3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #76

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

good evening ladies..
first off LInda, i am so glad you are here. you keep me moving in the right direction and are such a good friend.
renee--i know how you feel about the points and cals and stuff. i make most of my food too so i have a hard time making sure the cal count is right. i am hoping the new scale will help with that. i guess the trick is to count each ingredient seperately. if you come across any secrets to that please let me know.
jen- you are such a good friend to rearrange your schedule to help your friend. also you have a very understanding hubby. my would be understanding to a point (as long as i didn't affect him)
lwry--you always have the best stuff to do on the weekends. this weekend aside from cleaning house and fighting with the children, let's see, hmmm. oh i know my excitement was i got to go to sam's club by myself..woohoo!! the joys of being mom
ok so now for my report...asthma was in check today but i had to work late so i only got in an hour of cardio and a half hour of weights. tomorrow is pilates so i have something to look forward to. and so far today my cals are still in check also but dinner is yet to come.. i am not feeling overly hungry so i think i will be ok. if i can just make through the night without any extra munchies, it will be a perfect day.
have a good night ladies...CCFN, amy

BF%: 45/44/25
Our greastest glory is not in never falling,
but with rising every time we fall.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #77
Sweet n' Sassy

Hello ladies!

I started my week off right tonight by making it to the gym for 60 mins of cardio on the elliptical. It felt GREAT to be back on track! I took Sat/Sun off because I went all five days last week and did 60 mins each day - my body needed the rest!

Anyway, just wanted to post quickly before I head to bed. Any ideas on the new May challenge? May is just a week away! I look forward to renewing my commitment to exercise and a hot summer body with a new challenge.

Have a good night ladies, talk to you soon.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #78

Morning everyone. Hope someone is enjoying a cup of coffee since I cannot. It's a nice Spring day here today and I think it might be the beginning of some warming. Good thing too since I have been using my poor space heater here at work a lot lately and I don't want it to croak on me

Exercise is going fine. Got 73 minutes Sunday, 70 yesterday and 70 this morning. Mostly all cardio since I have a wonky shoulder and cannot lift much these days. My stomach is doing okay. Still cannot eat very large portions but that will improve with time. I realized the other day that I had a big brain fart about this. Last time I got sick with this, it didn't take 6 weeks for me to be better.. it took 3 1/2 MONTHS for it to be back to normal. I forgot about the time I was taking other medications. Sheesh. Anyway, long road ahead. Doc appt Thursday where we'll talk about this as well as my shoulder.

Lwyr, no ideas other than the same 200 minute, unless some one wants to UP it?

Amy, I am glad you are here too! You've really gotten into this exercise challenge and that is wonderful.

Jenn, good for you on the fruits and veggies. My fruits and veggie consumption has been curtailed due to not having enough room in the tummy most of the time, but I am glad someone is getting enough. Veggies are going okay, but fruit is still pretty much offlimits unless it is cooked and I really don't care for it cooked. ick!

The missing people need to check in please!

My Recipes and Reviews http://ltrem.bravehost.com/
Old 04-24-2007, 08:11 PM   #79

Height: 5'5"

happy tuesday gals!

This has been and is going to continue to be a super busy week for me. I am going to try to sqeeze some exercise in somewhere though. I have appointments to something, every single day this week as well as the usual dropping off and picking up of the kids. So, with that said, I may not have time to get here much. Just warning you! LOL

Linda, is the fitday recipe thing for nutritionals included in the free version? Because, I swear, I have looked and just didn't see it. Can you eat canned fruit? Just wondering.

Jenn, wow! Sounds like you have been busy, but good about sticking to your plan...and it is great that you have found something that is working so well for you! WTG! You are going to be at 100 lbs lost before you know it!

Lwyr, good work with exercise....as usual. I can't believe May is only one week away already! Geesh. Ok, I used to be so excited for May (my bday) but I will be 42 this year...How the h -e -double hockey sticks did that happen? LOL Savor your youth, chickie! LOL

Amy, I hope the scale is the ticket for you. I don't know any secrets, but if I find any, I will pass them along...if you promise to pass any along you find to me! LOL

Make it a good evening chicks. It sure looks like spring is finally here to stay...and shorts season is just around the corner...but first, I need to get a tan on these pastey trunks! LOL
Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 PM   #80
Sweet n' Sassy

Gooooood evening ladies. Two days down, three to go...

Got to the gym tonight for another 60 mins on that darned elliptical. When they are showing something good/entertaining on tv, the 60 mins FLY BY. When (like tonight) there is nothing but news and ESPN, I get burned out. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the news - I read CNN.com and the NYTimes first thing in the morning at work and listen to the news on my drive in....which is precisely why I don't like to listen to it when I'm working out. Anyway, I got in my 60 mins, but it's definitely easier to do when I'm watching nonsensical programming.

Regardless, I got the exercise done and that's what matters. Food has been great, as it usually is during the week. TOM came today - and although I surprisingly had a "skinny" day, I'm feeling bloated and crampy now. Ah well, couple more days and it will start to wind down.

Anyway, have a great Hump Day tomorrow ladies - we're closing in on the wknd!!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #81

S/C/G: 212/145/125

Height: 5'5

Default Hello

Hi everyone! I'm new here and would love to join u all!! I want to be in the best shape this summer...and I've been doing really well..I'm addicted to exercising!! (which is lovely) I've been eating the whole foods way and have soo much energy that i actually enjoy exercising!!
M-W ~ cardio for an hour
M~ weights

today~ cardio+weights
and i think ill take the weekend off

good luck everyone...and i look forward on being a part of this inspiring, motivated group!!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #82

Height: 5'5"

checking in on Thursday...

It seems many are missing....including myself...hopefully everyone is just busy beavers! LOL I had said this week was going to be busy, and it has been. Haven't gotten much exercise in...partly because I am having a hard time finding time, but partly because I am just choosing to do other things...and that is not good. Linda, feel free to prod away. I will get back to it though. It has just been hard, because I am used to getting it done in the morning, and I have had places to go in the morning all week, and then, well, it just seems to get away from me. I haven't even had time this week to read any more of the Dr. Phil book.

As I mentioned earlier, tomorrow night we are going on a pseudo vaca, to Columbus, for dd's dance competition. We will only be gone that one night, but we are staying at a nice hotel, and that always makes it seem more special! LOL

Eating has been really not bad at all. Going over my points, but not eating junk. I have to get that under control as well. I know, that unless I am vigulent with food, nothing good will happen for me.

chickpea welcome! Your progress so far is impressive. We are glad to have you aboard!

Lwyr, I agree that without proper distraction, the elliptical time seems to just drag on forever...same with the treadmill. Sometimes I watch the music channels and just hate the commercials...because they just seem to mess with my focus...I agree, I couldn't do the news and exercise...and I definately couldn't do espn either...blah! LOL They should put some health channel on, that would be inspirational! I also like my trusty mp3 player...Sorry tom has got you down...Hang in there!

ok, I am off. There is a big storm abrewing outside and the thunder is getting louder and louder!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #83

Hi sweaty people

Today is my no exercise so I am enjoying it. I seem to need a rest day once a week so I really look forward to it. So no exercise for me to report today.

Lwyr, glad you are enjoying the eliptical. I wish I room for equipment at home. maybe when I win the lottery

Chickpea So glad to have you join us. You are getting in some excellent exercise!

Renee, life sometimes get busy and thats okay. Just as long as we are aware of the consequences of our choices, that's fine. But if your food hasn't been the best and you haven't been exercising, no getting mad at the scale!!

I saw my doc yesterday and she thinks I am probably more likely dealing with an ulcer rather than reflux, but there is no way to be certain unless they scope me and I am NOT going there as long as I am getting better. I am on meds for another month and beyond that, I can try and taper off. I still am banned from doing weights byt her because I have a tear in my shoulder that needs time to heal. The only weight I use is the TaeBo amped bar and that is only on some of the exercises. if it hurts at all, I don't use it. I can try and add back the foods I have cut out but I do not plan on attmepting raw tomatoes or any kind of coffee anytime soon.

So that's all for me today. Remember a new challenge starts on Tuesday but that does NOT mean you wait until then to start or get back at it. If you have been faltering, you start right NOW!

My Recipes and Reviews http://ltrem.bravehost.com/
Old 04-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #84
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Happy last day of April! Can you believe 4 months gone already this year?

Tonight is our annual meeting and elections for the board, which starts at 8pm. It'll be a late night, so I took tomorrow off, just to be on the safe side. It'll be nice to not have to worry about oversleeping. And then I can get a morning workout in, too, to make up for not doing anything tonight.

Here's hoping that May is our best month yet!

Read more about my struggles in my 3FC Blog

2007 Goal

Closed Thread