Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Wink Day 26

Had a very successful day yesterday--ate only when I was hungry and stopped when I was full--had problems stopping at dinner and so I went and brushed my teeth and put in my night guard--and that stopped me--I dont like eating once I have my night guard in--maybe I should wear it all the time

I am getting very motivated--I started a 18 week till New Year challenge--I know I want to see behavior change as my primary goal but I also like to see what is possible if I really stay on track--It would be awesome to be 216 by then--and it is eminently do-able if I stay on track and do regular exercise and dont overeat! The fact that I was able to show some restraint on my vacation with family really gave me some hope. I just want to get stronger and stronger and not give up!

I wanted to weigh myself this am--my stomach was looking flatter--but then what if the scales were up--I need to weigh just once a week because I am such a yo-yo. I think not eating after dinner is really key--my hubby had a bowl of cereal and an icecream bar after dinner last night--I could totally have done the same thing but I dont want to. I think my newest goal will be not eating after dinner.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:56 AM   #47  

Default Happy! Day

I feel like I had a really good breakthrough yesterday. I ate very well but again--what I wanted and when I was hungry.

At around 4 I was humgry and craving something sweet so I had my own version of an english tea party--decaf tea with cream and a pack of snack wells. it was really satisfying to make a little ritual of something sweet like that--usually I have it in the evening.

Then for dinner we sat at the table as usual and had a nice meal. But afterwards was really great. I had enough cals left that I could have had a dessert--but I was really full. Then I told my hubby I was working on not eating anything after dinner. so I had the craving for dessert again but was not really hungry. so I had a cup of tea and then I brushed my teeth and put in my night guard and just felt done!

Yeah me! I really feel I put my energy in the direction towards my goals rather than towards maintaining habits that hurt me.

Bravo!
Old 08-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #48  
mostly harmless

For a long while when I was hungry and craving sweets, I'd make up a banana split. A big banana, barely a half cup of ice cream, fresh strawberries, canned whipped cream on top with a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top.

It wasn't that expensive, calorie-wise, but it made me feel good. It eventually got old, though, and I haven't done that in weeks.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:33 PM   #49  

Default yum!

yum, maria--great idea! I think having allowed sweets that are tasty makes total sense--and you are a great role model with all the weight you have lost.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:37 AM   #50  

Default Day 28

Feeling really great about how things are going--I think I need a dancing carrot and a hug!

Yesteday was weird but ultimately successful.

I was stuck with waiting for my car at Ians--I had to get new tires and then there was something broke that needed fixing. So I was there 3.5 hours. I went next door to Ellers and got thai food--Mint leaf chicken with chili. Yumster! I ate nearly all of it and the rice too. But very slowly--took me like and hour. Then I had one of those glazed buttermilk bars. Ate that slowly too--like a half hour with decaf english breakfast tea. It was really really good.

That night I felt really full still--I told DH that I had eaten late and was not that hungry. then I felt a little hungry and we were thinking of splitting a sandwich. I had a tomato juice and then I was not hungry at all so I passed on the sandwich. I then had a bunch of carrots and celery so that I would have enough veggies for the day.

It feels good because:

1. I had exactly what I wanted and I ate it very slowly and enjoyed it thoroughly.

2. I balanced it out by not eating much at night--not punitively but in an aware manner that was in tune with how hungry I was and what I needed in terms of nutrition.

3. Despite the fact that the lunch was not exactly diet, it was not a binge either. Also, it did not lead to a binge--I feel in control. I feel I can be trusted. Yes, I ate a lot and felt very full when I was done--more full than I want to feel on a regular basis. that is somehting to keep an eye upon.

So to add to my goals==and maybe I will do a full revamp on day 30 when I do measurements, I want to try to get 7-10 servings of veggies aday. I think it will be good for my health and weight loss and digestion and good for overall behavior change.

I am up very early--think I am worried about upcoming internship.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #51  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

you do well writing your feelings etc of the day. You should do a blog!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #52  

Default Blog?

Someone else said that to me--where would I do a blog?
Old 08-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #53  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I don't know how to do a 'blog', but there is a Journal feature here at 3FC that I did for a while and it's easy to join http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #54  

Thanks Penny:

I did the journals for a while and I like the format here better--I can see what I did yesterday etc.

Like your siggy! Very cute.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #55  

Default Day 29

Another really good day yesterday:

I ate lots of veggies, made cherry pie and did not eat mine yet--even tho everyone else was eating theirs--I was just not hungry or craving it yet, stayed well below cals, ate exactly what I wanted etc.

short post today--busy with guests!

Tomorrow is weigh in--we'll see!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #56  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

You are welcome to keep going here. I notice many peeps have blog links under their tickers, etc.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #57  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

Hi Sno
seeing your post was a nice start to my day. I'm a little lost in this forum, hopefully this is your journal. It sounds like you are doing great with your new plan, it is Intuitive Eating? You'll have to catch me up on how things are going.

Me, I haven't been concentrating on WL lately. Lots of health stuff and distractions. If I weigh the same or less the first of every month I'm happy. I've gotten a little better with dealing with stress, no more meltdowns.

Good to hear from you!
Nancy
nawchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:19 PM   #58  

Default Old friends!

Hi Nancy;

Great to hear from you--I you have a lot of stuff going on--as do I! Hope all that legal stuff got sorted. That can be a *****. My legal stuff goes on and on. . .

Anyway I am doing a sort of inuitive eating--my own kind--just being really conscious of what I am eating. I cant handle the whole low carb thing, plus I heard that eating low carb can make you depressed which I dont need. so I am doing well on my new plan--gained back almost all of what I lost on atkins but anyway--the good part is that I didnt gain it all back.

Keep in touch!

Sno
Old 08-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #59  

Default Day 30

Okay--I woke up this morning and had the mega bloated feeling--I knew the weigh-in would not go well--I was up to 154.

So I have been assessing my progress so far and although I want the results, I am pleased overall.

My behavior has definitely changed--I am eating less and slower, I am keeping track of what I eat. I am eating saner--very little binge behavior.
I am not letting the scale determine my assessment of my success--tho in the long run ultimately it must to some extent. The times I have stopped eating after dinner have made me feel great--I am establishing some control.

Things I want to improve--quantities of food--I think i could do better in how much I eat--I tend to eat a little too much or eat when I am not really hungry--just when I can.

I am struggling with whether I should watch the amount of salt I eat because I do tend to get radical water gain at the drop of a hat--it is a hard call because I love salty foods. and just because I get water gain does not mean I should gain fat right? It shoudl come right off when the water goes. Will think on that. I should be more consistent with water--96 oz at least!

Perhaps I want to plan the days meals the night before--still having what I want just making it a little easier to eat lo-cal.

Exercise is still a problem--still not recovered from the cold I had--feel very sluggish. Am trying to convince myself to go swimming tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:19 PM   #60  

Default I did it!

I just got myself off my couch and walked around the house and property for 30 minutes! I have been sluggish due to a cold and didnt want to but felt it was time!

I did really good on eating--I have started using progesterone cream and I think that may contribute to cravings, sluggishness and bloat--it better help with my period is all I have to say!

Eating was great, I was really craving after afternoon tea and oreos. I had some massive water--I am around 100 oz today, and then I had a blueberry smoothie, and some green beans. I feel nice and full now and will have a shower and brush my teeth.

Also, when I was walking I stopped at the top of the hill twice and ran my hands along my body and circled my arms out throwing them out and saying I will lose this weight all the way down to 164 and I will release this weight and purify myself. As I walked down the hill the second time the wind came up and I felt it was energizing me and giving me strength!