3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #31
it's always something

I walked on the treadmill this morning, and plan to get on again this evening That's about it for me today!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #32
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Waaaa

Not feeling well. Took another sick day. Picked Jane up from the vet (she was spayed and declawed) and got her special recycled newspaper kitty litter. She's sleeping it off, as is Jay. I'm thinking hot bath/warm nap. Food went off kilter a bit with some sugary cereal last night with a movie. I'll probably not exercise today as I'm feeling ill enough to call off sick again. Snow day too. Got lots of the white stuff and expecting more. I guess I shouldn't complain, it's our first of the season.

I know Melody and Jennifer have seen these, but if you're interested, here's a link to my house photo album. It starts from green ground and undisturbed earth to Christmas IN the house. Buh bye for now... Turtle needs a nap.

http://www.angelfire.com/funky/hotcu...e_photo_album/

My light bulb moment? A sign that said ....
"I'd do ANYTHING to be thin ........ except diet and exercise"
Old 01-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #33

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I am popping over here from the journals by invite of LindaT. What do we do? Keep accountable for exercise here? That definately sounds like a plan. So hello everyone!

Today, I will walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes minimum before the night is through. Tomorrow, it will be a grueling session with Bob. If I don't make it on the treadmill tonite, Linda can get out the big prod! She will have to make it hurt more than bob though, if it is going to work! LOL

Seriously, Linda you spend alot of time in my head--you sorta sound like my conscience!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #34

Suzanne and Renee. welcome welcome. So glad to have you here sweating with us.

Renee, yes just post your exercise every day, post when you need encouragement and post encouragement to others! Glad you toddled over from the journals!

If I am your conscience, you are in BIG trouble because my conscience always wants cookies!

Hope you feel better Turtlebutt! I'll have to check out house pics when I get home because your site is blocked at work under the heading Lingerie swimwear.

My Recipes and Reviews http://ltrem.bravehost.com/
Old 01-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #35

hello everyone! Just wanted to say I just finished 30 minutes on the dreadmill, as promised. It has been a really long time since I did any exercise in the evening, when I missed getting it in the morning (my usual time).

Mary, hope both you and your kitty are feeling better soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #36
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

ACK!!! Linda has cookies showing!!!!!!!

Ok, no thinking about cookies. Did my 1 mile WATP, and sitting down shortly to a yummy dinner- Honey Teriyaki Chicken. Since it has pineapple chunks with it, I'm thinking of passing up green veggies tonight and going with some fresh fruit- we have gorgeous cantelope, and honeydew, and picked up clementines & fuji apples & mcintosh apples at Publix tonight. Still some leftover brown rice, but I think I'm covered with the fruit & the chicken.

Did I tell you guys that we had our first fruit from the citrus trees we planted back in May? We've got ruby red grapefruits- about 4 of them, and hubby & I shared one...they are sooo juicy, and sweet, and not all pulpy & stringy. Yum. Linda may be pulling me over to the dark side

Hi Renee, Mary & Suzanne!

Read more about my struggles in my 3FC Blog

2007 Goal

Last edited by **Jennifer**; 01-09-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: hit enter mid-sentence- duh
Old 01-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #37

good morning! I hope today greets everyone with the time and motivation we need to move and get our exercise in!

I am done with mine for this morning. 30 min on the treadmill. Not sure of the speed or distance, the controls have seemed to just stop. I thought it was the batteries, and changed them, but still no readings. That's ok, though. I can live without the numbers. I also did 40 minutes of bob. He was his usual brutal self. I always think the first day of the week doing the dvd is always hard, but sometimes think the second day is even harder because you are sore from the first day! I cannot believe it, but ups just delivered the replacement for my defective disc, and I just emailed them on Monday evening. That is good service!

jennifer, your homegrown citrus fruit sounds wonderful! I always thought that if I ever lived in an area that I could grow citrus, I would have a lemon tree. I also have a box of clementines (second one I bought this season) I am working my way through. I really like them, not so much a fan of regular oranges though and fugi is my families fav. apple!

Mary, your new home looks lovely. Enjoy and feel better! hello to suzanne and Linda too!

so Linda, if I overindulge in cookies, I can blame you???Just kidding!

Last edited by healthyeater; 01-10-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:42 PM   #38

Morning all. Exercise was a toughie this morning. I was up at 4:30. Got in 40 minutes with Bob and PUSH and then 30 minutes of aerobics. I sweating like a pig at the end. I didn't like Bob very much this morning. He can be a very annoying man sometimes. One more day of exercise and then I get the blessed one day break. Ahhhh

Renee and Jenn, good going on the exercise. Fruit is good stuff, but don't forget the veggies, Jenn. Renee, glad PUSH was so responsive. They've been very responsive to me when I had a problem getting my very first shipment.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #39
"workin' on my fitness"

Reporting 1 mile WATP completed!

Linda- stupid question...but one with so many contradictory answers. Servings of fruits and veggies- how much is 1 serving? When I'm having 4 cups of green beans between breakfast and lunch, and 3oz or 1 small fruit at lunch, and in breakfast (with cereal, in oatmeal, yogurt). How much is really enough?

2007 Goal

Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #40

Not stupid at all. Here is a terrific site that is ALL about fruit and veggies

http://www.5aday.com/ If you click in the consumers tab at the top, scroll down to FAQ. But, you really need to be eating a variety of veggies, rather than 4 cups of one thing. Each veggie and fruit carries their own set of micro and macro nutrients and you want to get the most of those that you can!!

Old 01-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #41
"workin' on my fitness"

It was just an example- that only happens when I have to use up before it goes bad. Right now in the crisper there's red & green bell peppers, celery, onion, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, a cucumber, baby carrots, snap peas, the last of the green beans...cherries, 3 kinds of apples, limes, and tangerines. Yesterday we added new bananas on the counter, and the clementines, and the backyard grapefruit. I'm mincing up onion, peppers, carrots, and celery into rice and couscous, because when they're that small, I don't notice the texture & have issues. I'm trying...what happened to being gentle, hmmm?

Renee- we planted tangelo, valencia orange, ruby red grapefruit, regular grapefruit, a key lime, and a vareigated pink lemon. I cannot wait for homemade pink lemonade with splenda. They are all starting to flower this time of year, and with little to no cold snap, I don't know how much fruit we'll get the rest of the year. I'll be happy to share pictures, though.

2007 Goal

Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #42

jennifer--it sounds like you have a wonderful citrus grove growing right in your backyard! I bet it smells divine! I am afraid I would make key lime pie with key limes at my disposal! LOL

My dd doesn't like ANY vegetables. She is 14, and I had hoped she would grow out of her pickiness. I try serve fruits and/or veggies at every meal. My two boys will eat any veggie and actually eat the vegetable before the meat or startch. I am trying to serve two different veggies at each dinner and a fruit. Following the guidelines for servings of fruits and veggies seems like an awful lot, but actually, I think a serving size (all measured out) is smaller than most people think. I think Linda is right, quantity and variety are both important. But veggies are hard for alot of people. Good for you for trying. Who knows? Maybe you will grow to love them!

i was wondering if anyone knows of a good multivitamin that isn't the size of a horse pill, and is a nationally available brand. I think that I should start taking vitamins on a regular basis. I give them to my kids to make up for anything lacking in their diets. I used to think we got everything from our foods if we ate a balanced diet, but like Linda said, you need a good variety to get everything you need on a daily basis and let's face it, sometimes, especially in the winter months, good fresh produce isn't very good and very pricey. Anyway, I am having the worst time swallowing the vitamins I bought. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ok, off to walk a bit on the treadmill and then it is going to be a early night to bed for me because I can't bear to watch nor listen to the president and his words....
Old 01-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #43
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Turtle reporting in

Hi Renee, sorry I didn't shout hello earlier. I wasn't feeling all that well. I didn't mean to ignore you. Thanks for the kudos on my new digs.

So Chickies? I'm back. I slipped a little over the week end. Determined to do better, I ate OP yesterday and had all my points and water in ~ but ~ came home to a warm Pooh Bear that had fixed my favorite meal: Pot roast and vegetables in the crock pot. I didn't know whether to hug him or cry. Good thing I have Flex points to cover such a dilemma. He cleaned house, did laundry and put more things away too.

The good news is, this morning, after coffee and a quick Internet check in, I got on the dreadmill and walked for ten minutes. I know it's not much, but I did it. I was sweating and out of breath. It was odd having to turn the fan on me as I stood before a frozen tundra out my window. The morning sun lit up every piece of ice like a diamond. It was breath-taking, no wait, that shortness of breath was because of my large turtle shell actually working out. I may go pedal too, but I don't want to over do it. When I stand up, I guess I'll decide then.

I called the vet about Jane not pooping. Unless she pooped for them, she's not gone for a few days now. I don't think she doodied on Sunday and that means, four days? They haven't called me back yet. I just wanted to know if it's a reason to be concerned. She's eating and drinking, tinkling and the odd part is, she's playing like a kitten. Even prancing and chasing her tail, rolling over on her back and reaching under the couch, she's trying to scratch things with her nails that aren't there now. This is SO NOT like the cat I know. She's more of a mean decorative cat. I think she over did it, because I saw that one of her paws were bleeding and I had to go around with the bottle of cleaner, cleaning up bloody paw prints. Felt like I was on CSI. For the people in England, bloody footprints would be a bad word, wouldn't it? Oops. Anyway, I'm sure the minimal bleeding on her paw is normal, especially with all her activity, but the not doo-doo-ing is worrying me a bit. I hope they call back soon.

You're stalling Turtle, pedal or wash your hair. Go.

~~~Edit~~~
At the prodding of someone who shall remain nameless (psssst Jennifer) I got on the bike too. I did ten minutes (over a mile). Now, the trick it to be much more consistant. Gotta do my do. Buh bye.

My light bulb moment? A sign that said ....
"I'd do ANYTHING to be thin ........ except diet and exercise"

Last edited by Hotcupojava; 01-11-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:29 AM   #44

Yawn Please please pass the industrial strength !TOM has arrived as well as day six in a row of exercise so yet again I am plum worn out. This morning was an hour of tough step aerobics and I am so glad tomorrow is my day of rest. Wish I could sleep until noon.

Vitamins.. hmmm I think mine would qualify as a horsepill so sorry. Are there maybe liquid vitamins you can take or maybe adult chewables? It's really really hard on a reduced calorie diet to get all the nutrients we need, but we cannot get every nutrient we need from a pill. I wish it was so because it would make my meal planning a LOT easier!! I remember going to see a reg dietitian and saying something about this and then she stated rattling off all these nutrients I had never even heard of before that are in foods, but not found in pills. Eeeks. And don't ask me to name then because I haven't had any coffee yet and I am a wwalking zombie today.

Hope everyone gets some good sweat!

Old 01-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #45

Afternoon everybody!

I walked for approx 40 min on the treadmill this morning--despite feeling like I am ready to hibernate for the winter. I got a new mp3 player for xmas and am slowly learning how to get songs on there, so it has helped in the motivation department.

Linda, thanks for the info on the vitamins. Maybe I will just cut these ones I have up.

Mary, are you still dispatching on the night shift? I am glad you are feeling a bit better and good for you for getting some treadmill time in. Hope you see some kitty poop soon. Gees! I am always yelling at my girls to stop pooping so I don't have to clean the dang box so often. Both of them are declawed, BTW, but I don't remember them having any issues in the potty department. Maybe it's just an after effect of the anesthesia.

I hope the rest of you girls are too busy to post because you are exercising your butts off! LOL