Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 02:12 PM   #46  

My special Friends,
THanks so much!!!! I knew I could count on all of you. I feel so ashamed of it some how. You don't expect abuse in white upper middle class suburban America, let alone in your own upper middle class suburban home. I guess the embarrassment is part of the process. Before I guess it was total denial.

Ellen and I went out and had a great time. We went to dinner at Strizzi's (Italian/California CUisine). She had fetuchini alfredo and I had sun dried tomato ravioli. We both had decaf capuchinos for desert. (Oh well, Not exactly OP.) Then we went and got a couple of movies and came home and watched one of them. We got "Ghostbusters" and "Big Fat Liar". It was too late to watch both. We'll probably watch the other one tomorrow.

Thanks again for listening,
Hugs
Janie
Old 09-25-2002, 08:20 PM   #47  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my Bud's

I can't believe that it's only Wednesday. I mean, this week is going soooooooo slow. Greg is in Ohio tonight and tomorrow so I'm 'home alone'. I made english muffin pizzas with fat free cheese. They were good. Now, after this post, I am going to log on to my bank account, balance my checkbook and write out some bills. What fun, huh?

Janie ~ Girlfriend, you know that we are always here for you and always have an 'ear' when you need one. You're a terrific woman and everyone here has said it so well.....you have done a wonderful job of breaking a cycle that could have gone on and on. Ellen is so lucky. Keep your chin up sweetie. This hugs for you

Terri, Es and Jen ~ Ok, I have to put my 2-cents in on the John Ritter show...after the first episode, I wasn't sure yet. It was okay and I actually did chuckle a few times. I figured that the kids just have to get better and that it was just that particular episode.....NOT!! This week went from so-so to just not funny. What brats!!

Jen ~ check out this site http://my.webmd.com/encyclopedia/article/1825.50544 maybe you can get some good info to ask your doctor about.

Dianne ~ I didn't realize that your childhood was as you described. You too are a wonderful woman that has made a wonderful difference in your life which in turn has been a blessing for your family, especially your children. Here's a special hug for you too.

Es ~ thanks for letting me know that Autumn has already begun. I'd have been waiting for it. All kidding aside, I love the fall weather and knew it was September.

Terri ~ how old is Tanner now? Gosh, I remember the photos when he was just a pup. Time sure flies, doesn't it?

Well, time to get to the bill writing. Hope you're all having a great evening. Talk to you's guys tomorrow.

Me <><
Old 09-25-2002, 11:40 PM   #48  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks, Zoe, for the link to that site. I've bookmarked it to check it out further tomorrow morning.

Terri, I can't believe Tanner is going to be 2 already! How the heck could those two years have flown by so quickly?

Janie, sounds like you and Ellen had a special time. That's so cool she'll remember those nights always.

I'm sorry to say that the class I'm taking is not working for me. I got a D on the exam. While I don't want to be a quitter, it looks as tho I may drop the class if I don't improve. I've got till November 11th, the last date to withdraw without lowering my GPA. The tutoring center has helped, but apparently not enough. This I cried on the way home and then again when I discussed it with Joe this evening. (But I know that's hormones....I cry during game shows now, lol)
One good thing has come out of this mess, however; I know now that I won't be pursuing an accounting degree! Meanwhile, I'll feel like I've wasted an entire semester, since I'm only taking one class; I will go back in January for the spring semester.

sorry about the whining...

HI to Dianne, Es....
Ruth and Sandy, where are you??
love,
~Jen
Old 09-26-2002, 09:39 AM   #49  

On the huge mouse!!!!
You can vent to us anytime. You are not alone with the grade thing and wondering what to do. I went through that once a yr. in college. It will all work out. I know you will make the right decision.
Yes, my baby will be 2. He has successfully made a place in my heart that I didn't think any pet would occupy since Bucky.

Zoe, Jen and Es,
I taped The In-Laws and Hidden Hills and will watch over the weekend and see if I like them. I also taped Persidio Med and will check it out. Tonight I have to tape Friends, Will and Grace and watch over weekend too. I watch Survivor, CSI and ER on the Big Screen on Thursday. Bradley is my partner for Survivor,
Britts and Brad for CSI and Bruce and Brandon for ER. We do the family thing on Thursday in shifts. We do this every year at the beginning of the seasons. Monday (CBS) and Thursday usually end up being the only TV nights that we watch so I hope I don't like those new shows.
Well, my dad came home this week. My mom sleeps with him now and gets up with him to take him to the bathroom every hour. He is on heavy diuretics. He is much better with his mind now which is great for her. She won't be getting out much. He is not as mobile as he was.

Zoe, Thos pizza muffins sound yummy.

JanieD,
Your girls night out sounded great. Brittany and I do that a lot.
It keeps us close. This weekend we are going to see Martina McBride and Trick Pony at our Big Spring Jam. Hope the rain stops tomorrow like it is supposed to.

Has anyone seen the Banger Sisters yet? I wanted a review.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 09-26-2002, 11:40 AM   #50  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thanks, Ter, for the support. This morning I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
You've got your tv viewing down to a science! I'm going to tape the NBC shows also, since they're up against CBS, which is my Thursday night favorite.
I was wondering about the Banger Sisters also; still want to see the Greek Wedding. We rarely go to the movies, will probably wait to rent them.
I'm glad to hear your Dad is home; while it's going to be alot for your Mom to adjust to, it's got to be better than having him in the hospital. Does she have anyone to help her?

later,
~Jen
Old 09-26-2002, 12:38 PM   #51  

Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to tell you that my WI was once again no change. 3 Wks in a row. How come I can maintain when I want to loose but when I get to maintenance all I don is gain?

Terri,
I am so happy to hear that your dad came home. I will say a couple of prayers for your mom.

Jen,
DOn't give up on accounting (if that is what you really want to do). GO and talk to the instructor. Tell him/her that you are having trouble and get him/her involved. Their job is to teach you, and from personal experience I know that they really want to do a good job at it. Explain that you have been going to the tutoring sessions and that you would really like to have some additional office time with him as well.

On the other hand, It could be just this instructor. See if the same class is offered next semester with a different Prof, then go and talk to him/her and discuss the difficulties you have been having. I have taught college courses and as you know my DH does as well. There is nothing more exciting to a teacher than a student that really wants to learn, no matter what the challenges. Good luck with your decision.

So much for my quick note

later,
Janie
Old 09-27-2002, 03:47 PM   #52  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Janie,
Don't fret the weigh in, you're doing an admirable job of maintaining.
Thanks for the words of advice. My instructor is the same one who works the tutoring center; he has helped me quite a bit. It's as tho I have a mental block against this class, that's the only way I can explain it.
This class is offered every semester, if I decide to repeat the class, I'll register for the instructor I had last semester...while she was "tough" I did well in her class.
I really appreciate your point of view on this, it has helped me look at it from different angles.

~Jen
Old 09-27-2002, 07:53 PM   #53  

Angry

Hi

Janie, how much do you weigh? Everyone that I know that's on maintenance has the same problem. At least you made it that far. WTG!

Jen, sorry to hear you're not happy with your instructor. Janie gave you great advice.

Terri, this is a great weekend to watch movies. It's very dreary here in NY. It's suppose to stay this way for the next few days. If we decide to go to the movies this weekend we're either going to see One Hour Photo with Robin Williams or City by the Sea with Robert DeNiro(love him). Glad Dad is home.

Zoe, I use to make those pizzas. David loves them. I use to make it with Pizza Quick. It's been so long since I've had them. Now I have the urge for them.

Just wanted to stop by to say

Till tomorrow.
Es
Old 09-27-2002, 07:58 PM   #54  

Thumbs down

Check this out.

http://www.eatyourbest.com
Old 09-27-2002, 09:42 PM   #55  

Hi Buddies, Hi Jen, thanks for thinking of me.

I have been coasting for a long time with WW, not really trying to do the program. I felt funny about participating here until I got motivated again.
I know you probably all remember all my anxieties about my Mom's and Dad's health issues. The bad news is that my Dad is continuing to deteriorate badly from Parkinson's. The good news is that my Mom is really learning to walk and be independent again, almost 4 years after her car accident.
I may seem to have developed a strange philosophy at this point. I have chosen to become incredibly busy this year. I took on the role of being chairperson of the governing board of our church. I also am working on about 3 database design contracts all at once. I don't know if I am biting of more than I can chew Ha! The thing is that I realized that my main focus has been taking care of my parents for the past 9 years. Ever since Greg started 1st grade, each fall I would say 1 more year to help Mom and Dad get settled and then I will pursue my own goals. At this rate I would be 70 years old and not feel like I did what I wanted to do! So I have taken on more and it seems to be working out...except for WW.

I have been trying to catch up on the messages here. I love the friendships that have developed. Everyone is so kind and supportive. We need this in our lives, we are here on earth too short a time to choose to be thoughtless or unkind.
Thanks to all of you!
Sandy
Old 09-28-2002, 07:55 AM   #56  

Angry

Hi My Buds

Sandy, WELCOME BACK!!! We were worried about you & Ruth.
I'm glad you're doing what you need to do for yourself. Do you have any sisters & brothers that can chip in & help with your parents? We've had our ups & downs with WW. You should still stick with us whether you're OP or not. This is your motivation & the support you can get here is better than the meetings. I know the meetings help but we have become close friends & could talk about anything & everything. Stick with us & you'll be alright.
Glad you're back.

It's a beautiful cool day today. Great for walking. I don't have any plans. I'll take it as it comes. We're going to the chinese buffet later. I eat lots of vegetables(broccoli, green beans) & chicken, a little bit of shrimps. Pete loves going there so why should I deprive him right?

You all have a nice day

Love ,
Es

Old 09-28-2002, 08:15 AM   #57  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning to all!

I'm getting ready to leave the house....nail appt at 8am and WW at 9:30am. I'm nervous about my WI. I mean, I promise you, I was 100%, I was, I really was.....but when I got on my scale this morning, it didn't show such a big loss. maybe, maybe a pound......maybe. If for some miracle, I get to WI and I did pretty good, I'm surely not going to be getting on this scale before WI ever again! If not, if I did't lose more than a 'point-something' or a pound, I know that it's just water and it will be really good next week. I refuse to let a small or no loss get me down or stop me from doing well.

Es ~ we're having Chinese buffet tonight too. I'm nervous. I absolutely LOVE rice, white or fried, and like you said, we cannot deprive our family of something they love so I'm going. Unlike you, I'm not a veggie or fish person ~ but I do like the broccoli when it's made in the beef dishes. (although I don't eat the beef).....so good luck to us. I for one will need it.

Sandy ~ welcome back girl! I too had been away for a month or 2 but it's felt so great to be back. I've done so well in the last 3 weeks and it's all because of you girls. I love it here and love the friendships I've made......my prayers for your family and your parents. I'm thinking of you.

Jen, Es, Terri ~ any other new shows you've watched? I've been disappointed somewhat, so far. Oh well.

Janie ~ keep your chin up on your weight staying the same. There is a woman in my meetings and last week she lost 3.7 lbs. She said that she was so excited because for the last 4 or 5 weeks, she's either stayed the same or went up and down the same 1 pound......so I think (and this pep talk is for me too for my WI today) that sticking with it will show a reward in the end. You're doing a great job of maintaining and THAT is equally important.

Dianne ~ where you be girl??

I'll check back later with my WI results, good or bad. Have a wonderful Saturday morning.

Patti and Zoe <><
Old 09-29-2002, 12:53 PM   #58  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy, I'm so glad you caught us up with everything that's been going on in your life. WOW you meant it when you said you have chosen to become busy...that's an understatement! You sound very happy, though, and that's important. That's great news about your Mom becoming increasingly independent. My prayers are for your Dad.
Don't let your weight loss interruptions, or falling off the wagon, keep you from coming here......we've all been in that situation. I'm here every day, yet haven't been successful in stringing together more than one week in a row of being OP.
The friendships I've found here are not based only upon weight loss.

Had a nice birthday celebration for Brandon yesterday; my niece and two of her girls spent the night, as did Jess and her family. We all live about 25 miles from each other, with our home being in the middle, so having overnighters is the best solution.

Bears game is starting.......see you later!

~Jen
Old 09-30-2002, 09:10 AM   #59  

Jen,
Glad you are feeling better about things. It will all work out.
Sorry about the Bears. I hate overtime losses. Steelers played their arch rivals, The Browns. We won in overtime. Wish it was on down here.
It must be nice to have overnight visits. Glad the birthday boy had fun.

Sandy,
I admire you! My prayers are with all of you. My mom did the same thing. She lived next door to her parents and took care of her mom and my mom had 3 little kids. First when my grandma was 52 she got a brain tumor and then a perforated ulcer, convulsions due to hypoglycemia and then eventually developed lung cancer which is what ended her life. She was 63. After all of that my mom said she would do it all again even though it was **** for (Only child) her because of how good my grandma was to her and she loved her so much. It is so hard whenever anyone close to us is suffering. Good luck to all of you!!!!

Zoe,
I hope it all worked out! I am thinking of you!

Es,
Thanks for the site. It is so cool!

JanieD,
Jen is right. Maintaining at times is just as important. People who generally regain their lost weight are ones that got frustrated when they kept maintaining (plateauing) and gave up. Never giving up and thinking that "Hey I could have gained 5 and instead I am still the same. Yay!"
Thanks for the prayers.

Well we saw the Bangter sisters. I will give it an ok.
I am going to see Sweet Home Alabama next weekend. I can't wait to see how backwards we are. It looks sweet.

I saw MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING!!!!! . I LOVED IT! It was my family except we are Italian. I am buying it as soon as it comes out. It was a sleeper all summer and then took off like a shot in August. It was made for $5 million and has grossed almost $150 million. Wonderful!

Well, we went to the Big Spring Jam and saw The PinMonkeys (Britts is in love again- she got to hug them and one kissed her on the cheek ) Martina McBride, Brad Martin, Trick Pony and Montgomery Gentry. It was a blast!!!!!!!!!!!
Now back to real life. Gotta go cut the grass. I hope this is the last time.
Have a great Monday everyone.
Terri
Old 09-30-2002, 10:04 AM   #60  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
go Steelers! winning in OT is great...too bad we didn't have that. I was stylin', tho.....Joe gave me an Urlacher navy Bears jersey! LOL, it almost comes down to my knees.
Sweet Home Alabama got good reviews here. Now I've got to see the Big Fat Greek Wedding! The media has been raving about the comeback you mentioned.
So cool about going to the Spring Jam and seeing all those acts. I'll bet Britts is still on

Es,
thanks for that website...very good. You and your Chinese food I'm probably the only person I know who doesn't like it , and it's Joe's favorite. Are you still having cool weather? Yesterday it was warm here, today it's supposed to be upper 80's...I'm looking forward to October, it's so cool and beautiful.

HI Dianne, Zoe, Janie, Sandy, Ruth

~Jen
Closed Thread