Old 01-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #16  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello Everyone

So today is day #1 for me on WW

My weight as of this a.m. was 234 LBS.

I am probably retaining quite a bit of water weight bc it's my, um... lady days (LOL, sorry if TMI) but yea...

Breakfast: 7 points
Lunch: (will be 11 points)
Dinner: TBD on points

Daily Points Plus allowance = 31 points.

I'll be checking in regularly! Hope you will be too!!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #17  

Onto day #2... Day 1 was a success !!!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #18  

Day #2 was a success as well. Onto day #3. Kind of concerned though b/c I am eating more now ON WW then I was before not on WW. I hope I still lose and my weight loss stall ends leading me to my UGW!!!
Old 01-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 215.8/215.8/165

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was my first day at work since starting WW 6 days ago...As the evening approached and we were talking about issues, normally I would have consumed about 10 of the little chocolates that are on the table, but ...I ignored them!!!! Even though my colleague was eating...and! earlier, someone brought me a piece of ice cream cake and I thanked her and put it in my freezer (and then threw it away later). Yay! I had some cut pineapple and went and got it instead. I realize I must have a bunch of bulky snacks (I'm into volume) so my goal this weekend is to plan the week and prep the workday food the night before, so I'm not just out there foraging...We can do this!
KabukiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I'm headed back to the meetings. It all works and I'm through with low carb/zero carb diets. They don't work. The rebound weight gains are off the hook.
WW works and I'll be joining you. 30 points a day. Round even numbers work for me, it's a level-headed program and a way to really find peace with food.
I've had it with all of the other stuff I've been doing.

Let's kick this group into high gear. The WW threads have been crickets for years. Time for a reboot. I'm excited. Really.

Last edited by Mossy; 01-07-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 216.6/216.6/198

Height: 5'3"

New to this board, not to Weight Watchers. This is my 2nd time. First time I lost 30 lbs, got below 200 and maintained for almost a year thought I got this, wanted to lose more but was okay with being 196. Started Slacking and slowly gaining back. I am currently at 216, and am on day 2. I still am struggling with tracking, but am being more mindful of what I eat. My goal for this week is to track everyday.
Racemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:12 AM   #22  

Default Hey guys!

This is also not my very first time doing Weight Watchers but I declared 2017 my year so here we go:
I am a 27 (soon 28) year old orginally from Germany but currently living in Chicago. My struggle with weight started in my early teens and when I was 17 I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's (a thyroid autoimmune disease). Ever since the weight continued to creep on and in the past 10 years I have gained about 80lb. After a tough break up in 2015 I ate my feelings and eventually ended up over 100kg for the first time in my life.

Starting weight: 234
current weight: 231
Goal 2017: 194
Overall goal: 150

In the past I got overly motivated and set unrealistic goals for myself, got frustrated and quit. So I am trying to set goals that are achievable for me
neyjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #23  

Arrow

I'm so glad to see people responding and active on this thread

I was disheartened to see that the WW threads were pretty much dormant.

So when is everyone's weigh day? Mine will be on Wednesday's actually, so my first weigh day is this Wednesday 1/11. I'm feeling apprehensive and hoping I've lost weight.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #24  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyjah View Post
This is also not my very first time doing Weight Watchers but I declared 2017 my year so here we go:
I am a 27 (soon 28) year old orginally from Germany but currently living in Chicago. My struggle with weight started in my early teens and when I was 17 I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's (a thyroid autoimmune disease). Ever since the weight continued to creep on and in the past 10 years I have gained about 80lb. After a tough break up in 2015 I ate my feelings and eventually ended up over 100kg for the first time in my life.

Starting weight: 234
current weight: 231
Goal 2017: 194
Overall goal: 150

In the past I got overly motivated and set unrealistic goals for myself, got frustrated and quit. So I am trying to set goals that are achievable for me
Hello and welcome. I also have Hashimotos!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #25  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemom View Post
New to this board, not to Weight Watchers. This is my 2nd time. First time I lost 30 lbs, got below 200 and maintained for almost a year thought I got this, wanted to lose more but was okay with being 196. Started Slacking and slowly gaining back. I am currently at 216, and am on day 2. I still am struggling with tracking, but am being more mindful of what I eat. My goal for this week is to track everyday.
You got this!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:44 AM   #26  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
I'm headed back to the meetings. It all works and I'm through with low carb/zero carb diets. They don't work. The rebound weight gains are off the hook.
WW works and I'll be joining you. 30 points a day. Round even numbers work for me, it's a level-headed program and a way to really find peace with food.
I've had it with all of the other stuff I've been doing.

Let's kick this group into high gear. The WW threads have been crickets for years. Time for a reboot. I'm excited. Really.
Hello, and yes high gear is awesome!
I'm at 31 points a day. My wife and I are following pointsplus.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #27  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabukiKitty View Post
Yesterday was my first day at work since starting WW 6 days ago...As the evening approached and we were talking about issues, normally I would have consumed about 10 of the little chocolates that are on the table, but ...I ignored them!!!! Even though my colleague was eating...and! earlier, someone brought me a piece of ice cream cake and I thanked her and put it in my freezer (and then threw it away later). Yay! I had some cut pineapple and went and got it instead. I realize I must have a bunch of bulky snacks (I'm into volume) so my goal this weekend is to plan the week and prep the workday food the night before, so I'm not just out there foraging...We can do this!
AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:46 AM   #28  

Question: Anyone following PointsPlus -- how do I know when to go *down* on my daily points allowance?
Old 01-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #29  

I'm going to my meeting tonight. I can't wait! My friends and I watched the Dr. Oz WW segment last week. It motivated all of us to go back. We don't live in the same locale so I'll be hanging by this thread for support. Yes, it's been crickets for years.Those commercials are effective.

A calorie is not a calorie, that's for sure. It's all been calibrated for you. A cup of pasta, any pasta is 5 Smart Points. I have relatives who know the original program back and forth. I still remember their favorite recipe of pasta, tuna, frozen peas, celery, sweet onion, fresh lemon and mayo.

I prepped my pasta into 1 cup bags. Freezes well. You just put 1-2 Tbspoons water into the bag and leave the corner open. Toss in the micro for about 30 secs (depending on your micro watts). There you go, take it to work and throw your ingredients into a container. Mix in with the pasta and it's great for work.
Whole grain pasta is 4 points for one cup and it's the better option. But sometimes, you want that gluten-full pasta. Not everyone has an allergy. I don't, so I'm not limiting my choices.

I've done that and it doesn't last. I'm going to choose my choices based on my likes. Could you really lose weight with 30 points of garb-ola, crappola foods. Probably but pie and ice cream only satisfies for a micro second. Within about a month, you settle into a way of eating that makes sense for your head and body.
We can have nuts and fruits and bread and pasta - with vegetables and proteins and fats. All of it.

Last edited by Mossy; 01-09-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #30  

You cannot buy the points guide books online. You have to go an actual meeting to get your hands on one. There are books with recipes but for your everyday foods, you need the guide book. There's a restaurant guide, too. The membership is free for about one more week. Now is the time to go and sign on the dotted line. Commit ourselves to the process. I'm going to do the current program. If you read the lastest report rating for diets, it's at the top. It's goes in cycles as all things do. But right now, it's hot and I'm jumping back in with both feet.

Sure, you can order online foods delivered to your door. But what does that teach you in the long run. If you have enough money to order food every month for the rest of your life...you can maintain a large weight loss. That doesn't work for me.
I can eat whatever I'm fixing for my family and vice versa. No speciality foods or fixing separate meals. That wears you out. We can eat whatever everyone else is having. Anywhere. Not all day long, of course.

I'll be leaning on whole foods. Not boxed foods filled with preservatives, sweetners and additives that can sit on a shelf for months on end. That includes the frozen dinners, only in a pinch.

We have to measure and gauge the portions. We can't manage what we don't measure.

Last edited by Mossy; 01-09-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Tags
weight watchers