Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #91  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey all. Thanks for the well wishes on the skating..I am certainly glad to be back at it!

No lifting for me today, just yoga. I did get my workout plan figured out through mid-October, so I'll be glad not to be fighting with that any more.

Now, if I could just figure out the calorie count that would help me burn more than a tenth of a pound a week, I'd be happy! I'm exaggerating a little, but it's been really slow, and I feel like my numbers just aren't right...possibly too low now, with being back to skating and also with adding in the yoga this coming week. I'm wondering if I should try maintenance cals for a week, then drop it down, but more to something like 1800, instead of the 1600 I've been doing for the last month and a half. I'd hoped that dropping from 18 to 16 would improve things, but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. Hard to tell, though, since part of that, I was off with injuries.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #92  
Working My Way Back Down

So Cheryl, I'm right there with you on the slow weight loss. I'm down 12 lbs, which sounds great, til you realize it's since last Sept! But I'm not up any - and my clothes fit better, and I just in better shape overall. Guess I'll keep on truckin'

We had a lovely weekend at our State Square Dance Festival. We camped in the field next to the fair building it was held in so I had all my own food for meals. DH enjoyed all the cookies, etc. that were in the snack area - I went there only twice - for coffee and fruit. Lots of dancing, so cardio was the order of the weekend. Trying to find some gym time for this week. I'm going to have to start learning how to get up earlier. I absolutely need 8 hours of sleep though, and that means in bed by 10 or earlier. I don't always get home til after 9. Arghhhh. Somehow it'll get done.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Well, I lost a pound last week, so I'm no expert on the slow weight loss thing.

Reporting from NY where the fitness floor is GREAT! Tonite I enjoyed my free banana smoothie with my dinner - the perk for being on the fitness room plan here. They will also deliver stretchy cords, a ball, etc. to my room, but the gym was so beautiful I couldn't resist going there. Got my cardio in, plus some pilates moves on the ball and stretching. They must have had --- 20 treadmills, 10 bikes and 20 ellips along a rectangular perimter. Circuit machines down the center aisle and 2 stretching areas with balance balls on either end. SUPER! Would love to work out again in the morning but think doing 2 back to back and walking around a ton tomorrow might overdo it. Hopefully will get back to it tomorrow nite.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #94  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Fran: This sounds like a wonderful place to stay! Almost relaxing in between the craziness of meetings and dinners. What a great concept for business travelers.

No real weightloss here for the past two weeks. Mostly just maintaining but that's okay.

Pat: Great choices at the festival. Those kinds of events have so many tempting choices that I feel like I've strayed off my food plan just by smelling it all.

Cheryl: Good luck with alternating your caloric intake and finding a good fit. The down time probably did have an effect upon the amount of weightloss during that short term.

Glad to know that you have found a way to fit in all the activities you enjoy. A workout plan through October, that's impressive. How was the yoga class?
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #95  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I feel like I have been slacking this past week, I haven't been in the gym since last Saturday until tonight (I do keep my cardio every other day though). This hot and humid weather saps out all my energy and is very de-motivating. I have A/C but I really don't like it (it's just the lesser of the two evils) - I prefer not too hot weather when the windows can be open all day and and fresh air can ge t in. I really really had to push myself to go to the gym tonight but once I was there it was ok although I think I stayed only 45 minutes or so.
I'll try to do better on Saturday. Vent over, thanks for listening.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #96  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Hey Tomato, new chat thread is up. These ladies put up a new one every 2 weeks, so it doesn't get too long. Look for the one that says July 15-31. Don't feel bad, either. I almost posted to this one myself, yesterday. Lucky for me, it didn't work!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote