Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #31  
Sweet n' Sassy

Talking Finally Friday!!

Morning Ladies, It's FRIDAY!

Renee, thanks for all those warm wishes you sent my way - they worked, the court hearing went GREAT and I got a default judgment, which was the best possible outcome in this particular case. YIPEE.

Last night I did as everyone suggested and took the night off from the gym. But..umm...well, I was so stressed about court and DH and I treated it as our Friday night b/c he's on call Sat morn to Sun morn, so we ordered in chinese food (eggrolls, wontons, entrees, and all) and consumed two bottles of wine. I have to say though...it was worth it Tasted delicious! I don't think going out for ice cream sundaes at 11pm was perhaps worth it but all in all, we had a great night.

We're treating tonight as our Sat night so it will be more of the same (altho we're staying in, ordering pizza, drinking champagne, and watching the Good Shepherd). Tomorrow I'll be on my own for my girly day... sauna/nails/shopping here I come!! Then Sunday we're going out for our wknd brunch/Easter brunch.

I'll try to go to the gym tonight although I'm kind of stuck in "party" mode.

Amy, yes DH is only in his first year of residency - altho he becomes an R2 in about 2 months!! Two more years left - then he wants to do a fellowship and specialize further. It's a long road, but he loves what he does...at the end of the day, I think that's the most important thing.

Alright everyone, HUGS to you all - Enjoy your Easter weekends with family friends remembering what is important to you and taking a moment to cherish it.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

sorry this is late, it was a late night last night, but i am up bright and early this morning, gotta bake a cake.
anyway this will be short and sweet, yesterday (fri) i did my tae kwon sculpt class and 45 minutes of cardio. today i plan on doing 45 min each of weights and cardio.
hope everyone ahs a good weekend and a happy easter
amy
Old 04-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #33  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Monday Morning Blues

Good Morning Ladies - seems like a lot of you have been MIA! Come out, come out, wherever you are.

SO it appears that it is the 4th week of the challenge. I've met the goal for the past 3 weeks - altho the first week I went above and beyond and the last two I've just made it. I'm going to try and go above and beyond this week as well to end it with a bang!

It's a 4 day week for me as DH and I are heading to his hospital's resident's retreat on Friday morn. It's at a maritime/yachting village on the Chesapeake Bay and although the golf resort where we are all staying does have a gym, I doubt I'll be working out Fri-Sun. I guess that means that I gotta go today - boohoo. I do have my gym bag with me, but I'm so sleepy today because I didn't sleep much last night. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #34  

Did really good exercising even though I wa out of town.

2 hours this weekend of Dog walking on the beach. My legs are sore from all that deep sand!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 PM   #35  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Howdy, ladies. Happy Easter, one day late. Been a very busy weekend, starting with Friday evening. More issues with the old house- another water issue there. Got a phone call at 11:55pm, water leaking out, neighbor turned it off from the outside main. This is getting real old real fast. I'm so tired of all the crap, and just want the roof fixed so I can get the REST fixed and sell this stupid house. Grrrr.

Saturday, plans changed and we spent the day in the old house, trying to sort through and save anything that wasn't fully destroyed. Then, picked up mums on the way home for his sister and mother for Easter. And cards.

Sunday- entire day long affair with his family. Went to MIL & FIL first, spent 2 hours there, and had to help FIL with computer issues. After that, 6 hours at SIL's house with 2 young kids and 10 adults crammed into a very small 3 bedroom house. And everyone wanted to congregate in the small dining room, and kitchen. Hubby and I went to sit out on the patio with the 2 cats who have been banished. If not for the 3 at home, they would have been headed home with us. Poor things.

Anyhow, long story short- it was a weekend with lots of time spent doing things we really didn't want to. Came home last night, exhausted. And then off to work today.

The sunburn has peeled in all but the centermost area. That's still all puckery and wrinkly and feels like cracked leather. Ouch. Lots more lotion needed before that gives up and peels off. I think I'm back to WATP form, at least. I'll be hitting that as soon as I get home, and then, some house cleaning that we didn't get to with all the other weekend excitement.

I'll post my exercise either tonight, or tomorrow, whenever time permits. It's going to be a long week!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #36  

Afternoon ladies. Hope you all are well rested after your break last week while the taskmaster was under the weather, because I am back and it's time to get moving!!

Stomach is better, thank goodness. No cramps, just feeling very full after eating, some burning lips and tiredness. Regardless, those things are minor so it's back to the exercise grindstone for moi! I got in 70 minutes of cardio yesterday and 70 this morning. I am going to keep it at this level until I see my doc at the end of the month just in case over exertion played a part in this. While I don't think it was the sole cause, I think it might have been a factor, a minor one but still a factor.

Jen, sorry about the sunburn. WATP will be a good workout for you to do so keep at it.

Phoebe - oh sand walking is great. always makes my legs feel like jelly!!

Lwyr , no no.. you get to that gym. I am sleepy too, but exercise is non-negotiable. You will thank me for the prod later

Amy, thank for wielding the prod while I was gone. Good exercising. Hope you had a nice Easter too!

Renee - eeeeks snow. I've heard about hte crazy weather going on it seems everyplace but here. I hope your flowers survived!

Lauren , I didn't get a chance to welcome you so Glad to have you join us. Anyone that does yoga has my respect because all yoga does for me is make me hurt.

Takes2Long - I see you way down this post. Time to come back for more!! Another yoga person. I think I am sore just thinking about doing that!

Turtlebutt, we miss you. Please pop in to say howdy.

Mel, hope you are feeling well. We hope you'll be back soon.

Lots of other one time posters missing.. come back come back. Your thighs will thank you for it in a month or two when you want to wear shorts!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #37  

Height: 5'5"

Hello girls!

EAster brunch went well and am glad it is behind me now. Yes, it IS week 4 of this challenge. I am sorry to say, last weeks totals were really bad for me. OK, new week. 20min on the tm today. Still alot of snow outside, it snowed all friggin weekend, pretty much non-stop (that is what you get when arctic air passes over large bodies of water-ie..the great lakes) Today, the sun popped out a bit. Still cold. But the sun is warm enough this time of year to do some melting. They are predicting a slow increase in temps by weeks end. The kids are all home this week. DD is grounded for attitude. LOL She has spent the day grovelling, and I am diggin it. LOL

Dh and I got into another tiff...I am planning on sitting down with him and talking about this tonite...I really do love him and I actually miss being intimate (no, not the way you are thinking, although I miss that too, I mean on an intellectual level...LOL) I know we will work it out. Sometimes we just live our lives and get caught in the day to day grind, forgetting to make sure we make the other person feel like we love them.

Eating today has been ok. Breakfast was a deviled egg and a piece of rye toast with a smear of whipped butter, lunch was a 1/2 c portion of mac& cheese and carrots and green beans, dinner will be bbq chicken breasts and leftover roasted potatoes and veggies. I did have a few bites of a maple nut egg, my mother gave me yesterday...it literally was a few bites...it was pretty packed with walnuts...

Jenn, so sorry you are having issues with the old house. The market right now is so bad...I know alot of people with homes for sale that have been on the market forever...but I also know my neighbor was able to sell his home next door, without using a real estate agent, and he got what he was asking...so his luck went against the norm right now. I wish that luck for you! Sorry you had to spend the weekend doing things that you didn't really want to do...I have had many weekends like that, and quite frankly, when it's all done, it's like you never got a weekend! LOL I hope this week goes better for you...

Phoebe, I have to say I am wayyyy jealous that you got to go for a walk on the beach! You are right about the sand giving your legs a workout though! Good job!

Lwyr, weekend plans sound wonderful! Your weekend plans always sound wonderful! LOL Ah, to be young and kiddless! LOL Enjoy it while you can! Push yourself this week, but if your body starts to tell you to slow down, please listen!

Amy, good job getting the workouts in.

Unfortunately, I did not get any exercise in this weekend. So I am going to get my rear in gear and get some in this week.

Luv to you all! Hey, the sun is out again! Melt you icky snow, melt!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #38  
Sweet n' Sassy

Thumbs up I made it!

Good evening chicks! Well, thanks for the prod Linda - I made it to the gym. I honestly don't know how, because I was literally falling asleep in my office, but somehow the car steered itself to the gym. Once there, I pounded away for 60 mins of cardio on the elliptical.

Felt great afterwards (of course) and even had a burst of energy that enabled me to get to Target to do some much needed miscellaneous household shopping. Got home, DH and I had a yummy dinner, and watched our favorite CBS lineup of shows. Good day, and it feels great to be back on track after the massive quantities of food, drink, and chocolate I consumed this past weekend.

Linda, glad you are doing better and getting back to your routine. Great to have you back with that prod as well.

Renee, hope the talk with DH goes well, as I'm sure it will. It is so easy to get caught up in our day to day lives and forget to tell those who we appreciate how much we care. Kudos to you for making the concious decision to talk and express yourself.

Jennifer, hope that sunburn is better. Your Easter weekend sounded exhausting with all those family trips. Hope WATP is going well.

Amy, how is the gym challenge going? Good job on getting your exercise in!!

Deidre, did the insurance companies sort everything out? Hope you and DH have gotten everything sorted out, I know what a pain those accidents can be.

Alright ladies, tomorrow is Tuesday - one day closer to Thursday (which is Friday for me this week)! We can do it ladies, Much Love.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:21 AM   #39  

Good morning ladies! i was glad to see that for the most part everyone had a good weekend.

Lwry-glad you made it to the gym. you are doing great!

Renee-hope things went well with dh last night, i had you in my thoughts all night. Glad to see you moving though. it is so hard to think about getting in any kind of exercise when you have stuff like that going on. i am so proud of you for hitting the tm!

Linda...glad to have you back! these girls did ok under my prodding but i know they behave much better for you, we all do.

Jen- hope you were able to get some rest after such a busy weekend.

well the exercise challenge at the gym is going pretty good. as of last night i have earned 30 points! that puts me with the highest score, well except for you know who. he has literally TWICE as many points as me. the trainers keep telling me h e can't keep it up for another 3 weeks, just keep pacing myself and he will slow down and then i can catch him. even if i don't win I am still the winner, since i started the challenge on here (200 min a week) and now this with gym i have lost a total of 7 pounds and an inch in my waist!
i have also learned that i am important enough to take the time to workout. my family is getting used to me getting home a little later and doing more around the house so that i can workout. also since it is so late when i get home, by the time i get done with all the chores i only get to watch about an hour of tv before i goto bed, so that is good too. see, even if i don't win the personal training, i have still won so many other things.
hope everybody has a good day...amy
Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #40  

Morning ladies. Happy Tuesday. Thought I'd post here firt before I journaled for a change of pace.

I got in 70 minutes of cardio this morning (step and floor) and feel energized, dare I say even without coffee! This is day 9 without caffeine and I am doing okay. I sound like an alcoholic counting days of sobriety! Let's hope this feeling lasts a while.

Renee, hope you and DH got things aired out and get busy exercising! 20 minutes is good, but you and I both know you can do more.

Lwyr - some days we have to ignore the tiredness, the crankiness and the PMS and just do it. I think of all the times I have exercised and not really wanted to and I'd say 99.5% of the time I have felt better afterwards. it's the getting going that is the tough part. Good for you for ingoring your sleepy inner self.

Amy - good for you. even if you don't win the big prize, look at all the improvements you are making in your life. I don't think many behaved while I was gone. I hear lots of grumbling about missed exercise and over indulgence in food.. sounds like a bunch of naughties to me

It's all about keeping prmises you make to yourself. Are you keeping them and honoring yourself like you should?
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #41  

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon girls!

First off, let me say, Amy 7lbs and an inch off the waist is incredible progress!

For me, ok, Linda, I did 30 min tm time today, plus assorted floor exercises and plan to (no excuses, because I slept in and don't have to shlep the kids around this week) get back on the tm after dinner for another 30 min. Eating has been good today. TOM is due any day now, officially on Friday, but he has been showing up 3-4 days early for a couple of months now...

Dh and I talked things out and came to an understanding that I think we both can live with....there will always be a bit of friction because he works and I stay home and he truely has not a clue as to how much I really do around here...and probably never will...but I am happy staying home and doing what I do and always feel that I am lucky in that I am able to do that. So that is that.

Linda, I will look for the Dr Phil book the next time I am out. I trust your wisdom and judgement. I know that this weight loss thing is so 95% mental. I guess I still have alot of working things out.

Lwyr, good job getting to the gym. The weekend sounds like alot of fun. Remember to keep things in moderation!

Where is everyone else??? Alot of missing chickies here! Hope it is because you are so busy getting fit! LOL

LUV TO YOU ALL!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #42  
Sweet n' Sassy

Good Evening Ladies. Just checking in to report exercise. I went to the gym with DH this evening and did 60 mins of elliptical cardio and 30 mins of weights, putting me at 120 mins of cardio thus far and 150 mins of total exercise. I always feel so wonderful after a workout - it really feels like I've accomplished something substantial - and it's good for me!

This week is tiring me mentally. Does that make sense? I can't really pinpoint any one thing specifically that's taking its toll, but I need a break. I miss school and vacations. Our weekends are usually so go-go-go and hectic also because we make plans for every hour. Wouldn't have it any other way really - but I wish I had a "personal day" off from work to just chill out. I guess I do - I'm taking Friday off, but of course, we're driving to the retreat that day so I won't exactly be sitting around.

Ahhh, well...just two days left in my week so that's definitely a PLUS! Renee, you just had to sneak in that "moderation" comment, didn't you? Ill try to remember that, but for some reason that word leaves my vocabulary Fri-Sun.

Oh, I also had a fiber one oats n choc bar tonight - YUM! They are really like candy bars and SUPER packed with choc chips. DELISH, I'm tempted to eat all 5 of them - dangerous!

Have a great night chicks, talk to you tomorrow! Much Love.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:23 AM   #43  

Good morning ladies, i was going to post last night but iwas just too tired. but it 's a good tired, it means i am working hard
lwry-you are working so hard at the gym, i am impressed!
i know you will have a great time this weekend but try to get in a little rest yousound like your starting to get burned out a little.
renee--you are doing so good with your exercise too. i bet it's real hard with the kiddies around, it is for me anyway, that's why i prefer the gym, it is really the only place i get any quiet
as far as hubby goes...even when you work outside the home, they still don't get how much you do. just keep your chin up and continue to bless your family and home. they need you!
Linda-glad you are getting used to the no coffee, i don't drink coffee but i did drink cokes and it was a struggle to switch to water, i still drink caff free every now and then but it's not the same. give kitty a belly rub for me and have a great day!

now for me...yesterday was an hour and 15 min of cardio and an hour long pilates class. i so did not want to do anything yesterday but i did. i guess that means i have improved and am finally ready to stop making excuses for myself and my weight. i have decided that when i hit the 10 pound mark i will get a pedicure. i don't really enjoy that sort of thing but since i am taking classes several nights a week where we are barefoot, i kinda feel obligated to not have gross feet. at the 20 pound mark i am going to have acrylic nails put on (fingers not toes!) i just feel so much more confident with long and manicured fingernails, but my natural nails are just too thin and frail to keep them that way. anyway those are my goals for now. i will keep you posted, will talk again soon...amy
Old 04-11-2007, 01:51 PM   #44  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Poking in briefly from work...last night I did 35 mins of WATP- 2 miles, and then had to settle back into my role as free live-in tech support. Looks like the rest of the week is going to be more of the same, so that everything is updated and works like it is supposed to. Some weird stuff going on with his machine. But, hopefully that will all soon be resolved.

Tonight- another 35 minutes, at least. We'll see how quickly things get resolved on the computer front as to how much additional time I can use for working out. I can't complain....he doesn't ask for much, and I need to learn how to fit my new lifestyle and priorities into the chaos that can be self-employment for him, and chaos and problems. Practice makes better, right?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM   #45  

'Lo Everyone and Happy Wednesday! Just posting my exercise for today. 70 minutes of TaeBo and floor aerobics. Very glad tomorrow is the last exercise day for the week. A bit tired, but not bad.

My stomach is healing gradually, but last time this took a good 6-8 weeks to heal completely so I am pleased with the progress. Impatient, but pleased!

Renee, I really hope the book helps you. I was very reluctant to read it at first. I stopped and started many times because something just kept rubbing me the wrong way. Not sure what it was, but once i got into it It really helped. I mean we all KNOW what to do.. why don't we do it? This is the first book that I've found that speaks on the mental and emotional issues that I think a lot of us get de-railed at.

Amy - good for you. Like the song says, Some days it don't come easy, some days it don't come hard, some days it don't come at all and these are the days that never end! You fought your way through and I bet you are very glad you did. Bravo!! No excuses!!

Lwyr - almost time for your trip. I hope you find it mentally, emotionally and physically relaxing. mental tireness is really tough.. how about reading a nice trashy chick novel?

Jenn, good luck with computer ****. I somehow became west cost tech support for the procurement system so when I come home , i really do NOT want to hear abut problems. I am glad my cat doesn't ask my for anything except food and attention!

I'm going to try and bug out of here a little early today. I got stuck in a huge traffic mess this morning and that tends to tire me out more than working!!!
Closed Thread