3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   BFL -- week 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/163372-bfl-week-2-a.html)

sportmom 02-02-2009 09:00 PM

OK. Hunger has subsided. Nothing else eaten.

It's like my digestor revs up for food and then is like, what? you revved me up for just this? Are you kidding me? Where's the rest??

Forgot to mention that I took my photos again yesterday since we had the camera out for dh's starting photos. Am I dilusional to think I saw differences? Some subtle differences in the upper back - things shifting. And definitely some difference in the gap between my arms and my waist. Same clothes, same room, same size photos. Need to go back and look at those every time I get hungry.

Lydia227 02-02-2009 09:18 PM

Fran: Similar experience here. After feeling very real hunger for over an hour my appetite is difficult to immediately satisfy with the small meal. I also think fighting this hunger feeling all week long, day by day, sometimes hour by hour is the reason why I let go on my free day. I needed to feel full. I really hope this subsides a little bit.

One of the things I am going to be more mindful of is to drink 16 oz of water before the meal. It may help to feel "full" and water is needed to properly metabolize so it couldn't hurt. I am also going to try to end the meal with something relaxing like hot tea or decaf coffee. Something that both is warm, comforting, and signals to my brain that the meal is over. (Basically I'm replacing my pretzels with the drink)

Interesting conversation with one of my friends who has never been overweight. She stated that she can't go for more than two or three hours max without food. :chin: She describes the feeling of tiredness, weakness etc. Then, within twenty minutes of eating she gets her second wind. She described the things that I experience when I eat this way. Yet another sign that this has to be one of many correct courses to feeding our bodies.

midwife 02-02-2009 09:22 PM

Okay, 7:20 pm here and POP so far. Just the gym and a protein shake to go!

Fran, I've had weeks where I am super hungry. I try to drink a lot of water and then do a chore or something. Then if I'm still hungry have some protein and fruit or somesuch.

sportmom 02-02-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lydia227 (Post 2591216)
Interesting conversation with one of my friends who has never been overweight. She stated that she can't go for more than two or three hours max without food. :chin: She describes the feeling of tiredness, weakness etc. Then, within twenty minutes of eating she gets her second wind. She described the things that I experience when I eat this way. Yet another sign that this has to be one of many correct courses to feeding our bodies.

WOW! Thank you for sharing that. What interesting insight. Yes, I was trying to come up with what might be the best plan - I didn't care if it was the most restrictive, most work, or one that kept me most tied to home with prep work, I just wanted one that would work and made sense. I like these affirmations that we are on to something here. :yes:

Thanks Jen for that feedback too. I suppose this is why I bought the gum 2 weeks ago, but just forgot until now that I had it. As you guys know, I am already the queen of water drinking at about 128 oz a day for my kidney stones prevention, so adding more is just not really necessary or going to do anything for me at this point! :swim: The intense ongoing hunger must be related to winter time too. Stoking our furnaces and trying to keep warm and all. Extra good reason that this was the right time to start - take advantage of the season.

Ilene 02-02-2009 11:37 PM

I can't wait for tomorrow after the leg workout I had today, I too, will be ravenous :rolleyes: ... Yes, :yes: working out hard revs up my metabolism too and sometimes within an hour and a half I am again hungry, **** sometimes within finishing my meal I'm still hungry ...

Mel, was telling us a few years ago that she ALWAYS felt hungry, I'm not sure if she still feels hunger like that all the time, but I would think it's because she works out with such intensity... But, hey, small price to pay?

Lydia, that is interesting about your "skinny" friend, I hate skinny friends :tantrum: I have only ONE skinny friend like that, all the others are slightly to a LOT overweight... go figure :shrug: ...

elisa--- Let's keep in touch about that BF monitor :yes: .... I wonder if we can order from Amazon.com?

Ok, getting late here... time for bed...

elisa822 02-03-2009 08:56 AM

Ilene - I'm pretty sure that we cannot order from Amazon.com. The site knows your IP address and directs you to Amazon.ca, which is fine for most books etc. but not for these types of items. Amazon.ca doesn't carry anywhere near the same variety of items. Sometimes it's just so ridiculous how close we are and yet so far!! If I find it anywhere else, I'll let you know!

:D

midwife 02-03-2009 08:57 AM

Food yesterday was POP. I did a serious leg workout and my rear end is already massively sore. Usually it takes a couple of days.....

Will run intervals after work.

Have a great day all!

Ilene 02-03-2009 10:21 AM

Elisa, I am only 20 mins away from Massena NY, I wonder how I could get it delivered there somehow...

Midwife, my butt is sore already too :dance: , my hammies from the lunges, OUCH!!

Tomato 02-03-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elisa822 (Post 2591836)
Ilene - I'm pretty sure that we cannot order from Amazon.com. The site knows your IP address and directs you to Amazon.ca, which is fine for most books etc. but not for these types of items. Amazon.ca doesn't carry anywhere near the same variety of items. Sometimes it's just so ridiculous how close we are and yet so far!! If I find it anywhere else, I'll let you know!
:D

Elisa, I don't think this is true - I have ordered from Amazon.com before. About 2 years ago, I got a $100 gift certificate at work and it was for Amazon.com - I had no problem ordering.

Alena

Ilene 02-03-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomato (Post 2592221)
Elisa, I don't think this is true - I have ordered from Amazon.com before. About 2 years ago, I got a $100 gift certificate at work and it was for Amazon.com - I had no problem ordering.

Alena

Was there shipping and handling or customs problems?

Ilene 02-03-2009 02:38 PM

This OMRON BF 300 Body Fat Monitor is on Ebay.ca for approximately C $10.51 and the shipping would only be 7$ something.... I've never bid on e-bay, so I have not clue... there's only an hour left for the bidding... http://i18.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/2e/33/3bd2_1.JPG

WaterRat 02-03-2009 02:54 PM

Oh, that's what they are! My gym has someone who comes in with one at least once a month. I haven't had my BF tested for quite some time, maybe I will when the 12 weeks is over......

sportmom 02-03-2009 03:10 PM

Hey chickies!

Well got up eeearly this morning to get the HIIT cranked out before the kiddies awoke. I got down to the basement and dh was there just sitting, and I was like, 'are you done?' Long story short, he had not even started! I went all drill sergeant on him and his 10 excuses about doing it later, doing it on the elliptical, too sore to move from yesterday, etc. Had an answer for everyone one of them, mostly that he can't break the Plan! THe PLAN calls for cardio before breakfast - you must abide by the Plan!!! I was all crazy! ...but serious. I was like if you don't follow it to the letter, it won't work, you'll say it's too hard for only 2 lbs lost, and you'll quit. You do it legitimately the first week to see what's possible. Told him I couldn't help him on the elliptical as the program I made was for the treadmill and I didn't know what his max would be on the ellip. Told him his arms would feel BETTER if he worked out now rather than later (we all know that's true, right?) By gosh he got up there and did it! Wasn't happy, but was happy at the end and got to experience that great feeling of being done with your workout first thing in the morning instead of having it hang over your head.

So I sat thru that 20 minutes and then got on myself and did my workout. I felt really heavy today, not sure why. I may try going faster next week if it feels the same way on Thursday. Don't want to increase too quickly though and risk injury or mental checkout.

Tomato 02-03-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 2592613)
Was there shipping and handling or customs problems?

Hi Ilene,
No, none whatsoever.

Alena

jamsk8r 02-03-2009 04:00 PM

Hey ladies. :wave:

Week 1 report: I missed 3 workouts last week. I'm shooting for POP with the workouts for Feb. Seems like one "rest day" always turns into 2 or 3, so if I need a recovery day, I'll be walking or something, just so I don't get into the habit of a no workout day. No weight loss to report, but the scale was all over the place due to TOM and lifting, so I'm still waiting to see some kind of trend on the scale.

On the free food, I just wanted to say that I couldn't handle the BFL free day, either. Even a free meal weekly pretty much negated any fat loss I'd worked so hard for, so now I will have an occasional off-plan meal or treat, but it's got to be something really worthwhile, since I know there really are no "free" meals, and I have to pay for it in the gym, on the scale, etc. That kind of eating seems to work a lot better if you're a guy, or if you're 20-something, lol.

Lydia, thanks for the link to the BF monitor. I might have to check that out. I've never had mine tested, and it would be nice to have one I could use at home, to track the trends, as you say.

Good luck with Week 2, everyone! Congrats to Dixie and Fran (?) who had the big weight losses this past week! :celebrate: