Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 11:21 PM   #1  
Find a Way

Wink

We reached 2 pages so it's time to start another thread. Hope ya'll come back - everyone.

I've pasted Joanne's post (was on the second page) below so that we don't miss out!

-----------------------------------------------------

I was sitting her thinking "Man, no one's posting! How am I supposed to stay motivated without the team support system?" Then I stopped and replayed that thought. Focus on the word "team". What kind of team player was I if I was expecting all my internet buddies to support me but I haven't been posting much myself? Pretty lousy team player, huh? So, I apologize for doing more lurking than writing and will try to do better from now on.

How is everyone's weather where you are today? We are cold and wet. Pretty normal for early April. At least most of the snow has gone. What's left is in the shadow of trees or other sun blockers but they'll subcome to the sun/rain this month and we'll see new grass soon.

Today marks my 25th day OP. I stumbled a time or two but all in all I feel great! My clothes are already fitting better even though my loss has been less than spectacular.

Have any of you been able to take advantage of the spring weather and get out for your activities (i.e., exercise)? I hope to start walking outside next week on a daily basis.

Well, gotta go. My friend is waiting for me to join her for lunch.
Old 04-12-2001, 11:24 PM   #2  
Find a Way

test

Last edited by Chillin; 04-12-2001 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2001, 11:25 PM   #3  
Find a Way

Way to work the program, Joanne. We had some snow (about 6 inches) yesterday so my hopes of hiking are rather dim right now. However, I did find out that DH wants to spend the weekend in Colorado Springs, rather than just Easter, so I should be able to hike there since they didn't get much at all. Sounds like you are doing great - 25 days OP!!! Have you taken your measurements? Sometimes those go down when the scale does not.

Just an interesting thought - something I heard in a Zamboni's song (they sing hockey songs): "There's no "I" in team, but there is a "me"." Wish I'd thought of that one .

I've been hitting the gym since my park path is either snowy or muddy. Probably won't be able to walk it until Monday. Meanwhile, the gym hasn't been too crowded so it hasn't been bad. I think my hips look smaller in the mirror there.
Old 04-15-2001, 08:37 AM   #4  
Getting back on track!

Happy Easter Everyone!

I have been in bed with some kind of virus. We were supposed to go out to dinner last night and over to my WW leaders for Easter dinner today but I am not feeling any better so I think it will be another day of bed rest. My WW was closed yesterday because of the holiday but I think I did pretty good last week.

I can't belive I kept putting my taxes off and now I have to finish them and get them in the mail. I actually took advantage of the "free" tax help at our local community center but the girl that did them basically told me she didn't know what she was doing so I want to recheck them since I owe almost $1,000

I better run get my ice pack (for the migraine I have on top of the virus) and get back to bed. Miss you all! Keep the thread going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Setina
Old 04-15-2001, 02:18 PM   #5  

Happy Easter everyone .
It's beautiful , & fairly warm here in the Pacific Northwest . It's been so rainy here lately . Imagine that in Washington , huh ?
I have a friend who just joined Bally's in our area . It used to be really expensive . But now since there's so much competition , it's more reasonable . Now you can either pay the regular price , or pay $ 20.00 a month & only go 3 days a week . You pick which 3 & have to stick to that scedule . I don't live close , so I probably wouldn't go more often , anyway . Sounds pretty good to me . I was paying more than that for water aerobics & only going 2 times a week . So , I'm going to sign up when i get back from Hawaii .
I'm trying my hand at making more positive statements . Rather than saying I think I can , i'm telling myself , I can . It's helping (I think) .
Have a great easter . Kathy
Old 04-15-2001, 02:23 PM   #6  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Happy Easter Everyone!!

Hope you all are having a great weekend and holiday. Ours is quiet this year because my mom and her boyfriend are at my aunts in NC on vacation. This has been a horrible eating week thus far. Monday is my son's bday and we celebrated Thursday night with my mom, Friday with his friends, last night with my husband's neice. Luckily that is all out of the way.

I was up 1 pound on Wednesday. Gosh, I just can't break these 190's. Good news is that the sun is out (although the wind is making it chilly), and that means the snow is melting!!! Our driveway is holding up thus far. Keeping our fingers crossed!!

Cynthia, I am with you on the lurking/posting thing. I check this site at least 3 times a day, but only post maybe once a week. I do enjoy what everyone has to say. I will also try to post more.

Well, I think I'll get outside for awhile before dinner. Talk to you all soon.

Sheri
Old 04-16-2001, 05:24 PM   #7  
Find a Way

Hey everyone, I was able to stay OP this weekend and had a 2.2 lb. loss to show for it - for a total of 21 of those nasty things gone!!!! I just kept thinking about all the things I wanted to enjoy other than food and that helped a lot.

Setina, geez woman, maybe you need to get in touch with an herbalist and a nutritionist and get yourself healthy!! Sure hope things start turning your way on the health front soon.

Kathy, I belong to 24-Hour Fitness. I pay $24/month (during one of their specials) and not only can I go anytime I darn please, I can go to anyone I darn please - even in other states and countries - as long as they aren't the really fancy spa ones. I guess there are three different types, basic, sport, and spa. And I love their website, they have such great recipes and advice. Making myself think positively about the WW program and the process has really helped me. Anytime I start thinking that I'm being deprived or feel a binge coming on, I'll start thinking about all the outdoor stuff I'll be able to do because of the program and sticking OP. It has really helped my mental attitude and I no longer feel like a victim when I stay within my points on special days (like Easter).

Sheri - sorry you had such a hard week, and I'm glad those holidays and b-days are over for you for now. Just tell your family you only want flowers on Mom's Day - no food related items .

And hey to the rest of you - hope you guys show up soon.
Old 04-16-2001, 11:32 PM   #8  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Cynthia & Setina (and everyone else)
It's nice to see some familiar names from a few years ago. I guess we have all realized that WW is the best program - but we MUST stick with it - or we may end up spending ALL of our retirement money on weekly dues!

I rejoined on 3/24 and I was happy that I started back just where I had ended with WW in 1999.... although if I had stuck with it in the first place I probably would have been on the lifetimers board by now!!!! But no crying over spilt "fat free" milk - right?

I had surgery about 5 weeks ago so today was my first day out for a nice walk - it was refreshing. I bought a book called "90 days to fitness walking" and I am determined to follow it for the next 90 days - which would bring me to 9/30/01. After my surgery my doctor told me that if my husband and I want to try for another child we would need to do so within the next 12 months... the clock is ticking louder than ever and I MUST get this weight off. Summer is coming and hopefully we can all be more active than any summer before - Good luck everyone!
Kim
239/234.5/140 ....3/24/2001
Old 04-19-2001, 07:49 PM   #9  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

HI all,

Was down 1lb last night. I'll take it esp. with all the birthday cake and ham over the weekend.

I am trying to shake things up a little, so I now start my day at 4pm with my points. Seems to be working for the last 2 days, we'll see how it goes. Need to get out of this rut!

How is everyone doing? Kinda quiet here. We are finally getting some sunshine here. Hopefully it will melt some of this snow. They say 70 degrees on Sunday!!!

Gotta go for now.

Sheri
280/194.4/160 low=190
Old 04-21-2001, 02:04 PM   #10  
Find a Way

Wow, sorry I haven't been here in a bit. I've been taking golf lessons and all my mental energy has been going towards trying to correct my swing. Plus it's hockey playoffs so you won't be hearing much from me for a few weeks, until some more teams have been eliminated.

Once again we are getting crappy weather, winter storm warning is on for the evening and tomorrow. I'm NEVER going to have decent weather it seems. Good thing I haven't bought my new hiking boots yet .

Kim, good to hear from you again, I know what you mean about not looking back. It can be too darn depressing. The main thing is we haven't given up and we are making forward progrss.

SJR, congrats on the loss. I feel mine are going to slow down. I haven't weighed myself this week, but I just don't feel like much has happened. But as long as the movement is down on Monday, I'll be happy. I'm hoping all this time at the driving range will pay off in a big loss of inches around the middle . I remember reading a post on the WW board about starting the WW day in the evening, rather than at breakfast. It seemed to work for a lot of people.
Old 04-22-2001, 09:06 AM   #11  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

We are finally getting some decent weather here in the East. I walked almost three miles last night. I'm in one of those great OP/Exercise weeks. As always, it frustrates the **** out of me that one week I can be so good, and the next week eat the cupboards.

So, where is everyone?

So far, my new way of journaling seems to be working for me. We'll see how effective it is on one of my "not-so-good-at-control" weeks.

Off to do some housework and then maybe I'll go walk some dogs at the Humane Society. I haven't been there all winter.

Sheri
Old 04-22-2001, 10:57 PM   #12  
Returning Member

Hey everybody!

Glad to see you've made it through Easter - Wow! I'm very jealous of the people going to Hawaii soon!

I've been doing well, and am now 1 pound away from a 20-lb star. I've been staying within my points for the most part (there's been Easter candy around, but I've been restraining myself to just a little every day) and I've started riding my bike, so that helps. My goal this week is to ride it at least 4 evenings after dinner for 1/2 hour. Our snow is finally gone, although we did get some flurries this week and it's not bitterly cold anymore, so riding outside is nice.

I've noticed some good things about staying OP - My stomach isn't upset anymore, I'm not hot all the time (sometimes I'm even COLD!) and I'm not so tired. What have you noticed? I'm trying to keep these benefits in my head when I'm tempted to overeat.

Good luck everyone,
Kimmers
332/313/299 (10% goal)
Old 04-23-2001, 04:54 PM   #13  
Find a Way

Sheri, my mom is now helping out at her Humane Society. I wish I could but my allergies prevent me. I'm glad your new way of journaling is working out, it's always fun to change things now and then to make it feel kind of new.

Kimmers, for me the heartburn is gone and I don't cough much. For some reason when I binge and don't get exercise I tend to cough alot, like I have a cold or something. And I can fit through the turnstile at my health club without having to turn sideways!! I can also walk longer and faster, which will come in handy when we go to Amsterdam next month.

I didn't have the most OP week, okay only 2 days were OP, but I did make an attempt each day and still tried to exercise (had an injured foot - the top of it of all places). I was fortunate to have a 0.2 lb. loss, so I'm not taking any chances this week. I'm only 3.8 lbs. from getting that darned 25-lb. magnet. (Should have seen DH's face when I mentioned that - he was picturing an actual magnet, not just a refrigerator magnet, and thinking how strong that sucker would be )
Old 04-24-2001, 09:53 PM   #14  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Well I lost 2 pounds at my weigh in on Saturday (Yahoo!) I was very happy - I don't think I've EVER lost weight the week of Easter. The whole meeting was laughing at me because in total I had 11 points of jelly beans for the week (that's 55 jelly beans if you are counting)... BUT - that is SO GOOD for me! Normally I could eat 55 in ONE NIGHT. But my trigger food is chocolate so I did NOT have even one piece! By Friday when my husband hadn't touched our shared basket with the choc bunny and the foil eggs etc., I put it all in a Zip Loc and stuck it in the freezer. He kept promising me he'd eat it - but it's Tuesday now - and he doesn't even realize I froze it all. He's a freak if you ask me. I always knew exactly what was in my basket - and sometimes I would even recognize if something was out of place!

Kimmers - me too on the Hot body issue. Sometimes I feel chilly now and I haven't felt cold in years! I hope you get your 20lb. star this week!

Cynthia - Even though you didn't have a completely OP week, at least you are recognizing it and can make ammends. the worst is when you ignore what is happening and go haywire. Come on - you are so close to that 25 lb. magnet! I wish I could send you some inspiring web link.... but it would be your own URL address!!!! I just love your site - so many great tools! You need to lose this weight so WW will hire you as thier National Technical Advisor. Your site is better than any I've seen.

Sheri- You are inspiring. 3 mile walks - Oh I wish I were there. I struggled tonight to get through 1.6 miles but now (3 hours later) I feel REALLY GOOD! My daughter is Loving the walks in the jogger. It's a great time for me to chat with her and hear all about her day at preschool. My sister used to run on the boardwalk with my daughter and her daughter in a double jogger. She would run about 5 miles everyday. I saw what the exercise did for her body and I bought my own jogger. The first time I put my little one in (last year when she was 3) I was huffing and puffing as I tried to walk briskly around my neighborhood. I was feeling so good and then my daughter pipes up "Mommy, this carriage doesn't work, Aunt Sandi's goes much faster and the wind blows in my face... maybe we should use hers" I had pains in my stomach from laughing so hard.

Have a great week everyone.
Kim
239/232.5/140 ....3/24/01
Old 04-26-2001, 12:26 AM   #15  
Find a Way

Kim, , you are too kind. Thanks for the compliments on the web site. You'll be glad to know I've been OP since Saturday. I had a brush with the binge monster today, though . Instead I drove my butt to a trailhead and did a very hard hike. Being out in the pine trees really got my head clear and helped me refocus on what it is I'm working towards, the ability to hike anywhere I want in Colorade; among other things.

My husband is the same way. Doesn't he know there is cookie dough in the freezer with his name on it? He's not watching what he's eating, but he said he doesn't always need sweets (not quite sure what I saw in him right now ). It drives me crazy sometimes. Good job on staying away from that evil Easter candy, and great job on the loss.

Tomorrow I get to meet a new friend. I haven't met her personally, just over the WW board. She posted that she wanted an exercise buddy in the Denver area and I responded. We are going to walk around the park near my house. I really love the internet and the friends it brings.
Closed Thread