Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/212.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Default WW - Is it worth the $$?

Hey all you weight watchers Divas!!
I have been thinking about trying weight watchers for a few years now. I am a bit financially strapped, but I am also at my highest weight ever - I am getting desperate!!
So, for all of you - was it worth the money you have spent (are spending) on it?

Thanks!!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 AM   #2  

Default ww

Hi Autumn! Ref; to your question! Yes yes yes! Actually I too was strapped for money when I started WW. So, on June 7th I went to ebay and bought the basic's. A points finder and some other tidbits. You can send money orders and as soon as they recieve them, your items are on the way. It was fun. But anyways, by doing it at home and with my 3fc friends, I lost 25#! Recently I joined WW ($12.00 a week) and have hit a loss of 30#! So yea, I think it is worth it. I decided to give up pop machines, vending machines and fast food so that I would have the exta money to pay for WW! I love it and wish you tons of success if you start. Actually, I probaby have some things I could send you, if you are interested.
Jeanne
Old 10-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #3  
Collie Mommie

I, too, bought the materials on ebay and am doing the program on my own. I think it is a great program b/c it teaches you moderation, portion control, and there are no restricted foods (I do not do Core). I say go for it!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #4  

WELCOME! YES! It's worth every penney. I've gone back and forth about this. I've tried other ways to do it on my own, trying to save the money. I had the information from previous tries at the meetings. I had joined and didn't follow the program so I quit. Joined again, but found out the next day I was pregnant.

So last year when my son turned 6 weeks old I tried WW again on my own. I lost 25 pounds from September to December. Then life got in the wya and I quit trying. I gained a bunch back. I treid this and that over the winter and spring and in July I decided to make an investment in me. I started the meetings and have stuck with them.

You can succeed on your own with the program, ALOT of people do it. In the meetings you get information and the points slider the first day, and you'll get information each week for 12 weeks. The activity points slider comes in week 3. I bought the complete food guide, I find it's very helpful, sometimes you see them on ebay. They cost around $10 in the meetings.

You'll find TONS of WW who have thier own websites with information for you. There are some people who have gotten all the information they need off teh web. Of course WW doesn't like that and often shuts down sights who break the copy right. But the stuff is out there.

WW also offers an at home package and the online program, both less expensive than the meetings. But I like the meetings. I am a stay at home mom of two, plus I babysit 2 more full time. I need to get out of the house alone. My leader is down to Earth and understands our struggles. It's such a fun positive place to be.

WW takes what you pay and turns it back into research and quality products to help you. I'm sure someone is sitting pretty well somewhere, but I honestly think they put alot back into the program.

To me it's worth it. If you do it on your own, or even do the meetings, a big key is support. Keep posting here. It's a fabulous place to find that support you need and to lend support too. I am in a challenge on the Dr. Phil/Oprah thread and I am also a Slimmin' Sista (we're under WW groups and clubs). We'd love to have you join us I would not do as well as I do without my girls!

Best of luck on your journey!

Last edited by MistySeptember; 10-13-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #5  

ps Just curious is your real name Autumn Joy? It's so pretty. My real name is Misty September, so I always find it cool when I meet other's with Seasonal names. My sister is Summer Dawn.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #6  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

yes it is so worth it best investment in my life in my health in my confidence
Old 10-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #7  

WW itself isn't all that expensive. You have the start up cost of buying the materials, but after that (if you are doing it at home) all it costs is for food and you can buy anything. Sure the veggies and better quality food is more expensive, but are so much better for you.
If you can afford it I highly recommend the meetings. They are great and the support is wonderful. I wish I could go back to meetings, but it is to expensive for me and I can't always make it to them. So when I do make it to one I have to pay for the missed meetings as well as the one I'm attending. Cost to much for me. I wish they would make meetings more affordable for everyone. For some, $12 a week isn't much. I wish I could fall into that catogory.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #8  
banned

i was strapped for$ when i joined in june thank god for credit! lol. anyhow yes its worth it. what i do wanna say is ebay rips you off. you can go to a ww center and get everything you need in week 1 for about 15$ and then do it on yre own.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #9  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

yes ebay will rip you off the books dont cost that much like the dining out guide is 6.00 the grocery guide is about 5 the pt slider to buy extra ones at the meetings i go to they charge 2.00 its worth paying the joining fee to get the week one book and slider and get the dining out guide and grocery guide and your set from there to work it on your own
Old 10-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #10  
Eat well, Live well

YES, I think it's worth it! I am over 40 pounds down now...and I don't know if I can put a price on how much better I feel. How much would you pay if you knew that it would reduce your chance of heart disease, diabetes, bad knees, etc??? I go to the meetings, because I need the accountability. The $$$ I save by not eating out as much, and not buying as much pop and junk foods partially offsets the cost of WW. If you've got the will power or the support to do this on your own, you can get the tools you need from WW in the first 3 weeks (= registration fee + 3 meeting fees). Or, if you don't care about getting the activity slider, you get most of what you need in week one.

Good luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 173.8/149/125

Definitely worth the money.. I'm a struggling student who doesn't have any extra money floating around, but I made the commitment to do this. And occasionally, I have to use a credit card. I didn't buy and won't buy any of the extras (books, etc).
I joined in Sept and they had free registration, so it's only $10.99 per month for me. Check your local WW to see if they're offering free reg!

I've never lost as much in this amount of time before. WW is a lifestyle change. It's also a support system. And the weekly WIs are important for me, b/c it keeps me honest with myself. This website and ***************.net are great sites for support as a supplement to the weekly meetings.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/212.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks you guys - you really helped!!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #13  

Weight watchers is well worth the money! I used to think I couldnt afford ww until I walked in the door I cant afford not to attend weight watchers! GinaH
Old 10-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #14  
banned

im w you gina!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #15  

Very well put Gina! I agree...it is the best thing that I could have ever done. When I see people say things on other posts saying they lost the weight on there own not doing WW or any of the other money wasting stuff, it aggrivates me. WW is only a money waster if you don't do the program properly. They giver you the tools to succeed for life. This works folks...its a lifestyle change that I am so thankful that I decided to do.
Closed Thread