Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #46  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JesikaBeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 585

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Default

So questions of the day:

How many weeks have you been doing WW? Which program are you following? Stats since beginning WW?

My 2nd weigh in since starting WW is this Wednesday, 1/18. My wife and I are following the PointsPlus program.

I started my weigh loss journey 2 years ago -- I have lost about 100 pounds by watching my carbs and calorie counting. I hit a plateau about 5 months ago, so I began WW to hopefully break out of that plateau and lose the remaining 50 pounds I have until I get to my UGW.

As for weight watchers stats:

WW Start Date: 1/03/17 @ 233.8 LBS
Weigh In Day #1: Wed 1/11/17 @ 234.4 LBS (gained)
Weigh In Day #2: Wed 1/18/17 -
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #47  
Junior Member
 
Lola75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8

S/C/G: 231/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum but not new to WW. I'm hoping to make some friends to give and get support.

The first time I did WW was about 9 years ago, my MIL let me use her books & calculator (I'm not a social person, so meetings are not my thing). I lost 50 lbs that time (was down to 152)! Then over the years my weight has been up and down, been on and off WW and other diets. I know WW works if I stick with the plan, but I always lose motivation.

I reached my top weight of 231 last year and joined WW online, lost some then quit and gained it back. I'm down a few lbs from my top weight now (223). Just restarted WW online last week and REALLY want this to be the year I stick with it!

My main motivation is my family - I want to be a good example to my kids so we can all live healthier, and I want to have more energy so I can spend quality time with my kids and husband.

My short term goal is to just keep tracking every day and to start working some exercise into my routine. Long term goal is to be down to 175 by the end of this year before our Disney World vacation next Jan. But my ultimate goal is 150.

Excited to be part of this group!
Lola75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:37 PM   #48  
Junior Member
 
sleepingbeautycan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3

Default

Well I joined on Monday and going to my first meeting tonight.

Edited to add more about myself. I am in Ottawa Canada and it is very slippery here. I am just shy of 50 and have a great hubby and 2 sons in University. I have had a lot of health problems over the last years and finally they are all "under control". So I wanted to work on losing the weight. I have been on weight watchers before and got to goal (twice) but have gained it all back plus some more. I am 238 (gained about 15 over Christmas). I have very many diet restrictions due to various conditions, so diets are challenging.

Last edited by sleepingbeautycan; 01-18-2017 at 02:41 PM.
sleepingbeautycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #49  
Junior Member
 
angjj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: East Texas
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 186/181/155

Height: 5'8"

Default

Hello! This is the first time I've posted on this site. I, like you, Lola, started WW about 9 years ago, got to goal and then started getting sloppy and overeating. Once they switched to the new program 2010? Maybe? I just kept gaining and gaining. I just got back from my 25th anniversary cruise where I gained 5 pounds added to the 8 pounds I gained over the holidays.
I had tried to redo WW over the years, I just couldn't get the hang of it. I'd run 10K about 3 times a week, but I was ravenous and never lost weight.
I run, workout, garden, work hard on the farm and I STILL gain weight like crazy. I have a voracious appetite and was always told that you lose your appetite as you get older. Well. That's a bald faced lie! LOL!
I lost 4 pounds from Monday just by eating 1200-1400 calories and staying away from sugar.
I don't drink sodas and I know that helps, but man, I love sweets. I've been staying with fruit. So far, so good. Looking forward to getting to know y'all more as we journey through this weight loss!
angjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #50  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JesikaBeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 585

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeautycan View Post
Well I joined on Monday and going to my first meeting tonight.

Edited to add more about myself. I am in Ottawa Canada and it is very slippery here. I am just shy of 50 and have a great hubby and 2 sons in University. I have had a lot of health problems over the last years and finally they are all "under control". So I wanted to work on losing the weight. I have been on weight watchers before and got to goal (twice) but have gained it all back plus some more. I am 238 (gained about 15 over Christmas). I have very many diet restrictions due to various conditions, so diets are challenging.
Hi! Welcome!

How was your first meeting?
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #51  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JesikaBeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 585

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola75 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum but not new to WW. I'm hoping to make some friends to give and get support.

The first time I did WW was about 9 years ago, my MIL let me use her books & calculator (I'm not a social person, so meetings are not my thing). I lost 50 lbs that time (was down to 152)! Then over the years my weight has been up and down, been on and off WW and other diets. I know WW works if I stick with the plan, but I always lose motivation.

I reached my top weight of 231 last year and joined WW online, lost some then quit and gained it back. I'm down a few lbs from my top weight now (223). Just restarted WW online last week and REALLY want this to be the year I stick with it!

My main motivation is my family - I want to be a good example to my kids so we can all live healthier, and I want to have more energy so I can spend quality time with my kids and husband.

My short term goal is to just keep tracking every day and to start working some exercise into my routine. Long term goal is to be down to 175 by the end of this year before our Disney World vacation next Jan. But my ultimate goal is 150.

Excited to be part of this group!
Awesome! I too am not that social, I'm definitely an introvert by nature!

Best wishes on this journey. We got this!!!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #52  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JesikaBeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 585

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by angjj View Post
Hello! This is the first time I've posted on this site. I, like you, Lola, started WW about 9 years ago, got to goal and then started getting sloppy and overeating. Once they switched to the new program 2010? Maybe? I just kept gaining and gaining. I just got back from my 25th anniversary cruise where I gained 5 pounds added to the 8 pounds I gained over the holidays.
I had tried to redo WW over the years, I just couldn't get the hang of it. I'd run 10K about 3 times a week, but I was ravenous and never lost weight.
I run, workout, garden, work hard on the farm and I STILL gain weight like crazy. I have a voracious appetite and was always told that you lose your appetite as you get older. Well. That's a bald faced lie! LOL!
I lost 4 pounds from Monday just by eating 1200-1400 calories and staying away from sugar.
I don't drink sodas and I know that helps, but man, I love sweets. I've been staying with fruit. So far, so good. Looking forward to getting to know y'all more as we journey through this weight loss!
Welcome!!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:45 AM   #53  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JesikaBeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 585

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

My second weigh in was yesterday, and that's more like it !!!

WW Start Date: 1/03/17 @ 233.8 LBS
Weigh In Day #1: Wed 1/11/17 @ 234.4 LBS (gained)
Weigh In Day #2: Wed 1/18/17 - 228.6 LBS

Welcome again everyone!


JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 PM   #54  
Junior Member
 
sleepingbeautycan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hi! Welcome!

How was your first meeting?
Pretty darn good. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the group. The leader is going to see if she can dig up any info on how to do the program on a low protein diet.

So today and tomorrow I am seeing if all protein affects me poorly or just meats. 2 omelettes so far and meat free chili for dinner and we will see how it goes. Thankfully my body tells me pretty reliably with back pain whether the food I am eating agrees with it. So if I don't get pain tonight I will do the protein-full meat-less again tomorrow and if no pain I will assume that I can have meat-less protein.
sleepingbeautycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 03:08 PM   #55  
Junior Member
 
sleepingbeautycan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
My second weigh in was yesterday, and that's more like it !!!

WW Start Date: 1/03/17 @ 233.8 LBS
Weigh In Day #1: Wed 1/11/17 @ 234.4 LBS (gained)
Weigh In Day #2: Wed 1/18/17 - 228.6 LBS

Welcome again everyone!


Yay!! Good for you. I bet that felt good. Any goals for the week?
sleepingbeautycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #56  
Junior Member
 
Zane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2

Default Rejoined Weight Watchers

I have been a lifetime member for over 20 years, but in past few years due to family illnesses, death, etc. I have not gone to meetings. have put back 15 pounds, so rejoined yesterday. . I am at a loss with this new smart points.

It is a pleasure to meet everyone..
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #57  
Senior Member
 
Mossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 321

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

Default

Oh, brother. I've been struggling to stick to my points, have been going about 5-10 over almost every day. I'm trying to dial it down but I've been following a LCHF protocol and now I think I have a good fat addiction/problem. WW does not appreciate HF as you know. In the penalty box. It's really taken me a couple weeks to try and get in the pocket.

I like the Smart Points, it's more like the original plan I've been told. Sugars are given more infractions like too many fats. I'm finding that I really need to take advantage of the zero points for all greens/fruits/vegetables and make the most of those. That's where the satiety comes from. So I've been buying bagged greens, including shredded angel hair coleslaw mix, different salad and kale kits, I pop a Smarts Ones on top of the greens and voila. It is satisfying. I even add a shredded/sliced apple if it's something like a turkey Smarts Ones. This way, I'm not going over the points. My homecooking is loaded with too many fats.

I'm used to several slices of bacon, 3 or 4 eggs in the morning. I actually added my calories up to see what I did today and it was 1500.

How are the rest of you getting along. I hope this thread stays active.

Last edited by Mossy; 01-26-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #58  
Junior Member
 
djtobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Default starting again

HI
I am Darla. I have done WW before and was successful. It works for you if you work for it!! But - unfortunately, I have not worked for it for about 10 years. I am 270 and would like to get down to 160. I am doing grocery shopping this weekend and getting started again.
djtobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #59  
Junior Member
 
lesmakeit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1

Default

Hi all, I've just joined WW for a few days. My name is Leslie. I'm from the UK. I am 30 years old and want to shed weight that I've gained in the last couple of years in grad school (irregular hours, binge eating, lots of cookies every day.) I am not tall and I have really bad knees. So I want to shed more weight before I can start doing more intensive exercise.

Starting Weight Feb 2017: 148LBS
Goal Weight: 105-110 LBS

Last edited by lesmakeit; 02-03-2017 at 02:34 PM.
lesmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:30 PM   #60  
sandias sandi
 
friendly smile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2

S/C/G: 208/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hi all you inspiring people. My name is Sandy. First post so hope I make sense. I will be joining WW on Monday because its a little drive for me. I have several boxes of food from IP so hope I can include them into the WW diet. Look foreward to hearing from everyone. My weight now is about 209 so will post my starting weight at weighin.
friendly smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
weight watchers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.