Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 09:14 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Red face thursday

I have to go to the dentist.

I hate the dentist.

I have had a horrible week. Thinking about searching for a new job, moving back to MA near Boston...everything has been very stressful. I had a bad eating day yesterday too because of it.

Just starting the thread, be back this afternoon to add more.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:34 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi everyone!

Hi all, I know it has been like forever since I posted last, but I wanted to touch base with everyone and see how you all are doing.

Remember I tried the Richard Simmons thing......HATE IT!
I went back to WW and I am so glad. I really do love the program.

I am going to try to post more, I feel bad for dropping off the face of the planet. Eating is going well for me, I am happy with my progress. My goal right now is a pair of pants that are REALLY tight. I can get them zipped up now (couldn't about 2 months ago) but I certainly can't wear them comfortably. My first goal is to get them to fit comfortably, and after that to get them so loose that I can't wear them anymore! I know it will take awhile. But I am in for the long haul.

Lori I don't think we have met. My name is Angie and I have posted to this thread on and (mostly) off for a couple of years. I am sorry that you are not having a good day, and hope that it looks up for you soon. Hang in there!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:42 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone... Me again. No new illnesses to report. Holding steady!!!! Hee hee!

After work we get to wait in line to sign Emma up for swim classes. She LOVES to swim. Other than that... boring life. Hubby is so out of it with his prescriptions. He let the dog out last night and forgot. It was cold and snow flurries. 45 minutes later (after he went to bed) I was walking through the kitchen wondering where she was and I heard a body slam against the patio door. 70 pounds of dog trying to tell me "LET ME IN". Porr thing. She has lots of fur tho and didn't seem too cold. I am sure she was out playing!

OH and I forgot to share what Emma said to me the other night. She patted her tummy and said "my baby". It was so cute. Now she thinks she has a baby in her tummy!!!

OK, back to work for me. Blah kind of day that makes me want to curl back up into bed!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 12:02 PM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hellooooo????? Where on earth is everyone????? Come out and post you lurkers!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 12:07 PM   #5  

Hi, I am here, just not much to talk about. Going X-mas shopping tomorrow. Hope to get it all done in one day.

Anything exciting for anyone else?
Old 12-05-2002, 12:24 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Everyone must be out Christmas shopping. My boss has gone away for a week so I'm hoping on line early. She left me with a few things to do but they won't take all week. Things are really slow right now. My sister and I had such a good visit last night. Our lives get so busy and we might see each other every week (we only live 15 mins apart) but there's always other family or friends around. It was nice to have her all to myself for a bit. We made the Pasta Chicken bake (WW recipie) - it was amazing. I have some for lunch today and she took some home too. It made an awful lot. Does anybody watch Amazing Race? Last night was a good episode but some of the contestants are driving me crazy.
Lori - I'm going to the dentist but the first appointment they could book me for is February. I'll have lots of time to work up some fear. Try not to feel so stressed. Everything will work out.
Angie - nice to "see" you again. Sounds like you're doing well. How are the little ones?
Jen - Swimming is the best! It's also good for strengthening your back, if you get a chance.

I'll be back.

KT
Old 12-05-2002, 12:33 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Hey, I am here too - just super busy. I am leaving for the Yukon on Tuesday so I have a bit more time to prep for this open house but not much more . Not much else doin' here!

I went for dinner with my friend last night - she is 22 and just married again (I was in her wedding party) and the first marriage he was an abusive jerk. She knew before she married him but she was 19 and figured she couldn't let people down (learned fast that others don't matter) and then she met this other guy last fall - she wasn't even divorced - and he immediately moved inot her parents house. By spring they were engaged and October married. Now, I don't like him b/c he does the same thing the other guy did - he makes her feel stupid and he has a bad temper - I have had to console her on the phone time after time. Once she changed the locks. When she asked me if I thought she shoudl marry him I said no. She still asked me to bein her wedding though. But I can't stand this guy. His personality bites, For example the first time that he met me and b/f it was at her b-day party last fall. we were bowling. My b/f started to win and he got so competitive that he went and sulked at the back. He is also 10 years older than her and 6 years older than me and b/f. I didn't want to say I told you so when she started to complain about him last night.

But that said, she is a great friend and really funny, spunky girl. I want her to be happy so I gave her some suggestions as to how she can work through things. I told her me and b/f didn't really get into our groove until the past several months, adn we've been togethr for over 2 years. Maybe it will work out in the end.

SIGH - other people's relationships....

On a lighter note, I only ate sushi for dinner - very low points!! Yay me! But tonight b/f is making STEAK YUM so I have to watch it today. Unfortunately I am PMSing and very hungry today. I only at 3.5 hours ago and I am STARVING!!

DAMN TOM!!

OH good news - Carmne is up to 9lbs 11oz and doesnt' need to see the doc until Dec 23! She is doing really really well!!

BBL
Old 12-05-2002, 12:35 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Lori good luck at the dentist!

Angie welcome back!! Richard simmons isn't half as cool as fergie Glad you are posting again!

Jen - good thing you haven't contracted any other illnesses - feeling better at all?

KT - I see my sister with the girls about once a week, the other less than that - they live across town but my other sister doesnt' seem to want to do much- I have to come to her or I dont' see her at all....but I still love her - ah, sisters...

Well, REALLY back to work....
Old 12-05-2002, 01:17 PM   #9  

Hello everyone-I've been lurking-congrats to my namesake for making Goal!
Things are OK-just trying to hold my own WW wise...think I'm doing ok...tonight is DH's holiday party...MM-good food-the good news is, I can't drink too much b/c I have to drive home...

I made the crockpot Salsa chicken the other day-delicious! Does anyone have any good beef recipes for the crockpot? I am getting so tired of eating chicken!

I'm going to go catch up on some posts-Hi to everyone, Hi Angie
Lori
Old 12-05-2002, 01:40 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default ok, i'm back

Angie - Nice to meet ya

LoriD - Thanks a lot! I really don't think I truly reached goal since I weighed in on a Saturday morning instead of a Thursday night like I normally do, plus I could tell last Saturday was a "good day" you know, one of those days you get on the scale and weigh about 3 pounds less?

I'm supposed to have WI tonight, but there's already about 3" of the white stuff on the ground, with 5" more expected by the time I wake up tomorrow so I don't know how I'm going to feel about driving. When I came back from teh dentist, the roads were not good at all.

The dentist wasn't too bad. I have tons of problems tho, and had a lot of work done when I was little. They pulled my jaw forward becuase I had such a big overbite when I was little, and now I have TMJ becuase of it and have to have surgery. I'm telling you, I really don't like dentists. This guy was ok. I have only lived here since May and it was the first time seeing him.

I'm in a chatty mood today, but all I have to talk about are bad things and I would just sound like I'm whining so I'm gonna stop here. For everyone else who got snow, be safe and careful when you drive home!
Old 12-05-2002, 05:20 PM   #11  

I hope you all have a great weekend. I am off tomorrow to do my X-mas shopping. So, I will catch up with you all on Monday.

Later!
Closed Thread