Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 12:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/238/140

Height: 5'5"

It sounds like everyone is doing well.

I had a gain of 1.2 on Friday. I was expecting a gain, but it was hard to face. I have not been going on as many walks, because I have been working in the yard, but I think I need to get those walks in! So, this week my goal is to go on at least three 2 + mile walks and to JOURNAL! Why do I have such a problem with that? Anyway, it's late, and I'm heading to bed. I will check back tomorrow!

Kathi
Old 05-21-2001, 01:07 AM   #17  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hey Marion - great to hear from you and glad you are getting back OP. I can't believe I'm on my 9th weekly coupon - I don't think I've ever gotten through a whole 12 week book

Kathi - Interested in starting a walking thread to post miles etc? I've always HATED walking but now that my husband and daughter come with me I am loving it! We walked 3 miles on Friday night and another 3 tonight... I am amazed that I can do that. But my appetite is definitely increasing because of it. This week I hope to walk 4 days (3 miles each day). I really think it's helping to jumpstart my metabolism (which has been sleeping for 3 years).
Chat with you all tomorrow - a new week ahead!
Kim
239/227/140
Old 05-21-2001, 10:25 AM   #18  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi all,
I thought the walking thread sounded like a great idea, so i am gonna go start it and see how it flies!!!!
See ya there!!!

Marion
Old 05-21-2001, 11:43 AM   #19  
Find a Way

Jody, well, I'm sure you could talk DH into that kind of exercise. Or convince him that walking will increase his endurance in that category as well .

Marion, it's so great to have a support team. Unfortunately most of my friends are thin or just slightly overweight and none interested in following any kind of program. Oh well, just hope I can develop some kind of support network at my new meeting. I've only gone twice so it will be a while.

Kathi, I know how you feel. Even when you KNOW there will be a gain, you still somehow hope that the WW scale won't acknowledge it and at least let you maintain! But it never does .

Kim, that coupon remark struck a cord. I have NEVER filled an entire WI book - all 18 weeks. I think tomorrow will be week 12, so 6 more to go after that. I'd like to have 50 lbs gone when I finish it, but it will come off at it's own rate, as long as I stay OP.

Well, the peonies, columbines, and roses got crushed from the awful and heavy snow we got last night. I sure hope that's it for this season! I can't believe how long winter is going for us. Usually after May 15th you are safe to plant away. Thank goodness we hadn't started yet. But I'd hoped to hike today and now my trails are covered in snow
Old 05-21-2001, 11:42 PM   #20  

The walking thread sounds like a great idea! I see that Cynthia already started it. I need to figure out how to get my stupid pedometer to work all the time. I wen to the zoo today and I know that I walked at least 3 miles, just because of the length of the trails, but my pedometer registered it as .5 miles! Does anyone have any tips for where to place this thing where it will always recird acurately?

Kathi
Old 05-22-2001, 08:30 AM   #21  

Hi everyone,

I finally found my way back here and i appreciate those who replied to me. It is nice to know that there are others out there that are going thru the same thing. I lost 4 pounds over the last 2 weeks. i only weigh in every 2 weeks because i am too cheap to give them money every week. i have a long way to go and thats alot of bucks lol.

Kathi, i have been on weight watchers off and on since beginning of time lol. i was on their original diet when i was 15. i have lost up to 50 pounds on the diet. i think i have had the pleasure of experiencing every diet that they have come up with. i like this one the best. it gives me more control and i can see where it can change into a life pattern and not just a fly by nite diet. i have much greater hope this time then times in the past. it does help that i have a supportive husband.

ww queen, i appreciate your support and everyone elses. i wish i could write more here and i sure will try but i am working a full and part time job. such is the life of a social worker.

i do loose myself in my gardening. everything is small and in the beginning stages. i hope my garden grows as i shrink lolol. i am still having trouble doing the exercise thing although i am a very active person. it is just finding the time and discipline to do that. i often come home and literally dont have time. ok ok i could steal 20 minutes from somewhere but i still have to work on that.

I feel that this time is it and that this is going to work for me. i do have set backs but the difference this time is that i get right back on the points and it does not feel so painful. i also notice that i dont feel so deprived. my one big battle so far is eating out. my husband and i enjoy going out to dinner. it still is a struggle, one i dont always win, when we go out.

you all are so very nice in here and i hope to become a regular here. my heart is with everyone.

Jean
Old 05-22-2001, 09:30 AM   #22  

Hi everyone!!!
Its a yucky rainy day, so i decided for todays exercise, even though a feel like crap i am gonna rip my living room apart, computer desk and all, and flip it around, so if you dont hear from me for a while, you'll know i havent figured out which wires to connect to which

Marion
Old 05-22-2001, 09:40 AM   #23  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hey Marion... come do mine next PLEASE???

Jean - It's nice to meet you. Isn't it great to share with people who all have as much to lose as you do? I know at my meetings I look around and feel only those with more than 50lbs could probably even relate to me. I have a friend who constantly battles the same 10 lbs... but I can't understand how someone with only 10 lbs to lose feels they have a weight problem. I'd be thrilled if the scale even said 150!!!!

Think about it - Our weight issues and diet plans take up so much of my thought process in any given day.... what the heck to skinny people think about all day???

I had a pretty bad weekend - lots of activity but I am having a tough time keeping within my points because my activity is making me hungry. My husband told me just to go with it - and steer clear of the junk. I'm craving orange juice and yet I hate it! I don't even eat oranges because I don't like them. Today I am going to walk even if it is raining - we need it bad!
Bye- Kim
Old 05-22-2001, 09:44 AM   #24  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Kathi - Sorry I forgot about your questions... What type of pedometer do you have? Brand Name? With mine I needed to set my stride for walking and running (mine was 2.5 ft walk and 3.5 ft run) Then I set my weight. Then when I am about to use it, I need to zero out the last sessions info. and make sure the "walk" is displayed in the window. Clip it onto my waistband and as I walk I can hear it clicking away. Be sure it's set to miles also because once I had it set to Kilometers and it took me and my husband and the dictionary about 30 minutes to figure out just how far I'd gone
Old 05-22-2001, 01:11 PM   #25  
Find a Way

Kathy, if it's the one from WW, try the trash can. I bought one of those after a previous leader raved about it, and it was the most inaccurate thing I've ever owned. I tested it with a treadmill and it never got the same reading twice. You may want to research on the internet to find a reliable model. I know the distance of my park walk, and most of my hikes have maps so I can figure that out as well. I use my bike now and then to check out distances as well.

Jean, eating out is a pain sometimes. It's so hard to figure out what the points are in the first place, then there's this big basket of bread placed in front of you with some kind of yummy fattening spread. But it is a skill you will develop over time, you just have to experiement a little and not be afraid to ask questions or make requests. Also, as another incentive to exercise, the more you work out the more points you can have for those restaurant excursions.

Kim, actually, they probably think the same things we do - worry about eating that extra bit of stuff because they might become fat - exercising because they might become fat, etc. Or maybe they are so busy being active in life that they don't have time to think. Even at goal I'll have to devote lots of energy to stay there, but that's my lot!!

I lost 3.8 lbs at my WI this morning for a grand total so far of 35.6 lbs. Next week I plan to be in a new decade. That means surviving Memorial Day weekend, so it's time to start planning!!!!
Old 05-22-2001, 04:30 PM   #26  

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I am sitting here breathing with my updraft machine, guess i did tooooo darn much, but boy does my living room look nice!!!!!! I am so glad it rained i hope my asthma will kick down some.
I bought the ww pedometer also, and havent had much luck with it as of yet, but just bought it a short time ago, so didnt have much chance before i misplaced it, lolol.
oh well i am almost done with this thing, so i am gonna sign off and finish up the odds and ends, ya i know if ya want me to stop ya gotta sit on me, lolol.

Marion
Old 05-22-2001, 04:37 PM   #27  

Cynthia: It is the one from WW. The thing that drives me crazy is that if I have it on my waist band and my waist band curls over a little, it no longer records my miles! I have had days where I know that I walked more that 3 miles on a path, and it registered NOTHING! I thought that I had fixed the problem by wearing it off to the side, but it keeps happening.

Does anyone know of a really good brand, that is not TOO expensive? I don't mind paying for quality, but I tend to lose things, so I try not to pay more than I have to! Are there kinds that you can wrap around your ankle? I would think that would be really accurate. What kind do you have, Kim?

Jean: You and me both! I hope this is the time that does it for me. I know that i f I just STAY, it will come off eventually!

Hope everyone has a good day- it's raining here!

Kathi
Old 05-22-2001, 09:59 PM   #28  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hey Kathi - I have a Sportline pedometer. I bought it at Sports Authority (About $25 I guess??) But it is VERY accurate. I even bought my husband their golf pedometer and he loves it. We've tested it with the car and it is right on. Mine is a teal blue color. I need to run but if I find a link I'll let you know tomorrow.
Goodnight all.... daughter is begging me to tickle her feet - man I hate doing that!
Kim
239/227/140
Old 05-22-2001, 10:30 PM   #29  
Find a Way

Default Heading to Amsterdam

Hey gang, they just set the Stanley Cup schedule and game 2 (the game we have tickets for) is not till Tuesday so we're taking the trip after all. I just wanted to say bye for a while since I have TONS of stuff to do now to get ready and won't have computer time till we get back on Tuesday. Everyone have a good holiday weekend.
Old 05-23-2001, 08:18 AM   #30  

I am off to WI,, wish me luck

Marion
Closed Thread