3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   BFL -- week 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/163372-bfl-week-2-a.html)

Ilene 02-04-2009 06:15 PM

I'm much better this week too Lydia, THANK GAWD :lol:

WaterRat 02-04-2009 07:13 PM

Oh, I can almost always eat as soon as I finish a meal. :lol: I can go probably 3 hours, but I'm still not lifting as much as some of the rest of you. But I really hate Monday mornings because I always have a meeting at 10 am, but really, I'm over at City Hall doing other business by 9:30. I've had breakfast at 6:30 or 7, and I run around getting stuff ready for the meeting when I'm in my office from 8-9:30, then I'm involved til at least noon, often 12:30. I do stop and get a ff latte which does help some, but of course, it also means that if the meeting goes too long, I'm figeting in my seat or leaving the room to pee.... I'm thinking that I should try having something between 9 and 9:30 even though I'm not hungry then and see if that helps. Otherwise, I'm starving when I get out of the meeting, and have to dash back to eat my lunch, or worse, decide to hit one of the places in between for something I hadn't planned....

I did Stage 1A of NRLW last night, which went well except for those awful jacknife on the ball thingies. :lol: I need to get someone to help me until I figure out how to get on and off gracefully. I've watched several Youtube videos, and I see how it's supposed to be done, and it looks like a great ab exercise, but I'll be danged if I can get it to work for me yet. A challenge for sure!

sportmom 02-04-2009 10:16 PM

Hey you Canadians -- do you think you could just order a weight scale that also does BF, like a Tanita? That might be easier to find a vendor for that will ship to you. I got mine from Drugstore.com but not sure if they ship to Canada.

Ilene 02-04-2009 10:17 PM

WaterRat -- I was a vision of gracefulness when I did those jacknife on a ball thingie, man it was a hoot, my butt up in the air :rofl: ...

Tonite I did ALL, except the abs, of the UBWO, wow, I am going to be sore tomorrow!! That UB takes a long time, over an hour... but I felt totally excellent afterwards...

It's been a good day all around, tomorrow it's a run, weather permitting, supposed to be very cold -20C with a windchill, I just may do the dreadmill instead...

4rabbit 02-05-2009 04:40 AM

Hi BFLL,

Ilene - running outside at -20 C??? You must be KIDDING !!!! get yourself inside on the dreadmill!!!

I did UBWO today, 2 x 10 reps of 2 exercises for every muscle group, alternating the exercises. I have to dig out my stability ball to do back extensions, did 1 armed DB rows instead. About the resting hand position with the 1 armed row...I noticed I actually do not do them on my hand, but I rest my elbow on the bench while doing these. Is this wrong? I feel much more comfortable that way & my back is in a more horizontal position.

Anyway, my arms are sore. Also the scale might have moved this morning. The BFL sofar is working out for me.

Have a great day,
Rabbit

sportmom 02-05-2009 11:25 AM

I do the double row with both arms and eliminate the need to rest anything. I found the positioning on the single awkward as well, as well as doubling the time it took to do the exercise, so I switched back to double bent over rows.

HIIT done today on empty tummy. Down another pound today - I promise I'm staying off the scales until Sunday now! I think I'm ready to chunk up the degree of difficulty on my runs - next week! Yea! My former 10 level of exertion is now an 8 or 9. I'll see how I feel on Saturday and then plan to bump it up starting Tuesday.

jamsk8r 02-05-2009 01:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestions on the rows, ladies! I've tried palm on the bench, making a fist, both get uncomfortable quickly. I will give it another try, but I think I will also look at some other options, like the hammer strength machines. I did try BB rows and T-bar one-arm rows last week, and those were much more comfortable. Maybe between those and the HS options, I can skip the one arm DB rows altogether. I think part of my problem is that I have been doing these after chest. I think my core stability is just not the best by the time I get to rows. I might rearrange things a bit, and try doing rows before chest. See if that helps.

Fran, congrats on the huge loss! My weight is going up, for some reason, and I'm keeping it OP. Maybe I'm just bloaty. :shrug:

dixied 02-05-2009 01:22 PM

I'm still with the program ya'll. I haven't been posting much becuase my workload is insane, and in the middle of all the chaos IT decided that I needed to "upgrade" to Vista, RIGHT NOW! Sheesh! So I've had my hands full learning where they heck my formatting buttons in Word are, and fun stuff like that. But I haven't missed a workout yet, even though I did accidentally miss a meal or two. That doesn't happen too often, usually I'm good with every 2-3 hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2595913)
Hey you Canadians -- do you think you could just order a weight scale that also does BF, like a Tanita? That might be easier to find a vendor for that will ship to you. I got mine from Drugstore.com but not sure if they ship to Canada.

My Tanita scale is what tells me I have 38% Body Fat, when the tape/caliper method says 25%, so don't panic if you do get one and the numbers seem wonky. I've learned that anything using electric impulse method, or whatever it's called doesn't work well for me. Just like I kill watches that run on batteries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 2595914)
WaterRat -- I was a vision of gracefulness when I did those jacknife on a ball thingie, man it was a hoot, my butt up in the air :rofl: ...

Tonite I did ALL, except the abs, of the UBWO, wow, I am going to be sore tomorrow!! That UB takes a long time, over an hour... but I felt totally excellent afterwards...

I know, the UB takes forever for me. I can't imagine how long it would take if I did alternating arm curls, or such.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2596837)
I do the double row with both arms and eliminate the need to rest anything. I found the positioning on the single awkward as well, as well as doubling the time it took to do the exercise, so I switched back to double bent over rows.

Me too.

Ilene 02-05-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4rabbit (Post 2596253)

Ilene - running outside at -20 C??? You must be KIDDING !!!! get yourself inside on the dreadmill!!!

Rabbit

I've done it, but not today, I had to work and my buddy ended up having plans to... It's actually quite nice to run at that temperature, but it has to be perfect, bright and sunny with no wind...

WaterRat 02-05-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

So I've had my hands full learning where they heck my formatting buttons in Word are
Oh man, I feel your pain. I went through that about 6 months ago - it's painful! And have you tried Excel yet? Even worse.....

sportmom 02-05-2009 10:11 PM

Agree, I still remember the nightmare about a year ago when I had to be upgraded in the month of February just as my crazy project cycle began! I STILL don't know where all the editing buttons are on Powerpoint. I had to call the helpdesk once on excel bc I didn't know how to maximize the s/s. I had maxed the window and my s/s was still tiny in the big blue screen. Drove me crazy - no one could figure it out! Here's the clue, it has it's own max/min bar up in teh right hand corner of your worksheet. :faint:

kittycat40 02-06-2009 09:28 AM

dudes

every time a child of mine puts an elbow or knee into my thigh muscle (y'know climbing on me and whatnot) I want to scream and cry :p
gonna do more again tonight :D

midwife 02-06-2009 09:49 AM

:hug: Kitty, been there done that! Can you get them to gently massage you?

kittycat40 02-06-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midwife (Post 2598671)
:hug: Kitty, been there done that! Can you get them to gently massage you?

they are coming around--with some direction from big brother, as a matter of fact ;)

thx for the :hug: ugh. gotta get off this machine... my 6 miles just got turned into 4. 3fc the :devil: or the :angel:

sportmom 02-06-2009 10:43 PM

Hey everyone, happy Saturday a bit early! :yawn: Hope you all have great Saturdays - start planning your free day now so it's not a slip-n-slide for you! ....not that I would know how that is or anything! ;)