Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 PM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up December 2018 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Old 11-30-2018, 11:50 PM   #2  

December will be a busy month!
Old 12-01-2018, 06:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 139.6 - hold
Yesterday was 1350 in and 1670 out

Today is planned for 1302 in and is dog training day. In the rain.

Tomorrow we need to decorate for Christmas and it looks like a good day outside to do so! Need to trim some shrubs before lights go up. My neighbors have these lights they shine onto the house. Very easy and cheap - may need to get some to be in sync LOL. Still think white lights on bushes look great. I would love to do window wreaths but I hate my entrance and can't figure out how to do much about it. The garage is side load at right angles to the house and the front of the house where the windows are is all driveway....the truck really can't fit into the garage either..so when you look at my front door you see our cars (the other won't go in because the kayak trailer is in the garage and DH needs space for his business inventory) .......Honestly a front load garage and driveway to the side would have looked better but is not allowed by the design standards for the neighborhood. ......and building a 2nd garage to the side of the house would be an expensive proposition. (and kind of silly for us and would not solve the ugly entrance....which I am thinking about.....and have some ideas.......).

Food sounds high carb but it us under 100 grams net. The orange is a special treat; I normally opt for fruits with less sugar in them.

Breakfast = yogurt, chia, kefir mix and apple as well as orange and uncle sam cereal

Lunch = Tuna, celery, onions, mustard and measured amount of pretzels - carrying to training with me so I can eat before heading home and driving past triggering fast food.

Dinner = Fennel au gratin with carrots and walnuts

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-01-2018 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #4  

Default Dec 2018

Hi!

Diana, Thanks for starting a new thread. I like being able to find this site each month.

My tooth feels a little better, but it still hurts.

DIET: okay, except for a piece of lemon bar and a couple chocolate covered almond and some peppermints (the kind that kind of melt in your mouth). I am not drinking enough water. I ate some sourdough toast with egg white, onion, garlic, mustard and lettuce with a few baby carrots this am. It is not very satisfying.
EXERCISE: I walked yesterday. This morning, I did 3 10 minute bikes.

220/212.7/211.6/210 I keep coming down. I need to keep my fingers crossed...or should I say my mouth shut and my hands out of the fridge....

Old 12-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Welcome back, everyone! It is comforting to see familiar faces.

Ciecie Welcome back! It is going to be a busy month. I already have a busy day planned!

Teri Have you tried a sensitive toothpaste? Maybe that will help until it heals. Praying for a complete healing.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1570 +
Weigh In: 188
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Today's devotion really spoke to me. Yesterday I tried really hard to have fun and enjoy the evening in moderation. But I know my body is very sensitive to things. When I got on the scale it showed a .2 drop. I was praising the Lord! I feel the Lord was with me last night and helped to keep me in line with my eating. The Lord/Holy Spirit is always with me but I don't always listen to that small voice like I should.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 1

Psalms 150:6

Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

The battle wasn't won yet, but Henry felt it was close. He looked better, felt better, and had a more positive attitude. Life was so much more fun, now that he was thinner. All the really hard times were behind him, and he felt his future was pretty bright. God had certainly been good to him. Every day, Henry took time out to thank God for all He had done. Henry didn't know what he'd done to deserve such great blessings, but he wasn't going to question it too much. With God's help, he had been able to do what he could never do before: lose weight!

Today's thought: God's helping me be both lighter of body and lighter of spirit!

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-01-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:27 AM   #6  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Diana, I actually forgot about magnesium though my mother swears by it...I have Philips milk of magnesia, my mother takes magnesium supplements...that might be why an issue. I was taking something with magnesium and stopped...thanks for bringing it up..

Larry, I don't even know how to do 5 carbs. Is that net or gross??? Still amazes me. Your testimony amazes me too.

good morning again ciecie.

Nancy, hope your day is going well.

granny, of course diet is everything. Some people have inner workings that are so befuddled with carb cravings, they could not comfortably cut carbs without hypoglycemic spells and other problems. There is a class of people that are insulin resistant, though not diabetic. I know by watching my blood sugar for a year after pregnancy, my blood sugar levels were prediabetic or displaying insulin resistance.

in college, I did my thesis on subclinical hypothyroidism and the possible link between cellular resistance and uptake of t4 being a reason TSH levels were optimal but symptoms persisted. I also studied insulin resistance because the mechanisms were essentially the same.

I follow the CAD, because I'm GOING TO EAT DONUTS, I'm going to eat fries. The CAD allows my body to circumvent processes that led my body to insulin resistance. It is just a tool to help get my eating and Especially my cravings under control. I used to have hypoglycemic episodes when my blood sugar hit 80. I was told my body was existing at a much higher level and that was why I was reacting that way but I felt TIED to food. I hated it. Since doing IF and also CAD, I DON'T feel tied to food. ACV is just one more tool some people use to help get rid of sugar spikes to lessen food dependency. If you have ever felt hypoglycemia, it is very uncomfortable with sweating, pounding heart, brain fog and your body screams for sugar and fast acting sugar, these are part of the drive that cause the insulin resistant person to crave junk food. But it just continues the cycle of blood sugar spikes, insulin release overload and blood sugar crashes ..getting the spikes under control gIves the person more ability to CONTROL their diet which is the ultimate tool of weight loss.

syck, how is it going?

Terri, I pray the pain goes completely away. I have that large gash in my back tooth and I use my kids Toms and squiggle toothbuilder. I also used my kids Toms xylitol mouthwash when the tooth was really acting up. I don't feel it much anymore except when I draw in my breath...

scale is at 180.6 and not moving...still not sure when ovulation happened, but maybe 3 days ago now...so will try to stay as low 180s as possible.

had only 3 hours sleep and that affects it some, body has heightened cortisol levels...this also causes insomnia. I am stressing a little.

I did notice my abdomen is significantly flatter and I have a lot less "overhang" in these pants...

I really do need to work the muscles back up in my legs...they suffered terribly with that illness.

Sassypants, hey and there was another new one...how are you doing?
Old 12-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning/afternoon for some
WI down .2 body water % up .1 wacko wacko body LOL
Last night was so weird, I got home and planned to make my turkey noodle soup with the broth I had already made and I went to chop the veggies and my arms/hands got all spastic and I knocked over not one but two glasses of water and felt really off. So we packed up and got take out and after I ate I was a little better but then I just chopped the veggies and threw everything in the crock pot for today's lunch. Today DH and I are just planing a relaxing day at home with just a few short errands. I have the flat rate boxes with Christmas gifts ready to go to the post office so yeah....my Christmas giving is almost complete. that is always a big stress trigger for me.
I think I will spend a part of the day painting some rocks to take out and gift.along a trail somewhere.

Diana as always thank you for starting the new thread
Teri000 so glad your tooth is feeling a bit better, root canals are rough that is a lot of pressure they put on your jaw
granny your menu looks fine to me LOL good luck today and stay warm
ciecie, have a great workout and power walks
Jen how is the recovery going?
Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Yet another pound lost today. I know this will slow soon but I am enjoying the ride. This makes 26 pounds lost since the Friday after Thanksgiving.
Probably should not use a carrot emoji as carrots are totally off my diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post

Larry, I don't even know how to do 5 carbs. Is that net or gross??? Still amazes me. Your testimony amazes me too.
Jen - That is gross carbs. I am eating almost nothing that is or was a growing plant. Or anything made from plants.

Last edited by Larry H; 12-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:00 PM   #10  

good afternoon! will power walk and run an errand on the way to lunch.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #11  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi all!

Jen no change this morning from yesterday morning, but at least it isn't up! I know what IF is, but what is CAD?

Teri my DH had tooth pain the other day and I gave him some clove essential oil on his finger to put on the tooth...pain went away and he hasn't complained since

Today's menu:
b - ranchero steak and black bean breakfast skillet from Omaha
l - Omaha steak fries (oven baked) w/madras lentils and melted shredded light mozzarella
d - I am going to put cubed pork in my instant pot with organic red potatoes and either green salsa or lipton onion soup mix (if I have it)

We just came home from walking 4 miles along the L.A. River...haven't done that in a while and it sure felt good. We used to do that a few times a week but studying took over as being more important. Hope everyone's day went well! I have to eat and get to studying - exam Tuesday!
Old 12-01-2018, 09:31 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1330 calories &

Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (440 calories)
Ancient Grain & Arugula Salad with Chicken 360 calories
apple 80 calories

Snack (150 calories)
grapes 150 calories

Dinner (490 calories)
Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
steamed broccoli 100 calories
honeydew melon 150 calories

Exercise
1 hour outdoor walk
We decorated the church for Christmas today. My tracker says I got 13,108 steps and 6.37 miles today.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #13  

good night all! power walked to church tonight. ran an errand on the way home. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Larry, wow!!!

Nancy, did your muscles actually jerk, or were you just feeling clumsy?

Diana, THANK YOU!!

Granny, hi, hope today is good

Terri, pain go, jaw heal in Jesus name.

Syk, carbohydrate addicts diet. It's an old plan developed by a husband/wife team of doctors...I found it years ago when I was praying to God for help with my binging problem. I found the book in a box sitting by the dumpster with a bunch of worship cds....it was a bit of a crazy approach but I tried it and started losing weight..

recovery is ok, Christmas is stressing me a little. I want everyone to be happy. I'm much stronger and voice is 70% back. Praise God!!!

I took miralax at advice of pharmacist and tummy is rumbling....as long as I'm not birthing poo babies anymore, I'll be happy. Can't handle that anymore!!!

Last edited by jendiet; 12-02-2018 at 03:58 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 138.4, drop

Yesterday ate 1286 burned 1785 - it was a deviation (ultimately fewer calories overall) from planned diet because my teammate had turkey soup and pumpkin bread after training and it was wet and cold and rainy and I partook. Now the bread DID make me hunger for more but I *can* have enough willpower to make it home, adjust my plan for the rest of the day and make it to dinner......All I need is willpower between meals in that case and a home where such foods have no place on the shelves.

Dog training was good. One of our training scenarios involved having to crawl under a barbed wire fence in the mud, make it through several cattle pastures (and redoing the gates) and searching an old barn. Knowing what kind of stuff people with dementia and kids do it was actually very realistic.

Today the plan is 1348 Calories:

Breakfast-potatoes,peppers,onions, tofurkey, EVOO
Lunch-Greek yogurt, Kefir, chia, and apple
Dinner-That darned Fennel. carrot and walnut au gratin

Jendiet - Oh not trying to be confrontational - My undergraduate thesis in biochem was in the area of impact of dietary fats on the red cell integrity of mice (this was many years ago). As a matter of fact, all the way back in the 70s we were learning about trans fatty acids, margarine, the conversion of cis to trans under high heat cooking conditions etc. They were already concerned about this back then. My graduate thesis in Chemistry was more mundane with the immobilizing of enzymes that interacted with NADPH on a probe and using it to generate a bioluminscent reaction that could be used as a biosensor (FWIW this technology is now pretty common and much more is known about trans fatty acids et al than in the mid 70s) ---so--the reason I say that is I do have some scientific credentials and still find that the ACV idea could have merit but is not a consensus view and that there can be other issues (such as interaction with certain medications) that could offset potential benefits. I just don't find this has crossed the barrier to being widely accepted/implemented and feel the best approach is to eat a diet that, on its own, levels out glycemic peaks and to moderate any use of it for dietary purposes with some degree of caution.

Interesting on the thyroid. I once had T4 uptake tested by a doctor (it was fine and TSH/T4 levels have always been on target) but my concern (and she would not do a free T3 test) was possible defects in the conversion of T4 to T3. That said, my body temperature has always run low (under 97 overall, in the 95s in the morning) and in high school a doctor gave me a low does of a supplement (.5 grains proloid - not enough to override the feeback mechanism, but like Armour it supplied T3) based on an old Russian nerve impulse test, and I rapidly equilibrated to normal weight and energy levels. But then my doctor retired and proloid wound up off the market and the symptoms slowly started returning. I have had to make peace with the idea that calorie wise I am an "easy keeper" and always have been because I am not going to tinker with such an important hormone on my own.

Last edited by grannynancy; 12-02-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Closed Thread