Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 10:47 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Default Day 1

Evening ladies-

Well I just finished my crunch routine and my glutes. They are soooo out of shape!! Still figuring out if we can fit in joining the gym again in our budget......until then, it's excercises at home.

Irishcoda- Great job on getting salad at Wendy's today!! Have you notice that you feel more tuned into what you eat when your out? I'm always scanning the menu more closely now,,,although every once in awhile I go for it. (bad I know!! )

HappyDanceDot- Fantastic job on sticking w/the program and not using flex pts. I have yet to try WW. I keep saying I will, but I haven't. Right now, just watching the portions.

Lisa- Congrats. on the excercising!! I will send good luck your way but I don't think you'll need it,,, you're doing great!!

Cherie- I'm exhausted after reading your post!! You've got it going!! I agree with you, this place keeps me honest too!! I was laying there reading some pages for homework and I realize it was getting late....I jumped up and did my workout!

Eydie-Bellydancing!! I 'm always telling James that I'm going to learn to do that and dance for him!! Of coarse I'm blushing as I'm telling him this.. Great work!!!

Sandy- EXCELLENT on the 2lbs.!! How exciting! My weigh in is every other Sat. so this sat. I will find out if I'm making a difference. I had lost 2lbs. last time. As long as it doesn't go UP,, I'll be ok!! But great work!!

And hello and welcome to all the new girls!! What a great crowd we have here!! It's so motivational. This place really keeps me going and all you girls are great. Thank you for being so wonderful and supportive. It's great to have new "friends"

Good luck to all and have a great day two tomorrow.
talk to you then!

Marti
Old 09-30-2003, 01:03 AM   #32  

Sandy -- CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lbs. !!!!!!!!!

OK, Eydie, my computer clock says 12:03 AM. This is the LAST day of my vegan challenge... I'm gonna be thinking of you... I'm out of vegan muffins, too, so there will be a baking challenge tomorrow. As for my menu, looks like pumpkin stir fry and spicy corn. Good luck to you today.

Nice to see everyone else, and welcome to the new people! I did my walk on Sunday, didn't know the challenge started today. So Sunday's walk counts for today, I call! <-- (little kid voice)

AR
Old 09-30-2003, 02:07 AM   #33  
work in progress

Good Morning All!!

Wow everyone is doing so great!

Yesterday I got in I work out and this morning I did another...
Yesterdays was good.. I woke up today and could fee the pain all over my booty and thighs! This morning was all cardio! I burned 450 calories in 30 minutes

MNJ - You said you that your classes were starting up again and you were talking about a gym membership - when I was in college, our school had a gym that was free in you had a valid ID card, does yours?

Kristasmom - You freaked me out when I saw your name up there - my name is Krista! I had to look at your profile and see if my mom finally logged on to 3FC!

Well, gotta get running! I hope you all have a great day!

Old 09-30-2003, 02:48 AM   #34  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking I'm with you!!

Heh people. Glad to see this place is hopping. I've just been too busy to do more than check in but haven't had time to write. Will do so soon! And I'll get your names and challenges up on the record board too. I'm with you, just not posting! Hectic! Later!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-30-2003 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #35  
I Can and I Will

Hey Lovely Ladies!!! I had a great day yesterday... got my yoga in and my pilates... back to back... it was great! Was under in calories and drank all my h2o.... My alarm goes off at 6am... but i just cant seem to not hit the snooze these past 2 days...lol altho i am up b4 6:30 LOL!! I will do it tho...I love the quiet alone time i get in the AM... its my time to sit and talk to u ladies without interuption and get my thoughts down. I hope all is well with all of u... Thank you so very much for your kind words of encouragement... it feels so good to finally see some results after plugging away... Remember to take care of U

Sandy
Old 09-30-2003, 10:45 AM   #36  

Not much time to post. Just wanted to check in. I'm doing great with not having any candy. I notice that I really only want it when I get stressed, so I just pop a piece of gum. I did my walking around the hospital yesterday 5x!! I also went home after school and did my ab video. I was going to get up and do a cardio tape, but my sinuses are not letting me breath this morning. I'll try to fit in a cardio this evening.

Everyone seems to be doing great on their challenges. I'll try to post later if I can find time to slow down!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:51 AM   #37  

Hi Everyone!

Good job Irishcoda, such will power, you should be proud! I did the same thing with the quick reply box when I was a new member here, so don't feel bad.

I woke up at 6am but didn't actually get out of bed until 10 after, does that count?
I did my 35 crunches first thing this morning. No dessert at all. That means two out four days of crunches down the hatch! Maybe one 6am wake up too??
I also exercised for 25 minutes. So as far as that and the dessert thing goes I'm off to a good start so far.
It looks like you all are too. Congrats to ya's!
Lisa
Old 09-30-2003, 11:56 AM   #38  
I Can and I Will

Well technically i am up at 6am then too... i just dont get outta bed til later... hahahaha But ya know.. it will eventually catch up with me and i will get to bed early and then be up at 6... at least that my logic on it... hahaha
I journaled today already as well.. i really like going there...

Sandy
Old 09-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #39  

Last week I had strange results. I walked 27.75 miles. I gained 3 pounds. I lost 1 inch from my hips,total 6 . But I am still doing the work. So I will see what this week shows. The thing I found interesting is that i didn't record my food intake last week several days. I need to make sure I do this I think it makes me accountable.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:49 PM   #40  
deleted2

Irishcoda and M.N.J.---speaking of Wendy's, I've found that one of their baked potatoes cut into wedges and with ketchup is a good sub. for french fries. Really!

Had a 4-mile walk this morning and a yoga class. I'll do my dumbells later. Vegan Day is going well. It's good for me because it makes me stop and think, not only asking myself if it's vegan, but if I really want it. I see more vegan days in my future!

Everyone's doing so well!!! I'm already wondering about next week's challenge.

Old 09-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

LOL Lavender Girl, while I'm sure that I would like you just fine, my Krista is 13 and had very curly brown hair and a bad math teacher!

Meanwhile, back to the challenge -- yesterday I ate a bowl of buttered noodles after everybody else went to bed, so I guess I'm not doing well with food, but I drank my water, walked the dog, and journaled my food.

Today, so far, I swam .5 mile in laps.

Talk to you all later.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:04 PM   #42  

Hiya Everyone!
Checking in to say I exercised 20 minutes, I did 35 crunches, and I will be too busy for dessert, since I have to do the family car juggle again.

Fern- Don't fret maybe it was just muscle gain, you walked a lot!

I found out yesterday that I lost 6.5 inches, I am happy with that.

Good night all,
Lisa
Old 09-30-2003, 06:24 PM   #43  
I Can and I Will

Hi guys!! Did my yoga today... and as always drinking my h2o... I may exercise more later this evening... depends on how the kidlets are...lol Just wanted to check in and stay accountable!

Sandy
Old 09-30-2003, 08:26 PM   #44  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Exclamation for the record

Heh, everyone. I finally got you all on record. Wow! There are a lot of us this week. Please check out the 2nd from the top post in this thread and see if I got you all and your challenges right. The suns are for a previously successful challenge. friendsforfitness, I gave you a spin because I think you deserved one though you said you didn't succeed. fern, what's your challenge? anyone I forget? wrong number of suns? Let me know! I know I'm being totally anal about this but I think it helps keep us all accountable.

I'm just doing the same old 3x/week no eating after 6 p.m. because this is really hard for me. That's why I do it so quickly in the beginning of the week. And I know if I don't have this challenge I will eat and eat until I fall asleep (rhyming here!)

I got Day 1 out of the way last night. Wish me luck and GOOD LUCK to all of you! We are moving along!

Old 09-30-2003, 10:19 PM   #45  

Hi all, Wow this is an inspiring group! I just wanted to drop in for a moment. I have been on target with drinking my water and making my lunch(and tomorrow's is sitting in the fridge too!) Only exercised yesterday, but I have a few days to spare there
Closed Thread