Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #106  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Sugar,I hope your knee feels better.

Kaw, Biceps showing through your clothes. Ooh you must be hot.

OK gals. Measurement update. I am so glad I put them online. I found measurements from 3 or so months ago.

Then...

Waist 32"
Hips 41"
Bust 40"
Arms 12.5"
Thighs 23"
Calves 13.5"

Now

Waist 29"
Hips 38"
Bust 34" Yikes where did they go???
Arms 11 or 11.5 I can't tell the .5 is mostly skin
Thighs 20"
Calves 13"

Thanks for letting me pst this here. It helps keep perspective. My 2 year old is melting...better go.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #107  
Mel

Hiker!!!!! Those are major differences

Sadly, I "ungrew" (is that the opposite of outgrew?) more bras than just about anything else. Wow! 3 inches off waist, hips and thighs! Great job

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #108  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

I solved the shrinking boob mystery by putting on a bra 36" (where is the blushing smiley... oh there it is). I knew I had shrunk significantly but 6 inches seemed a bit outrageous.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #109  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbabe View Post
I can't wait to read the story comparing the different gyms.
Me too KAW! Fill us in when you get the chance. I also love the bicep story. Okay, so maybe you wouldn't strike a pose for them but now you have to post a pic for us. I hope the relocation goes very smoothly for you and you enjoy the new gym.

Liza: So it was a youngster at the root of your crash landing as well. It figures...what we go through trying to stay on top of these little guys. I hope its doing better soon for you. At least you can bend it. You're doing the right thing by refraining from weight bearing exercises for now. Hang in there.

Mel: With regard to the eating, it sure is a slippery slope. This must happen to all of us. We are human and food is meant to be enjoyed. However, it's time to clean out the pantry and look toward September. You will look fantastic in your dress. I have no doubt. And then you can eat cake. Feel free to remind me of this in November when my eating season hits.

Eating was clean today as I think about it. Was there anything...hmmm, I think I snagged a couple of goldfish crackers from DS2 but it was right after my workout so I'm sure they were burned off before it really mattered. Legs are coming along but wow is it hard work. It's where I store all of my weight so even though I can feel a lot of muscle the definition just isn't visible yet. Maybe next summer if I can stay focused. I'm experiencing a little flair up pain in my hip this evening which causes me some concern so I think I'm going to lay off of the running for the rest of the week. I enjoy running but if I have to choose between lifting and running, I'd rather squat any day. (That sounds so weird) Anyway overall a great cardio day, 35 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill, and 45 minutes of lbwo a quick shower and I was able to snag DS2 out of childwatch before noon. It was close though. Looking forward to preschool...it's four hours long.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #110  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

G'morning!

I'm jacked this morning ... I got to change my ticker to 142 (from 144)! Granted, some of the change may be because I'm using my third scale in three weeks, but a same-day comparison showed that this one registers roughly the same as my former gym scale. I'm going with it from here on out.

HRBABE and others: I'm kind of re- relocating. Our full-time home is in Central New York. We spent the last year in the Bay Area, but after a brief jaunt to NYC we're back home. I've rejoined the same gym I belonged to before we left for CA. I've gotten a bit spoiled in the past year, but the price is right, it's close to work & home, and, frankly, there aren't a whole lot of other choices where we live.

As for pics, I'll do a "during" series after we get unpacked and the dust settles a bit. (Our tenants were excellent, all things considered, but we still have a lot of minor repairs and yard work ahead of us... and no day care until school starts up in Sept.)

Have a great day, everyone!
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #111  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

WannaB – What an ordeal. Don’t sweat the small stuff right now, just get better!

Mel – Wow, even you have food trouble sometimes? You still have more discipline in that area than I can ever hope to aspire to.

Kaw – Moving is fun, eh? Congrats on the pounds down and the impressive guns. I agree, a picture is needed.

I haven’t had any major appliances or vehicles that need fixing or replacing, but wedding expenses are starting to look pretty daunting. We’ll be dropping a lot of cash over the course of our friends’ wedding weekend in a couple weeks. Lots of mouths to feed, bar to stock, bachelorette party night out, plus my bridesmaid dress, the corset I bought to wear under it and the fitting alterations, and I still have to get wedding and shower gifts. I’m very excited and know this is going to be a great and happy event, but it’s going to be a lean month following. Oh well, maybe it’ll discourage me from those weekend meals out that seem to throw me off course.

Someone is finally moving into our old apartment! We only got a sublet, they didn’t want to commit to the whole year, but it sure is a load off to know that someone else will be paying the rent there for at least the next six months. About time, I feel like we showed that place to a million people.

Water weight from the weekend seems to be flushed out, now to see if I can make some progress downward. UBWO tonight, maybe some gentle ball squats on the wall, my knee is still making that clicking noise.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #112