3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #46
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Evening, chickies! I'm checking in for duty post-work, and pretty drippy.

Ok, I pushed myself a little more tonight. I've been back to exercising for 8 or 9 days now, and I want to challenge myself, and get my conditioning back, so I'm no longer out of breath from basic everyday things like a fast run in & out of the drugstore, or walking up 2 flights of stairs. I'm happy to report that I did 1.5 of the 2 mile WATP tonight. I was doing really well until I hit the 21 minute mark, and the kickbacks at high intensity with bicep curls...it was at that point that I stopped the upper body, and then had to just walk, but kept the same pace. Wouldn't you know, at 22:30, it was 1.5 miles?? If I could have just held out another minute....

Hubby is in the kitchen making dinner while I pant over my 32oz glass of water and try to cool down and check in. Whew. Warm, and not just because it's Florida.

Melody, come out, come out, wherever you are! Miss you, dear Mom2.

Linda- you continue to make me shake my head in awe...you do more before 6am than most people do all day. How long did it take for you to build up to that kind of activity from where you started? You're definitely an inspiration to me, and so many other chickies here...even if you are the Veggie Cop

Mary- way to go with the dreadmill AND bike. And what a wonderful PoohBear you have. And since I owe you some exercise today, that 1.5 mile is for you doing the bike.

Renee- I'm picky, but a major part of that is how we were raised. We never really had fresh produce, or a wide variety of choices. My father was very specific about the things that he would eat, after coming back from Vietnam. And then being poor didn't help- spaghetti & sauce, and stews and soups and canned goods, macaroni and cheese, and white bread were all pretty inexpensive. And so I find myself at 34 trying to eat things that truly taste like the front lawn, and try to convince myself to like them. I'm getting better...and I'm trying, little by little. I hope your daughter does grow out of it- it would have been so much easier for me if I already had a taste for them. Nice work with the 40 minutes!

Ok...dinner is almost ready. Tonight's veggies are green beans (and I know Linda is rolling her eyes) and baby carrots, and a small dish of cucumbers in rice vinegar. Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Read more about my struggles in my 3FC Blog

2007 Goal

Old 01-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #47

Nice sweating Jenn and Renee. We are missing some people. Come out come out.........

Renee, yup. I hear you on the hibernating stuff. I make a deal with myself. I can hibernate after I get my exercise in for the day. I admit to hibernating on weekends now as much as possible. I actually don't eat until I work out in the morning. That's why I work out.. so I can EAT!!

Jenn, gosh I dunno how long it took to get this way, but as with any change it was definately gradual. I started out I think with 10 minutes of exercise a few days a week and just never stopped. It is so important to keep challenging yourself because that is how you get fitter. Glad to see you doing that. The only reason I am up at 4:30 working out is because by the time I get home from work, I am dead on my feet most of the time and we all know that tired is an excellent excuse for not exercising. If there is an excuse out there, I've used it in the past. In the mornings, I just haul myself out of bed before I am fully awake and realize what a stupid thing it is to be getting up so early.

Today is my no exercise day so yippeeeee yay and Wahooooooo. I am feeling very run down again and the tail end of this cold has now morphed into a sinus thing. Sigh. It is much easier to deal with this than the plugged head so I won't complain too much. I'll be seeing the doc shortly for an anti d med check so if I'm still having sinus issues then, I'll get her to check me out. Impossible to get any appointment without making it two months in advance, for heavens sake! I may check out some sinus meds today at the store, but I used the vaporizer last night and things do feel better. It was in the 30s this morning, was 27 with the windchill so I am bundled up and staying that way.

My Recipes and Reviews http://ltrem.bravehost.com/
Old 01-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #48
"workin' on my fitness"

Wow Linda, that's darned COLD for where you are!

Ok chickies, where is everyone???

Planned for this evening- WATP, to at least where I got to last night at 1.5 miles, and see if I can get any further. Then, some housekeeping so that the entire weekend isn't spent on chores. Dinner will be something light, while we look at any other intriguing recipes to tackle tomorrow or Sunday. I want to make some veggie couscous, with diced up onions, bell peppers, carrots, and anything else that looks good and can be minced tiny. That'll round out any dishes for next week.

I'll check back tonight after sweat time...Happy Friday, ladies!

2007 Goal

Old 01-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #49
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Deja Vu all over again

I did it again. I managed to work out. Ten rough minutes on the dreadmill and ten (or slightly more) on the recumbent bike. I shouldn't wear a sweat shirt and/or fuzzy bottom pj bottoms though. I got a little over heated. Live and learn, sweat and burn.

I've not counted up my points for yesterday, but it'll be close. Jay had a hot supper ready for me again. It was roast, instant potatoes and green beans. Elvis sat up like a big boy at the table and showed so much restraint, I let him clean my plate. He LOVES green beans. Just like his Mommy: Tom. Yeah, I know, my cats have odd names. Jane continues to be a happy new kitten. The vet said it's the lack of hormones. I wonder if I get spayed, if I'll suddenly be a happy, playing kitten.

Okay, I'm at work and I get booted off this site all the time. Must be pop-ups. Toodles Chickies. Where is everyone? Aren't we missing a few?

My light bulb moment? A sign that said ....
"I'd do ANYTHING to be thin ........ except diet and exercise"
Old 01-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #50

Height: 5'5"

I'm here! Apparently I bookmarked page three and was not smart enough to see that there was a page 4--I kept thinking I was the last to post! duh! Plus, my connection is ultra slow...dial up dinosaur...I can't get dsl in my area and cable just isn't in the budget right now, so I will just make due!

Way to go on all the great exercise everyone is getting in. I plan to walk after I am done here, because a bad headache had it's grips on me this morning and now feels better. Today is a Bob day too. We finally got a dvd player hooked up in the bedroom, so I can go in there instead of the middle of the family room in front of all the windows ! That must be a site!

Jen-you sound like you are doing great on the watp tapes! Keep it up. And you are also doing great trying to get those veggies in. I hope my daughter changes too. I know the longer she resists, the harder it will be in the future for her. One good thing, is that she doesn't eat, beef, pork, or pizza. So despite not having a very balanced diet, she doesn't eat alot of bad stuff either. PS, cukes in rice vinegar is one of my very fav dishes. Ok, I'm drooling now...

Mary, good for getting the exercise in! That is so nice of Jay to be making you dinner! I wish someone would cook for me every now and then...

Linda--whenever I hear you talk about why you do the things the way you do, I think OMG that's me, and then I realize that I am capable of changing just like you...you are an endless source of inspiration for me...I will tell Bob to go easy on you tomorrow when I see him later!

To everyone else, have a wonderfully fit day and remember that everyday that we work hard, we are that much closer to our goal of good health!

Last edited by healthyeater; 01-12-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling error, what else?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #51
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

DIAL-UP DINOSAUR!!! RENEE YOU MADE ME LAUGH!!! TOO FUNNY.....AND I ALSO HAVE IT!!

HELLO EVERYONE
SORRY I WAS AMONGST THE MISSING BUT DUTY CALLED AND THERE WAS A WEEK OF PERSONAL FINANCIAL TRAUMA THAT I THINK WILL BE RESOLVED THIS MONTH.
NO EXCUSES BUT I CANNOT EXERCISE WHILE THE MUSCLES ARE TIGHT. FEELING VERY RELAXED TODAY...3 DAY WEEKEND...HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING'S BIRTHDAY TO ALL!!! ENJOY YOURSELVES
TODAY WILL BE PEDALING
HAPPY SATURDAY
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 AM   #52
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, sunshine!

Last night ended up being "Surprise Date Night" with hubby, including curling up in bed early to watch a movie, where he promptly fell asleep at about the midway point. But so far, we're off to a good start for a Saturday, and the weekend.

Renee- I had to laugh about you moving the exercise into the bedroom instead of the family room windows- this morning, I did the whole 2 mile WATP tape (in the bedroom) and hubby had opened the windows to let some cool air in (was 63 this morning) and I'm plugging away, looking ridiculous, and next thing you know, he's standing outside the window watching, because he heard Leslie. Wonder how many neighbors turned & got a peek! Eeeek! Oh, and the BEST rice vinegar that I've found is the Nakano with red epper- the orange capped bottle- total YUM!!!! I had those with dinner last night

Mary- great job with both the dreadmill, and the bike. Kick butt. As warm a winter as you are having, I'm surprised you didn't keel over in those fuzzy pj bottoms & sweats. But I'm sure you wouldn't scare the neighbors like my workout wear...LOL! And no telling tales, woman! I'll come beat you!

Mel- (((Mom2))) Sorry to hear you're dealing with financial trauma Happy pedaling...remember, point south, and then you can come raid our freezer. More cooking happening today, so come on down!

Linda, get up! It's already 6am there, and you should already be running circles around us! Pet that little fuzzbut for me, and hopefully she let you sleep in a little this morning.

So...2 miles down, and I'm feeling ambitious enough to try for another stint later in the day, for an energy boost later on. Maybe the brainwashing is working. We'll be doing some more food prep todday- some very lean beef for stir fry meals, and make a few of the recipes we wanted to try, to make weeknight dinners quicker. Catch everyone later!

2007 Goal

Last edited by **Jennifer**; 01-13-2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #53

Look at all the new postings today. How encouraging. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I just had a 40 minute session with Bob and the PUSH DVD. This was my first crack at month 3 session 2 and it went okay, except for one push up exercise where he becomes insane It was freaking frigid overnite here.. got down to I think 22 or 23 degrees. All I know is I went outside at 8am and it was 25. Brrrrrrrrr. I left one tap on, just a trickle outside overnite so I had to get out and shut it off. Otherwise I wouldn't have braved the cold, believe me.

Turtlebutt.. good for you for working out. I start out in shorts, aerobics bra and a button up T shirt and as things heat up, the shirt comes off. Layers, my girl. Think layers and buttons so stuff can come off easy.

Renee, add me to the dinosaur brigade. Sigh. I am teetering on the edge of going to higher speed so stay tuned for my trials and traumas over the next few months I am sure it won't be painless. Right now I have to do some research on DSL vs Cable. Bob wasn't bad today, except let's not even discuss one of the push up exercises, okay? I think most of us fat girls think the same way and if I had my druthers (a word my Dad always used.. I love it), I'd sit on my butt on the sofa under a blanket and not work out ever!! I may not be obese anymore but I'll always have a fat girl mind, ya know?

Mel, good to see you. I hope things work out for you and your muscles unknot. Think hot baths or showers and stretching!!

Jenn, date night sounds fun. I am afraid I am just like hubby. I hit the bed and BOOM I am out very quickly. I fall asleep on the sofa more often than I care to admit! Good workout today! Yes I petted the furball for you and she let me sleep until after 7am, but then I rolled over and there she was.. staring at me. The face clearly said GET UP!!

I made my work lunches for next week, a yummy barley mushroom and white bean thing with onions, garlic carrots, spinach and spices. Later I'll be working on some easy salmon and chicken, but going to take the cooking easy this week.

So now I need to get cracking around here. Kitty needs to be woken up.. otherwise she'll bug me in the middle of the night.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #54
Happy September

LINDA YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT THE HOT WATER!! I HAD QUITE FORGOTTEN THAT TILL I READ THE POST YESTERDAY. TOOK A MUCH LONGER ONE LAST NIGHT, BUNDLED UP AND FEEL GREAT! THANKS GLAD BOB IS STILL HANGING AROUND!!! :BELLY:

JEN I WILL BE RIGHT DOWN FOR BREAKKIE!!!! JEN AND RICHIE FALL QASLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF MOVIES TOO!! THEY ARE NO FUN!!! SO YOU HAVE TAKEN TO GIVING THE NEIGHBORS A FREE SHOW WITH RENEE!!!
SOON WE WILL HAVE NO ONE POSTING HERE.....YOU GALS WILL ALL BE ARRESTED.....ALONG WITH LINDA AND BOB!!! I AM SURE WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS PROBABLY ILLEGAL ALSO

I AM OFF TO PEDAL FOR 30 MINS AND WILL WONDER WHERE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE ARE??????????
HAPPY SUNDAY!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #55

Morning everyone. Just finished an hour and 15 minutes of step aerobics and am enjoying my iced mocha, waiting for breakfast to nuke. I am skipping church service today, but do have to show up around 11:45 or so for a council meeting. My sinuses feel like doody this morning and I am now almost positive it's an infection. BAH. I have a doc appointment towards the end of the month and am hoping I can either hold out until then or else beat it before then. I do NOT want to have to pay $50.00 to go to urgent care if at all possible. Tylenol is keeping things pretty pain free and the Claritin is keeping congestion to a minimum. God. I sound like one of those OLD people who does nothing but whine about their ailments!! Egads! Enough!

Miss Mel, Bob is too busy beating the **** out of me to get up to any shenanigans with me so sorry to burst your naughty bubble. Glad the hot water helped. Sometimes the simple old time remedies are the best ones.. vaporizers, ice packs, hot showers, warm socks.....

Anyway, I'm hungry so off I go to eat. Everyone else, check in with your exercise!

Old 01-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #56
"workin' on my fitness"

Happy Sunday!

Originally today was supposed to be a rest day, but I got up and did the 1 mile WATP at 7:30 this morning, to get the blood flowing. More cooking and prepping today with hubby. Tomorrow I am off for MLK Day, and I'll be starting the morning off with another WATP, since weekday schedules right now don't give me enough time for a quickie in the morning.

Linda- gotta check fuzzbutt's whiskers & make sure they aren't frozen. Brrrr. I certainly don't know what we'd do here if it got that cold. So true about the fat girl syndrome...I'd much rather sit & read a book than get sweaty. Sorry to hear that you're still suffering. The weather can't be helping your sinuses at all. Oh, and don't think that you're going to get out of telling us about your date. Do tell!!!!

Mel- LOL_ I certainly didn't expect someone right outside our back window. If the cops did come to arrest me, they'd be too busy laughing to try to cuff me. Is it indecent exposure if the only one seeing you is a peeping husband? LOL. I don't want to find out! Keep up the pedaling, mother dear. You're kicking tushie!

Renee & Mary....hope you're both having a great weekend...get your buns in here

2007 Goal

Old 01-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #57
Happy September

WHERE IS RENEE AND THE JAVATURTLE????
INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS!

30 MINS PEDALS. A WEE BIT OF STRETCHING BUT THE SHOULDERS ARE NOT "CALM" ENOUGH YET. USING LAVENDAR AROMATHERAPY AND PATCHOULI TOO. LOVE THOSE TWO FRAGRANCES.

TO LINDA AND JEN!!! DOING THE "WALK"!!!
YOU BOTH ARE KEEPING ME GOING FOR SURE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MLK!!
HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #58
Happy September

PS TO LINDA....MY DD AND I CLEARED UP A SINUS INFECTION WITH MUCINEX AND DAYQUIL. THE MUCINEX WAS THE ONE WITHOUT THE DECONGESTANT IN IT.
JEN ALSO USED NYQUIL AT NIGHT. FEEL BETTER SOON.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #59
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Still here

I've been a pretty good turtle. Thursday, I was so hungry for a Snicker bar. But I ate practically everything in my lunch to satiate my hunger. After all was said and done, I should have just had the Snickers. It would have been the same amount of points. At least that's the theory I have. But that sort of back fired on me on Saturday when I decided to TEST that theory. I, again, had that craving for a Snickers, but all we had in the vending machine was 3Musketeers. I got one, enjoyed it more than you can imagine. It was six points. Nearly the same as a low point frozen meal. But it truly satisfied me (even though that's Snickers moto). But later in the evening, I had to have another. So I guess in a way my theory was right, but also wrong. I did count all those points and had flex points to cover it, but I was ashamed at how weak I was. I had no willpower. But it's still probably true. If you're craving something sweet, you should maybe have a small one. But eating everything else that isn't bolted down, just to NOT have the candy was counterproductive.

I've been exercising every day though, and getting my water in on days that I work. The water intake is tougher when I'm off, for some reason. But I'll work on it. I need to get this posted and hit the bike. I might try another kind of exercise today (during my house cleaning), maybe a video or DVD, something I've not done in a while.

Peace and Turtle Hugs to all who roost here. Take care. Mel, write me, I miss you.

My light bulb moment? A sign that said ....
"I'd do ANYTHING to be thin ........ except diet and exercise"
Old 01-15-2007, 11:42 AM   #60

Morning. Groan. Work again. It never is over , is it? The weekend went too quickly yet again and most of it was spent doing " I have to" things instead of "I want to things". Still feeling icky, but I am upright so that is good. I was just talking to a co-worker about being sick as a umm err older individual and I am sure part of the reason stuff hangs around so long is because we get stubborn and don't stay home and in bed when we get sick. When we were kids, Mom made us stay in bed. period. No iffs ands or buts. Now, not only do we not stay in bed, but we go out in 25 degree weather and go to work Yes guilty as charged. Anyway, I am here and that's a success I suppose.

This morning ws 40 minutes with Bob and PUSH DVD and 30 minutes of aerobics. My energy level is pretty good and my cardio capacity is better so I am feeling better, just my nose and throat have other ideas.

Hi Jenn and Mel and Turtlebutt. Good exercising. Keep it up.

Closed Thread