Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 05:11 PM   #1  

Default Help! Falling off BFL wagon

Hi Everyone
I just discovered this site. I like it.

I'm afraid I'll lose all the success I gained on bfl. I need some non-judgemental support!

I've been on bfl for a year. In Challenge 1, lost 25 pounds and gained muscle definition. I'd lost 5 more pounds. I went from 30 to 19% bodyfat. Now I've gained back the 5 pounds, clothes feel tighter, and I've probably gone to 22 % bf.

Normally, rereading the bfl book and viewing the tapes helps -- they are not helping me now!
I've been having some personal problems which I have little control of, I've gotten off track. I haven't eaten or worked out consistently for 2 weeks. I know from experience that I'm in danger of gaining back all of the fat.
Thanks for reading...
Leslie
Old 11-16-2002, 07:18 PM   #2  
Mel

Default Hi there!

Hi Mariposa- Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do and how to do it. If you've been doing BFL for a year, it's a routine. Don't derail something great that you did for yourself. I too am have been going through personal problems that I have no control over, and my first reaction was to head right for the my old comfort foods and binge away! Aside from feeling generally horrible physically, it caused me so much mental anguish in addition to what I'm already going through, that I eventually came to this realization: no matter what bad things may be happening to me or will be happening to me, getting fatter, feeling like a failure, losing my precious muscles, and eating crap which makes me even more unhealthy WILL NOT HELP. I'm not even thinking "what are my goals" at this point, just "How do I stay sane?" Eating clean and working out are things that I have control over. I had given up free days, but just added them back in for a measure of relief. But if really felt so good to get through 5 clean days this week.
Please feel free to join us on the main thread. This is a friendly bunch, some newbies, some old pro's, some doing strict BFL, some on our own or other programs. But we all will listen.

Do you know about the site www.leandandstrong? It's another BFL'ish board, much larger community. There is a menu thread there everyday where you can post your menus and Tall Jen will critique them for you. Or you can just read others' eats for ideas on how to fix up your own.

Stick around and hop back on the wagon!

mel
Old 11-17-2002, 07:00 PM   #3  

Hi Mel,
Thanks for responding to my post and for sharing.

I do know what I need to do to stay fit. I'm usually good at staying on track, but once I fall off, it's very hard to get back on.

Ideally, it's best to always stay 100% on plan, and I admire folks who have. I guess I'd benefit from success stories and tips from folks who've strayed, but were later able to get back on track. I know of someone who did a successful transformation in 2000, but later reverted to his 'old' unfit self. This year, he completed an outstanding Challenge 2. He now looks better than his C1 photos and even won some other fitness contests. That gives me some hope...
Old 11-18-2002, 01:28 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

I hear ya...

Do check out (if you haven't already) the Lean & Strong site. Especially read Pam Brown's (Pam B's) posts. She is SO insightful! I'll have to repost what she wrote called "Feeling bad about regaining weight?"

I agree - it's not easy staying clean - especially this time of year - for ANYONE I think. With the mornings being chilly, and the days shorter and darker...well...I think most of us want to cocoon into our warm houses, like a bear hibernating. (that's why I'm so looking forward to Miami in January - the sun will revive me!)

I'd recommend journaling - keep a book and write your feelings and goals in there whenever...also stick around here and at L&S for motivation and inspriation! We're here to help each other, after all!
Old 11-18-2002, 10:33 PM   #5  

Hi all,
Thanks for the responses. I think I was being way too hard on myself for slipping up.

Mrs Jim, I agree about the journaling and goal setting. I resumed my fitness journaling today. It really helped.
I went to the gym and did an hour-long workout. I also ate clean today (albeit just 4 meals).

I'm starting to feel better. I'm working on some year-end goals.

I'll start posting in the main thread

Catch you all later
Closed Thread