Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-01-2004, 12:23 AM   #16  
PressinOn

Ok, lets try this again. Here is the link.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=PressinOn

I do not have the book yet but am trying to follow the same principals I have read about it on the site. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing. I just dont want to eat too many calories and end up gaining weight.

Christina
PressinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 12:26 AM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Perfect
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #18  
PressinOn

It is extremely hard to find some things on fitday. I am having a hard time finding exactly what the nutritional value of things like salads at restaurants that I make myself. There are other things too that are a pain to find. Alot of work!

Any suggestions

Christina
Old 08-01-2004, 08:45 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Cool

Here is what I do, most if not all restaurants have the nutritional value of all their foods on their sites, Wendy's etc... Not that I go there that often but in a pinch I have... Or use the nutritional info on the package...I just take the protein, carb, fat grams and calories and customise the foods I eat on a regular basis... Once you get to know the site and how to get around it's quick... Hopefully you have high speed, when I didn't it was VERY long to do...

Here are some sites with a lot of info on foods....

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

http://www.calorie-count.com/

HTH...TTFN

Last edited by Lanaii1; 08-01-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:20 PM   #20  
PressinOn

Thanks for the sites

Christina
Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 PM   #21  
PressinOn

Wink

I am having a hard time getting in enough calories. I am shooting for the 40 40 20 percentage but I still dont think I am getting enough fat. For 9 months I had to really watch what I was eating because of being sedentary. I also remember really watching what I was eating when I was on Weight Watchers. I would have my low points but dont think I have been getting enough calories and fat for years. I think this has affected my metabolism. I also have one thigh that is way off in muscle mass. My knee has been getting stronger in the last three months since I have been working out at the gym. I just started to run on the treadmill last week. I usually mix up my cardio (eliptical/step machine/bike/treadmill). I am up to a speed of 4.5 but am shooting for 5 because that is a 12 minute mile.

Ok, I am a little slow. Here is the right link to my Fit Day account

Christina

Last edited by PressinOn; 08-06-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #22  
PressinOn

Wink

Hi Jack,

I did go to see a nutritionist about a week and a half ago. She did not offer much help though. The few things she told me that were helpful were that I needed to be eating between 1200-1400 calories a day and should be having around 40 grams of fat. She says that I need to give it at least six months and that I should just be patient. She also said that weight usually follows behavior so if I keep on eating right and exercising it should catch up to me.

I also did get a new routine from my trainer 5 weeks ago and then she revised it again about 3 weeks ago. It is a upper/lower body split with abs at the end of each. It is a hard and fast workout. I am starting to see slight results in my upper body (arms, lats, back-smaller. Also my legs are tightening up). It is just so slow and no movement on the scale after 3 months gets a little discouaging.

Christina

Here is my link to Fit Day

Last edited by PressinOn; 08-06-2004 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:19 AM   #23  

Hi Christine,

It sounds to me as if you could use a reference source, and I've got one to recommend; learned about it here at LWL.

Do you know the name Tom Venuto? He's a trainer/author, who's written a book called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle." It's an online book, and you can learn about it at: http://www.burnthefat.com/.

Now, let me warn you about this website. In my opinion -- and this may be just me -- it's one of the most off-putting sites I've ever seen. It's hard selling to the max. I would not buy a used car from this man.

And that's too bad, because his book is totally fabulous. This guy is the real deal. The book is serious -- he gets into the science of eating; he explains metabolism and nutrition; he draws all the links between food, fitness and exercise. In short, he's a pearl.

You will find great support and buckets of answers here on LWL, but if you are looking for a lot of information in one place, you might try Venuto.

Bill Phillips has a lot of the same info in the BFL program, but if you want specifics, Venuto sure has 'em.

This, of course, is just my opinion. But you will find other recommendations for Venuto in various threads.

Best wishes,
Airegrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #24  
PressinOn

Wink

Good Morning,

Thanks for the suggestion Airegrrl. I will check it out. I did look at this site a few months ago but didn't know if it was for real or not. Thanks again for the tip.

Christina