Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 04:37 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #3 -- for week starting Sept. 29

Hello, everyone, this is PART III of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!!

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! PLEASE, join me!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-28-2003 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:38 AM   #2  
Never give up

Exclamation RECORD BOARD

This space is reserved for our challengers. I'll write your names and challenges here and the date you've completed your challenge for the week and update it as we go along. I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.

ONE-WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGERS

(there will be one for each successful challenge, and you decide whether you earn it)

friendsforfitness: (exercise for no less than 20 mins. daily + only fruit or diet jello for dessert, min. of 35 crunches 4x/week, get up at 6 a.m. ex/week)

redballoon: (no eating ('cept for protein drink) after 6 p.m. 3x/week

PhotogirlTX: (two sessions of cardio 4x/week; 1 hr. in afternoon, 30 min. late and implement pilates video with abs video/ do 5x week)

M.N.J.: (100 crunches 3-4x/week, and glute exercises 3-4x/week)

Sandybrat: (yoga 5x/week, no eating after 7 p.m. 3x/week, getting up at 6 a.m. 3x/week)

Eydie: (no desserts at work, one exercise video daily)

happy dance dot (no WW flex points for this week, only designated points, stick on program, no cheating, exercise 5-6x/week to earn 5-6 WW pts, but don't use for food)

Southern Butterfly: (no candy at work, cardio 3x/week, ab video 2x/week, brisk walk to hospital 4x/daily Mon-Fri, one soda only/week)

Aquareggie: (vegan food only every other day, exercise (walking)min. of 15 mins/day)

** Lavender Girl: (gym 3x/week, 1x/weekend, workouts 5x/weekly, one day vegetarian, no eating afer 7 p.m. 3x/week)

** allthatjazz: (healthy lunch for work made night before 4-5x/week, exercise 4 out of 7 days, 8 glasses water/daily)

** Irishcoda: (treadmill walking 3x/week for 30 min., 2 apples/day, 1 lowfat yogurt/day)

** KristasMom: (swim at least .25 mile 3x/week, 3 workout tapes/week, at least 3 20 minute dog walks/week, 48 oz of water daily, eat healthily -- reduced fat, reduced carbs, 3 meals, possibility of 1 snack, JOURNAL)

** fern:

Last edited by redballoon; 09-30-2003 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:35 AM   #3  

Hi everyone!

I'm still going to post once a day in thread #2 until Tuesday, to see if I can make my challenge for that week. But I'll join you all over here for a new challenge, too.

OK, replies from the old thread:
Redballoon -- Yay! You made your week-long goal!

Lisa -- (HUGS) Hey, you were dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon. They say people feel extra hungry when they are dehydrated. And you did go for your walk!

Photo -- I bet that coke tasted really good. Wait, did you ever even have it???

Sandy -- Do you feel better not eating after 7pm? I feel LESS hungry in the mornings when I don't eat late at night.

Eydie -- Thai food, mmmm. I cooked my own pad thai for the first time a few weeks ago. It turned out, eh. I think the fish sauce adds an important flavor that you just can't duplicate vegetarianally. (<-- Not a word, but hey!) As for soy stuff, I think it's great for cooking and adding to things, but I can't bring myself to drink the stuff. Rice milk is ok, though, to have with cookies and other desserts.

Happy -- Yep, cooking takes a lot of time. For me, it's the chopping. I like it, it's kind of like an art. Maybe with more time you'll be able to do it. And what are you going to school for?

Marti -- I use substitutes for the muffins. The recipe I use calls for only one egg, which is pretty easy to substitute for in baking. I use a product called Ener-G Egg Replacer. It's basically potato starch. There are also vegan margarines (regular margarine is supposedly made out of vegetable oil, but it actually usually has whey in it) made out of soy. The muffins taste perfectly normal, too.

Lavender -- I admire ANYONE who can run.

Hmmm, for this week, I need to add some exercise. 15 minutes a day walking sounds like a good start. And the dogs will be happy, too.

I do not plan to eat vegan every day this week after my goal is up! Probably I will go back to every other day.

Looking forward to seeing all of your new goals,
AR
Old 09-28-2003, 12:27 PM   #4  
deleted2

Hmmmm...Its going to be an odd week for me with lots of food challenges. We're going to Virginia Beach Thurday-Saturday and I want to allow myself some treats, but keep it reasonable, almost saintly! In short I want to eat like a sane human being and keep up with my workouts while we're gone. Before we go, I'm going to try to eat rather lightly so I can bank up some calories for 'indiscretions'.

Vegan Tuesday is still on for me. If it's not too obnoxious I'm going to post my food for the day then! Probably will be pretty heavy on soy!

I love the one-week-challenge! Have I mentioned?

Old 09-28-2003, 12:30 PM   #5  
I Can and I Will

Hello ladies!! I didnt do my yoga last night... was too tired and weak... but thats ok... i did it 4 time and i will do it 5 this week! Or does this go from Monday to Monday?? know i am confused..lol
altho with my head the way it is thats not a duifficult thing..lol! Yes Aqua.. i feel less hungry when i dont eat late at night... whick is a toughy for me... i am a night owl naturally... i make myself get up early so i wont stay up latre... usually it works.. but there are times when i am just UP! lol
Red... i lovwered my calorie intake to 1800... i was at 2200... i dont know why i thought that was a good number...lol so hopefully i will start seeing results... I have also started a journal here... so hopefully that will help as well..
Friends... we have the same birthday!!!! June 23... only i was born in 1963! I agree with photogirl... it was angle food cake.. and strawberries... thas a pretty healthy dessert i think!
To the rest of u lovely ladies... have a fabulous day... i have to run but will check back here later... take care of U

Sandy
ps... my head is better... but i am still not up to par... have ot go and get some meds...lol! I cant seem to get rid of the dizzyness
Old 09-28-2003, 02:31 PM   #6  
work in progress

Yay!!!

It's my first week!! Ok - my challenges:

#1 - go to the gym 3 times during the week and once on the weekend, and have worked out at least 5 times this week.

#2 - Have one entirely vegetarian day! (thanks for that great idea Eydie - p.s. to you - I am SOOOO jealous that you are going to VA beach!! I love it there! I fell in love with my husband there!!)

#3 - Do not eat past 7 PM for 3 days this week!

Redballoon - I have got to say thank-you for creating this because I really am no good at planning more than 1 week in advance !

Aquareggie - I run because they make me! Just kidding!! If you want to reap the benifits of running (there are a few) check out www.runnersworld.com they have link on the top of the page just for new runners. It's a great beginners plan. Or, what I did in KS to improve my run, well there were two things really - 1) I ran on trails usually in the woods, they are good at keeping the weather conditions milder for you. And 2) Run like you are a kid at play, which is almost like a sprint, I would be running along and get tired and walk and then run like **** to a tree, or after a butterfly. Sometimes a friend and I would run and play tag on a trail or in an open field, now my son and I do this. He is young but speedy! And most important when you are starting - you have to push through uncomfortable, and stop at pain. Wow - that turned out to be a longer note than I had origionally intended

Well, I can't wait to report my progress tomorrow!!
Godnight Ladies!!!

Last edited by Lavender Girl; 09-28-2003 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2003, 02:54 PM   #7  
I Can and I Will

My goals for this week are.... yoga 5 times, no eating after 7pm 3 days and getting up at 6am at least 3 days this week. The last is to help me get back into my routine...lol! Have a terrific day all!!!

Sandy

ps still feeling like crap... darn it
Old 09-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default #3 Goals

Well, I am going to continue my goals from last week:

Do duel cardio (once in the afternoon and once at night) 4 times this week.

Implement my pilates video in with my abs video and do them 5 times this week. (One or the other, at least 5 times this week)

And only have one carbonated diet soda this week.

I just finished week 2 goals and had my diet coke at lunch with my girls at McDonalds. It wasn't that great.... but wasn't too bad either!

Lavender Girl.. you have great goals!! You can do this! And I have mastered not eating after 7 and I can really tell a difference.. I don't go to bed with that full feeling.

Sandy... wtg on the yoga... you can add an extra day this week!!! Oh and I think it goes Monday to Sunday... with a new challenge starting up on Monday's... just depends on where you are in the world as to when you actually start... for example redballoon's Monday starts on our Sunday, so she always starts before we do!

Eydie you can do it with the eating... just eat like a thin person would eat... if you get a chance to observe how a naturally thin person eats this week, it can give you some insight. Nothing wrong with allowing some treats... just keep it controlled and enjoy the company around you more than the food! You can do it!

Aqua increasing your exercise is a great goal! You will feel much better and sounds like your dogs will too!

Ok.... Good Luck everyone!! Together we can make it through this week!

Hugs,
Cherie
Old 09-28-2003, 03:10 PM   #9  

Angry

I'm new here, but I sure like the sound of this challenge!
For my first week I will:

Make a healthy lunch for work the night before 4 out of 5 days

Exercise 4 days out of 7

Drink 8 glasses of water a day

Good luck everyone, Tess
Old 09-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #10  
Never give up

Exclamation no confusion!

Hello. To anyone who's confused, I started the new week challenge thread early so you could have fun thinking about and anticipating what you wanted to do.

This challenge starts Monday and the last day is Sunday. Good luck to all still wrapping up the past week's!!
Old 09-28-2003, 04:48 PM   #11  

Well I completed my 1st week on The WW program, with all flex points left over, and no cheating. I weighed myself today and.....3lbs less Oh its a beautiful day for me . I feel very positive about myself right now and I love the feeling. I am already planning on next week's challege. Congrats to everyone else who completed their challenges and also to those who tried their best.

For This week's challege:

1-stick on the program; no cheating myself
2-Try not to use flex points again.
3-Exercise 5 to 6 days this week, which in turn would earn me 5 to 6 pts back on WW, but I won't use those pts for food.

Welcome allthatjazz.

Aquareggie-I was going to school for visual communications- basically graphic design. So now I am a graphic designer

Well good luck to everyone this week.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone,

I am new too. I like the idea of having weekly goals. Mine are:

walk on the treadmill at least 3 times this week for 30 mins

eat at least 2 apples a day

eat at least 1 low fat yogurt everyday.

I read in Prevention magazine that people lost more weight when they ate 3 apples in a day. I'm not sure my tummy can handle that one yet.

And in the same magazine, I read that eating low fat yogurt and other low fat dairy products does something so you lose the fat in your tummy quicker.

I want to see if it works.

Where are the smilies for this board? I love smilies but can't figure out where to find them.

thanks,
Cassie
Old 09-29-2003, 12:47 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Starting a new week!!

Hello everyone!! Looks like we have a larger crowd this coming week!! Excellent.

I want to stick with the crunches this week. I felt pretty good doing them. But I also want to add some glute excercises!! So here it is:

1. 100 crunches 3-4x's this week.

2. Glute excercises 3-4's this week. (lunges & squats) About 2 sets of 10 reps.

Not necessarily the same days. But who knows?
I will strive to do them all seven days....but I won't push myself. I start school tomorrow so my schedule will get busy. But-- I know that's no excuse to not do anything. So I will make sure I do them.

Ok! There you have it. Take care ladies and welcome to all the newbie's!!!

Marti
Old 09-29-2003, 12:50 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Oh yeah-
Irishcoda, the smilies are right next to your reply box. To get more, you just click the [Get More] button.

Marti
Old 09-29-2003, 06:46 AM   #15  
deleted2

Just wanted to jump in and say 'congrats!' to Happy Dance Dot for losing three pounds. It's a beautiful day indeed!

Here it is----Monday. This is the day that decides the whole week for me, gotta make it a good one!

Closed Thread