Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 12:26 PM   #91  
I Can and I Will

Nevermind... i forgot to add in the 2 beers i had... crap! LOL oh well.. i did do my yoga already so my week challenge is successful!! Take care of u

Sandy
Old 10-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #92  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, made it through the night without breaking my food plan.

About water aerobics -- it rocks. This is the one exercise program that I can do without extremely painful knee aches. I have arthritis in them - in fact - the surgeon says I'm eligible to have them replaced, as there is no cartilage in there. Water aerobics, and swimming, results in no pain. I've lost 34 pounds and 2 dress sizes since this spring == tell your mom, and most of the ladies don't even get their heads get damp, let alone do anything bad to their hair.

I still have one swimming workout to go - going to do it tomorrow. I'm really grateful I did this challenge; I've learned so much. Mostly that I can set realistic goals that aren't really hard to meet, and still get good results (I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost 2 pounds since Monday).

Glad you guys are here!
Old 10-04-2003, 06:55 PM   #93  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs down We're a cool bunch!

Heh, people, glad to hear so many reports of success and a lot of saves. I ate last night after working out since I'd already completed my challenge plus a bonus night! and it was like a vacation to be doing that. Having not eaten those nights makes me realize how indulgent and unnecessary the eating is and how cracking down just a bit can result in some major behavioral changes (if I keep doing it long enough). So this is an empowering realization. Of course, all that food (spaghetti, yum!) has me flopping around with a lot of water weight this morning. I also had some salty crackers. But I actually enjoy seeing the effect of food on my body. I mean, it looks and weighs like fat but I know it's not. OK, this time it's not but this is all helping me to just cut the emotion out of it all. If I overeat or drink tons of beer I'm going to gain weight or at least not lose so it makes doing it a lot less fun and THAT is the point at which I think I can then just start doing what has to be done to actually get the fat off. OK, I'm starting to babble here. But do you know what I mean? Someone? Anyone!?

happy, I hear you on the family feeling, though "family" doesn't conjure up the idea of support and inspiration for me! We're more than that. We're a team and one that is really pulling together to help each other on her individual goal because, as someone said before, we all have the same goal really, to be healthier, more in control of our actions, and to become closer to our "best" body. A big thanks from me too! And happy, thanks for the vibes!

Southern Butterfly, live taebo? was that a TV program or something? Sounds like it. Well, I may check out a tape when I'm in the States. What happened when you moved back to Memphis that you quit exercising? Was it you that was saying no one exercises there and they look at you weird if you do?

Well, you sound like you're doing great with your exercise and no candy. Too bad about the laptop. Your cat just probably wanted some attention and figured that old laptop was getting a little too much! I have four (cats, not laptops) and have got one in my lap right now trying (I guess) to keep her little feet warm.

Have a good time on your vacation and we'll see you back here (or on the new thread) later!

friendsforfitness, a hand for your 23, that's 3, minutes of exercise. Every minute counts, doesn't it? Good for you! And another hand for those extra effort desserts and early mornings. You're doing great this week, aren't you!?!?

KristasMom, "I knew what I was doing. . .but I did it anyway." Oh, that is funny! We all know JUST how you feel. I hear you on the "good food" transgressions too. I do these 21-day challenges where I have no sugar and in between (usually a day or two) I kind of let loose on sugar. The first time I just had any old thing from the nearby convenience store but the second time I got much more discerning and really had some fine stuff. Of course, that gets a bit too expensive but it sure was good and something to look forward to. More importantly perhaps, it was satisfying and allowed me to embark on my next three weeks without sugar! Well, good luck on sticking to your plan for the rest of the week.

Photogirl, to you! That is great what you said about drawing on something deeper and it's even greater that that is what you did! Way to go! You're an inspiration! These challenges are great because it means something very tangible is at risk if you don't do what we set out to do. The idea of losing weight is a bit too hard to grasp I think but the challenges are a promise to ourselves and others in a way and not doing it means we've kind of broken our promises. I think this is just what I needed because it seems to be working. Strange, isn't it?

M.N.J, doesn't the night off feel good knowing that you've made your challenge already? That's another plus of these challenges, you can feel good ALONG the journey, instead of just when you see results on the scale or in the mirror. They allow you to relax and enjoy things more too I think instead of always rushing ****-bent on some distant goal, tripping up and feeling bad. And Marti, I enjoy how you let us in on all your feelings, the ups and downs and just so-so moments of your day. It's fun to read.

Aquareggie, we all have bad days, believe you me! So just have a laugh and continue on your way. Did you get your mom to take the water aerobics class? Oh, and I may up the challenge but I'll be leaving on my trip and things will be totally out of the routine so I don't even think I'll do a challenge. With the time difference (and I really suffer badly from jet lag) my body and hunger and everything will be on its head. I may do something though, something I can do no matter where I am. I think your taunting voice (love the ///s!) is getting to me!

Sandybrat, you've made your challenge! Hurrah for you. You're going to have the sun shining on the record board. Way to go, girl!! Power on!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-04-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:54 PM   #94  
deleted2

I'm back and I missed you! The place is really hopping here! We just got home and after loving up the dogs and unpacking a bit I wanted to check in with my 3FC friends!

While we were gone we walked 22 miles on the beach and boardwalk! [I'm SOOO glad that my husband shares a love of walking with me.] We had a few treats , but I'm sure we burned them off. We intended to go for ice cream while we were there but we just sort of lost interest in it. Let me tell you there was time when it would've been a priority. How things change----for the better!!!

I had a HUGE revelation on this trip. The hotel where we stayed allowed its guests to go to the local YMCA. We stopped there on our way out to dinner to just check it out, just passing by, it was on our way. When I saw that they offered a pilates class and a yoga class after that, I had to do it. So, we rushed back to the hotel, changed into our workout clothes, and I did a 60 minute pilates class while Garry did the weights, and then we both took the yoga class. It may not sound like much but that's where my big epiphany comes in. I finally see that I've become the kind of person that WANTED TO take those classes INSTEAD of going out for dinner. And I ENJOYED IT, EVERY BIT OF IT! [Sorry to shout but this is so big to me!!!] As if that weren't enough we didn't have dinner at all that night, just went back to our hotel and had some fruit!

Looking forward to catching up with everybody! And next week!

Old 10-04-2003, 09:28 PM   #95  

Hi Everyone!!
Thanks so much for all the support, I am so sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but please know that I did exercise both yesterday and today! Also, nothing more that diet jello for dessert!

I'm excited tonight, because I got to go shopping, and I bought the walking away the pounds videosand yoga bricks and exercise mats and 1 pound hand weights! Now I have some variety and new things to try. I already have a copy of yoga for beginners,taebo and yoga for seniors. I figure between the beginners and seniors I might be able to do some yoga anyways. I guess ya gotta start somewhere right?

Well, I am so glad to hear everyone is doing so well. take Care and sleep tight!

Lisa

Red- I'm confused. You said I only exercised 3 minutes?? When I walked briskly for 23 minutes? I have a feeling there's something I don't know. I'm not sure I want to know. Is it that you're really not exercising until after 20 minutes for some reason? I was kinds getting proud that I could endure some more, but that bites if the first 20 minutes are no counters. Let me know if you could.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:14 PM   #96  
Never give up

Lisa, Oh no!! I'm sorry. I was trying to emphasize the 3 because I was tickled by the odd number and knowing how I do the same thing (I've been known to count seconds, believe it or not!!) So sorry I confused you. I was saying like, "Three, and don't you forget it!" and meaning it in a most supportive way! Oh my, here I've gotten you all worried with my poor communication skills! Lisa, EVERY minute counts, don't you EVER doubt it!!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #97  

Hi girls...been good with the challenge ...glad everyone is pulling through....keep it up.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:12 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy Sunday!

Last day of our weekly Challenge and I have to say it's been a success for me!!!! I did my 4 days of duel cardio, I did more than 5 days of the abs/pilates videos and I only had ONE coke the whole week!!!! This weekly challenge is what got me through the exercise part... and for that I am thankful!!!! I need to think of some new challenges for next week, I know I will still do the duel cardio, I feel that is really helping me right now.. but I would like to throw something else in as well.... I will think about it!

Lisa... You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! Keep it up!

Eydie.. isn't that a GREAT FEELING!!!!! I am so glad you had a great trip and an awesome mental yet physical experience with working out! You did GREAT!

Red.... I understand what you are trying to say... for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.. haha.. so eat too much, eat the wrong stuff, etc.. and you will see the opposite reaction... in how you feel and how your clothes feel etc. Going through this and learning our triggers helps us know a head of time what to expect if we decide to endulge. Gives us more info before we make our CHOICE!

Kristasmom.. great job on your challenge... and the water areobics sound like fun.. Keep up the awesome work!

Sandy.. hope you had a great weekend and was able to fit in some yoga!! Now you are making me hungry.. all that talk of a juice hamburger and french fries. I am now GLAD there isn't a Fuddrucker's here in OKC... since they make the BEST burgers and fries around!

Aqua.. trust me... it took EVERYTHING I had to get up and go exercise on Friday night. I wasn't in the mood, I was tired... but had I not made the commitment to myself and to you here on the board.. I would have skipped out. So I am THANKFUL for all the support that I am getting here.

Marti, don't feel guilty about taking a day off. You listen to your body, and if it needs a day of rest, then rest!!!! That way, you don't overdo it, you don't burn yourself out and you will be more likely to make this a lifestyle change instead of a couple of months change. You know? I am just working against deadlines here, and want to prove something to myself, and know that I can do it. However, I have skipped exercise sessions when I didn't feel up to it, physically something didn't feel right and such. So don't feel guilty, you are doing a great job yourself!!!

Ok... well, I am off to do my morning pilates.... I will try to check back in this afternoon.... Red.... Start up a new thread before tomorrow so we can all start posting our New weeks goals!!!!!

Cherie
Old 10-05-2003, 05:26 PM   #99  
Never give up

Red face What day is this?!!

Okay, all you wonderful people, I've started up the new challenge thread (No. 4) for the coming week. Please keep writing here while you wrap up your goal (if you haven't already) and then jump on over to the new thread to have fun anticipating kickoff!

Thanks for reminding me Photogirl. It's 6 a.m. Monday here and I'm reading your post going, "She must have made a mistake. Last day of the challenge? What day is today?!" Then I shuffle around in my brain a bit and it's like Oh RIGHT! It's Monday!! Now you can see why I suffer from jet lag so badly. The normal state can be quite a muddle!!

OK, for all those who want to jump over right now, here's the link! See you there!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=32820
Old 10-05-2003, 06:00 PM   #100  

Height: 5' 7"

WooHoo!

This has been a very exciting challenge, and I have enjoyed it a lot. I did my last swimming workout today, and it was .5 miles.

Something is changing in my body; I was so glad to read your post, Eydie, because I am also becoming a person who really enjoys her exercise. I struggled for the first few months of my life changes, I started with like 10 laps, mostly breast stroke and back stroke, and gradually up it to .25 miles (17 laps), and on up, gradually adding freestyle laps, then more than one freestyle laps in a row, until today, I did 7 freestyle laps in a row, and the last one was a SPRINT.

I'm not sure, however, that I could then skip dinner -- I'd much rather skip breakfast or lunch.

Lisa - I really like my yoga. Keep going -- this whole thing is really so good for us. Once we open ourselves up to changes, and we let people we didn't even know support us, we are going to be great!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:17 PM   #101  

Height: 5'1"

Last day!

I didn't do anything tonight, but last night I did a bunch of swats!! I was aching for hours!!

So I succeeded this week!! Yahoo!!!

Off to the next week!!

Marti
Old 10-06-2003, 01:34 PM   #102  

Unhappy Well, there goes that!

Saturday I did great on all my challenges. Yesterday is a bit of a different story. It's a long story that I already wrote once in my journal today, so if you want to know what a blundering idiot I am please click on the "My Website" button at the bottom of this post and the click on the entry entitled "More "DUH" moments from a health and fitness dummy." Otherwise Just Know that I did exercise everyday this past week for no less than 20 minutes. I did wake up at 6am more than 3 times this week. The crunches I thought I had , but now I'm not sure, the journal entry will also explain that. The dessert one I lost again, last night.I am such a doof! Oh well, onto next week.

Lisa
Closed Thread