Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #46  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Just recalculated the points of my torillas again, they went from the fictional 0pts to the hard fact of 2pts. OUCH!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

May have had a loss this week (weighed at two different places) but I didn't have a gain! I know the steroids are going to make it tough, but if I can at least stop gaining, I will be happy. Well, that is a lie, I want to at least get out of obese again.
roundpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 222/222/160

Height: 5'4

I'm jumping in to say hello and say the weekends are so tough!!!! And its only my first weekend! I do love etools though for helping plan and making adjustments.

Roundpeg - I tried to PM you but I am not allowed to yet because I just joined. I went through chemo recently too and understand what you're going through. I will contact you soon I hope!
newleafmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #49  

Good morning friends!
Well, what a few weeks this has been and I am so relieved to say that my issues are over with, I was really busy with a project, my son ended up in the hospital (dehydration after food poisoning - horrible) and on top of that we had two family birthdays (mine on the 18th, Thursday) and a farewell party for dear friends being transferred away.
I am SO ready to start anew with this program and get on track.
I have a new plan, a fresh idea. At least it gives me hope. It's my own thought and maybe it will be what I need to make it work?

I'm ready to devote time and effort and here I go!

What is this new plan for me?

Well, I respond well to menus. Yet, the menus made up for me by Weight Watchers or magazines are difficult for me as they often have foods that are not regularly in my home and/or items that I dislike or will not work with the wild schedule I keep. Also, there are often foods on those commercially made menus that other members of my household will not eat.

I was really inspired here. I decided to map out an entire week's worth of menus for myself, including snacks and work them into my point allowance.
It sounds kind of regimented but I need that, I think. I can give myself a tad of flexibility and have one or two options, depending on my mood, for things like breakfasts and lunches. I can use up what I have on hand and make a few things exciting, but if I have this plan, I might not stray?

I have problems sticking with my program. I often say that I am going to re-start things and then by 2 two or 3 I will lose control. The journal that I said I was going to complete is left by the wayside, and I'm out there in restaurants, ordering that 2nd glass of wine (or worse, Margaritas) and having the bread/butter and partying it up with the rest.

Well, that needs to stop or be curtailed, at least.

I weighed myself yesterday and I have to move my tracker UP by 2 pounds this morning. I hate doing that, but I need to be honest.

I might try this new approach and then see if I can do this well. I might try to get to a WW meeting by next week. I've been off and out of control for a very long time. I think the last meeting I went to might have been around Thanksgiving?

In the meantime, my dear sister has been on WW for about a month and she keeps emailing me about her success. She's lost 12.2 pounds. For me, the long term WW person and lifetime member who has gained it all back, that makes me feel sad. I could be doing this too? Aside from that first week or two of "honeymoon" with her being a new WW person, there is nothing different from the two of us, right? So, why am I floundering while she is having great success? Time for me to get my act in gear and I am ready, now that my own birthday, my son's birthday, Valentine's day and all the entertaining is done. Hopefully, no one else will be in the hospital either, that was awful. The project (quilting) I have had to get up and rolling and get many people involved with is under way and the major push I had to make is finished.

So, here I am and I shall perhaps share my menu when I get it done. I'm going to make a healthy breakfast and sit there with a legal pad and map out my week this morning. If feels good to be thinking in terms of a plan again.
derrydaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #50  

Day one of my menu has been completed and I feel accomplished. Having a plan and sticking with it is essential.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #51  

Well, I got through day 2 of my new menu plan. I hope that the scale will favor me with even the tiniest of losses. But, nothing really to report. It is too soon.
I have been on the treadmill 2 days in a row and have been well within my points range.
RP, good that you are back here. How are things going?
I'm glad there are a few newcomers here. I hope to hear more about your lives and how you are working your weight loss efforts into your days.
Today is a pre-planned day to use a few flex points. But, not too many.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #52  

Newleafmom: I look forward to hearing from you when you get PM. Did you have weight gain on chemo, will it fall off when the steroids stop?

DD: I admire your tenacity, just keep plugging along and I am sure you will find a system that works for you.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #53  

RP, how are you feeling now? Any better? How much more chemo is there left for you to have? I'm hoping it will all be over with soon and you can get on the road to recovery.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #54  

DD: I have three more months of chemo, weekly treatments. They give me steroids to battle the side effects. I am not sure if I can lose weight while taking steroids, steroids tend to cause weight gain. So I am trying to just hold steady. Three weeks without a gain, that is good. (But Girl Scout cookies...that is bad).

It is hard to eat right when taste buds are shot, chemo makes stuff taste bad so I eat more comfort foods than I should. I did get back to semi healthy breakfast with my 1pt English muffins and egg product.

Baby steps and trying to give myself a little slack.

Hope you are doing well.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 AM   #55  

I just looked up a web site for you about proper eating while going through this, RP:
http://www.chemocare.com/eatingwell/cancer_diet.asp
I know it's hard. I'd be having the same issues, I think.
G.S. Cookies? I'm actually relieved that no girl scouts approached me this year. When none are in the house, then I do OK. : )
I completed day 3 of my new pre-written menu. I'm liking it so far. It's all planned out for me.
I lost track a tiny bit yesterday but substituted what I ate for one of my other pre-planned snacks. Plus, breakfast ended up being 3 points instead of 4, so I was within my menu plan for the day. So, day 3 - check!
This evening, I am making pasta (a gluten free kind that I want to try) as a side dish. I will have it with a small bit of soft margarine (a healthy brand blended with yogurt with no trans fats) over top and a salad. Tomorrow, at lunch, I will have leftover pasta topped with diced tomatoes with a bit of low fat cheese melted over top. I might saute a bit of onion and pepper in non-stick spray to add to it. Depends on how much time I have, will be sandwiching lunch in between two meetings.
I like having a plan. Sure wish the scale would favor me with a tiny move.
I have been on the treadmill 3 days in a row. Today I plan to mix it up a bit and get on the Wii fit. I dislike how it reminds me of weight gains and reminds me of how long it's been since I've been on it, I know it's not human but I really find that part distasteful and wish it could be altered to not say that to me. Makes me less likely to get on it. I know I'm silly.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #56  
Warning 3FC Addict

I really doubt the wii fit board's accuracy myself with regards to its scale, but don't let whatever it spits out hold you back from getting on it once in a while. It is basically a video game, remember that, though the controls are a bit tricker since you have to actually move your body around.

I can't remember if you can skip the body test all together if it really makes you uncomfortable, but I know you can skip part of it to get to the games quicker.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #57  

Yes, it is only a "game". It just weighed me and did it's "measuring". I burned 43 calories on it. That is almost a point. I set a new goal with it to lose 4 pounds in 2 weeks. We'll see how that goes.
I'm off to the treadmill to do another 10 or 15 minutes to bring my calorie count of burning up a bit. I'm sad to report that the Wii fit told me it had been 53 days since I was last using it. Has it really been that long since I got off track? I would have guess a month.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #58  
Warning 3FC Addict

I wonder how many days mine has on it... (The fit board is at my parents' house, a good hour and a half away now that've moved again.)

But you were doing good on trying to watch what you were eating a while ago, so it just may be that was how long since you've had a chance to tackle the board. Something about house construction was the last time I remember reading about it.

I really need to get my butt signed up at the local gym. I've let my recent office and home moves push it off since I've been hauling things left and right since then. But now that the junk is basically in the right spots, I better get my butt moving.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #59  

DD: thanks for the link, but it doesn't look like much fun! Giving in to my comfort cravings is more fun!

But seriously, I read that people that gain less than 13 pounds on chemo have an increased survival rate. So that should give me the kick in the rear. I have gained 8 pounds so far.

Frankly, I never would have expected this. In the movies, people are puking and losing weight and can't keep anything down. But the nurses tell me it is just the steroids and alot of it is fluid from the steroids.

I have held steady for three weeks, that is good.

The food that I was eating during my good weight loss tastes like cardboard now.

Last edited by roundpeg; 02-24-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #60  
Warning 3FC Addict

The movies are terrible with their dramatized scenes and completely fictious information/science. Some aren't any better than day-time soaps!

You are doing great for holding steady for those three weeks, !