Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #47  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

I follow a type of Wendie Plan in a way as I usually find I eat more on Fri Sat and Sun and then adjust the rest of my days I usually WI on Fri mornings so this gives me the rest of the week to make up for eating a bit more on the weekend.
My pts are down to 20 but I usually stay about 22 for the rest of the week with a few days being 19-20.

I lost a lb this week. It is definately slowing down but I really hope to be back to goal by Christmas.

Have a great day ladies - Hope you had a good Turkey day yesterday and today will be shop til you drop. Can't believe some stores open at 5 AM!!!!

Cindy
Old 11-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #48  
Exercise Queen

Hi everyone, I'm starting the "Wendie Plan" this week, only calorie counting not points. I'm wondering though how you all decide which day is your super high day? I weigh in on Friday mornings, so I'm thinking that Friday or Saturday should be my super high day. Is that correct?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #49  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Yes that is correct with y=using your super high day far away from your weigh in.I figure out the points by the original post,and it has been working good for me so far
Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #50  
Exercise Queen

Thanks! It's a little frightening to think about having a super high calorie day! Do you all try to make it extra "clean" food or do you use it for more splurge type items?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:30 PM   #51  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Im so used to eating healthy I do it naturally now,or eat a little more of a fav food.Or I will have a fav snack here or there.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #52  

Hello Everyone. Stagemom...I usually try to eat healthy. But I also add Peanut butter to my oatmeal or have cream in my coffee. or eat a low fat cream based Salad dressing (lite Ranch) rather then Fat Free French or Italian. I add more protein to my meals also. But sometimes, I just splurge and have something extra like a WW Icecream bar or some low fat sugar free Ice Cream. Or other goodie that I think I want to have. But it really is what you like. So make good choices and you will do good. Have a great day!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #53  
Opulent

I am a calorie/fat/protein/fiber counter and balancer and I have been doing a version of calorie "zig zagging" where I switch up my calories...it's been paying off! I lost 5.25 pounds last week and even ate some of my favorite foods (in moderation). However, I still have these (irrational, I think) fears of gaining the weight back when I eat high calorie or "naughty" foods
Old 11-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #54  
Exercise Queen

Thanks for the tips. I did use the calories more for splurges today because of my dd's birthday party. I've been eating very clean for the past month, so I really enjoyed my indulgences today. Tomorrow will be my super low day, hopefully it won't be to difficult!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #55  

yogini...I know what you mean. But with what I have read, your body works and adjusts to the way you have eaten in the last 3 days. If you eat high in 1 day you start to store your food, then you kick up your metabolism because you ate extra, then eating low on day 2 and day 3 your metabolism is still kicking but since you ate less your body starts to burn what you just stored and more if it needs it.

I know it is hard to understand but it works. I have always felt the same way as you do. but Have found on day 1, I gain 2 or 3 lbs. Then on day 3 I have lost that and more. So dont worry! It works out!

Michelle...You are doing good. It is nice to be able to enjooy foods once in an while with out fear of weight gain and guilt from cheating.

How is everyone else doing?

Well I have to go.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #56  

Question

Hi

I`m new here...so I have a lot of questions about it...But firs i wan to know ...how much lose weiht per week following Wendie`s plan??Thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #57  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Good morning! Yesterday was a low points/calories day for me 24/1200 which was tough. I think it was difficult because of all the hiking around in the snow up in the hills looking for our christmas tree. I probably should have counted and eaten activity points. It also was challenging because DH and I watched a movie last night and I really, really wanted I managed to stay strong and not have any!

Today is 28/1400 right now I'm starting the day off with my sugar free vanilla latte, and my stomache is growling. I guess I should decide what I'm going to eat for breakfast.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #58  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

I'm with Sunshinedaisy......I am used to eating healthy and include a few extras (as in protein) but by no way start to eat with high caloric fatty foods again. I have friends who use their SHD for a 'cheat day' and have anything and everything they normally can't have. I guess that explains why they haven't been doing very well.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #59  
Faith

Default Can I join your group?

This plan looks very interesting to me because I have noticed that I lose more weight when I mostly follow WW and cheat some than when I follow the plan to the letter. I can't tell you how many weeks I've starved myself, only to find that the scale doesn't budge. This week is a perfect example. I ate a good thanksgiving dinner twice this week, and I was bracing myself for a horrible number on the scale this morning. Imagine my shock when I found that I had lost .5 pounds this week. What the heck? I'm hoping that the Wendie plan will work for me, too.
I just have a couple of questions about exercise. How often do you ladies exercise, for how long, and at what intensity?
So can I join your group?
Faith
Old 11-27-2005, 02:42 PM   #60  
banned

i disagree w angel.
while theres no reason for putting down using shd as healthy food, i also feel theres no reason to rip apart a desion to indulge w it either. this is what i do and
im still losing.
i prefer to look at it 'being realistic' and not thinking youre never gonna have stuff again
Closed Thread