Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 03:28 PM   #16  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hey you guys!

Ledom - I just answered your post - my answer probably didn't make a wholllle lotta sense though... I've got a lot of stuff going on right now that's taking up a lot of my time here at work (actual WORK stuff!). Basically - patience and persistence - especially us older gals who've been fat for most of their lives have the toughest time getting the fat off - but if you work hard enough, long enough and strong enough, IT WILL COME OFF. Listen to Funky Diva - she is VERY wise indeed

MEL!!! Oh, thank God!!! I remember when Mom had her breast cancer surgery. She had some really great doctors but it was still an ordeal for her - the whole thing took two years. (She had a double masectomy and reconstructive surgery). I would not wish ANYONE to go through that.

JC - sounds like you're doing a lot better...thankfully I haven't been sick this year YET. I'll probably end up catching a cold from the horses - they were all coming down with the sniffs last week - the vet was busy giving shots right and left!

Sorry to make this post so short - got a couple of hot projects cookin' that I gotta get back to! Keep posting gals!
Old 11-21-2002, 04:15 PM   #17  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Mel: I had no idea! Thank goodness you are ok..... What would we do around here without you?

Ledom: It really depends on the individual - people burn it off at different stages. I feel like mine was just starting to come off and WHAM! I got sick. Maybe my body is trying to throw me another obstacle to stop me!

Well I feel better today and last night was my first night sleeping throughout the whole night without coughing so I am on the mend. My Mum has the same thing and it has taken her 2 weeks to get over it so I am happy that it has only taken me one week. It was really strange though because I haven't been sick at all in 2 years and the last time was Vertigo not a cold. Before that I hadn't had a cold in ages either. The doctor said that everyone is getting these viruses at the moment because we are in a drought here and so the air is stirring everything up and there is no rain to clean the air out. She said it's irrelevant if you are healthy or not - if your body doesn't have the right anti-bodies to fight that strain - you will get sick. (Can you tell I hate being ill?)

JC
Old 11-21-2002, 04:16 PM   #18  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Oh by the way it's SUMMER here so it's very weird to be sick right now!

JC
Old 11-21-2002, 08:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: Height: 5'4"

Default Longtime ....

Hi all,

I've been lurking all this time. I'm still going ok, but am currently having some motivational trouble. I'm getting board with chicken... I know, I know we need to try some new recipies and stuff. ....... sigh ..... It has been raining here for three days straight yesterday there was this great burning orb in the sky.... whoa!!!! I remember that, the sun!!!! We really need the rain, our water supply was getting low and bad tasting. (Lucky we filter our water and that helped some) But, I'm not sure we needed three whole days of continuous rain!!!! I mean, Tofino is the rain capital of BC - not Vancouver!!!!!! I'm beginning to suspect that I am developing SAD. I know I feel way better than before with the clean eating and excercise, but somehow all those benefits have lessened even though I am still eating clean 6 days a week and getting in my workouts. Maybe, I have gotten used to feeling healthy and now it has become pedestrian. Anyhow, I have had all these social occasions to plan. I really think all my free days have been planned for due to birthday parties. My daughters in September, a friends two daughters on different weekends, my sons last weekend and this weekend my DH is turning 40 and I have been forced to throw him a big party. I would really like a free day where I have no obligations! Which brings me to the subject of food as fuel. I believe Mox or Moxie said that that was their biggest hurdle to pass in becoming one with the bfl livestyle. That food is fuel (nothing more, nothing less). I don't know if I can or even want to only think of food as fuel. I enjoy spending quality time with family and friends, and part of that time is eating and I don't know if I want to give that time up. I have adapted quite well to eating clean food, that is not the problem, I just don't know about adapting to taking the social out of food. I'm babbling sorry .....

Ledom: Thanks for the question you posed in L&S. I find myself sometime quite impatient, and, as such, become quite discouraged if I think I am not progressing fast enough. I appreciate your question and the answers it received. Thanks.

Mel: I an so happy to hear that you had a succesful outcome with your health issue. I have been thinking positive thoughts for you since you posted initially. I can't imagine how scary and stressful it must have been for you.

I've just started week 9 of my first challange and just changed up my set of excercises, and whoa you'd think I hadn't lifted at all before. Cool, I have always felt that if I don't feel stiff or sore after then I haven't worked hard enough. I was quited interested in the L&S thread re: rank the aspects of the programme. I seemed that most of the experienced people ranked cardio low or optional!!!!! Hurray!!!!!! From a Cardio hater!!!!!!!

Patt.
Old 11-22-2002, 07:59 PM   #20  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Patt,

Sorry to hear the cloudy skies have you down. I hope it passes soon. Yeah, try something new to eat this week. I wish I could give you some good ideas. I like things that are super easy, I have been eating cottage cheese in so many ways. Maybe some soup or chili? They are really satisfying to me this time of year and easy too once you have a big pot of it made up. Tonight I went out for supper and had boiled shrimp, that really hit the spot. I am sure when you are thinking about feeding a whole family it is very challengeing. My poor D is a freshman in college and I am starting to see the effects of the "freshman 15" on her, aren't you glad you don't have to go through that again?

Hey starting week 9, you are as good as there - just hang in for 3 more weeks. You've come so far.

I have been pretty lucky w/ free day. I managed to do my b'day on target with BFL. Just requested steak for my dinner out. I will take Thursday as my free day this week as it is the holiday and it would be too cruel not to have that feast day. But truthfully, if it were just me I'd do my normal Sat. free day and forget thanksgiving. That will make a long (1 1/2 week before another free day which I hope doesn't get me all off schedule.)

By the way, would it be ok to have one day free day for food but work out and then take the no workout day on Sat. as I usually do?
Old 11-22-2002, 09:06 PM   #21  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey you guys!!

Sorry I've been so scarce lately - it's just been a busy time in my life...thank goodness for weekends! I'm babysitting my Precious Niece and Nephew tonight so my sister and her hubby can have one night out together before all you know what breaks loose for Thanksgiving - my other sister (Jen's twin) is coming up from SoCal this weekend, along with her two kids and hubby, plus my parents, and my BIL's great uncle (who is 95 this year) and a couple of neighbors for Thanksgiving. Jen enjoys entertaining but it kind of wears her out after awhile ya know! I rented "Scooby-Doo" and "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimmaron" to watch tonight. I actually saw Scooby-Doo on the flight to London and was surprised how funny it was. From what I've heard through my equine lovin' buds, I will probably be crying my eyes out during Spirit!

Whew. ANYWAY. So yer sick of chicken, eh Patt? I think that happens to ALL of us, especially if all you do is toss a breast onto your George Foreman Grill and sprinkle some seasoning on it. That gets BORING very quickly. Fortunately chicken is pretty versatile...how about making fajitas with chicken strips, Ro-Tel tomatoes, and lots of peppers and other veggies? Something like that? Another great meat is GROUND TURKEY BREAST. Just make sure you buy the extra-lean ground breast - just the regular 'ground turkey' has skin and stuff in it. GTB makes a GREAT meatloaf - add some eggwhites or egg beaters, seasonings, some oatmeal for binding, shape into a loaf, top with some tomato sauce and maybe a slice of extra lean Parma ham, and throw it in the oven for an hour or so (I'm planning on doing that this weekend - kind of experiementing with a recipe - if it works I'll post it on our Recipe thread, along with some others I'm working on in my head).

Another great BFL meal is PAMCAKES or protein pancakes. I think there's a recipe in the recipe thread or you can check the Healthy Recipes section of Lean & Strong - there are TONS of variants.

OH I got my GROW! today - I'm going to try it tonight and see how it tastes. It's all the rage right now at the L&S main board!

Ledom - that question (Free day eating and workout on separate days) has come across quite often at L&S. Personally I wouldn't recommend it - a FREE DAY is also supposed to be a REST DAY. But I know once in awhile ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Actually I'm taking Thanksgiving as a free half day myself - I'll eat my regular meals in the morning, then have the traditional T'giving meal. I mean, there is no way I'm going to pass up Mom's whipped sweet potatoes casserole w/toasted marshmallows on top... or her yummy stuffing and gravy...or the deviled eggs...etc.

More later - gotta jam outta here to sister Jen's.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:15 AM   #22  

Angry very excited

I am just doing alittle post to say that body for life has been great to me so far....

i got my bf % checked today...so when i started 40.5%...and 34 days later it is down to 29.6%....i am really excited...

one_sweetchick
Old 11-24-2002, 09:41 AM   #23  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Well, my third week is over. I am 1/4 of the way there! Doing well so far. Can see and feel a difference already!
Virginia
Closed Thread