3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   BFL -- week 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/163372-bfl-week-2-a.html)

sportmom 02-07-2009 11:40 AM

:wave: Hope everyone is out enjoying the nice weather!

Scales were the same, or up a bit, so we all know what that means, right? Trying not to let it mess with me and hoping for a big loss in about 5 days.

UBWO done last nite, going up on the weight in almost all areas. HIIIT done this morning. I'm definitely going to up the intensity starting on Tuesday to increase the running portions to longer. Yea! :woohoo:

Lydia227 02-07-2009 12:43 PM

Fran: Great job with your UBWO and HIIT. It is just as important movement toward fitness as the scale readings.

My scale has been fluttering between the same half pound the last three days. I'm just happy that is back to where it was before last weekends dinners out and pretzel affair while studying. So far I've been clean today. Maybe I'll just do a regular day and see if I need a free day tomorrow

Workouts have been great. HIIT every other day. My glutes are sore and I'm a little achy in the front delts. All good.

I think all of this HIIT is making some other changes in how my body responds to activity. I've noticed that I break out in a sweat very easily. This morning I took a yoga class at the new gym. Within ten minutes of the class I had to take off my top layer. Even with just my cardio top I had sweat poring down my face and onto my sticky mat in puddles. In the locker room I observed that I was the only one who looked like they just stepped out of the cardio room and not the yoga class. I swear one woman was still wearing lipstick. (Maybe it was my imagination) But really, it appeared that way. Maybe HIIT trains our bodies to rev up quickly and to quickly turn on the "cooling system" because it thinks it knows what's coming next. I don't know, I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm hungry, and maybe she was just a really good instructor. :lol:

Uhg. Did I mention my glutes are really sore? :o Where's the water....

michelle127 02-07-2009 01:37 PM

Hey girls.... I'm still here, there's just more of me. :o I won't bore you with my excuses. Let's just say there's a reason I'm obese! :^: I'm back on - just 2 weeks behind that's all....

Everyone is doing SPECTACULAR!! Great job!!

It's hard to tell how much you've all lost in 2 weeks. What about inches? Is this working for you?

sportmom 02-07-2009 03:57 PM

Lydia, I totally think you are on to something with the sweating. One of the benes of HIIT and the frequent small meals is that it keeps your metabolism revving high all day long. Perhaps you were already at 10mph when you walked into the room whereas everyone else started at 1 mph when class began? Thus you cruised thru at 120 compared to most people who were operating at 60! I had read somewhere else that the amount of sweat indicates fitness, with more sweat equaling more fit. It's a sign that your body is well tuned. Seems the opposite would be true, and that's why reading it really stuck in my mind bc i really paid attention to it.

BTW, what is it that you're studying for?? :book2: You've mentioned that twice now, so it's free territory to nose around in! :devil:

Michele, I'm going to estimate that I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. It's likely more, but some bad timing is going to keep me from getting an accurate read tomorrow. It is probably actually more like 11 pounds!!! :yes:, Really!

midwife 02-07-2009 06:49 PM

Yes, what are you studying?? Hmmmm???

sportmom 02-08-2009 10:36 AM

Welcome to Free Day everyone!!! :woohoo:

In the "give me a break" news category... DH lost 7.2 lbs last week. :faint: Oh - kayyyyy.... Maybe I should go find my new profession as a diet coach/nutrition counselor/trainer since he's following the plan I wrote out and I've been with him on his workouts each day. :rolleyes:

I'm up to 8.6 lbs, which I would like to count as 3 more, 11.6 lbs that I should see around Thursday. Oh well.

So what exciting things are people doing for Free Day?? I'll be grocery shopping, of course! I made myself french toast/syrup for breakfast and came away thinking I would have been better off with my oatmeal & eggwhites! How's that for a transformation?? I'm not a huge fan of syrup, but I know they would have tasted better at a restaurant made with some thick Texas toast and powdered sugar instead of my w/w bread. But AS I was making it, I realized it was a pretty BFL meal without the syrup. I mean I basted my ww bread in a nf milk and egg concoction - there's my protein and my carb! :D

Have a great free day everyone ;)

jamsk8r 02-08-2009 12:53 PM

Fran, glad DH got a good whoosh! Maybe that will inspire him to keep going! You've been losing like crazy, too, I see!

I've been staying OP, but my weight is going up. I switched to cereal for breakfast this past week, which is the only change I've made, and I'm working my tail off in my workouts, so I'm going to assume the cereal is the culprit. I'm ditching the cereal and I'll see what happens. I'm not all bloated so I don't think it's the workouts.

Have to get the dogs out again, so I'll check back on my next break. Hope you're all enjoying your free day!

Lydia227 02-08-2009 01:35 PM

Fran and Midwife:I am preparing to test for ACSM certification in personal training. I received the books in late September and attended the seminar a couple of weeks later. I am almost ready to sit for the test. I just need a few more weeks to tie it all together. This is also the reason why I chose to change gyms. Their focus upon functional fitness is something that I want to learn.

The hardest challenge through all of this is finding the consecutive hours in the day to study. If I could just hold myself up in a hotel room for about a week I could probably have this done. :lol:

Fran: Congratulations on your losses. You are doing beautifully on this program. Its wonderful that your husband is supportive and becoming fit right along with you.

I had a similar breakfast this morning. Protein pancakes with blueberries. I also made my own blueberry syrup:

small handful of blueberries, Smuckers blueberry preserves with Splenda, and sugar free maple syrup. Warm it all together in the microwave. Mmmmm.

4rabbit 02-08-2009 03:06 PM

Hi BFLL,

Lydia - that blueberry syrup sounds great! Pity they are horrivly expensive here, but I might be able to do somethingnsimilar when the strawberries are back in season.

I'm back at BFL lite again. Have not dare to weigh yet but I do feel a lot better.

Fran - sensational losses!

have a great day all,
Rabbit

WaterRat 02-08-2009 07:23 PM

Hi gals! :wave: I had a good week. I've been putting smiley stickies on our kitchen calendar when I go to the gym. Cheezey, eh? But it reminds me and makes me smile.

Yay - I lost 2# this week - almost a record for me.

Yesterday was a NRLW workout, which left me sweating and feeling like I'd worked out - even though while you're doing actually doing it, it doesn't feel that hard or long... Weird. Warmed up on the bike for 10 minutes first, too. The rest of the day included moving furniture back into my newly carpeted sewing/craft room, as well as uncounted trips up and down stairs doing laundry. :) This week's exercise plan is this:

M - HIIT on the elliptical (note to self - charge iPod)
T - NRLW workout (city council meeting at 7pm so this fits - just)
W - rest
Th - HIIT, NRLW workout (then collapse :lol: )
F - active rest - square dance festival
S - NRLW and ss cardio
S - rest

This old lady needs more than one rest day a week, or injuries set in.

sportmom 02-08-2009 08:37 PM

A kid's birthday party today turned into ONE HOUR AND 15 minutes of iceskating! 45 minutes consecutively and then 1/2 hour after that. Yikes! I only brought my skates to make sure my dd was comfy on the ice, but when she was receptive to some instruction, I stayed out there with her and got her moving along at a pretty nice clip. I'm starting to feel it in my knees of all the weird places! Hope this doesn't mess me up this coming week; I'm just glad tomorrow isn't a walk/run. Supposed to be resting and did quite the opposite.

I posted this somewhat on the food thread, but we were so busy today that it really felt like the free day got cheated. I had my pancakes and then a slice of pizza at the party and then we met dh and dd1 on the way back from a swim meet to grocery shop. THEN we finally went out for a meal! Now I'm home doing laundry and getting ready for the week and I'm like - waaah! Where was my party?? My chocolate doesn't taste good and all I want is a hot breakfast out. :pout: Maybe I can get that tomorrow.....will have to convince dh. I don't think he cheated at all today other than his portions at the dinner out. But his eating was of good stuff, approved stuff.

I had a random thought on the way home from dinner when I was thinking I really just wanted to get into bed and was wondering where the fireworks were from this great dinner out. Has food lost its hold on me???

sportmom 02-08-2009 08:42 PM

Sorry, Lydia! Coming out of my deep thoughts to remember to say :high: on your certification plan! That explains now why you are so smart in the things you say and the advice you give!! :twirly:

Best of luck in these final weeks and sitting for the test!!!! :hug:

Lydia227 02-09-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2602606)
wondering where the fireworks were from this great dinner out. Has food lost its hold on me???

This was exactly the feeling I had this fall at Thanksgiving. I was so looking forward to all the wonderful foods that I prepared and truly indulging in them. On that day, it just didn't rate real high on my pleasuremeter, :lol: Everyone else in the room was enjoying the experience but me ~sigh~ not quite as much.

Now. If someone would have told me I couldn't have had any of those things I would have enjoyed it much more. :devil:

Has food lost it's hold? Well, in my case, all it takes is a couple of days straying and then I'm fighting the cravings all over again. Probably why free days are so difficult for me.

Oh, and thanks for the support Fran. ;) I'll let everyone know when I do finally pass. Then it's off to prepare for the next certification. While I'm in study mode I may as well keep plugging along right?

Today I meet with the head trainer at the new gym. I have my goals in place but I think the gist of this meeting is to learn how to the use the cardio equipment.

Have a great morning everyone. :coffee: