Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 07:18 PM   #61  

Thumbs down

Hi

Jen, my family always makes fun of me cause I'm always going for chinese food. You could tell it's in my blood. The weather has been so nice the past couple of days. I hope it stays this way for a while.

Terri, I want to see Big Fat Greek Wedding. I don't think Pete would want to see it. I'll have to wait till it comes out on DVD.
I don't know who the PinMonkeys are. I'm sure my niece knows. WTG Britt. They probably saw how cute she was that's why she got the hugs & kisses.

Jen, glad to hear Brandon had a nice birthday. What kind of cake did you have? You had quite a few people spending the night. That's sweet.

Amiga!!! Where are you girl?

Zoe, how was WI? I stayed the same. Not complaining. It's better than gaining.

I bought the worst frozen dinner! I had coupons for $1.00 off on the "New Health Choice Mixed Grills" well, they are the worst frozen dinners I ever tasted. First of all they are huge, high in fat & calories! I bought 2. The other one is in the garbage. Don't waste your money.

I order The Firm tapes. I'm such a sucker for those infomercials. It's the new one. Body Sculpting with Fanny Lifter. I ordered it Saturday & I just got a confirmation that it was shipped. That was fast!

Well, you all have a nice evening. I will be back tomorrow.

Love you's,
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 09-30-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:39 PM   #62  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello Friends

Just finished din-din and we're going to settle in for an evening of doing nothing for a change. Woo Hoo.....I'm exhausted tonight.

Jen ~ so glad that the birthday went well. Did the birthday boy get lots of nice 'stuff'??

Terri ~ wow, you sure seemed to have a FULL weekend! I want to see MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING too. We haven't been to the movies in about 2 months. I think it's time.

Es ~ let me know how you like those tapes. I can be a sucker for those things too but haven't watched any in awhile. Oh, I did buy business cards, personal ones. It just has our names "Patti and Greg blah, blah, blah" and then our phone number, my cell phone number, Greg's cell phone number and our email address. I'm always having to give that info out so I figured this would make it easier. Oh, and they are so pretty! There were so many to choose from. Hope the tapes come quick

Ok, so I lost 1.8 this last week for a total of 11.6 in 3 weeks. I am happy about it but disappointed at the same time. I mean, yes, it's a good amount to lose in 3 weeks but I used to lose so much faster....I guess the 40-somethings really are upon me.

Hi Sandy ~ Dianne, where are you?? I'm worried about ya.......

later you's guys,
Me <><
Old 09-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #63  

Hi Buddies,

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I am trying to get off my coaster and work my way back to following the plan. I always feel as if I am taking better care of myself when I do WW. It really boosts my self-esteem more than just about anything else. I exercised with Greg today, and then we went food shopping, I am trying some new Cooking Light recipes this week, as I have a little extra time. In other words, no trips into Boston for work until next week.

Zoe Girl!
You are doing just amazing 11.6 lb in 3 weeks
Your motivation is fabulous, keep it up!

Es,
I'm with you, I could go for Chinese just about anytime.

Jen, Good luck with your school choices, it is a great thing to do. Persistance is what will finally get you to this goal too. I admire all the studious ones here, I haven't taken a course in about 10 years.

Terri, I could really go for a movie like Big Fat Greek Wedding. I may take the afternoon off and go see it myself on Thursday.

Hi Janie, Ruth, Dianne, and anyone I missed

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 10-01-2002, 09:15 AM   #64  

Jen, Zoe and Es and Sandy,
Go see this movie. Soooo cute! I know Bruce will love it!

Es,
The Pinmonkeys are new. They are so cute.
Thanks for the heads up on the frozen dinners. Congrats for throwing it away. That is great on the maintain. You are so right. Better than a gain. Keeping it off is half the battle too.

Zoe,
That loss is excellent. Keep going and don't look back and wonder it isn't more. You are doing Great!!!!!!!!!

Jen,
That shirt sounds adorable and comfy and cozy.

Well gotta go and take a bath. My back is hurting and I need to soak. Bruce wants me to go to a Chiroprator. Has anyone gone to one?

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-01-2002, 09:39 AM   #65  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
did you injure your back? The people I know who do or have used chiropractors swear by them; I've never done so, tho.

Es,
thanks for the hint about the frozen dinners. I have either a WW Smart Ones or a Lean Cuisine for lunch most days. The portion control is a necessity for me. I've found that the Healthy Choice don't have as much flavor/spices.

Zoe,
the personal "business" cards are actually a great idea; I'm thinking they'd make a good Christmas gift. WAY TO GO on the loss!!!

Sandy,
The few recipes I've tried from Cooking Light I've really liked; let us know if you find any keepers.

I've got lots of errands to run, we're leaving Saturday for the Ozarks.

later,
~Jen
Old 10-01-2002, 09:49 AM   #66  

Jen,
Have a great time.
I have scoliosis. I wore a back brace for about 5 years starting in the 5th grade. It is now starting to hurt more and more especially getting out of bed. 2 women at Bruce's work had scoliosis and they said once they hit their forties they had more pain so they started with a chiroprator. I just might try it.
Terri
Old 10-01-2002, 12:51 PM   #67  

Welcome Back Sandy!!!!
I know you're bummed because the Yankees won the eastern division. There is nothing like the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry. I miss it from when I lived in Arlington, MA. We used to go to Fenway every time the Yankees were in town.

Es,
I am not on maintenance, I am still trying to loose those last several pounds to get to my personal goal of 143. I was just complaining that it is much easier to maintain (plateau) when you are trying to loose than it is when you actually want to maintain

HOpe everyone has a lovely Tues,

JanieD
Old 10-01-2002, 08:54 PM   #68  

Hey girls,

I took a few minutes to read most of the post for the last few weeks. Life has been so hectic since school has started. I'm taking 15 hours and spend all my time with my nose in a book.

Jen, hang in there. But if you really feel you can't make a decent grade with this professor, then bail!! I've had to do it with two classes since I've been in school. I feel like a loser each time I do, but I feel so much better when my grades prove I made the right decision.

What level of accounting is it? I took financial accounting last Spring and I'm taking managerial accounting this semester. I definitely preferred the financial.

Dianne, your cruise sounds wonderful! I love taking vacations, but I haven't been fortunate to go on a cruise yet.

Es, well, my Spanish class is going okay. I'm making an A so far. But I just don't know if I'll ever be able to speak this language. I'm getting comfortable with reading it, but speaking it is hard. Oh, and listening to it is even worst. I usually only catch a few words of a paragraph. Oh well, I know that it will get better if I keep practicing.

Terri, Brit telling you to "shut up" reminded me of an incident with my mother. Of course, I used the "B" word and fortunately for me she didn't hear me. She had come in my room to wake me one Saturday morning, I guess I woke up in a nasty mood, before I realized what I was saying the word slipped out. Boy, did I fly out of that bed after I realized what I had said. If she had heard me, I'd be wearing false teeth today!!

Well, I better get back to studying. Hello to Janie, Sandy, and Zoe, I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Hasta Luega
Ruth

Last edited by short & sassy; 10-01-2002 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:48 PM   #69  

Thumbs down

ZoeGirl, Es - I be here, I be here!! I just be soooooo busy, lol.

Sorry you guys, didn't mean to worry anyone, but since I've come back from vacation my job has been totally NUTS!!! You'd never think someone had temporarily sat in for me, I think my boss saved everything for me! Sheesh! Anyway, I'm here - how are you's guys?

ZoeGirl - You are doing "mavelous dahling". Please don't be disappointed - 11.6 lbs in 3 weeks is great! Keep it up (or down as the case may be) girl!

Es, mi amiga - what's up girl? I bet Pete would go see "My Big Fat Puerto Rican Wedding"

Terry - Did you watch ER from last week yet? I know you mentioned you taped it. I'm not saying anything cause I don't know if you saw it yet, but, OMG, what a shocker a certain part was, good lord, I had to cover my eyes! Let me know if you saw it.

Jen - Leaving for the Ozarks???!!! I really sucked at social studies and geography - where are the Ozarks??? In the south? Sounds like your'e going to the "Twilight Zone" Well, whereever they are, I hope you have a great time! Happy belated birthday to Brandon - it was my grandson Michael's birthday that weekend too and guess where he had it - yep - Chuckie Cheese!

Hi Janie - Glad you and Ellen enjoyed your girls night out - soooooo cool.

Hey Ruth and Sandy - good to hear from you guys. Hang in there with us, whether you're on program or not. It doesn't matter to us.

Well, I better get my butt off this machine, my show (NYPD Blue) starts in 3 mins.

I'll try to get back here tomorrow - talk to yous soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-02-2002, 09:22 AM   #70  

Dianne,
I SURE DID see ER.
OMG!!!!!!!!!
We screamed. That was a shocker for sure. Bruce was due home about half way through and I called him on his cell and told him not to come in and watch the end with us. I told him to wait until it was over and then watch the tape. We all went in and sat and watched him watch that part so we could see his reaction. Bruce watches NYPD Blue. Brittany likes the new partner. He was the Saved By The Bell guy.

Ruth,
Good thing you got out of that bed. Pretty scary stuff.
Good luck with your classes. Sounds like you are doing well.

Bruce called just as I was getting dinner ready last night and he said he got 2 step increases at his job. That means a raise so he wanted to celebrate by going out to a nice dinner. He told me it was up to me. How could I say no? LOL He picked The Outback. We never ever do that on a week night. Something told me not to eat lunch.
I went over by 3.5. I ate 1/2 of the big things. If I knew each grilled shrimp was 3 points I wouldn't have eaten them but they were good. I will eat the rest for lunch today. It was soooo good.

Hi Jen, Es, Zoe, JanieD and Sandy. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Terri
Old 10-02-2002, 10:51 AM   #71  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
You did tell us that you had scoliosis, I'd forgotten. Going to a chiropractor couldn't hurt, right? It may give you some relief from the pain.
Now I'm dying to watch that episode of ER! Joe taped it for me, but I haven't watched it yet

Ruth,
Managerial acctg. is the course I'm taking also. At least I got a D, 18 out of 33 students failed the first exam. I'm pretty much decided to withdraw, am waiting to see if a labor dispute at the college results in the teachers striking...if so, all credit classes will be cancelled and we'll receive tuition refunds (pro-rated, of course). I wouldn't have the guilt over wasting the money then. Good luck this semester, you have a full load again!

Dianne,
My sister bought a home in Arkansas, which is where the Ozark Mountains are....not as far south as Terri is, but definitely south of us. It may very well be the Twilight Zone that we're getting ourselves into; my sister lives in a town of only 800 people! I'm looking forward to seeing her, and getting Joe away from work. Not to mention the wineries we'll be going to on the way home ..apparently Missouri has quite a wine industry.

Janie,
Did you decide to have the biopsy done? It occurred to me that you haven't mentioned it. I hope all is well.

Hi to all

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 10-02-2002 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:39 PM   #72  

Jen,
I am having the proceedure on Friday Morning. Thanks for asking. I have been going through so much stuff lately that I haven't even been thinking about it. This past month has been horribly stressful. Still job searching, my parents and all of that baggage, Ellen starting at the new school, Steve got a new consulting project (on top of his full time teaching schedule), performance appraisal time at work, I'm in charge of the quilt raffle at my church (Would any of you like to buy a raffle ticket?), and of course my lump(s). They say the Lord doesn't give you more than you can handle but I have to say I'm getting close to my limit.

Es,
WI this morning and I gained .5 lb. I think after the surgery I will be able to get back OP 100% and hopefully get to my goal before the fatening holidays :tomato:

Zoe,
WTG girlfriend. Can you send some of that enthusiasm this way? I need some serious motivation. You are truely inspiring. Send me some of your :

Ruth,
Welcome back. We missed you!! Su espanol esta muy bien, amiga!!

HI to Terri, Sandy, Dianne!!

-janie
Old 10-02-2002, 04:24 PM   #73  

Jen,
I am SO GLAD I didn't say anything about it. Watch it before tomorrow.
Yes. I guess it can't hurt. I knew it would hurt when I got older. The spine presses on nerves.
I picked up this newspaper insert called American Profile.
It was so timely. The HOMETOWN SPOTLIGHT article is called
A SCENIC RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT. It is about Highway 19
that runs through the Ozark Hills. The Current River and the Jacks Fork River . It also talks about Eminence, Mo. "The Canoe Capital of the World". Then thay talk about the Mark Twain Nat. Forest. www.eminence-mo.com . It looks so PEACEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great time. Is this anywhere near where you are going?

Good luck JanieD. I will be thinking of you on Friday.

Terri
Old 10-02-2002, 06:32 PM   #74  

Angry

THE GANG'S ALL HERE!!!!

Ruth, we missed you & Sandy. An A in spanish is not too shabby. I speak slang. Typical Bronx girl. Pete speaks fluently. Dave doesn't speak it at all. I'm to blame for that. I never spoke spanish when he was a baby, unless I really had to. Now I speak it alot at work. They always have me translating. Glad you're back.

Terri, I don't watch ER but now I wish I had! Congrats to Bruce. I haven't been to The Outback yet. It's too crowded on weekends. The line is usually out the door. The shrimps you had must have been HUGE to be 3 pts. each!! As long as you enjoyed yourself that's what counts.

Janie, I'll be praying for you. You know you're going to be fine right? You gained so little. Must be water. I always blame it on water retention. Once all this is over you'll have peace of mind.

Jen, I didn't know where the Ozarks were! Terri says it looks peaceful. Sounds like a place I would like to go to. Enjoy it.

Dianne, I missed you! Funny about Pete with the PR Wedding. It's terrible when you go on vacation & come back to a pile of work. I feel like it's a punishment. You too with the Chuckie Cheese. That place drives me nuts but the kids love it.

Gotta go. I bought myself a McDonald's chicken salad for dinner. Time to eat & watch soaps. I already did my cardio. 4 days in a row

Hasta manana
Hugs,
Es
Old 10-02-2002, 10:41 PM   #75  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gang

Boy, I can't believe that's it goine to be Thursday tomorrow! This week has flown by. We are allowed to wear jeans to work tomorrow (and Friday, the usual jean day). Give $5 to breast cancer and wear jeans tomorrow.

Sandy ~Your attitude seems right on.....hope you got back on track now. I think once I passed by day #8 or so, it got easier.
Good luck!! Be strong.

Terri ~ Hope your back is feeling better. I've never been to a chiropractor myself but I know quite a few who have and swear by them. My daughter Jenna was "watched" as a child, for scoliosis but it never developed into anything major.

Jen ~ have a great trip to the Ozarks! It should be gorgeous there now with the leaves starting to turn.

Janie ~ I'm sendin' ya some of my : Right acha!!

Ruth ~ wow, an A so far. You're doing great. Be proud girl......I wish I could go back to school.

Es ~ I can't stop thinking about Chinese food.....UGH! I may have to have some this weekend.....what is the best choice for WW??

Dianne!!! ~ so glad to see you girl! We get so busy after a vacation, so much to do to get back into a routine. We're going on a cruise in February, for Valentines Day week.

Have a great evening everyone....

Me <><
Closed Thread