Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:25 PM   #61  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Late check in from a super busy day. So much for a day off!

Started with the 2 mile WATP this morning. Then hubby got the brilliant idea to go clear all our stuff out of storage, if we could get a truck. We could get a truck, and then dropped everything and schlepped the hour+ to storage, spent an hour loading the truck, drove back, spent 50 minutes unloading the truck, drove BACK to drop it off, and then drove home. The whole time of the loading & unloading I was moving, and active, and sticky and sweaty. So, 2 hours and 30 minutes of activity, more or less. And now, I can collapse in bed and hope that I hear the alarm tomorrow.

And in case I forget, please, please, please, remind me that tomorrow needs to be a rest day for me!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #62  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

REST DAY FOR JENNIFER!!!!!!!

fast post. bad eyes. pedals:30 mins

to everyone!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 AM   #63  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Here!

Still here. Still hanging with ya. Not much water intake on my days off. Must change that. Exercise: check. Dinner out with Jay's parents went as well as expected. I didn't eat all day in anticipation (that tactic is debatable I'm sure). Ate a large healthy salad first, had meat and a spoon of several things I wanted to try. But seemed to find extra room for a piece of coconut cream pie and one cookie. Oops. But held it together come evening with a bowl of low fat/low cal cereal and a banana and later some leftover baked chicken breast. Hopefully the exercise will be "DID" today befor work, but I HAVE to get a thank you card made and in the mail before noon and wade through a stack of bills to find the ones that are uhmmm you know... DUE! (starting with the past due ones). Let's just hope it all falls in line. I'm not used to still being relatively successful at a diet this far in. Maybe I should weigh myself soon. Back to work today, blehhhh.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #64  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies. Wow, yesterday took it's toll on me. I was so tired last night, I could barely get up at 3:50am to pee. And then, I fell asleep and didn't even hear the alarm until it was 5:58am. Yikes! That's an hour that it had to be either going off, or sleep alarm every 9 minutes. And I leave the house at 6am! Needless to say, I got a late start, and a hurried commute, and managed to make it in here only 4 minutes late. Good thing I'm the first one in!

Stupid question of the day:
In a situation like yesterday, where I burned a poopload of calories, but also had a lot of impact, and knew there'd be swelling in joints, etc, what's a reasonable amount to expect to puff up. The reason I ask, is that today is my typical weigh in date, but it is up 6 pounds from yesterday's number. Food was in right at 1400 calories, I expended a whole heck of a lot, and there is no way that # is accurate...but it sure is disheartening. Anyway, I bounced the idea off Mary & Hubby & both agree to take yesterday's # for the weigh in, since there's no way today is accurate.

Considering resistance band work tonight, but with no House on, I have no excuse to sit & watch TV & do it. Now, I just have more boxes to go through, sort things, and put them away.

The best news from yesterday's events-- I have a bag of other resistance bands- tougher ones, and ring ones for other exercises, which I was able to pick up from the old house, and my exercise bike!!!! My presssscious is home! Tonight, I'm cleaning her up, getting all the dust and dirt off her, and finding her a spot in the house where I can ride like the wind.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:50 PM   #65  

Height: 5'5"

hello all!

Sorry I have been somewhat MIA, but the kids didn't have school Fri. nor yesterday, so I enjoyed a long weekend of nothing...not even computer time! Most of the time I am so busy taxiing everyone around and making appointments and keeping schedules straight, an occassional weekend off is what I need! Also, I must have ate something that was not right on Sunday, because my stomach has felt blah since then...

Since I wasn't feeling so great, I told myself I only needed to go for 15min on the treadmill this morning, but ended up doing close to 40min.
I also got some new hand weights this weekend, to try out with Bob. 8pounders, since I had been using 5 and didn't really feel all that challenged. When I use them tomorrow, I will probably be screaming about how hard it is! Well, that is the point , isn't it?? LOL

Linda, hope that sinus infection clears soon and without the help of prescription meds! I tried the store brand of ww pasta yesterday, at your urging to give other brands a try and guess what? I liked it. Thanks.

Jenn, you are doing great with all this exercise. Making me feel like a slug here. I guess I gotta catch up!

Mary and Mel, you two are doing well too! WOW! I need to get moving more! Mel, I am glad you popped back in. I have missed you!

Ok, with the inspiration of all you lovely ladies, I am going to shoot for another session on the treadmill this evening! Thanks!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:56 PM   #66  

Oh, I forgot to respond to your question Jenn--

This is what I think, if you did ALOT of lifting, you may have worked some muscles that you usually don't use too much. If that is the case, the muscle fibers hold water until they are done repairing themselves. That is how muscle tissue is built up. We stress it, it breaks down, and then repairs itself to form bigger fibers. Hence, building muscles. So....maybe the weight is just "water" and will be down in a couple of days. Anyway, that is what I think--for what it is worth...
Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #67  

Sorry. No time today. Bossman here from back East and I am in meetings most of the day. it's now lunch "Hour" which is really about 40 minutes today.

45 minutes of step aerobics this morning

Hi everyone..Great job those who are exercising. Those who aren't
Old 01-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #68  
it's always something

I walked on the treadmill for 45 min this morning. I'm planning to do pilates tonight

Good luck with the bossman, Linda
Old 01-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #69  
Happy September

Talking Hump Day Is Finally Here

SUZANNE LONG TIME NO SEE! HOPE YOU AND THE SISTERS ARE WELL. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

RENEE~WAY TO GO WITH THE EXERCISING. MISSED YOU TOO. DID THE HUBBY COME UP WITH A GOOD PLAN?

DD2 JEN~ ANY PHYSICAL THERAPIST WILL TELL YOU THERE IS NO GAIN WITH PAIN. MUSCLES NEED TIME TO REPAIR THEMSELVES AND YES THEY SURROUND THEMSELVES WITH FLUID. I HAVE GAINED MORE THAN 6 LBS WHEN I GET HURT. THE REASON FOR DOING WEIGHTS OR ANY KIND OF STRENGTH TRAINING EVERY OTHER DAY IS TO GIVE THE MUSCLES A CHANCE.....SO DON'T GO NUTS OR YOU WILL BE DEFEATING YOUR PURPOSE. GLAD YOU GOT YOUR BIKE BACK HOME TOO!

MARY~ I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW JAY'S PARENTS WERE. FUNNY I SHOULD READ ABOUT THE "FAMILY" DINNER!!! GOOD LUCK WITH THE BILLS. WE JUST DID SOME OF OURS. LETS START BUYING LOTTERY TICKETS AND SEE WHO BECOMES A MILLIONAIRE FIRST!!
GET THAT WATER IN YOUNG LADY!!

LINDA I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND THE BOSS WASSN'T TOO BAD. HAPPY HUMP DAY!! I CANNOT SEE WEDNESDAY ON THE CALENDAR AND NOT THINK OF YOU. IT'S THE FIRST TIME I EVER HEARD OF HUMP DAY AND THAT WAS IN YOUR JOURNAL MANY YEARS AGO...WELL NOT TOO MANY SEE....YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW ON 3FC EVERYDAY!!

30 PEDAL AGAIN LAST NIGHT AND ANOTHER TODAY.
I FELT THE NEED TO LIMBER UP WHILE WATCHING TV.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY
Old 01-17-2007, 11:21 AM   #70  

happy Hump day to all! Glad to see everybody is getting in their exercise!

Just finished with 30 min on the treadmilland 40 min of Bob. I started my 3rd dvd this morning, the one they replaced. I used my 8 pound hand weights and definatley felt the difference. We did reverse crunches today, and I seriuosly used to not be able to do them. The last time I tried was maybe 2 years after my last child was born (all three were csections) and was sure at the time that the scar is what kept me from being able to do them. Well, today I got them! My back was killing, but I was able to lift my big butt up! So that was good!

Food will be good today. Yesterday, I had a minor mishap in the grocery store. I stopped in on the way home from dropping dd off at dance, to get some roasted chicken for dinner (don't worry, I don't eat the skin nor the dark meat) and I saw that reeses has a new candy bar. Being that it was before dinner, my willpower was not strong, and I succumbed to it's peanutbuttery and chocolate goodness. I'd like to say that it sucked and was not worth it, but it was....so today is a new day....

mel, suzanne, jenn, mary and linda-make sure you all get some movement in today and stay far, far away from the stupid candy bars at the checkout counter! LOL
Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #71  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Humpditty Hump Day

I exercised again today! I'm not sure how many days in a row this is, but I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm keeping track in a food/water and exercise journal, so it's logged some where. Good to see Suzanne again and Healthy Eater, Melody, Jennifer and LindaT. Is that all of us? Well, anyway, lots of snow on the ground, but the sun is shining and the roads are clear. I need to get ready for work. Continued good luck to all the Chicks who roost here.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #72  

I don't have any meetings today... yet and am hoping it stays that way. Bossman is still here but I didn't get tagged to sit in on the meetings today so yippeeeee. I have time to do my work, which is nice. Someone did blab to me that I've been given some new assignment, or I probably will be Of course my boss hasn't told me anything yet so we'll see how accurate the grapevine is.

This morning was 40 minutes with Bob and 30 minutes of aerobics.

Renee I have touble with reverse crunches.. badly. I tend to not use my lower belly muscles but to use momentum and or my legs to lift things. I don't even know how to start to get those muscles in shape. My lower belly is a mess from surgeries and I havea big ol apron sitting there, just waiting for me to lose the rest of my weight and get it removed!! Arggh. Good for you for keeping at it.

YAY for Turtlebutt. Consistency is key. That's how we progress and you are doing it!

And Miss Mel, the peddler. Are you peddling across the country like you did a year or so ago? Good going

And it's Ms SuzieQ. nice treadmilling. I wish i had room for a machine, but alas tight quarters. Of course they is no guarantee I'd use it anyway, at least not as something else to hang my clothes on.

Jenn enjoy the bike, but please make sure it is bolted down. Riding like the wind indoors, tends to make you run into walls.

And that's it for now.. gotta still journal and I have the tummy growlies!!
Old 01-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #73  
Happy September

I Even Pedaled Twice Yesterday. Though The 2nd Time Was Much More Relaxed. I Needed To Blow Off Some Steam And Caught Myself Thinking Of Food. So I Dragged The Pedals Across The Floor And Watched Some Tv And "rode" Away!
Gotta Run. Have Another Meeting In The Office At 9am. Hope He Arrives On Time!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #74  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning! Sorry I missed yesterday. Busy day at the office, followed by our anniversary dinner. 9 years. Who'd have thunk it? I made sure to keep breakfast and lunch light so that I'd be prepared for dinner out, and made the best choices I could. Chicken breast, citrus rice...nothing fried or overly greasy.

Exercise yesterday was a quick walk around Target after dinner, picking up ink & some other supplies. We found a super bargain on soft hand weights, the ones that they use in some of the WATP tapes. 2.50! So that was my impulse buy. Hubby bought a jumprope for 1.18, too. Today, I've got a hot date with Leslie for the 2 mile WATP, and then some unpacking of the boxes we just moved.

Renee- hope your tummy is feeling better. Way to go with those reverse crunches. Awesome! You are kicking my butt, for sure.

Suzanne- hello!

Mel- thanks for putting my mind at ease. When even hubby is shaking his head, knowing there's no way in heck to gain 6 pounds in that day we had..it still is annoying as all heck. Happy Pedaling!

Mary- you are doing great, girlie! Keep it up. Bring it, woman!

Linda- how are your sinuses? Hope you're feeling some relief soon! LOL @ running into walls...I think that gives new meaning to the term "hitting the wall" when you're exercising.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. Big meeting here today, so from 9:30 until about 1pm, I'm going to be trapped.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #75  

hey there everybody!

Boy am I tired today! Jenn, good going getting those hand weights! I saw them in the "dollar' section of target last week and wished they came in something heavier. I got the soft green one's in the sporting section. But if you haven't used any weights with the watp tapes, they are just the ticket. You will definately notice a difference right away! Good going! Speaking of weights, YOEWSA! Upping the hand weights with Bob sure is making me super sore today! My shoulder blades are sore, so I am thinking that I definately need to concentrate on working my biceps/triceps a bit more--because I probably used some muscle I wasn't supposed to--but the 5 pounders weren't getting me sore anywhere!

Miss mel--what a great job pedaling! That is what we ALL need to do when stressed and wanting to eat--exercise instead! Wonderful example you are setting here!

mary, you are on a roll! Keep it going and soon no one will be able to stop you! It is sure hard to get all three entities in place (food, water, exercise) for several days in a row!

Linda--hope things are quiteing down at the office and warming up in CA! Man, I saw Los angeles had snow yesterday! Wow, wacky weather...

Did anyone see the medical mysteries on ABC last night at 10pm? (Linda, I know you didn't cause that is WAY past your bedtime! LOL) Anyway, they had this segment on about morbid obesity and what they believe causes it...very interesting. Apparently it has to do with lacking a brain chemical (leptin) One guy even lost 800 pounds, only to put it back on. Anyway, just wondered if anybody else saw it.

Today is a day off from Bob, thank God! I will walk later on the treadmill. I was planning on getting on this morning, but didn't have time. So this evening it will be!

have a great day, ladies!
Closed Thread