Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 229/220/129

Height: 5'5"

Ouch! That cattle prod hurt!

No, I'm not among the missing, I've been here but I spend most of my time over at the 100 pound club. I'll be sure and sprint over here every day too, just put that damn cattle prod away.

Now to the exercise:
I've walked a mile a day every day since Dec. 31 and have just about got the soreness worked out of my muscles. Those poor things had been in hibernation for years and wouldn't wake up without a fight.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #17  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Mother Mel! I AM moving my carcas...I promise!

And Miss Turtle! me??? poke at you???? Never!

1 mile of WATP done tonight, and I got all the way through it without slowing down. I did stop the full range of arm raises after the 14 minute mark, so that I could keep the pace. Getting better at this...one mile at a time.

Resistance bands to be done while I watch Numb3rs tonight...if it's on. I can't remember the last time I could stay up until 10pm on a Friday night. But now, I'm feeling alive, and active...sweaty, but like I'm accomplishing something.

That's it for this evening...Tomorrow I plan on doing the 1 mile when I get up, and then considering a re-visit in the evening. No promises on that one...just thinking about it out loud a little. Night, ladies!
Old 01-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #18  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I PEDALED YESTERDAY SO I AM DOING THE EASIER STUFF THIS WEEKEND. I NEED MY STRENGTH FOR THE MALL ON MONDAY....NOW THERE'S A GREAT PLACE TO GET WEIGHT TRAINING DONE....FILLING ALL THOSE SHOPPING BAGS AND THEN LIFTING AND CARRYING THEM AROUND!!
HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #19  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face I'm moving too, honest

Last night, at nearly 02:00 AM, I did a mile and a half on the recumbent bike. And this morning, I put in the 3 Mile WATP Express. I only did one mile of it, but I did it. My calves turned to painful stones and my feet, still numb, started protesting and sending that "buzzy/numb/weird" feeling up my legs. But yes, I did it. Last night AND today. I'm glad. And I'm glad it's my "Friday." Oh, I did go a little over on points yesterday, but I have "flex" points to cover. Have a great Saturday all. Mary
Old 01-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #20  

Jeepers, that prod sure worked well. It got all of you in here. Imagine that?

I just finished 40 minutes with Bob and the PUSH DVD. I didn't hate him today, but I did pray a lot during the ab exercises for it to be over FAST!!

Mel, Jen, Turtlebutt and Patty.. good going! One more step towards the new you.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #21  
"workin' on my fitness"

Evening, chickies. I didn't watch Numb3ers, but did get my resistance bands done. This morning, I woke up crampy, so I decided against the WATP, but ended up running out for a very fast grocery run- needed OJ & soy sauce for one of the recipes we were prepping, and on 3 separate trips this week, we forgot to get both of those.

Linda, you'd have been proud of us in the kitchen today. 2 entire pork tenderloins- hubby cut all the fat off, and has cut 1 into chunks, portioned them out, marinated them, and they are now in the freezer in individual serving sizes, ready to be stir-fried in moments. And then the chicken breasts....I'm almost embarassed to type this! Chicken has been over 4.00 a pound here, and when it went on sale Thursday at 1.89 a pound...well, we might have gone SLIGHTLY overboard, because at the end of the day, we trimmed, poked, and prepped 71 chicken breasts, which are being frozen now, 2 to a baggie, for easy lunches and dinners. Some marinated, some plain, and ready to go.

Tomorrow, we're making Chicken Vicious (yum) and Asian Orange Chicken which will be for dinners and lunches the next few days.

Tonight...relaxing soon, and doing the resistance bands for upper body. Tomorrow, laundry, some house cleaning, but not a structured exercise day.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #22  
Happy September

I AM GOING TO RUN DOWN AND RAID JEN'S FRIDGE!!! WTG DD2!!! MAYBE I BETTER GRAB SOME FOR MISS JAVA TOO!! SPEAKING OF WHICH....DON'T GO NUTSO MISS JAVA!!! WE WANTED YOU WITH US ALL TO MOVE IT...NOT KILL YOURSELF! PATTY HAS WOKEN UP ALL HER POOR MUSCLES. THEY WILL THANK YOU FOR IT IN THE END THOUGH! AND LINDA IS STILL DATING BOB.
AS FOR ME: MORE STRETCHING TODAY AND MAYBE EVEN 5 MINS OF MEDITATION. IT'S BEEN A HECTIC WEEKEND WITH THE SENIORS. I WILL BE MIA TOMORROW WITH THE MALL SHOPPING. ADIOS!
HAPPY SUNDAY!!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #23  

Morning everyone and Happy Sunday

I am getting more strength back so that makes me happy. This morning was my killer step aerobics workout, 1 hour and 15 minutes worth. I am just now steaming veggies for the week and then will have breakfast and make a much needed appearance at church. Rest of the day is more laundry and vacuuming my disgusting carpets!

Jenn good going on the bands, but one thing I want you to keep in mind. Movement can relieve cramps, be they muscle cramps or the menstrual sort. Your blood moves, your respiration increases and you body functions better. It does help immensely so next time, remember this. And yes this is a prod.. :P I am glad to see you taking the initiative in the kitchen. I promise you this will only help!

Hey Miss Mel.. stretch a little for me, willya? Wouldn't that be great if we could do like communal exercise.. some of my cardio could count for Mel and some of her stretching could count for me? Ahh that would be great.

Patty and Turtlebutt... shake those booties, or in one case.. shell
Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #24  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Still here

I'm counting the numerous trips down from the old house, carrying Mama's China, lots of odds and ends, and all my clothes (from one closet anyway) as my exercise today. The work is hardly finished. I've been putting stuff away and hand washing above mentioned China. My Mama had uhm "odd" taste. But the more I look at this stuff, the more I like it. Except for the whimpy/sissy tea cups. They're not big enough for this Java Loving Turtle (I need my coffee in a BIG GURRRL MUG) and they have an odd, mismatching and totally misplaced blue stripe. Anyway, one load is washed and draining/drying in the dishwasher. Whew, I'm tired. We carried so much crap down here that the new house feels cluttered. It's bothering me. Well, and I'm depressed too. After just seven months, I'm having another M.S. exacerbation (attack). The first attack, back in June, I woke up with. This time it started in my feet New Year's Eve and has been climbing ever since. It's nearly to my thighs. When it climbs above my hips, well, there are certain areas a girl doesn't want to lose feeling in. Need I say more? Plus, well, it's just plain scary and making me feel very sad and scared. Long story, I'll spare ya. But I am counting all that work as exercise and my food is going good. Jay even fixed fish. Ewwww I ate as much as I could. I hate fish. My water is a little off, but I'm working on it (sugar-free Kool-aid). Buh bye for now. Racing Jennifer to see who can post first. I win?

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 01-09-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #25  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Evening, chickies

Yes Mary, you won! Dang fast turtle! It MUST be all the coffee- I was no match! I'm sorry that you're already feeling the effects of another exaserbation so soon. I'm not a fish fan, either- and I'm allergic to shellfish, so I just steer clear altogether if it isn't canned white albacore tuna in water & kill it with FF miracle whip.

Linda, since I've been out of whack, and very irregular, this has just been a difficult cycle- sparing you all the details. I did get a lot of movement in today in household stuff, plus I did another half hour of upper body work with the bands, and thinking about another half hour before bed, or first thing in the morning.

Mel, you are welcome to come raid the fridge any time you want. I'll gladly share. Tonight was Chicken Vicious- I know Linda has made this before. We cut the vinegar back just a little, and used splenda instead of the sugar in the recipe. Oh my word, it was awesome. Hubby figured it would be ok, but I tell you, he was ready to lick the pan! You would SWEAR that was on the menu at PF Changs. That one is going into heavy rotation

Getting stuff ready for tomorrow's meals, and so far, planned exercise is 1 mile WATP, and 30 mins of resistance bands. I'll check in tomorrow to report once I get home from work & have it done. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #26  

Default Grumble yawn

Morning all. Golly gee did I NOT want to get up this morning! Kitty was smart and stayed in bed after the alarm went off, but I am not smart enough to do that so I got up at 4:30. I got in 40 minutes with Bob and my PUSH DVD and 30 minutes of aerobics. I am very happy to say that things are slowly almost back to normal, my cardio capacity that is. Also my strength is much improved from last week, so yay for that. I woke up with some PMS cramps, but by the time I was done exercising they were gone so yay for that. Of course the cranky mood is still around a bit, but that part takes it's own sweet time leaving.

Next? Come out come out wherever you are!! I don't like talking to myself. It makes me nervous that I have really lost my marbles!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #27  
"workin' on my fitness"

Afternoon, chickies! Today's exercise is going to be 1 mile WATP when I get home, and then lots of house cleaning- taking down of the Christmas decorations, and cleaning up a billion dead pine needles. 3 kitties and dropping pine needles is a recipe for a whole house vaccuuming, because they bat those needles around like they are insane.

Lunch today is the leftover Chicken Vicious, and it is even better the 2nd day, now that the sauce has soaked into the brown rice a little. And a cup of green beans, too. I've got fruit for a snack later, if needed, and I have a dentist appointment at 3:30 for a cleaning, so I'll be out of work early, but home later than usual. WATP the minute I get in.

How's everyone's Monday?
Old 01-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #28  
Happy September

NEVER GOT TO THE MALL SO I DID SOME STRETCHES INSTEAD YESTERDAY.
TODAY IS THE PEDALS FOR 30 MINS AND HIT THE SHOWERS!
EVERYONE IS REALLY DOING SO GREAT THIS MONTH!!
I AM GLAD TO HAVE THE COMPANY AND WE CAN ALL USE THE EXERCISE. BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU WALK CAUSE SOME OF LINDA'S MARBLES ARE ROLLING AROUND ON OUR GYM FLOOR! ALSO...I NEED TO GO AND FIND THE CHICKEN VICIOUS RECIPE SOME TIME SOON JUST TO SEE WHAT IT IS!!
HAPPY TUESDAY!
Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #29  

Aww sorry you missed out on the malling ( is that a verb)? When the malls aren't crowded, it can be a lot of fun.

Jenn, hope you got in your sweatin'!!

I was up at 4:30 this morning, but I was more awake than yesterday. I went to bed nice and early with the furball so I had a good sleep. Of course it was still way too cold outside of the covers, but I got to doing my step aerobics and soon wasn't cold anymore. This morning was 45 minutes of step aerobics.

Mel, I personally didn't care much for the Chicken Vicious, recipe buried on my review page BTW, but I am glad Jenn liked it. I am eating Viva Madrid chicken this week so I am loving that! yumyum!

Ok sleepyheads, get up and post your exercise. A couple of people are missing. Don't make me come after you!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #30  
"workin' on my fitness"

I sweatted- I huffed, and I puffed, and I wheeezed, and then I even did my WATP. We took down the Christmas tree as soon as I walked in the door, while we still had daylight. When it was stripped of everything but lights and garland, we hauled it out onto the front porch, because the needles were not only dropping everywhere, they were poking holes in me as we reached up to dislodge things. Sure, go ahead and laugh...I must have about 30 or 40 holes poked into the boob area alone! Dismantled the rest outside, and dragged it to the curb (our driveway is 100 feet long) from the front stoop. Then, put the lights & garland away, dismantled the Christmas Village, broke 1 lightbulb, cleaned up the broken lightbulb, trying to keep 3 cats away...you get the idea. Then, WATP. And after all the boob poking, and stabbing, and pine sap sticking, I was happy to deal with Leslie & her knee lifts.

Today's plan is: start a load of wash the instant I get in, and then WATP while that gets underway. Dinner- chicken, most likely. Hubby had pork to deal with, but I won't eat it, so chicken for me, and some kind of veggies. I'll post when I'm done with the details of the day, and before I snuggle into bed to sleep through, I mean, watch House.

Happy Tueday, chickies
Closed Thread