Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #106  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oy, Sami~ too many people afflicted with cancer in your life right now. So sorry dear. I will pray for healing, in bodies and relationships. And so sorry about the boy who committed suicide. You know, when we live our lives, and have hope in our Lord, it's hard to imagine that things would get that bad, but the statistics are so bad and sad. I did some training in LA when I was about 20 years old to be a suicide prevention counselor. It was on my heart to help, and this was in the pit of LA. The place was right next to a methodone center where addicts would come for their medicine. It was a wake up for me that people lead very different lives. Not that I've always lived a crystal pure life, not what i'm saying but i feel for people who are hurting.

Sunny~Aren't you the cutest thing! If you look that good without makeup, well i just don't know if i like you! just teasing! That was very sweet of your DH! Keep him, i say! I suppose he'll have a good weekend!

I went to the chiro today and he did acupuncture, my hip was so bad. I had two needles in my fanny , then he did accupressure and adjusted me. I instantly felt better, even the fatigue has kind of left me. But i've also made an appt. for next week to go over a few things and make sure nothing is really wrong with my health. Want to know about Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and Polysystic Disease.

Going to have sushi with a dear guy friend tomorrow. We enjoy spending time together and trying new restaurants and he's never tried an authentic sushi place, where you sit at the bar and they make your sushi in front of you. I think it'll be fun. Plan on having some saki and anago and CA roll and tempura!

Oh, may I ask for prayer for a 4 yo named Drew who broke his arm right above the elbow and had to have surgery. Very traumatic, mostly for his Granny (who is my boss and family friend, who was watching him and feels responsible for it happening). He just fell wrong while playing. She's having a hard time and not sleeping. Drew is doing well, home from the hospital now.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-13-2003, 07:33 AM   #107  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Saturday

Good Morning everyone!

Such sad news... SAMI ~ I am so very sorry to hear of that 14 yr old boy killing himself. Such hopelessness in our world today Breaks my heart! I am so sorry to hear that you have another burden in your life with all that you are doing for the upcoming wedding. And I have added Larry & Cathy to my prayers... my goodness! So much sadness! I wish that children at the ages of 12 - 16/17 knew that there are people out there who want to help them only a phone call away. To feel so isolated and not worthy of helping - just cannot imagine. A heartbreaker! That's why it is so important that people like, Gary & Angie, are around for their own when needed... at least you know that there will be one child that will make it in this world - even with a broken life. So many children suffer today... just too many! Too many... ... ... my prayers for his family as well as his piers.

My prayers for you, Sami.. you have a heavy heart at a time when you should be feeling joy. I am so very sorry! (((Hugs)))

Hi there, GARY ~ Aren't you kind... I think Joe & I make the best couple. I have been so very blessed to have someone like him in my life. He has always been there for me... through all the mess and now the fun in life. I am truly blessed and grateful to God.

! Yeah... at least that is something I don't ever have to worry about with my kids, huh. My girlfriend has a 18 1/2 yr old just beginning to drive... she never had an interest till now. She is graduated and now is going to her first yr college & has a job and her parents are still running her. Soon they hope she'll be driving. She has her temp & a car, but is very concerned with driving our winters... they can be very scary here! But she has to learn. So... no, I won't ever worry about that with MY kids Too funny!

So... did you see the Katie Couric interview with Dr. Phil last night? He is so cool! Geeky kinda guy, but endearing. I really like him! He made me realize a couple things in just last nights show. So I look forward to his daily chats in trying to help this overweight U.S. Haveta go get his book yet though.

Morning Michele ~ WoW! I think that it is so neat that you are a suicide prevention counselor ~ do you work with kids now? There are so many kids today who have that deep "I'm not worthy to live" feeling today and face the world alone because both parents have to work, or for other reasons unknown to us. So very sad. And schools are so full of "bully-type-kids" it makes it very difficult for them just to get through H.S. today!

Thanks! Yep!! My hubby is a keeper! You are so cute!

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better with the acupuncture. I have never had it done, but have heard people (now you) say it really helps!

My prayers for Drew and for poor Granny. I am sure that Drew will be fine, but granny may hold onto to the guilt much longer then she should---prayers!

I hope that this note finds you doing well with your diet and exercise. Have you looked into the Atkins? Did you see Dr. Phil last night? Do you like him, Michele? I think he just makes so much sense!! He really motivates me to try and do better.

Well, today... Joe & I will be going to a huge Flea Market at the Fair Grounds. There will be hundreds of vendors selling their wares. We don't go for anything in particular, just enjoy the socializing and the fresh air. So much fun to look at all the goodies. I usually come home with a trinket or two, but nothing like some do... dressers, chairs, sinks, etc. FUN!! Then tonight we are meeting our friends for dinner and hope to catch a movie. So we have quite a full day today...

What are all of you planning today??
What ever you do...
Have the Best Day doing it

God's word can't change.
For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:80

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-16-2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:54 AM   #108  

Angry

I also want to wish a personal
"GOOD MORNING & GOOD DAY" to Sherry, Angel, Wilma, Sue (woops! You are camping aren't you - that's okay - still thinking of ya), Judy, Connie, Amanda (Where are you sweetie?!?), Daise, Christian (Miss you both too!), Amy, Joanne (Amy & Homebound - been a long time!) & Zoe (Where are you??? We are waiting...)
Old 09-13-2003, 09:04 AM   #109  

Hi everyone....only a minute to spare.

Manager's dad passed away yesterday morning, so I'm going to be with "my friend". Remember their family in prayer....going to be a long weekend.

Hope all of you have a good one.

Old 09-13-2003, 10:08 AM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink SATURDAY

GOOD SATURDAY LADIES

Well just have a few minutes before I work today. All is well here, daughter called on her way to Magic Mountain for a college bonding thing-- all the kids from her school-- then at 2am they were leaving there to head to the coast for their surfing thing with the tennis team-- as of 8 last night they had no hotel-- pretty much the way the coach operates! No big deal if he doesn't-- we have and she has already called Angie's sister, she lives in the area and will help them out if they need it-- only 18 kids from the tennis team --NO PROBLEM.

Son safe in Vegas-- so far. No kids have gone AWOL yet.

Nephew made it back from his trip with his mom safe and sound.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #111  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Happy Saturday! :dance:

Sunny~No, I am not a suicide counselor now, actually I wasn't able to actually do the work after the training. It was so long ago and I think my work situation changed, but also, my family and friends gave me much grief for going down to that area for training by myself. It was very dangerous and they didn't like me doing it. There were other people there, but you still had to drive in a very rough area. It was dangerous and they were right. I always wished I had continued though.

Your flea market sounds like a lot of fun and hope you have a great time with your friends tonight!

Gary~glad to hear DN make it back safely. You probably have a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach while he is gone, huh?

I was stung by a bee this a.m. at the Farmers Market! I just hate that cuz i don't react well to stings, bees sometimes make me ill, but wasps, for sure. I didn't really see it, i just saw this dark thing and it stung me on the inside of my right middle finger. People told me they aren't the honey bees and their sting isn't suppose to be as bad. It is swollen and hurts like the dickens. Makes me feel tingly. See if i get sick or fever tonight.
Old 09-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #112  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default ACKKKKKKKKK TO KEEP UP!!!!!

HEY everyone! I've been in reading land! Wow you gals and guy can sure post up a storm! I've been having a rough go of things for the past few weeks. Just feel real down and depressed and don't get me started on the food issue. I'm sure I've gained 20lbs...or so it feels. I was talking with my friend and she was feeling the same way...we both realized we've been under spiritual attack and where does satan attack, our weakest points -- which for me is food and self esteem and the boyfriend too. Well we are going on a Ladies Cruise to Cozumel on Thursday 9/18 - 9/22 and I think the father of lies has been doing a number on a great number of us Ladies that are going. It's a church group and a large group of the ladies are not Christians. I've been praying and crying out to God to help...and it's been a struggle. I don't like feeling this way at all.

I've been praying for you all as I've read your struggles and prayer requests. Welcome to the newcomers too!

SUNNY: There is a group of us around here that will be joining curves too! My friend I'm going on this cruise with she has been working out at curves since the first of the year. She really doesn't follow a diet plan other than tries to not eat more than 60 grams or no more than 100grams of carbohydrates a day and tries to stay away from the sugars. She really did not notice the weight really drop off till she started the working out doing the Curves circuit. From January to June she lost 50lbs and she's looking great. So I've seen it first hand how it's working for people. I was going to check into it after coming back from the cruise.!

Ok well everyone I'm at work now and I should get back to plunking away at emails. I hope to chat more later.

Thanks for praying for me and I'm glad we have this group to support each other...through prayer and words of encouragement! Even though I haven't posted much in the past few weeks, I've been trying to read and be encouraged by you guys! Thanks!

Jamie
Old 09-13-2003, 06:40 PM   #113  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Friends!

Sorry I've not been around recently - I have been reading, but haven't had the energy to reply I'm sorry to say!

I'm doing okay - been feeling very tired this week. I haven't lost weight this week and I've been struggling a bit diet wise - I seem to have lost my resolve a bit. I'll sort myself out this weekend and try to build up my motivation again. Maybe it's like Daise said and it's attack - I just feel a bit drained of my energy and strength.

We are still looking for work in Ireland and there is nothing about at the moment which is very disheartening. We want to go so badly and just want to close this bad chapter of our lives (me losing my job, Nigel's work related stress and bullying from his employers) and make a fresh start. Financially, things are getting tough and I may have to find work here until something comes up in Ireland, but it just feels like a step back from our plans, so it is disappointing. We've been looking for 6 months now and thought we'd be there by now, but it hasn't worked out that way. Oh well, I'll keep on praying!

DAISE - Sorry you have been feeling so low, I know how you feel! I know you will not be kept down for long - that cruise sounds like just what you need. Be kind to yourself (think I'll take that advice too!)

SUNNY D - Thanks for looking out for me and for the PM - bless you sweetie! Glad Guido is okay - it's so worrying when your pets are ill isn't it (not to mention the cost - but I know you, like me would pay any amount to get our pets happy and healthy).

SAMI - Sorry about all the sadness surounding you at the moment. I will pray for your friends and for the Lord to give you strength - I will also count my blessings.

Hope everyone else is okay - I'm finding it hard to keep up!

With Love

Amanda xx
Old 09-13-2003, 07:30 PM   #114  

Default touching base

Tired today, think it has to do with the weather. Norm (hubby) got called to work (railroad) around lunch time, son (15) went to the library this afternoon to work on a school project (I homeschool him) so for a few hours it was just me and 14 year old daugther (she has Down Syndrome) -- it was so quiet!!!

Watched Dr Phil last night and was impressed. His new sesson on TV starts on Monday and apparently he is going to be doing a lot on Weight Control/Issues. I understand that his first new show will have 12 people on it that are doing some sort of challenge -- going through his new book. I have read about 1/2 of it now and am looking forward to applying the 7 keys he outlines starting Monday -- starting then only because I want to get more of the book read before I start following the outline. From what I read I like the concept of the 7 keys -- believe it should help me with my focus. Am not really setting a 'weight loss' for the end of the 12 weeks I am going to be working on the 7 keys -- but it sure would be nice to have lost 12 pounds out of it.

Doc's say I should not be as tired as I am -- should be getting over that from the radiation - but boy am I ever tired -- could have a sleep every afternoon -- but can't allow myself that treat with homeschooling the kids -- someone has to be up and watching over them -- not holding their hands but watching -- as they both have special needs -- son has been effected from his birth mom drinking while she was pregnant -- and now we are going through a whole process with the medical profession to get him evaluated -- difficult process as a lot of doctors sluff it of as nothing -- but boy when you live with a child that has been just effected but they seem to accept the child with the complete syndrome but not the one that is borderline. Challenges, challenges.

Have not done as much walking this month as I would have liked -- not to sure why, just haven't -- but still have 1/2 the month to go, so am looking at working on getting in another 20 miles this month. Total miles walked todate is 621 and am looking forward to reaching 650!

Anyone wanting to do a 12 week challenge with me?

Marilyn/Sprout
Old 09-13-2003, 09:16 PM   #115  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default SATURDAY NIGHT

HI GALS

Well I finished my day at work-- I left plenty for Monday

SUNNYD How was the flea market? My wife and I enjoy craft fairs and going into antique stores, there are a lot of them in our area-- funny thing we don't have any antiques in our house. I am not sure about a flea market-- we don't need any of those either-- one reason we got rid of the dog years ago Dirving in the snow is not something I care for either-- I worry every time my kids get in a car to drive-- and as far as I know they are safe drivers. I had a lot of personal restrictions on them when they started driving-- now my step-D has her permit-- I haven't driven with her yet but my wife says she is "SCARY". I didn't get to see Dr. Phil and like the dummy I am I didn't think about taping it-- we only had 5 TV's in the house I could have done it on while we were watching one of my wife's (and mine) favorites: REBA-- it was the first one of the new season. My wife wanted to see it-- guess just cause she gets up every morning or in the evening and exercises and watches what she eats, minimizes her portions, eats healthy stuff more than not, etc. etc. etc.--SHE DOSEN'T THINK SHE NEEDS TO SEE DR. PHIL AND HIS WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM----Hey I said what about me? Don't I rate?-- " Yes you do-- you can go down to the gym, hop on the elliptical and probably do 6 miles WHILE you watch Dr. Phil, you can only learn something you can lose a pound too!" I hate it when she does that...AAAHHHH... I watched Reba with her and ate -- today I feel guilty

MICHELE Acupucture huh? My friend did that with his back and was very happy-- my wife goes to the chiropractor all the time-- he is either doing good or they are having an affair either way she is happy and that keeps her off my back which helps it from hurting My kids are sushi experts-- their mom's former boss for 15 years- a great guy- was Japenese and took them for sushi often with his family, I like it too, some of it. Sorry to her about Drew, it is so sad to see little ones hurt-- I broke my arm when I was 4 too-- still have the cast and boy does it stink!!! Actually I just remembered I threw it away about 6 months ago when I cleaned out some old boxes. Hope your sushi hunt went well-- those little buggers are hard to catch- so slimy

gotta go for dinner-- chicken with honey BBQ sauce, jasmine rice with a greek salad and mill bread..

Be back after- Gary
Old 09-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #116  

Angry Good Sunday Morning!

O Lord, God of Isreal, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below --- you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. 1 KINGS 8:23

A very "Good Morning" to everyone! So very good to see you back Amanda and Jamie! I have tons to do before church on Sunday mornings, so I will fill you all in on our day yesterday (and what a great day it was!) & chat this afternoon, when we are home with our Sunday paper and sauce on the stove.

Till then, you go out and make it
a day to remember with the Lord today.

May God Bless!
Always,

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-16-2003 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:12 AM   #117  

Hello I thought I would post real quick before going to church. My prayers are with Drew and Grandma. My DD fell and burned her face The guilt ate me up and still gives me a sick feeling after 19yrs later when I think of it. Prayers for the manager family it is so hard to lose a love one. And prayers for the job hunting my DD just went through that and it took 3 months. I sat down with her and went over her interview and resume and relized she was comming across wrong her next interview she got! So you might have someone look over and listen to your answers and see what they think. Sprout You are a very strong person and my prayers are with you. I have a child who struggles really hard in school and helping her do homework I have to teach her what she suppose to be doing! When she doesn't understand she will not ask until she gets home. Her teachers are great she goes to a christian school and we keep close contact and I have to say she has come a long way. We held her back this year and the teacher talked to the whole class about it and all the kids have been great. Daise my prayers are with you. EZ I wish I had your wife as my coach! forget Dr Phil! Sunny the sad part about the kid who took his life is his mom and SD were really strong leaders in the church. She had 3 kids by another marrige and then married this Man and had two more kids. Her oldest is the one I worked with and she caused them a lot of pain dropped out of school moved in with some guy and then got married the guy she got caught shoplifting and went to jail then had a baby and her husband beat her so bad he went to jail and she is now divorced. My heart just goes out for that Mother! Mitchy I am worried you have been having a lot of problems and you are way to young to start it now. Wilma how did the boys like riding the bus. Well yesterday went well my Mom came over and permed my dd hair and she worked her fingers to the bone adding thank you cards to the party favors they turned out GREAT (but I still have 30 to make) I do have all the center pieces done! And I do have a back up in case my Pew bows don't make it in (I ordered them from e-bay and have e-mailed the person and they act like I should have them already but she didn't answer when she mailed them!) I am going to try to let my dd dress out on the sides I held it up to the light and it seem to have an inch on both sides My friend would do it but she still has the other dresses and I don't want to stress her unless it takes more than letting out a seam!

Thank all of you for your prayers for all my Friends who are suffering with cancer. They are Christians and I feel strong that the Lord is with them. Have a great Sunday!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:35 AM   #118  

Angry Sunday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

It's a fabulous rainy day here in central Texas. Yeah!!!! We have been extremely dry all summer and it's good to see the moisture. Praise the Lord!!!! I'm tired this morning but not hurting quite as bad as yesterday. I am still having trouble with my gum where I had the tooth pulled and now the other side is beginning to hurt (last few days). Got to have the other pulled too.

I've been reading forever this morning and now don't have enough time before church to post to each and everyone of you. But my thoughts and prayers go out for each of your prayer requests and each of you. I hope you have a GREAT day!!!!! God is so GOOD!!!!!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:47 AM   #119  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Happy Sunday morning ,

I missed most of the Dr.Phil show w/Katie Couric but I tape his show daily. I'm thinking of going to get his new book today though. My mother was very impressed with him and what he has to say about weightloss. He makes it sound so easy. Is it that easy? or is it that we make it so hard? Something for me to chew on for awhile.

We found the sushi place, it's called Origami and it was wonderful! We sat upstairs and had a drink waiting for the sushi bar to become available, after about 1/2 hour they let us know it would be another 1/2 hour so we got a table. I showed my friend how to use chopsticks and he did very well. Made him slow down eating which was good He had the sushi sampler which had 7 different kinds and they gave him a great mix, i had the shrimp tempura and we shared each. We also split a CA roll, had to have that. It was fresh and authentic, very nice. But a little expensive, but then food is higher here anyway. Then i TOTALLY embarrassed myself! I was sitting on a bench and i scooted off to go to the bathroom and there was no more bench and I fell flat on the floor! My back against the wall and feet straight out. I could hear the whole restaurant go "OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH", I was mortified and somehow got up and went to the bathroom and then i started laughing and couldn't stop. I came back out and said, OK, now that I've embarrassed myself, let's go! Good thing my mom wasn't there, we'd have both ended up on the floor laughing......Oh well, sometimes you have to just laugh at yourself.

What shall I have for breakfast?

Tonight we are starting another Alpha session, it's the celebration dinner where we welcome everyone and they come to see wha the program is about. We have dinner and then we have praise and worship music and then we have a talk. Then people decide if they want to continue and the following week we will break into individual groups. Not sure what my role will be, if i'll be a leader or helper or kitchen person, i don't care, whatever they need. But prayer would be appreciated for all those who may be questioning what they believe. Our goal is for all of them to know Jesus!

Have a great day!
Old 09-14-2003, 07:12 PM   #120  
Quit counting at 45!

Hello! It's been kind of a lazy day for us today. We went to church this morning and took part in communion - always a special moment. Then we went out for lunch - I had a salad. By this time it was time to get our guys from their weekend retreat. they had a great time getting to know their fellow students.

We also went to visit a friend in the hospital. I know I've asked for prayer for her from you. She has cancer and now the doctor has given her 2 weeks. She's a christian and is ready to go but that doesn't make it easier. She is in a great deal of pain. Please pray for release for her. Thanks.

My inlaws will be here tomorrow for a week long visit. They want to help us put in our extra bathroom. I'm looking forward to it.

Well, I should get going. Talk to you again soon.
Closed Thread