Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 07:19 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls #60

Hi everyone,

Oh my gosh, I am so embarassed. It has been so long since I have been here. I mean like a real long time, maybe a year, I don't know. And ofcourse during that time I have unhappily gained back 30lbs, Yikes, I am back up to 184.5! I am not quite sure I am ready to get back on track either but I guess coming back here is a first step. I won't be here often but I will do my best to be here when I can. I always think of you guys and have not forgotten what the owls have done for me in the past.

Love
Brenda
Old 08-19-2003, 08:09 AM   #2  

Default Thanks Candice!

Hi Candice,

I looked through some of the recent threads and saw that you have really kept the thread going, great job! You are a true Night Owl. Hopefully some of the old night owls will be lurking and pop in to say hi.

Bren
Old 08-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #3  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

I am lurking...I "fly" by every so often and I am embarassed as well that I have not landed long enough to say HELLO!

I have lost pretty well this past year but I have been at a standstill the last few months. On the bright side...I am pretty good at maintenance. I am hoping that the upcoming FLEX Plan will help get me going until the holidays when I plan to go back to Maintenamce until the first of the year!

Here's hoping that some more of the nightowls will stop by.

Thanks Candace for keeping the owls going!!
Old 08-23-2003, 02:22 AM   #4  

Hi glas! So good to see you flying back in..hope you nest awhile!

Finally some relief from the heat! Still picking cukes and zukes and tomaotes too!

I had my mammo yesterday and then went shopping...got two new pair of Birkies, the garden clogs and some sandels and then of to Kohl's for their big sale and spent way too much! Then off to Kroger for some food and got home at 2 AM and it took me untill 4Am to unload and put everything away. Needless to say I am exhasted now! Took a sandwich and snacks with me so ok on the food and water.

Trip is sept 5th and reservations are made but they still will not guarentee them and I taked with the hotle directly.

The dog is holding her own so far.
Old 08-24-2003, 05:23 AM   #5  

White gazpacho 7 (1 cup servings) 1pt

Serves 7

4 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 cups Homemade Chicken Stock Homemade Vegetable Stock, or low-sodium
canned
2 cups sour cream
1-2 teaspoons coarse salt (to your own taste)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Chopped tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish (optional)
Coarsely chopped walnuts, for garnish (optional)
Chopped hard-boiled eggs, for garnish (optional)
Freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)

1. In the jar of a blender, combine 2 cucumbers, 1 clove garlic, and
1/2 cup stock. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Blend the
remaining 2 cucumbers, clove of garlic, and 1/2 cup stock until smooth;
add to bowl.

2. Whisk in the remaining 2 cups stock and the sour cream, salt, and
lemon juice. Cover, and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up
to 4 hours. Place tomatoes, parsley, scallions, walnuts, eggs, and
cheese in separate bowls. Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with
desired condiments.

this is wonderful..I made it today
Old 08-25-2003, 04:56 AM   #6  

Old 08-25-2003, 01:12 PM   #7  

hi nightowls! i work nites so i usually here after 11pm 80% of the time. if i'm too tired i post in the morning. i used to post here many moons ago. (guessing 2yrs)

i rejoined last week for the umpteenth time. i have different motivations this time. so far my first week has gone well. i have a little bit of a challenge on weekends though. i will have to work on that.

well, i have to get ready for work.

have a great day!
kathy
Old 08-25-2003, 09:28 PM   #8  

Default Hello Again!!

I am still not on program but trying to make better choices lately. I won't be here til next week probably. Wednesday night I am going to a concert, Aerosmith, Kiss and Saliva, then on Friday Mike, Mikey, and the girls and I are going camping up in New Hampshire, by Hampton Beach, it should be fun. It will only be our second time in the new camper so we are looking forward to it.

Emmy and Candice so nice to see you, it has been a long time, where is PJ?

corningKat, welcome to the owls, I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Gotta Go,

See Ya

Brenda
Old 08-26-2003, 11:43 PM   #9  

hey there nite owls! just got out of work. it's been a long and hot nite.

tomorrow is my first week weigh-in. i think i did ok. i don't think i had that first week water loss thing. i'll be happy with a couple of lbs.. slow and steady wins the race..

brenda- thanks for the welcome. sounds like a fun week lined up for you. the concert sounds especially good. i have tickets to see zz top and ted nugent on the sixth of next month and can't wait. that will be the most fun i've had all summer.

be back tomorrow to let you all know how i did.
kathy
Old 08-27-2003, 11:16 PM   #10  

Hi Nightowls!!! It is good to see some movement in the ole "nest"

What kind of camper did you get Bren? We love to camp and go every weekend. I was supposed to be off and go this week but I ended up having to work Long story.... It sounds like a nice place to go camping...ours is on a seasonal site on a lake in Southwest VA.

Hi and welcome KATHY!! I hope everything went well with your weigh in...looking forward to your report of Weigh in. Are you using the same name as when you used to post here 2 years ago?

CANDACE...Where are you going for your vacation? Sounds like you have some nice vegetanles. Were your flowers gorgeous this summer or did they get too wet?

Well I've got a busy day tomorrow but I will try and chech in more frequently.

Night
Old 08-28-2003, 12:22 AM   #11  

hi nigtowls! my 1st week went well. i lost 4 lbs. yipeee!!!

hi emmy! thanks for the welcome. i did have the same, but i think i had some # with it. it was a lot more active in this "ole nest" then. where is everyone??!!!!

have a good nite!
kathy
Old 08-28-2003, 09:47 PM   #12  

That is an awesome loss kathy....GOOD JOB!!!

Yes ..it used to be very active in here...but I guess life got in the way and a lot of nightowls stopped being up so late at night. WHen I first got online I was staying up until 2 am here and there. Well eventually I realized I couldn't maintain that pace, but I am usually around in the evening until 11 or 12 but not usually later than that!

Anyone heard from PJ? I know from lurking that she has had a lot of changes in her life...if you are lurking PJ please stop by!!

I got the new FLEX point info at my meeting tonight and I think I will like it and that it will help motivate me into some more weight loss!! I maintained tonight and after the week I have had and TOM ...I will take it!!

Hi Candace and BRen....see y'all soon
Old 08-29-2003, 12:04 AM   #13  

hoo! hooo! is there any nite owls around??!! (lol...bad humor)

emmy- i work nites so that is why i am here so late. i usually hit the hay between 2 - 3 am. i absolutely love the new flexpoints thing. i find it is so much easier to stick to. it is much more simplified. maintaining is wonderful if you've had a bad week. i hope you next week is better for you.

good nite owls!
kathy
Old 08-29-2003, 12:14 AM   #14  

Hoo Hoo I am here kathy..LOL

how long have you been on the flex points? We just got it this week and my meeting is on Thursday...so I just got it. I am glad to hear that you like it

Night
Old 08-29-2003, 05:32 PM   #15  

hey there! i have been on flexpoints for a week now. instead of a range you now have a target point and 35 flexpoints to use for the week. whatever your low range was, your set point is 2 above that. ex. mine was 24-29, my set point is 26. use the 35 lexpoints as you wish instead of banking. i choose to break it up thru the week. i give my self up to 5 per day. the journals are different. they kind of remind me of a checkbook. you write your target point and subtract as you go. then there's a spot to check off your flex points as you use them. i really don't know anything about maintainence. sorry!!

hope everyone has a good weekend!
kathy
Closed Thread