Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #61  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Go get 'em, Snowbrocade!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:56 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thanks!

Thanks for stopping by, chick in the hat!

I am inspired to see that you have done what I plan to do--it makes me feel like it can be done!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #63  
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow
Also, when I was walking I stopped at the top of the hill twice and ran my hands along my body and circled my arms out throwing them out and saying I will lose this weight all the way down to 164 and I will release this weight and purify myself. As I walked down the hill the second time the wind came up and I felt it was energizing me and giving me strength!
Setting your brain in "inevitable mode" works for me, too. Back when I started this, I'd visualize myself in the future having lost all the weight. I'd think to myself, "OK, this is real. And the Now I'm physically in is real. All I have to do is keep doing what I'm doing and I will sucessfully traverse the time span between the two."

I guess any sort of positive visualization is helpful, if it tickles your fancy.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:11 AM   #64  

Default positive

Yes--I need those positive images, but also I need the rituals too!

Yesterday was a great day--the vestiges of my cold were there and it was hot but we decided to go to the beach in the afternoon to walk and walk the dog. I brought some celery and carrots to snack on--and sure enough I felt hungry after the walk and had some. It went great--I had a nice walk and it was cool. Also went to farmers market and got some great veggies--man is it wonderful at the end of the summer-- so many delicious fruit and veggies.

Al and I were arguing through some of this but it wasnt bad--just got to express some feelings etc.

had a nice dinner--that mahi-mahi from tj, lots of great tomatoes and some cucumbers. Didnt have all the food from my fitday because I was full--toyed with the idea of eating it anyway but when I focussed on feeling full I didnt want any--eating lots of veggies really seems to help the cravings!

lots of water too--I think 128 oz. great day!
Old 08-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #65  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just want to give you a big

You are doing so well - I'm pleased you're posting all your trials and stuff on here, where I can find it easily! You'll be at 164 before you know it the way you're going
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #66  

Default Hi

Thanks 2 frustrated! I appreciate your support. You are my role model--you have lost so much weight!
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #67  

Talking Day 32

I had a great day today--I made anasazi beans in the crock pot with some rice on the side--I coulda eaten a few bowls but I had my serving as planned, ate it slowly and now I feel nice and comfortably full.

Went swimming, finally! It was awesome--I love that pool. I felt relaxed and sleepy all day--I think I need to do this more often.

I am planning my meals the night before in fitday and that seems to really work well. I make a few changes but in general followthe plan--it helps me to stick to what I want to eat.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #68  

Default Day 33

Whew--have I been tired this week--exercising every day tho--

Mon: walk around property 30 minutes
Tues: Beach with dog--40
Weds: Swim--25
Thurs: Beach with dog--45

I guess I have been gettin used to exercising again--but also probably stress. at least I have been sleeping okay--not getting much done except rest, recovery, exercise and eating right. I guess that is enough. Hopefully I will get some stuff settled re: internship next week when I go for my session and talk things over.

Having things undecided is kinda hard.

But I am eating right--and I snuck a quick peek at the scale and I was down to 249.5--hopefully the scale will show this on monday when I can record it officially. I have a week until TOM. Forgot progesterone yesterday. Maybe need to take it to swim with me, or take a container with it so I remember.

I feel proud I finally started swimming and may need to do that much more often--once the tired passes.

I need to find a good shampoo and conditioner--the pool is not chlorine but still my hair was thrashed yesterday--maybe put conditioner on before and after swim.

Last nigh was kinda hard for eating--I wanted to still pick after dinner and ran up to 1850 cals--I guess it made up for the 1400 the day before. that is the problem with eating too little then the body wants to make it up. Must remember to brush and put in night guard when that happens. also felt irritable when Al took too long in the kitchen and I wanted to get in there last night.

All is well and I need to remember to stop putting pressure on self--so hard to do.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:30 PM   #69  

Default Day 34

OKay--it is day 34 and I have exercised 5 days this week--not only that but i have stretched every day and iced most of them. I feel great about that!

Met Monique today and had an asparagus mushroom soup--it didnt have cream in it so I think it was pretty good--turned down the bread but did have a piece of cake. I cut it in half, put half on a plate and pushed it away--took my time with the half piece and felt satisfied. Thought of having a bite of the other piece but did not. Felt great about that--kinda hard to find it on fitday tho--it listed one piece of choco cake as having 238 calories--as if! So I listed that as my calories--I figured this cake had as many calories in half a piece.

Anyway--a little less tired today, did 12 laps and it was really good--feel very relaxed. It has been a successful week.

One thing I think helps is if I have a new food I just bought, put the calories in Fitday then I dont have to guess if I lose the wrapper or think about what portions to eat--it is all there.

My friend is 160--she eats like a bird now. I gave her the other half of the cake and she ate like two bites of it. She is pretty miserable tho--cant eat much due to stress.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #70  

Default weigh in

Okay--I am getting nervous about the weigh in on monday--am worried that after all my hard work this week I will not show it--it is 1 week from my period--best time for water weigh gain. I must make sure to hold off on salt and drink lotsa water tomorrow--so I can feel good about how I am doing. I am also worried that even tho I am eating fairly low cal, I am eating a lot of carbs because I am broke and because I love them. I know that can eventually cause a stall. I have to figure out a nice compromise in terms of carbs!

I just measured, finally and I have lost 1.5 inches in the last month--and if my weigh is the same as my bloated monday weigh in--5 lbs. Not fantastic but in the right direction--I have been doing well on eating sanely and not starving. It is about a lb a week. I want to bring that up to 2 lb a week for the next 18--I need a nice start to the year and want to be below 220. I got a book that will help me calculate that--in fact, I will go work on that right now.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:36 PM   #71  

Default re: cals

Okay--I know I have obsessed on this on and off--I am looking at calories etc. I just did the calculations in winning by losing by Jillian Phillips and she says I would need to eat 1200-1300 cals a day to lose 2 lbs a week. Then I read someone else who loses on 1800 cals a week. Okay--I wont wig--I will keep track and if I need to reduce I will--but I know I can proabbly lose at 1500 a day--right now at 1700 a day. Numbers numbers!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:22 AM   #72  

Default Calories

Hmm--somehow I ended up eating 1338 calories yesterday--It seemed like I ate plenty--todays list is more around 1450.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #73  

Default Day 35

Okay--I have weighed myself and officially I have lost 10 lbs in 5 weeks--I am pretty happy! I want to keep up this weight loss and am determined to do so.

What I have learned:

I have learned to keep track of everything I eat and to journal on my successes, questions and failures. I have learned I can eat normal food, have treats etc and still eat in a way that I can lose weight. I have learned to make exercise an important part of my day--having my hubby be my exercise buddy has been really helpful.

What has worked:

beingmore conscious of how full I am, what I really want to eat, eating slower, eating with my hubby at the table have been really useful. Also keeping track on fitday and getting a good challenge going has been great. Exercise finally is straight--I think I will want to increase--actually the swimming I am already increasing slowly--2 laps each time I go. And the additon of weights I think is good. Being more honest about how I feel about stuff even if it is crappy.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #74  

Default Day 36

So being down officially 10.5 lbs in five weeks feels good! I had a cheeseburger today for lunch and an order of fries that I split with the hubby. Eating slowly. I am doing okay tho--I will be around 2000 calories today--not binging, dont feel like it.

Went swimming today--felt awesome. I am up to 14 laps which took about 32 minutes. I kinda feel like swimming every day. It feels so good!
Old 09-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #75  

Default Feastday

Okay--well I went a little overboard tonight--had some snacks and some bread. So the behavior I am going to change on this is that even though I ate more than I planned--andmore than I have eaten in a long time, I am not going to let it derail me and go off my plan. I logged everything I ate in fitday and I am going to brush my teeth and be done! And maybe it will boost my metabolism--probably need it after some lower cal days!