3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/191440-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

derrydaughter 01-19-2010 07:31 AM

Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey!

This is a great thread for those who want support, helpful hints, friendship and a great bunch of people to communicate with. This thread has existed for a long time and we keep re-starting it whenever the old one gets too long. Feel free to stop in and chat, we are not a "closed" group and welcome newcomers. Some of us have been together for well over a year, some only a few days, but we care about each other. We offer tips, we share, we pick each other up of the floor when we've had rough times and we applaud when someone does well.

So, please do stop on by and share a bit, support is what it's all about! We can really do this together.
:hug:

derrydaughter 01-19-2010 07:38 AM

Well, I did get on my treadmill yesterday which was a good thing. I decided to try that instead of the Wii fit, as that has become a bit boring for me. Maybe I will do better if I have two things here at the house to switch back and fourth with? I just get bored with one form of exercise.
This morning, I hope to be on the treadmill again, but time is short. Have to go grocery shopping.
I dragged two WW cookbooks out yesterday and plan to buy ingredients to make a few different things this week. So bored... bored with exercise, bored with the program (which is kind of why I have not been sticking with it well, perhaps?) and bored with the same old foods.
I hope to rekindle my interest. At least I am coming back here and that represents trying? Adding a bit of exercise to each day also represents trying. But, eating has not been on track and journaling is still falling by the wayside.
Next Tuesday, I hope to go back to my normal WW meeting and maybe that will help? Daughter moves back to college next Sunday and that will also help me, I think? Less snacks on hand as she is quite the snacker. She has her own weight issues and as she is an adult (19) living in her home. I cannot dictate to her what she can or cannot do. I've been there, done that, with her and I have to let go and let her either do it or not on her own. I can't even make remarks to her about it, she gets angry at me. Perhaps her weight issues are part of a rebellion against me? If I nag her, she does the opposite? Oh well, no matter what I have to keep my mouth shut.

mpaigew 01-19-2010 09:58 AM

Good morning all...just wanted to check in quick.

Still feeling pretty crappy...my appetite isn't all there, and I decided to go back to the dr today. I started getting a burning in my chest when I cough so they are going to do an xray to rule out pnemonia. I hate winter!

Anyway...I have weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how I've done this week. I don't think I've gone down anymore, and I guess that would make sense as I haven't been able to eat much this last week.

Hope everyone has a good day!

NotFatImFluffy 01-19-2010 10:10 AM

Derry - it sounds like your daughter is insecure about her weight. I'm 21, only a couple of years older than her - and I can relate to your situation. My mother has weight issues and I never did until I reached my late teen years. I've not lived at home since I was 17 but the weight has been piling on since. When I go home to visit I can tell my mother wants to say something but I'm grateful that she doesn't. The rest of my family though - they're not so kind.
She probably KNOWS she has a problem but isn't in the mindframe to change in.
Good luck in getting back on the wagon. It sounds like you have one leg hanging over the edge. Hopefully this week will be great for you and will give you the momentum you need to pull yourself up completely!

Paige - I'm sorry you're not feeling well, I've been sick myself the past few days. I'm feeling hunger pangs but I really don't WANT to eat. I don't even know how much I weigh as of today because my scale is telling me I weigh 10 pounds. *sigh*

As for me: I posted in the WLS section that I'm going to lunch with a dear friend (WW Magazine this month says that statistics show women who eat with other women eat MORE...great) and refuse to overeat like I always do. I'm going to make sensible decisions. I've already got dinner marinating for later tonight so the meals are planned and there's no guesswork/'id rather eat than think about what to make myself so let me go to McDonalds for a cheeseburger even though I have turkey burgers ready to be cooked in the fridge'...............
I'm really liking the 3FC forums and I'm excited to get to know more people - the support here has been great already. I don't get much of that where I'm at.

Have a great day everybody!

belezura 01-19-2010 10:29 AM

Hi everyone... Here I am, back from my vacation and feeling super duper fat :( Gained many pounds after almost 3 weeks eating whatever I wanted and no exercise. Last time I went to the gym was Dec. 29th. Will be back today though... Don’t really want to face the scale, but I have to do it to motivate me get back on track.
I am feeling disgusted with myself and am glad to be back at 3FC to get some support to go back to my old days... It have been very hard so far...
Hope everyone is doing well...
:)

zanheltangia 01-19-2010 04:58 PM

Way to go, Linda! Switching between that treadmill and the Wii game will hopefully keep a spring in your step, :D And I hope you find something on-plan food-wise that might peak your interest as well.

Unfortunately, I understand the daughter issue very well, remember that we (daughters) tend to be rather crabby towards our moms every once and a while, especially on touchy subjects and not only in a rebellous way. I can be a bit snippy myself when my mom brings up something I just have no interest in doing or feel uncomfortable discussing. Maybe your girl has a touch of the same? Possibly just very content with her sudden adult freedoms and a bit abrasive when someone gives her a different option or opinion? Just a thought, ;)

Well, :hug:s all the same for getting your exercise in, I'm cheering for you, Linda!

SissieSue 01-19-2010 10:42 PM

Derry -- I like to think of all of my try-and-try-agains as practice. It's great that you're adding a bit of exercise in. And don't worry -- the journaling will make an appearance again, too. I can only speak for myself here, but sometimes I just have to live with an idea for a while before it takes a physical form. With luck, you'll find motivation at your meeting!

Have you thought about trying a new cookbook? I just tried a new recipe the other day that makes me happy to eat. It's not from a WW cookbook, but it follows the same basic principals. Maybe going outside of your normal recipe selection would help, too? I get inspiration from watching the Food Network -- even though little of what's shown is WW friendly, it really gets my creative juices flowing. :dizzy:

shelbysmom 01-20-2010 08:59 AM

hi........ I figured I'd come back.....I'm ready and willing now...I'm tired of calling myself names..lol.....i weighed last friday.......202......ugh..talk about an eye opener.....plus my britches are getting snugger.....I'll be back later to post my food today, already had my special K..... :D

zanheltangia 01-21-2010 08:42 AM

;p

How is everyone doing? Got plans for the weekend? :dizzy:

haylo921 01-21-2010 09:24 AM

Hello Everyone,
Paige: I hope you feel better
Derry: just try your best... it does get boaring for me sometimes to and then that is when I fall of the ww wagon and then gain weight and then regret and then back to square one.. I am trying my best to stick with it.. and I am hoping for good results. We know we can do this it just takes time and persistance.

As for me... Well talking about falling of the WW wagon.. I worked out 2x yesterday and then decided that I needed to have a chocolate fudge sunday from Mcdonalds. I pretended like I knew nothing about points values.. then after eating and feeling guilty I looked up points and it was seven points. I used my flext points and am trying to move on from it. Then today I had a not so WW friendly breakfast.... Why do I do this to myself... and then try to come up with excuses when I show a gain on the scale. Okay so I have decided that I will not let my little slip ups get me.... and I will continue on my path... after all I am only human. As for this weekend... I am planning on getting myself out there and running on both Saturday and Sunday got to run off that chocolate sunday before I weigh in on Saturday...

Hope everyone is well.

shelbysmom 01-21-2010 10:20 AM

ok so.............i didnt do great yesterday sorry i didnt post yesterday...i ended up fixing chicken scampi last night,my very first time fixing that and it was delish,but i know very fattening,shame on me........so I started over to day and i am sticking to it........lol...hope every one is doing good ....ttyl!

derrydaughter 01-21-2010 04:43 PM

Leave it to me to restart the thread and then forget to subscribe to it. Duh.
At any rate, do want to share that I tried a new recipe last night. It was awful. If you have the WW cookbook, Now and Later, do not try the crock pot meatloaf recipe that then converts to spaghetti and meatballs. My entire family of 4 disliked it. Usually, at least one of us will like a new recipe but this time is was a unified opinion. Ick. I am surprised as the recipes in WW cookbooks are generally ones that I don't mind eating. So, be forewarned.
Paige, sorry to hear you are not well. I hope you recovered quickly.
Fluffy, thanks for the encouragement. You are probably right about my daughter.
Beluruza, let's get back on the wagon together!
Zan, thanks. I hope my daughter and I do better. At least when she is away at college it is all in her hands. I hope her new roommate eats healthy as that will help her a great deal.
Sue, as per this posting, so much for the new cookbook idea. But, I am not giving up. I will be trying more new things. "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch" as they say. Tonight's dinner is fish.
Haylo, we can both use some exercise. I hope to get on the Wii fit tomorrow and a few more times over the weekend. We've also talked about going to the local Home Show on Saturday. Lots of walking around will be good for me. I like to go to things like that and just wander and look. It's exercise but also fun.
Trysh, welcome back. Good to hear from you.

derrydaughter 01-22-2010 08:47 AM

Just got through reading Dottie's Weight Loss Zone's newsletter, it comes periodically in my inbox. I like this quote and it is a good one for us to keep in mind today and every day:

“You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
~~George Horace Lorimer

zanheltangia 01-22-2010 10:14 AM

I'm thinking about picking up a piece of salmon this weekend, and maybe some lean ground beef too.

Uh oh, Ms. Uncooked-Veggie is going to have to find her frying pan.
O.o;

*laughs*

haylo921 01-23-2010 02:35 PM

Oh no......:devil: I weiged in this morning and I showed a .6 lb gain. I was so frustrated... argh.. I know didn't eat to bad.. but I guess I didn't eat to good either. I guess it's time to reset and just try again next week. :mad: