Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #61  

Well, it took a great deal of will power but I adhered to the menu this evening. I was standing out in the cold after afternoon in the driving rain (a whole other story) and running late, arriving home and I just felt like heading to the drive thru someplace or calling for pizza delivery.
But, I stuck to the plan. I had the ham steak, homemade hash browns (leftover diced baked potato with onion, olive oil), along with salad and lite dressing.
I'm still hungry. The last few nights I have been still hungry after my dinner. It's hard to make the remaining 2 points at this time of day stretch into something filling enough to hold through the night.
What to do?

Last edited by derrydaughter; 02-26-2010 at 01:56 PM.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #62  

According to the Wii fit when I got on and exercised this morning, I have lost .3 pounds. Well, according to my home scale, I gained. Whatever....
I'm still trying at least.
Over 300,000 homes in NH are without electricity and we were without power last night for awhile too, lost Internet and phone service earlier today. Our yard looks like a war zone. I'm thankful to have heat, power and be OK.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:10 PM   #63  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Oh wow. I'm no stranger to losing power (I've got hurricanes that'll knock it out for days to longer depending), but I couldn't imagine losing it when I need it so badly for warmth!

I suppose that fireplaces help those who've got 'em up there, but still, I couldn't imagine that chill, Linda!

Stay warm, and I'm hoping that the winter will ease up on you guys up there.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #64  

Ah, winter is nearing an end. Last year, during and ice storm, we were without power for 8 1/2 days. What a nightmare. We do have a wood stove and it helps to use that, at least. The worst part is that we are on a well vs. town water. We have to go out in search of water when power is out for extended time periods.
We bought a generator after that mess, last year. So, now I am more fearless.

Aside from all of that, I'm hungry. I'm really hungry this week and trying so hard to stick with this.
I've been trying to eat filling foods, but so far it's not helping.
I'll have 2 points for dessert tonight and I'm at the stage of thinking I'll eat oatmeal so I can sustain myself better. Weird dessert, but I need something!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #65  

Well, today, after 5 days of sticking with a pre-planned menu and 4 days of exercise, the scale still didn't more. I was so hoping that something would happen today.
I even stripped off (showing dedication on a cold winter morning) my nightgown and bathrobe to hopefully show a scale loss... but nothing.
I shall continue. My motivation is high right now. I know that if I keep sticking with this, there is going to be a breakthrough.
I was so hoping that even .2 would show something, a reward of sorts for this effort. I've gone hungry this week many a time and we all know it's like to want to eat and not allow yourself.
I hate that feeling.
Can any of you suggest some REALLY filling food choices that I might easily incorporate? I'm writing up a menu plan for this upcoming week and I think oatmeal might work for breakfast a few days. I didn't end up having it last night, by the way. Seemed too weird for a dessert item. It wasn't what I wanted. I had chocolate frozen yogurt instead. I felt reasonably satisfied, but was climbing the walls throughout the day feeling hungry....
Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #66  

Good morning! Today is day 6. I made out a menu for this entire week yesterday and I am OK with it. Tomorrow will be a challenge as I have a pot luck luncheon to go to. But, I mentally rehearsed picking a few more healthier choices and we shall see how it goes. I've only allowed a 2 point breakfast (vita muffin and WW yogurt) and gave myself 15 points for the lunch. I'll try to figure it out when I get home, but when it's pot luck you really do not know who will be bringing what.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #67  
Another Tammy

Pot lucks scare me, too. Just make sure whatever you bring will be WW friendly and appealing to you because that could wind up being the only thing that's WW friendly. Even bring your own fruit or snacks if you need to. At my work, we take turns bringing lunch on Fridays. Scary stuff to face every week! I always make sure to have a low point Lean Cuisine in the freezer, some WW snacks and my Food Companion book on hand. It's a little tedious to plan for but I know that I need to do it. Don't be afraid to have with you whatever it is that you need to be successful. You'll be fine! Let us know how it goes! Good luck!
Ms. Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #68  

Thanks, Ms. Sassy. I love your cat photo, I have a cat that looks almost just like yours, by the way. I tried to attach a photo of my dear Grover here for you. He's one of the most affectionate cats I have ever known.

Well, we shall see what happens with today's meeting and pot luck. It's really raining here and several people are still without power from Thursday's storm. The town where we meet is about 45 minutes west of here and I see on the weather they are getting snow there. I'm nearer to the ocean. Many schools are cancelled and I have my fingers crossed that we shall still meet today. I have so much organized and ready to go. We have a quilting workshop after our luncheon and are making quilts for children with cancer. I hope we can still get this done today.

But, if I don't have to attend the pot luck lunch, then I won't have to worry about food, so that would be one thing that is good. However, I am really wanting to go.

I blew it last night and we went out for pizza, by the way. I feel a bit badly as I think I went over my points for the week, then, by about 5? Hard to say, as my new menu isn't exactly tracking how many flex points I have used, it plans differently. I'm going to have to start recording points better this week, I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GroverNov82007.jpg (29.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #69  

I am not giving up on this thread! Where IS everyone?

I am so glad to have my pre-planned menu for the week. I'm getting back on track easier, even after a slip up or two. It sits on the island in my kitchen and before starting my official day, I can look up and see what is planned. I can easily revert back to being in control, because I made the controlling easier.
Breakfast is cheerios, skim milk and 1/2 banana... done.
Snacks are planned, lunch and dinner are figured into my day. I know the plan, I can follow the plan.
What kinds of planning are YOU putting in to your day?

Is anyone out there reading this?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

DD: I hesitate to give anyone advice that I am not following, but... when I started WW, I had no concept of healthy eating. I literally did not know where to start.

So I looked at the Fat Smash diet plan and built my menu around those suggestions. I didn't follow the FS plan, I just used their list to start building WW menus around.

Are you familar with Fat Smash? The first thing I changed about my diet was adding beans. I could literally eat beans with every meal, dressed up different ways. Very filling and easy to spice up.

Maybe you could look to FS for a resource of filling foods.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #71  

I have not heard of Fat Smash, interesting.
I love beans as well, all kinds. They are so healthy. I wish my son, the only one home with me during the week, liked beans. I would be having more meals utilizing them.
Have you ever made homemade Boston Baked Beans, yummy! I wonder if there is a lower point recipe for those. You could use turkey bacon instead of salt pork, I guess? Also, RP, beans are so good for you. My grandfather ate baked beans along with oatmeal every day for breakfast and lived to be 97.
I'm having a very busy and hectic week and I am so glad to have my menu all set up and all the groceries here on hand. I can do this.
Funny thing, after being on program for a solid 9 days that scale, my arch enemy, has not even budged a single .2 - not a darn thing. Kind of frustrating. I am beginning to wonder if it is broken? Usually my weight fluctuates each and every day.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 03-04-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #72  

Gotta start over today. Too busy, too much stress in my life and I blew it.
Today can be a new beginning.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #73  

I held on for dear life yesterday. Stress, busy schedule and being alone for dinner last night was a trigger. I almost broke down when it was nearly 6:00 pm and I was on my way in and there was no dinner waiting for me.
Drive thru sounded so easy, so tempting, so ready to eat right away and throw paper products in the trash, no dishes, warm food ready to eat. What was I thinking? It was like a trance came over me and I wanted to just find comfort and make it easy.
No! I didn't do it. I went home and made my dinner. What a good girl I was?
I have to admit having a belly ache also had something to do with my avoidance. Perhaps I've been eating the wrong things? My intestines were telling me to calm down and behave. I had a great deal of legumes early in the week and I think my stomach couldn't handle it, plus I feel like maybe a bladder infection coming on?
So, I stayed in. I ate homemade chicken rice soup from the freezer and I drank plenty of fluids and took cranberry tablets and Tylenol. Feeling "iffy" today but hope I have fought this battle and won?
So, I avoided the drive thru, though I wanted it.
What have you avoided this week that you are proud of?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 227/205/160

Height: 5'5"

Can someone tell me exactly what the Fat Smash Diet Plan consists of. I am doing W.W. and like it but have hit a plateau for the past month and it is driving me crazy! Maybe if I try something different it will help. Thanks ahead of time!
Linners83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #75  
fake it till you make it!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Default Help!

Help! I am new to weight watchers as of January, not in "officially", bought the kit from e-bay. I was sticking to 19 points, the amount I had figured out for my weight and height, and I did lose about 7 pounds in about 6 weeks. Then all of the sudden, I gained 4 pounds. I did absolutely nothing different except exercising for 15 to 30 minutes more a night, for a total of 60 to 90 minutes. I did not eat the 35 weekly points, or the activity points. I am so discouraged. Someone suggested that I was not eating enough to support my activity level. I have added 5 more points to my day this week but I am so incredibly scared that I am going to gain a bunch of weight. I would appreciate any guidance/advice you all might be able to give me. Thanks in advance!