Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:33 PM   #46  

Just wanted to check in quickly, good luck on this week everyone...and am one day down six more too.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:00 AM   #47  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Arrow rolling along

allthatjazz, good for you for sticking to your challenge! Planning and preparation like you're doing with your meals is SO important but it can be such a chore. to you for doing it!

happy dance dot, Hurrah for one in the bag! Keep it up!

I've got things to do here but am going to try to get to the gym and do arms/shoulders and run. I've got to leave soon though or I won't make it home before 6 and then I'll have too hard a time NOT eating! Wish me luck!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-01-2003 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:08 AM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I made it to the end of the day -- no off-program eating!

Lunch was an new kind of smoothie -- instead of adding orange juice to my skim milk - frozen strawberries--ice cubes, I added sugar-free chocolate Instant Breakfast.

Chocolate and strawberries, yumm, and quite low-calorie.

I also did a one-hour yoga stretch tape, and I drank my water.

Sleep well, you all, I'll talk to you tomorrow -- I think I can do 5 more days.

Sue
Old 10-01-2003, 01:47 AM   #49  

Height: 5'1"

Well I did it.
Crunches down and glute excercises done!! And I'm really tired and worn out! So before it gets too late I'm going to head off to bed.
Take care
Marti
Old 10-01-2003, 05:38 AM   #50  
Never give up

Talking on the way to 2 down!

KristasMom, MNJ, to both of you for doing your thing!

I'm about to knock down the 2nd day of not eating after 6 p.m. I rushed home so I could make something healthy and eat before 6. Did it! Hurrah! Now to hold out till tomorrow morning!

Last edited by redballoon; 10-01-2003 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:49 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Angry Happy Hump Day

I'm about to attack the treadmill again.

I've been doing pretty good with eating this week so far and have managed to stay OP.

I went to see my dr yesterday because I needed a refill of my blood pressure med. I was feeling unhappy because I knew I'd gained back 10 pounds. The dr said she realizes it's hard and then asked if I would consider a gastric bypass.

It scared me! I know there's been successes but the 2 people I know who had it both died.

I haven't totally ruled it out I'm just scared to consider it.

Meantime, back to the dreadmill.

Cassie
Old 10-01-2003, 08:10 AM   #52  

Wink Wonderful Wednesday to all!!!

Thanks for the spin Red. You are such a sweety!!

Irishcoda, be sure to do a lot of research before you make a decision. I once considered that and decided against it myself. keep in mind just cuz he mentioned it doesn't mean that's the route you have to take. I'm not sure what your situation is, but I am working with a lady who needs to lose 230 pounds and she just lost 10 inches in 18 days, by exercise and eating healthy, eliminating bad carbs and drinking plenty of water. If she can do it, then so can you and the rest of us. Just FYI.

Already got up at 6am and 40 crunches done. Last night I had diet jello for dessert. # out of 4 days of crunches done and 2 out of 3 days of the 6 am wake up done.

Redballoon- Oh yeah, what was that comment you made about my smirk in picture? I almost forgot about it, but I wanted to tell you that the picture was taken at a kareoke bar. It was a bachlorette party for a good friend of mine. Her and her sisters are fabulous singers. Everyone was half in the bag and they were up doing the hokey pokey!! :LOL: I ended up being pulled into it just after the picture was taken. Just thought I'd share that smirk with ya.

Take it easy,
Lisa
Old 10-01-2003, 08:10 AM   #53  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! Well 2 days down for yoga... we had a late dinner last night so still have the 3 days no eating after 7 to go... tonight is the first. DH is traveling to day so i can eat at a normal time...lol I have been staying within my calorie range as well... I hope u all have a fabulous day!! Remember to take care of U!

Sandy
Old 10-01-2003, 10:33 AM   #54  

I did my cardio last night, walking again. I would really like to get back into taebo. I just need to wake up in the morning. I haven't had any candy at work in over a week!!

Irishcoda - I miss my treadmill. I'm asking Santa for a new one for Christmas.

MNJ & friendsforfitness - great job on the crunches. They do wanders. My abs are still hurting from Mondays ab video workout.

Kristasmos & Sandybrat - good going on the yoga.

redballon - not eating after 6 is hard. You're doing great. I'm just trying to not eat after 8 and that's hard.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone.... I am still on track for my goals I have set. I didn't do duel cardio last night, I was needing to rest my foot because it started giving me problems yesterday on the treadmill, but I feel good enough today that I think I can get both sets of cardio in. I will know more after my treadmill workout this afternoon!

Butterfly... good job on the exercise. I used to to Tae Bo and could really tell a difference in my thighs after I had been doing it for a while... where I live now, I just don't have the room to do a Tae Bo tape anymore... :-( but I am trying to incoporate some side roundhouse kicks when I am feeling bored standing in the kitchen or in the bathroom!

Sandy.... keep up the great work!!! We can make this goal this week!!

Lisa.. you are doing such a great job! I am so impressed by the determination you have got!!! Keep it up!

Cassie... I ditto what Lisa said.. research.... on the up side, you are here and taking care of yourself and trying to do something about your weight.. so you are making the hardest steps right now! So keep up the great work!

Marti and Kristasmom... going strong I see!!! That is fantastic!

Happy and AllthatJazz.. how are you girls doing today???? Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

Ok ladies.. time to go back to work. Lunch is NOW OVER!

Cherie
Old 10-01-2003, 05:52 PM   #56  

Hi there! Yesterday was the last day of my challenge for last week, and I MADE IT!!!! Plop a sun up next to my name.

I missed a day of walking, so I am out for the week. I'm going to keep posting here and keep trying, though. It was kind of hard working on two challenges at once. I'll try the same goal next week, too.

AR
Old 10-01-2003, 06:08 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I did really well OP today. I have 6 pts left, plus 35 flex points and 4 exercise points. I have enough to get a Frosty at Wendy's!

Why do I feel like I'm cheating if I get the Frosty? :P

Lisa and Cherie, thanks for the advice about the WLS. Lisa, I admire your stamina!

Today I used the treadmill and I walked around the block with my daughters. It felt good!

Southern Butterfly, I hope you get your treadmill for Christmas! I am so glad I have one.

Cassie
Old 10-01-2003, 07:39 PM   #58  
I Can and I Will

Hello everyone! Day 3 of yoga and 2 of up at 6!! Day 1 of no eating after 7. Actually i did last night as well i think... when i remembered ot look at the clock it was after i had dont he cleaning up in the kitchen... and i have no idea how long i was doing that. I know for sure that i did NOT make it on Monday, since hubby worked late. Anyway... it so nice coming here and getting encouraged by u lovely women. You all stay strong and do your best... as long as you are doing your best u r succeeding!!!

Take care of U

Sandy
Old 10-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Default Halfway to my goal!

I did my duel cardio today.. infact, just finished my ellipitical machine work!! I did my abs video this evening..... I had to skip the pilates this morning because I measured ... but will be getting up to do it tomorrow! :-) With the coke, I haven't had any this week... and I feel I may not make this goal. Tomorrow night, I am taking my daughters to Chuck E Cheese... and I will want one then... and then Sunday when we go to McDonalds... I will have one then... so I know I won't make my one a week goal. :-( Oh well... I won't let that get me down... the exercise is the most important thing right now for me!

Great Job Sandy!!!! I am finding it easier and easier not to eat after 7 pm. I feed my girls as soon as we get home.. so I normally am eating by 6 pm. I have found it makes a huge difference!

Cassie, you are doing great too!! Keep it up!

Aqua.. just that you are still trying is success! You are doing a great job!

Ok... time to get ready for bed.. everyone have a great night!

Cherie
Old 10-02-2003, 01:54 AM   #60  
Never give up

Smile TRUCKIN'!!

Hi there. I got my second day out of the way last night OK! Hurrah for me! May go for the third tonight, but will see how I feel (I'm planning to hit the gym late and may just be too tired not to eat something. Then again, I can have the protein drink and really, I should hit the hay!

OK, how are you all doing? Looking good from what I see. Irishcoda, you stay on the treadmill. That's good stuff you're doing there. Yes, I agree with what the others are saying. Gastric bypass is, from what I hear, the resort AFTER the last one. Losing weight IS hard. That's what we're all here for. You're no different. Yes, I don't know your story but if you still have the guts to come in here and set yourself up for a challenge and get on the treadmill AND you have stuck to your eating plan then you are, I'd say, far, far away from the last resort even. I mean, you know 2 people who have died!?! That is unbelievable. That is so sad. Keep trying kid. You can do this! Just take it day by day and believe that every little thing you do for your body it's thanking you and you're saving your life by doing it. Hang in there, OK?!

friendsforfitness, of course you get a spin and purple too! You're going strong this time, aren't you? Up at 6, crunches, diet jello! WOW! You're going to do it 100 percent this time! Yeah, that smirk, so you were on the spot! What is this by the way with karaoke and bachelorette parties. I'm heading to NYC next week, leaving the land of karaoke and this is what I hear they've got planned at the bachelorette party I'M going to! I can't stand karaoke! Oh no! Does this mean I'm goin' to have to down a lot more beer than I want to?!?! I should have the camera ready so we can compare torture pix.

Southern Butterfly, Good for you on the cardio and NO candy! Thanks for the compliment on my not eating after 6 but I must admit it's not as hard as it looks because I go to bed VERY early, like around 9 because I'm often up at 4 or 5. Still, it's a major save not to be eating for those three hours because you wouldn't believe what all I can stuff in my face in 3 hours!

Photogirl, you're looking good! Yeah, hold back if you feel some pain and I wouldn't count it against you if you really can't do something. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Could you cycle or swim, something that would keep the weight off your foot?

Aquareggie, you're going to get that sun! I really wouldn't worry about starting on a different day. Just make your goals to fit the week. This is not a count to 7 kind of thing so don't feel you're out for the week. Jump on in! Let's keep it going! Then again, whatever works for you! You're doing fine.

Irishcoda again! I saw you're back with yet another excellent report! What's this?! Enough points for a Frosty's! Well, go for it if that's what you've earned. It's not cheating. It's an indulgence, something to look forward to after all your hard work.

Sandybrat, for you and your third day of yoga and second up and at 'em early AND no eating after 7. That's awesome, a triple slam! I'm glad to hear you enjoy checking in here. We like hearing from you!

Another report from Photogirl, amazing stuff with the workouts! What's this with the coke? Not going to make it? But really, like you said, it's the exercise that's more important. Can't you just have a diet coke? Are they gross or what? I never drink soda so I have no idea.

Ok, I've gotta run again. Ciao for now!

Closed Thread