Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 01:04 PM   #136  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Wink Sue...

Hi SUE ~ Take a look-see at your Personal Mesage file
Old 09-15-2003, 05:36 PM   #137  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello Encouragers

Well it sounds like a lot of us are kick starting our diets today - me too! I had a bad few days but I've given myself a good talking to and am going to be more disciplined as of today! I've had a good day today and went on my exercise bike for 35 minutes (for the first time in 4 days). I feel like my weight loss is a bit slow so far - I've lost 8lb in 6 weeks, where really I could have lost 12 -14lb in that time. I've had two weeks of staying the same, so I'm giving myself the kickstart I need! I didn't stay on programme over the weekend as we had friends to dinner, but it's five more days till weigh day so I'll see what I can do - I'd be happy to lose just a pound this week, but we'll see!

Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers - I will continue to pray for you all too.

Love Amanda xx
Old 09-15-2003, 05:42 PM   #138  

Angry Hi kids-

!st day was alittle rough, but I hear from a great source it gets better- Thanks Sunny- I sent ya one back.
Mrs. Hummer- Your diet sounds great and now that we are starting over, along with some others there will be alot of support. Mitchy- hope all goes well with the start over, what is Alpha I was thinking it was like a bible study group then when you mentioned bands, I am confused, doesn't take much these days. Sunny- Hope all goes well at curves- Sounds like you had a great time antigueing, love old dishes too! Judy- congrats on making it to your first goal, your doing good, congrats on your son, eagle scout is a hard achievement to earn for a young man. Glad to hear you made that much on the dance sounds like all went well. gotta run and make dinner, chick and veggies. Hi to everyone else thats out and about.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:46 PM   #139  

Angry Hi there!

Amanda I missed you , your post got in front, so just wanted to say hi, and we'll all get there together. Congrates 8lbs is good, at least you lost and didn't gain! Right. Keep up the good work. Smile alot it makes people wonder!What we got! (give all your problems to Him, and there is no room for worry, that is my motto! See ya have a great evening!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:22 PM   #140  

Angry Sue

Hello Sue...

In answer to your PM (thanx )... I don't eat allot of things with artifical sweetners --- I use foods with Splenda or make things with Spenda. I just think it is safer then the other sweetners. And I watch processed foods! I recommend you watch how many Jello's you eat also with the artificial sweetners or anything with the artificial sweetners --- even though it is recommened in the book. Do you have the book? Or have you gone to the web-site? Prevention.com (under Wt. Loss tab)? I got the book through Amazon.com and had it here at my home in three days. I am glad I got it---it has great recipes in it.

In Phase I: I ate for
*BREAKFAST: 2 egg white omlet with steamed veggies (like asparagus or red peppers) or sliced tomatoes
or

2 egg whilte omlet with canadian bacon & sliced tomatoes. There are all kinds of ways you can make a fun breakfast.
or
one of my favs Fake pancakes made with: 1 egg & 2 egg whites, 2 TBSP of Lite Ricotta Cheese, 1 packet of splenda, 1/2 tsp vanilla (**I use maple flavoring!) & a dash of nutmeg & or cinn. All mixed into the eggs till smooth with a fork. Cook in a small skillet just like a pancake... yummy! No syrup and so tasty & a Phase I breakfast.

*SNACK: Sliced cukes or Celery slices with lite cream cheese

*LUNCH: Sliced turkey or chunked chicken or grilled chicken on top a bowl of romaine leaves with sliced red peppers & a sliced gourmet cuke & red onion with lite recommed serving of dressing (love the Ken's lite dressings! and use less)
*SNACK: 15 whole almonds (no salt) or I would make deviled eggs and have two filled eggs for a snack

*DINNER: I would have grilled or baked chicken or fish or lean steak with a huge serving of veggies & a small salad. Just to give you an idea. But did find allot of different recipes in the book to choose from and liked or the site below.

*DESSERT: The Ricotta Dessert - Yum! 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese 1/4 tsp almond extract (or any extract flavor you would enjoy---vanilla, lemon, orange, etc.) 1 packet of Splenda
You can put it all in a food processor to make creamy, but I just buy a very creamy ricotta and stir everything in and ref.

Sue, I found the first phase very difficult (so limited) but now that I am in phase II I feel so much better. I try to keep my carb count anywhere from 60 to no higher then 75 in a day (mostly from veggie carbs!). But do take Sunday to enjoy a treat with my hubby (a no counting day)... But because I don't watch "real close" - it is slower in coming off then most. But I am okay with that as long as it comes off.

I do hope I have helped... here is a site with Phase I recipes for you (it takes a little bit to come up, okay.) http://forums.prevention.com/thread....=15&msRange=15

It seems so hard, but just try to keep it simple as possible in your mind and don't let it all overwhelm you, okay. If it gets to be too hard just go to Phase II (there you add fruits) and it will still come off, just slower, but you will feel better. I just found that the fruit for a snack really helped me stay in control over my sweet-tooth! I have such a sweet-tooth!

I wish you (and the others trying it) well!!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-15-2003 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:46 PM   #141  

Question Judy

Hi JUDY ~ I hope I didn't mess you up on the place or time of Dr. Phil's show!?! I was on the thread for Dr.Phil and Gemini from Mass. watched the show @ 3pm on CBS. I really hope I didn't make you miss the program by giving the wrong time & channel for you

I am so sorry if I did...
Old 09-15-2003, 07:28 PM   #142  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Default Day 1 of Dr.Phil's Weightloss Challenge

Hello all! ,

I watched Dr.Phil today and I think I like this program. I'm going to go get his book and continue watching. I like the idea of it not being a program, it's a life style change. And I do think i'm missing a key point in my psyche that is keeping me like this. I'm going to do whatever it takes although i know there are some things I don't really want to deal with, and those are probably the ones that are hurting me.

Sue~ Alpha is a Christian program that helps people understand what Christianity is about, why we believe. It's for all people, from athiests to people who just want to deepen their relationship with our Lord. Check out alphana.org to see if it is at a church near your area. If so, i highly recommend it. It is about an 11 week course and we meet weekly, starting with fellowship at dinner, then we have P&W music and then we have a talk and then small group time. It has really been amazing to see how it affected my life and others. This is my 8th time, i'm an alphaholic! I now am a leader or helper.

Feeling very tired tonight...

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 09-15-2003 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:43 PM   #143  

Angry Hello there

MICHELE ~ There is a thread titled Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge #2 under the Support forum if you would like to join in... we are turning it into a book club for Dr. Phil's book. I just got the book this past Saturday evening and haven't gotten too far. Not many have yet, so you are so welcome to join us over there --- would love to have your input. I got my book at Wal-Mart.

Have a good nights rest... you sounded so tired.
Always,
Old 09-15-2003, 08:10 PM   #144  

Angry Thanks-

Thanks Sunny- I only had about 18 carbs today so that should be o.k., I just will have to buy the book, will look for it at barnes and noble, but have to work a double tom. so it isn't gonna happen tom.
Mitchy- Thanks sounds awesome, will have to go to that site and check it out. hope your soon feeling better. Bye.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #145  

Angry

Oh, SUE ~ Just a reminder... I am in phase II, so I will be higher in carbs compared to phase I - where you are at right now. You are very welcome.

Have a good night and
a good day tomorrow ... don't work too hard
Old 09-16-2003, 06:37 AM   #146  

Hi friends

Thank you SunnyD for all the help. I am computer challenged. I did not get to see Dr. Phil yesterday. We had so much to get done. Also thanks for the receipes for the South Beach diet. I did't eat much yesterday ,because I was lost about what I had that I could eat in my fridg. I ended up with a headache before bed from not eating right. i'll try better today.

~Amanda ~ Congradutions on your weight loss

I need to wake my son up. I'm taking Japanese flower arranging today. I'lltell you all about it later.

"when life knocks you down, try to fall on your back, because if you can lookup, you can get up."
Old 09-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #147  

Talking

Morning! Here's the picture of my new Butter (Cream Cheese) Dish that I was telling you all about from the flea mrket... if any of you know for sure the period of time it is from (I thought the late 1940's) - would you let me know?
In the meantime... I am going to google research it to see if I can find out any more info.

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-16-2003 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:49 AM   #148  

Talking Tuesday

Here's a pic of the bottom...
Old 09-16-2003, 07:53 AM   #149  

Talking Tea Room

This is the "Tea Room" I went to last week for Lia's birthday... Just wanted you all to see how beautiful it is. These people are from Joe's (my hubby's) side of the family
Old 09-16-2003, 08:58 AM   #150  

Hi everyone...
Thanks so much for all the prayers. It's really been a rough few days for manager & family. They had to go so suddenly when Connie's dad got worse (2hr drive), they didn't take even a change of clothes. Stayed a week...& had to buy & borrow what they could. I would have taken something to them, but didn't have the key to their house. Have keys to everything else...but not that. (Wouldn't you know, that's the one I'd need.) That was just one of the hardships.
They had a close friend to pass away Sunday.(the day of the funeral) He's from Texas...Bro Jones, Connie's husband, had to leave on a 10 hour drive after the funeral, to preach his friends' funeral. I felt so sorry for him.
Connie finally came home last night...totally exhausted! We couldn't find anyone to come in & work the cameras, so she had to stay there & do it. I wish I could have....but not physically able. I DID stay quite late, though, & did what I could.... They live next to the station...am glad of that. Just keep praying for them.

The Lord has really helped me to "be there" for them. I'm going to work all this week, to help her...so she can take it easier, at least through the days. I'm feeling stronger these last few days...it's helped a lot. You know, I've noticed all these yrs of health problems...when there's something going on, where I really have little choice, especially, I make it ok. The Lord is so good.

I always go back & read EVERY post & pray for ALL of you. I wish I could post individually, like most of you do. Maybe in the near future. For now, I'm fortunate to have the time for this much. God Bless ALL of you.

One more thing...noticed a question about my son-in-law(thanks). My daughter has received a few short emails from him, & she forwards them to me to read. He's very tired, as all the others...but still ok. He's in Falusia(spelling). The place they keep talking about on the news that's so bad........keep praying!
Closed Thread