bruce is reading it now.

I'll talk to you soon.
Hi Zoe, Ruth and Janie.
Terri
Old 12-04-2002, 05:24 PM   #28  

10 Little Weight Watchers

10 little weight watchers joining in a line,
one hated vegetables, then there were nine…

9 little weight watchers say, "This is great."
One said I don't have time to exercise,"
then there were eight…

8 little weight watchers say, "This is heaven."
One had a birthday, then there were seven…

7 little weight watchers, getting thin for kicks.
One said, "Programs and fun just don't mix,"
then there were six…

6 little weight watchers, see how they thrive.
One said, "Just once won't hurt,"
then there were five…

5 little weight watchers beating at a door.
One weighed and left each week,
then there were four…

4 little weight watchers from fat getting free.
One heard, "Dear you're getting too thin,"
then there were three…

3 little weight watchers see how they do.
One went on vacation, then there were two…

2 little weight watchers, life has just begun.
One got off the program, then there was one…

1 little weight watcher standing all alone,
the body's gotten little, how the pride has grown…

1 little weight watcher,
at goal she (he) looks divine…

We, each one of us, can be that one
and not the other nine!!!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:32 PM   #29  
Queen of the Fresh Start

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIANNE!
Hope your day is everything you want it to be. No one has suggested any new titles for this thread we'll wait and see what happens.

Terri,
that poem is too cute...and I've been every one of those wwer's! they just about covered every situation, haven't they?

Went out shopping today and I'm beat. Just have to pick up a few tiny gifts and I'm finished this is the earliest I've ever been done. Now just have to finish the tree!

have a great evening,
~Jen
Old 12-05-2002, 08:30 AM   #30  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello everyone

Thursday is here, almost Friday and I am at the tail end of my decorating and shopping. I think I'm going to love being finished with my Christmas shopping early so I can enjoy the holiday for what it really is. I've never finished early before ~ always said I wanted to but never did, so this is too cool.

Dianne ~ Hope your day was a good one.

Terri ~ You're finished with your decorating? I am so jealous. That book sounds good. I'm going to look for it. Thanks for the cute poem.

Jen ~ This is my earliest to be done with my shopping too. It feels great, doesn't it??

Es ~ how was your day off yesterday? Hope you relaxed some too.

Have a great Thursday!

Me <><
Closed Thread