Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-28-2005, 07:18 PM   #31  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Remotely, welcome out of lurkdom! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know it is kind of heart breaking to think about having to lose 100+ lbs that were regained previously, but every experience gives us knowledge on what we might want to do differently next time. Also, one thing is to lurk in the maintainers forum, it is a good forum to learn from.

As for this week, I wasn't planning to go to the gym yesterday because I had my fasting blood glucose test this morning but I did. The blood glucose test was torture as I hadn't eaten for about 10 hours (from last night to this morning) and then they gave me this sugary syrup drink and then took my blood every hour for 2 hours. (3 times total, initial then hour 1 then hour 2). I felt so sick after the drink and felt like I was going to pass out.

Afterwards, I went to Atlanta Bread Company because it was close and I needed a "treat". I was good, I had a chicken sandwich on their multigrain bread and passed on the chips. I felt oh so much better but still haven't been feeling great all day. Then I went to the gym and had a pretty decent leg workout but I'm tired and hungry again! So I'm cooking some veggies and meat right now. One thing that was discouraging is that I was up a couple lbs (yeah i know I shouldn't weigh every day) but TOM is next week so I'll blame that.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and have a good weekend.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:16 PM   #32  
Mel

Welcome, Remotely Glad to have you out of lurkdom! And you don't need to LURK at the Maintainers forum One of the things that all us maintainers agree on is that to be successful, maintaining is just a continuation of a lifestyle established during your losing phase. So if you are successfully losing, you are practicing for maintaining!

Nelie- Did you get the results yet from the GTT? It is a miserable test If you've been eating low GI and sugar free, that gook must have hit your system like a ton of bricks. No wonder you felt horrible!

Laura- Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I wondered where you had been. Welcome back.

Sugar Cube- I don't remember where you said you live, but I'm glad I'm NOT there Our 10" of snow with another 2 promised this weekend is more than enough for me.

Rabbit- Hope the week is ending up better than you anticipated, or that plan "b" is seeing you through. Chin up!

Today was the last of my lifting days for the week I did back, and had a good heavy session, including 4 sets of pull-ups (8,7,6,4). Reps aren't were I used to be, but I was pleasantly surprised that I could still do that many. My legs are still complaining from Wednesday and my triceps are screaming from yesterday, I'm sure my back will be sore tomorrow...so it's been a great week

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:05 AM   #33  

Hi all,

Mel thank you so much for the encouragement, I really needed that. The week is clearing up for me. Husband is back, son is getting better and i bought myself a bench so I can start lifting again on monday!.
This bench is a present to me from myself for surviving the last week. Unfortunately I did gain 1 pound, but it will come off again.

Also I now hear the sound of someone landscaping in my garden. They are working with some digging machinery today and we are goint to put in a new terrace ! I am so excited by how beautiful it will look when spring gets here.

Thanks everyone for your posts, reading them has cheered me up.
Good luck and take care out there everyone,

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #34  

Talking

Hi LWL,

I am so darned excited I don’t even know how to act. I took the bull by the horns today and invested in a personal trainer! I’ve been stalled for months on the progress I was making with my weight loss and I finally realized I needed to get some help. I’ve been shopping around this week and selected a gym about 1.5 miles from my house so I could literally walk there and back if I want to. It’s a nice knew facility so it is inviting to go too which just makes it kind of nice. I had a leg workout today that REALLY showed me how much I was NOT pushing myself in my home gym. I told them I really wanted to concentrate primarily with free weights so I will learn proper form and techniques that I can carry over to use with my home equipment (I’ve been a little afraid of the free weights and use my dumbbells more then anything else). I also know that this is a significant enough investment that I won’t allow myself to use it unwisely. Boy when I’m in this good a mood I just breezing through all this housework today.

TTFN,

Last edited by EofAZ; 01-29-2005 at 02:59 PM.
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:24 PM   #35  

Welcome, remotely! Thanks for the thoughts, Mel. I find myself still a little 'off' in odd ways, and keep on getting choked up at weird stuff. Feels like PMS crossed with depression!

Congrats, rabbit and Evangeline on your weight-related 'purchases'. I'd love to have a bench someday but right now I don't know where I'd put it.

I was up a pound on this week's WI but with all the 'church-lady' food back home I'm not a bit surprised. I'm retooling my workout plan and planning my meals and shopping list today. For several years I've been meaning to walk a marathon and I'm finally putting my money where my mouth is this year and signing up for a training program. TTY'all later.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:24 PM   #36  

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Nelie and Mel, I often lurk on the maintainers forum and do find much inspiration there as well. Seeing the success of others is a real help in getting through the journey.

My serious re-commitment has just begun. I'll let you know how it goes!
Remotely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #37  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Mel - No results from the GTT test yet but I've had it before and even though I was at the high end of normal, I was still in the normal range. I don't expect much different. I had a full range of tests done and I'm hoping they all come back normal although it would be nice to have something come back and say "aha here is why you are fat, we can fix that"

Evangeline - good luck with your trainer, I know they are helpful for many people. I've had good ones and I've had not so good ones. It is sometimes helpful though to get someone to kick your butt for you to get yourself in gear.

As for me, I decided to do something unusual this weekend and take a break from working out. It is partly because I have a paper due on Wednesday and I want to concentrate on it. Yesterday I was really sore so I decided that it was a good day to take a break and write my paper. Today I had to do some work work as well as my paper so I was kind of forced to take another day off. Oh well, I'll have to go tomorrow.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote