Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #121  
Mel

Yeah, I was thinking about the friction issue today while riding the train. Too much friction.

And no, I DON'T get enough sleep! 6-61/2 hours are just not enough for me, but that's all I can fit in. I sleep during training sessions on the new (very old) software system at work to which we are switching next Monday. Huge undertaking..we are all petrified that work will grind to a halt because no one knows what they are doing, me included.

Today I ordered the Beck Solution. I know I'm at goal and have been for years, but it never hurts to have a few more insights and tricks up one's sleeve.

Alena- It's all hockey all the time, here in this house. Hopefully tonight is the last night of the Flyers/Montreal series Then on to Chicago...we hope! Though by this time of year, I'm thoroughly sick of hockey. Dh still isn't playing because of his thumb surgery last December (hockey injury), so he makes up for it by watching every game possible.

Tonight's Xfit workout was a killer:
3 rounds of:
500 meter row
12 dead lifts at 155 pds.
21 ring dips (I have to do them assisted)

Couldn't do stealth yoga at lunch time because we had prospective clients in and I can't run around past the board room in workout clothes

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #122  

mel - your schedule would kill me in less than a week, especially the low sleep hours. I guess no way that you can smuggle in a nap during the day ?

Alena - too bad about the back! I hope it has improved some.

Pat - thanks for clarifying abou the friction thing. It had me puzzled.

My workweek is starting today & will be extremely short again...2 or 3 days, with the 3rd day at home if I can swing it. I had a very productive weekend in terms of house chores. I started up the pool and hung a giant mirror in DS bathroom yesterday.

And I noticed again that I am MUCH more capable than I always thought. While doing all the stuff I kept worrying about all the stuff that could (and I feared would) go wrong...and I kept score: I was worried about 5 major screw-ups from my side, and only 1 minor thing occurred. S only about 10% of the problems occurred and the scare I had for the other 90% was not necessary. Mindgames ...

Today I'm biking to work, it is supposed to be another spring day.

have a great day all,
rabbit

Last edited by 4rabbit; 05-25-2010 at 12:58 AM.
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 AM   #123  
Working My Way Back Down

It was soooo beautiful here today. Perfect temperatures, lots of and no wind. I took a 7 mile bike ride. Not bad for the second ride this season.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 PM   #124  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Mel - good work, ordering Beck Solution. Rabbit & I have both read it & incorporated things into our lives. I lost a fair few pounds in the New Year with it (but was also ill and not doing formal exercise). I plan to get back to it, good & proper, in the next few days.

to all.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #125  
Workin' It

Hi guys! I have been so slack in this thread...

Still rocking the yoga every morning and keeping up with the running, strength not as consistent... Two days last week, and then missed last night so trending two days this week. Or two days from my program and a third day back to back with another day so something different. Maybe I'll try a split workout this week, you can do those two days in a row without harm...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #126  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Shannon,
I had to smile when I read your response in the Diners thread - for some odd reason I always thought your job is somehow Home Depot related! I never knew you worked in the food industry. Go figure. I can't explain it though. :-)

I swam 40 minutes today and that, I am afraid, will have to do in terms of exercise. Tomorrow is garbage pickup and yard waste pickup and I need to cut down some section of my hedge and get it ready for the pickup. We get yard wasted picked up only 1x in 2 weeks, much to my nuisance. It's not enough. I hate to store the stuff somewhere for 2 weeks.

It's hot hot hot here. As per the weather channel, it's hot and humid but, to my own surprise, I don't find it humid (it can definitely get a lot worse in that department). But it's hot nonetheless. I caved in this morning and turned the AC on as it was 23 C in the house (in spite of all the windows open all night). The added insulation (in the attic) is helping but I was worried that my princesses would be too uncomfortable. It should ease off on Friday.

Alena

Last edited by Tomato; 05-26-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #127  
Workin' It

Alena - you probably think that because I did work for The Home Depot for a brief period of time and I think I've talked about that in some threads. I was with a Burger King franchisee for 12 years as his substitute store manager/trainer/HR/accountant/payroll/IT/'whatever other job he laid off the person who was doing before' person, left him and spent exactly a year at THD as an in-store HR Manager. I realized quickly I knew a lot about how quick service restaurants were supposed to run and didn't like the 'good old boy' network at THD, so went back into the restaurant biz. Have been here since June of 2007.

Hot hot hot here, too. And humid.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #128  
No description available.

I hear it's hot hot hot here but I'm stuck inside. I don't know why I can't do clinic outside. I mean, Paps, yah, inside, but other stuff? I like hot.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #129  
Mel

OK, call me squeamish, but the idea of an outdoor obg-gyn clinic is a non-starter for me!
I wasn't thrilled about running today in the 90 plus heat, either, tho.

Today was a very sweaty Crossfit workout:
3 rounds of 21 kettle bell swings, 15 pull ups, 9 burpees and a 200 meter run. A very hot run.

I also managed to get my stealth yoga session in today- I really need to learn some new stuff! I've been ending each of my sessions with a handstand and it's getting downright easy to get up there and stay there under control It's fun!
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #130  
Workin' It

Mel - wow, you end each stealth yoga with a handstand? I bow before you.

Midwife - no ob clinic outside. Just no.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #131  
No description available.

Most of my day involves pants-on visits, I promise!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #132  

Mel - handstand? That's cool!
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #133  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Our yoga instructor had to try the headstand slowly last week, and I assume he will do so again tonight (the Thursday night yoga classes will be dedicated to inversion while Sundays will be the regular yoga stuff).
I am not sure if I said that but when I tried that (Not even trying to do a full headstand, but slowly walk the feet up the wall) I felt a really bad pressure in my spine below my neck and somethign was telling me to stop right there. I told him after the class and he said I was too far from the wall (although I am NOT certain of that). He suggested a "modification" which, I am afraid, is even more difficult than the regular headstand. Basically, in his modification, all the weight of the body rests on the forearms and although the crown of the head lightly touches the floor, it does not carry weight and you can turn your head from side to side.
So, Mel, if you want a challenge, you can try THAT!
(although something is telling me you will do as easily as the regular headstand).

Alena
(I HATE the hot weather)
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #134  
Workin' It

Alena - I'm convinced that the headstand I did is what hurt my shoulder a few months ago... I may try the modification that you described.

Midwife - Pants on visits are okay outside. Though, I do know a couple who had delivered their baby outside, so who knows. Could be doable for your outside clinic.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Hopefully tonight is the last night of the Flyers/Montreal series
Can't believe I missed that one. Boourns to you It is so painful for us Canadians to lose at hockey... especially the Canadiens

j/k... not really

Today, we walked two miles and played with that "flying squirrel" toy. Not bad
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote