Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 07:18 AM   #1  

Default Night Owls #53

Remember me? Well I have been missing as usual but nowI am back.

I will try to go back and read the posts as soon as I can so I can catch up on things.

Been real busy with work and life, just can't seem to get it all done. WW, same old same old, still trying to get on program.

Hello to everyone

Brenda
Old 10-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #2  

hey guys...well I had an OFF week the whole week. I was over on my points every day. Stinks, but oh well. As of today...I am not going to be doing that again! I cannot have it! I've been drinking a gallon of water for the past two days. Today is the third. Haven't eaten much, just some 94% fat free popcorn and some coffee. Going to Jeff's niece's birthday party tonite. That is at 6:30. I plan on behaving and not having any junk food..yeah right, we'll see how well I do! I need to be held back probably. So, I weighed myself this morning and gained 1lb back from being off the whole week. I"m going to try to lose that 1lb and another 4 to go along with it.

Anyways.....I sure hope I'll beable to find the threads once it's moved.

Talk to you all soon.

JANA: my name is Erica......
Old 10-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi Owls,

I spent the weekend out of town. My younger DD and a friend of hers walked for charity - The Alzheimer's Memory Walk, and so we left a day early to do some Christmas shopping. I got some Care Bears for the granddaughters. Remember those?

One unexpected thing happened though, that I need to talk to you guys about. We put my mil in the nursing home, for supposedly just 3 days while we were out of town. We were planning to place her permanently in the nursing home after Thanksgiving. Anyway, she slapped 2 different nurses and tried to get out the door several times. Long story short (or is it too late for that??) the nurses advised us that if we are planning to place her in a home soon, maybe we should do it now so she doesn't have to get used it the transition again. My DH and his siblings agree. But I feel so very sad that she is gone. I have taken care of her for the past 2 years, and hoped to avoid a nursing home all together. But she has become too much for me to handle, and I knew she had to go - I guess I just wasn't ready for it yet....

I lost again this week - 3.5 pounds, for a total of 12 1/2 pounds. But while I was out of town, I went over points two days. In the words of Confererate Railroad, I needed a little time off for Bad Behavior!

Erica - what a pretty name! How did you do at the niece's b/d party? Lets all keep each other OP, okay?

Brenda - Nice to meet you! I'm looking forward to knowing more about you.

Freddie and Candice - where are you??

Well, thanks for "listening" to me vent. It really helps.
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 10-20-2002 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:54 AM   #4  

HI Jana:

I am here, but real busy.Son visiting from California and busy with doctor appointments. It seems I don't get announcements that messages are here for me to read and that might be because I am no longer with earthlink.net. My new Email address is [email protected]. I don't know who to tell about my new Email address. Maybe I am suppose to inform somewhere on the 3fatchicks site but I hate to start being a new member all over again. I might ask Brenda what am I supposed to do. I think it was Brenda who got us old Night Owls to come over here with the 3fatchicks.

Freddie
Old 10-23-2002, 02:27 PM   #5  

Hi There,

Jana, I am looking forward to getting to know you too, unfortunately I am not able to be around much lately. I started the night owls many years ago, actually I lost count, maybe 5 or so years ago. Everyone here is just wonderful. Welcome to the nest. I saw that you were a new grandmother. So am I. My first grandchild was born on Sept 12th of this year, unfortunately my daughter and he live in Va but I am hoping to get them up here over thanksgiving for a visit.

Freddie, if you want to change your e-mail address with the board just go up to the top of the page and click on user cp, then click on edit profile and you can delete your old e-mail address there and put in your new one then you will be able to receive e-mail notifications again.

Hello to everyone, PJ, Setina, Emmy, Erica, Sue, Judygal and all you other missing owls. Come out and play.

Love
Brenda
Old 10-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi Owls,

I still feel real sad about m-i-l, and my heart isn't into chit-chat right now, but I wanted to drop by and say hello.

I'm doing well OP, and one of my sisters is doing the points now too, so that helps.

See you later,
Jana
Old 10-25-2002, 12:00 AM   #7  

HI.....I'll have to go look at the other thread too.....was on here last week and our power went off and messed the puter up..Had a flu shot today and and had my hair trimmed and shopped, need to get things ready to take for Christmas when we go to my moms at Thanksgiving. It is approaching way too fast this year! It has been to cold for me to do fall yard stuff too!

Thought I was up two pounds but it must have been water cause it was gone today! What a relief............Been trying to eat in the middle of my pts most days whne I get no exercise!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 12:02 AM   #8  

Jana...so sad and I dread when my mom has to go to one it really disorients them I know.....Hugs(((()))) to you and your family Are they giving her a sedative or something to calm her?
On your weight loss!

Last edited by Candicej; 10-25-2002 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2002, 04:34 PM   #9  

Brenda: I knew I could count on you to tell me (so I could understand) how to change my email address. I just did it!!! Thanks. Freddie
Old 10-25-2002, 11:04 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi Owls,

Candice, my m-i-l is doing very well! She hasn't given them any trouble at all, and I think part of what made the transition better was the family pictures in her room. We put them on the walls before she got there. I guess in her mind she thinks she's supposed to be there, since the pictures are hers. It is such a relief that she is happy. I went to see her today and gave her a manicure.

Now that I have some time to myself, I might take a vacation. I have a sister who lives about 5 hours from me that I've been wanting to see.

I'm doing fine OP, and am drinking a lot of water. Maybe soon I'll start exercising regularly instead of when the mood strikes.

Have a good weekend.
Jana
Old 10-26-2002, 09:25 AM   #11  

ok, so telll me that a late nite meal before weigh in morning will slightly change the results you will see the next day! I lost 3lbs, but think it could have been more if i had not gone to denny's and ate with a friend and Jeff last night. Don't get me wrong, I"m not complaining about the 3lbs, but i'm really excited to get below the 200 mark you know? god I havent seen anything under that in forever!

Jana--I'm glad to hear that your MIL is doing well. Pictures do help a great deal. She is just like a child and little things comfort her. If you make a place away from home feel and look kinda homey she'll be comfortable. Has she made any friends yet from being there?

Freddie--How's the visit going with your son?

Brenda--Hey! how are you doing? Don't be a stranger we missed you!

Candice--good job at keeping those lbs off

Off to the library I go. gettimg some books for the kids at work and then later jeff and I are going to go see a movie. THEN I am going to carve our pumpkin
Old 10-27-2002, 03:33 AM   #12  

Jana...I was so relieved to read about you MIL...we did that for my Aunt too. WE have a picture board set up in my mom's house just so she will have a current piture of us all in the same palce and we can remind who we are. Did you see on the nes that eating fish is supposed to help with alzheimer's..I better eat some...it is on both sides of my family!LOL

Erica...Bravo to you too! Getting under the 2oo mark you must be feeling pretty darn good!

Hi Freddie........you can take your bullet proof vest off now! Glad you got your email changed too!

Got a potluck today........Hummmmmmmmmm
Old 10-27-2002, 03:34 AM   #13  

silpat baking sheets...............do you use them?

http://www.jbprince.com/product.asp?0=289&1=297&3=2627
Old 10-27-2002, 06:01 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Hi Owls,

Candice - I haven't a clue what a silpat baking sheet is. I just got used to the Air-Bake ones, lol. Let me know what they are, okay?

Erica - You'll make it next week, I betcha. You've done GREAT so far! WHat movie did you guys see?

Freddie - where ARE you?? How's the visit with your son going, and how do you like the new internet server so far?

Brenda - My anniversary is 9/12, when your grandson was born. And my birthday is 9/11, which sort of stinks. Hope you get to see him at Thanksgiving. My DD and family live right out my back door in a modular home here in the country, for which I thank God. I waited too long to be a Grandma, I don't know what I'd do if they were far away.

Hope I didn't forget anyone.

I have had a terrible time staying OP. I got all upset with DH"s sister, who is a witch on wheels, and being an emotional eater, I started to binge. Why do I let someone like that effect me? She is so jealous of my relationship with her mother, but sure never offered to take over with her care. Tomorrow will be better, right???

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Talk to you soon.
Jana
Old 10-28-2002, 06:04 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

Everything is going well here, still eating too much though!

Jana, hi there!! wow that is great having them live by you, you are very fortunate. I am an emotional eater too so I can symphathize with you, gosh I eat for every emotion, Yikes!! I have been off program for a few months now, after losing 63Lbs now I have about 15 of those back on and really need a kick in the but. Anyway, hang in there with everything that is going on with you.

Hi Candice, how's it going girl?

Erica, wow 3#'s is a great loss, enyoy it. It is good to see you in the nest, missed ya.

Effenbee, You're welcome, no problem, just glad I could help. How are things in Virginia?

PJ, where are you???

Gotta go, see you later
Bren
Closed Thread