Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #61  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Lost Chicks!

I've lost some chicks and I can't seem to find 'em!
Paging LindaT, Deidre, Kelly, and Renee!

Now ladies, I know we're busy and the challenge is technically over, but no reason to stop posting and exercising! Remember our enthusiasm when we started? We must find it again!!

I just got back from the gym and doing 60 mins of cardio on the elliptical, putting me at 120 mins for the week so far. So lately I've been exploring in my mind how good I feel during the week when I eat healthy and work out and how awful I feel on the weekend (POST-INDULGENCE of course, because during the food/drink fest I feel GREAT ) I usually eat healthy for the four weekdays and then Fri-Sun every single meal is heavy in fat and calories, complete with desserts, chocolate, wine, etc. The calories of it usually balance out I guess because I've been in maintanence for over 3 years now (holding at 115-120 lbs) BUT feeling like crap is getting old. I've been toying with the idea of enjoying what I like what on weekends - but maybe not EVERY single meal. ...and also cutting out the constant snacking and chocolate/ice cream feasts on weekends. I think I'll feel much better not going through that sugar rush/crash for 3 days out of the week. SO maybe I'll make that my new challenge to myself in addition to the exercise. Sound good? It does to me!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

lwry-you are doing great!! i am with you, why do we work so hard during the week only to crash and burn on the weekends, then it takes at least one day to get back on track. maybe our challenge for this month should be to not overindulge ALL weekend. just a meal or two because hey we all need a little break, just don't break the bank.
well i was in a mood today so i only got in and hour and 15 of cardio and thenmy pilates class. hopefully tomorrow will be better. for those who read my plea for help this morning, well i made it through the day without any bingeing. boy was it tough!! hopefully tomorrow will be smoother and i won't have the urge to binge. hope everyone has a good night, and i also hope that you haven't yet posted because you are working soooo hard, not because you have fallen off the sofa with a spoon stuck to your face and are too embarrassed to tell us.
talk again tomorrow...amy
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 AM   #63  

Height: 5'5"

Here I am! Just popping in right now to say, I am still here and I will be back later to make a longer post and get in some personals! Until then, you all have a great, on plan day!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #64  

Sorry.. been busy at work. Of course I've been exercising so no wet noodle for me. Glad to see a few of you hanging in there. I think we should continue to plan to get 200 minutes a week (or whatever we planned to get) and do that through the end of the month. We can start a new formal challenge on the first, since so many people seem to like to start stuff on the first!

Amy, so why do you crash and burn on the weekend? You need to taka llok at why. If you find yourself tempted by "bad" foods, don't keep them in the house. if you don't have time to plan meals on weeknds, plan them during the week, pop them in the freezer so there are no excuses.

Jeepers Lwyr.. no wonder you feel like crap. Remember GIGO? This is about more than weight loss or maintenance . it's about health!

Lauren, toss out that candy if it's not gone. NO ONE needs it! . except I'd like some Jelly Bellys

Jenn, glad you go exercise. Come mop my house

Renee. - boo!! come back soon

I've been getting my 70 minutes a day and it's going well. Gardening has rounded out my week so I'm getting plenty of movement. Stomach issues are still around but I am managing. Doc appt on 26th where I suspect I'll be kept on Nexium, at least until my annual exam in August. I must say I haven't had one single tummy issue since starting this, when in the past I would have several minor ones every week so this seems to be a good thing.

Oh gotta go do work. Then lunch. !!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:41 PM   #65  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Welcome back everyone!

I think starting a new challenge on the 1st of May is a great idea. New month, fresh start. I'm keeping up with the 200 min challenge till then - 120 so far done for this week, hopefully another 60 tonight and maybe even some weights if DH comes along (I love his help with the free weights).

Yes, Linda, you are absolutely right about GIGO. ...and even if I'm fitting into my clothes, it doesn't matter if my body isn't healthy. So here's to having a splurge meal or two this weekend as opposed to a splurge weekend.

Amy, you are doing great with all that exercising at the gym. I usually go 3-4 days a week, but you are leaving me in the dust. WAY TO GO!

Renee, I know you've been making it on the tm lately also. Exercise coupled with good eating choices = weight loss!!

Jenn, I saw you went above and beyong goal last week too - WOOHOO! I totally can relate to being drop dead exhausted - I'm usually like that on Mondays and a bit on Tuesdays...wonder if that has to do with my BAD eating choices over the wknd.

Alright ladies, hopefully I'll make it to the gym tonight and if so, I'll likely be by later to report it. Have a good night!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #66  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Because of eating a whole foods diet for the past year and exercising daily for the past six weeks, I have the best legs for summer shorts since I was in high school 30 years ago!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #67  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Made it to the gym

WOOHOO, made it to the gym tonight for 60 more mins of cardio on the elliptical, making it 180 mins for the week so far!! All of DH's patients showed up today so he was EXHAUSTED when he came home so he didn't make it with me...SO he wants to go tomorrow and Friday. If I go with him both days, I'll be kicking some arse at the gym this week!! Which is great because I'm PMSing big time (expecting TOM middle of next week) and so I'm bloated and have the munchies! Working out atleast helps to counteract the munchies if not stop them.

Anyway, just wanted to report my mins for the week! Also, clvquilts, welcome!! Great job on meeting goal - I hate to say it, but I actually feel mantainence is harder than losing in the first place. It's a constant awareness - but definitely doable, just look at LindaT and other inspirational women on this site! Good to have you join us.

Alright ladies, off I go. Everyone have a great night. Much Love.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #68  

Good afternoon girls!

Yes, I have been getting on the treadmill, and last Friday, I believe it was, had a long walk with ds around the lake and park and then took the long way back, so we walked for about an hour. Yeah! I don't feel all revved up about exercise lately, but I tell myself that it is ok, as long as I just keep doing it. My body doesn't have feelings like my head, and it doesn't know that I am not all excited about moving, it just knows I am moving and either way, I am burning those calories. Afterall, can you really be revved up about something forever? LOL But still doing it, that is the real accomplishment, IMHO...

With that said, yes, a new challange starting the beginning of the month of May sounds wonderful.

Not much else happening here. Weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. Grass needs to be cut again. I am thinking tomorrow, maybe, after my volunteer hour at school.

Lwyr, good job getting to the gym. Maintainence scares the pants off of me....part of the reason why I am trying to be realistic with my goals...I will never be skinny, but I can be healthy and buy clothes in the Misses department again, not the Womans--so that is my revised goal. Afterall, this body has carried three healthy children to term and had three csections, I shouldn't expect it not to carry some baggage. LOL

Amy, the first part of my post is thoughts provoked over your loosing energy in getting to the gym and working out. "Honeymoon phase" over, on to reality. Just keep doing what you can do. You are doing wonderful and would you ever guess you would be in the place you are today in regards to exercise, even four weeks ago? Hugs!

Jenn, Woo hoo on all your progress.

Linda, glad the tummy is getting better with each day. It is astonishing the strides they make in meds over the years. Hopefully this is the magic bullet for you!

Everyone else! Love, laugh, be happy and move! If I forgot someone, sorry, I hope all is well!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

good afternoon chickies... this will be brief...
yesterday i did 45 min of weights and 2 hours and 15 min of cardio, had to make up for wednesday.. today i did my tae kwon sculpt class and i plan on 45 min of cardio. i would do more cardio but my asthma is out of control for some reason and i am not sure i can even do the 45 but i am going to try. i just won't push myself like i normally do.
oh yeah the good news...since i measured last month i have lost 2 inches in my waist, an inch in my bust and an inch and a half in my arms. i will have to check my body fat % preworkout. today i checked it post and it was up. the trainer told me you have to check before or it's not accurate so i will have to let you know if my body fat % dropped or not, also i have dropped 3 pounds. it's still down 7 from where i started on March 1, but only 3 since March 23. i think i am still eating too many calories so starting next week i am going to start food diary again and see what's going on.
have a great weekend ladies, i will post personal warm fuzzies next time...amy
Old 04-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #70  

Just checking in before the weekend (because we all know I don't usually make it here Sat/Sun)....
Got out today, and cut the front grass. Bagged it and everything. Pulled a few weeds and preened some of the beds, then I ran out of preen. I will have to pick somemore up this week. I walked to ds's school, to pick him up at 4pm and walked back. I am having one of those hungry days....although I have not succumed to eating any junk. I had a nice breakfast and was famished for lunch. At lunch I made a wrap with a leftover grilled chicken breast, la tortilla wrap, greens, chopped tomato, a tablespoon of feta cheese and a teaspoon (I measured) of Newmans own olive oil viniagrette. I also had a cup of tomato soup. Around 3, my tummy was bugging me again. So I ate a Kashi TLC bar. Got back from walking, and guess what? Hungry again! I had some sliced strawberries, sprinkled with splenda. And now...still hungry! Geesh! Dinner will be soon. Kids are going to have pizza. Think when I am done here, I will make myself a nice salad with the last chicken breast from yesterday. Too much food! Oh, and I drank 4 big glasses of water already...my bladder can attest to that, as I almost ran home from picking ds up from school, so I could get to the BR!

I took some photos of myself for my blog today. Looked at them and thought, OMG not only am I fat....I am old! So forget it, I deleted them. What a slap in the face...no wonder why I hide from the camera!

Amy, WTG getting all that exercise in. Yes, you must eat well to loose. No doubt about that. No matter how much exercise you get...you have to keep that diet in control. With as much as you have been doing, it would seem that you should get a "get out of jail" card...and eat what you want, but I have found that it just doesn't work that way. The two (diet and exercise) must go together to work. But still, you are doing great!!!!!!!!!

That is it for me know. Time to go get that salad going and order a pizza for the kids and dh.

Luv to you all!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #71  

Renee, I know what you mean about old. One thing about being fatter, I didn't have any wrinkles. Now? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh And my poor stomach appears like Sharpei dog sometimes Are you tracking you calories? How many do you allot yourself a day?

Amy, good exercise as usual and great inches lost.. Woohoo!! Hope you feel better!

Lwyr chickie. Careful. You are becoming an exercise junkie!! Who woulda thunk? WTG

I am leaving work in about an hour,t hen going to the grocery store and then bleed in my gas tank. I plan on a quiet Saturday at home and then Sunday I have to be at church due to a council meeting. Hope it is goes very quickly!! I'll be getting my step aerobics on Sunday as well as some yardwork exercise on Sunday so I am all set. Most of my food has been bought and menu planned so I'll be a cooking fool tomorrow

Have a great weekend and remember calories count on weekends too!! That goes for calories OUT from exercise.. so get some!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #72  

To answer your question, Linda, I have been tracking food on a ww spreadsheet Tammy sent me. I have 26 allotted points for the day, which really amounts to around 1400 calories. I aim for that, but some days go over. I don't bother with the flex points. I have tried to limit to 1200 caloires in the past, but then am just too hungry too much of the day. Today I had REAL hunger. Not just "eating to eat for eating sakes" hunger. Haven't seen the scale move in awhile. I haven't been too good at making sure most days I am at the 1400 mark though. I wish there was an easier way to be sure that the cals and points are all correct. I make alot of things, as you do, so it is not like nutritional values are right at hand, and then, I guess, I just guestimate. Probably wrongly. Dunno. Gotta figure something out!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #73  

Ahh but nutriontionals ARE at hand. I enter ingredients for recipes and then divide into servings. I know exactly what I am eating, since I measure and or weigh my ingredients.. except veggies of course. You can do this in Fitday or any other calorie counting program out there.

It is very possible you are over estimating. The old eye ball method doesnt work very well sometimes. It is also possible you are under estimating. Tha thing to keep in mind, if you are doing everything right, it's time to take a look at everything again to see if it can be made "righter" Not a word I know but it fits!

And that's my advice, like you even asked
Old 04-21-2007, 11:41 PM   #74  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Hello Ladies!

Haven't checked in since Wednesday I think, so I thought I would pop my head in! I did make it to the gym on Thursday and Friday last week also - which meant that last week I got in 300 mins of cardio. NUTS!!! I was so proud of myself.

I think it may have been a bit overkill, but it just worked out that way so I was happy. My body is exhausted so I took today off today, but I plan to get back to it tomorrow.

Of course, TOM is due this coming week so I'm bloated and not feeling like the exercise did much but I'm sure by the time it's gone, I'll be able to appreciate the results more.

My eating this weekend was better. I still ate/drank quite a bit, but tried to be healthier about my choices overall and I was successful Thurs-Fri. Today I splurged more than necessary, but tomorrow I'll treat as a regular weekday to make for it. Feels great not to feel too guilty about the indulgences!!

Alright ladies, enjoy the rest of your weekend. My Sunday will include laundry and dishes, but also a bit of makeup shopping and hopefully the gym. Much Love!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #75  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Happy Monday, chickies! Busy end of the week, busy weekend, involving another day up at the in-laws. Hubby's getting over a bit of a cold. Good friend of mine (10+ years) called on Saturday with some disturbing news, medically. He's going to be taking up a lot of my "free" time while he's recovering for the next 6 months. He's like a brother to me, and one of the few people who I would drop everything for. So, the scheduling becomes tighter, the prepping becomes even more critical, and my check-in calls to him will be done from the bike, or while being active. I need to find a headset for the cordless phone at home. Someone make me a list- I need a wife!

Food has been on target. Linda would be proud- at least 4-5 servings of veggies a day, and 3-4 fruits. Having fruit with both breakfast and lunch, and veggies with lunch and dinner. It's all falling into a nice little pattern. Sunday with the in-laws included lunch out at a mexican restaurant, but I prepped in advance by making sure breakfast was on the light side. Water- was godd except for Sunday. Exercise has been a lot more yardwork, and lots of physical activity that way. And I'm down 65.8 pounds so far, so I can't complain.

It's going to be a long day, and a longer week. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
Closed Thread